What's new

The Ethics Order Thread

Martin-O

Patron
Here is the first document of a few or many (who knows?). And what better way to start off the thread than with the Founder himself, "mankind's best friend"! A true philantropist he was indeed!

disconnection-hubbard-ii-jpg.2594

Uber

Patron
ESMB Ethics Order #47,328

Mimsey Borogove is hereby assigned the Ethics Condition of Mensch.

(Yup. Liz is Yiddishe)

AngeloV

Gold Meritorious Patron
Scientology is the 'religion' of hate, vengeance and retribution. And it's 'ethics' doctrine is the tool it uses to abuse people.

exsomessenger

Patron Meritorious
this brings back some memories. as the COPE officer in HCO CMO clearwater. we did quite a few of these. funny how it was so important when it was happening. Like the
world depended on it or something. When really it was a bunch of uneducated kids playing ship. :duh:

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
It is 1982. Here is the Group SP Declare on the "Galactic Patrol":

“The Church of Scientology is currently engaged in our most rapid period of expansion in history. All Scientologists are warned to not let these things distract us from keeping up with the increasing demands for standard technology.”

This was written on September 3rd, 1982. In 45 days the infamous Mission Holders Conference would take place, and the rest is history.

Martin-O

Patron
A Sea Org couple is assigned to "pigs berthing" after they flunked on their inspection. Now they are trying to get the order reversed through a "query of order":

pigs-jpg.193611

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Another pearl from the Pac-area: "Get him to make money and he will be out of rice and beans."

rice-jpg.193613

I think our never-ins might need some help with this. Its been a while but lets see how I do.

I think this query has been written by the Director of Technical Services for the False Purpose Run Down Mission located at PAC (probably Big Blue) on behalf of a certain Tim Edwards. I assume Tim has something to do with Regging aka Sales given the handwritten denial of the request making reference to his needing to make money.

As far back as the late 70s and I believe earlier, it was common practice to place an entire org on a diet of rice and bens (sic) for weeks or months if income was low. Keep in mind that these people are already working 100 - 120 hours a week, all-nighters notwithstanding. Separate lines would be set up and policed so the rice and beans people didn’t cheat.

Having food in berthing was seriously frowned upon, almost understandable given the constant battle with cockroaches, and food preparation in berthing was outright banned without express written authorization, generally on the basis of special medical/dietary requirements.

When an Org is on rice and beans, the pay can be expected to also be cut. In my day it would be zero to generally around $3. - $6. If we got $10. a week it was typical, $20. was amazing! So the point being that not only is there very little in the way of positive incentive outside of ideological devotion but the driving motivation can deteriorate to just trying to survive and avoid punishment. If you get caught even going into the Galley/Kitchen area without a good reason you can be in big trouble. I seem to recall that there is even a Base Order to that effect. “Midrats” or Midnight Rations are prepared only for people who have explicitly been ordered to stay up late and to be qualified for Midrats. Even though most people are probably working late just to try to get their stats up so they can get time off to do laundry every two weeks, doesn’t mean they get Midrats.

By the time you are reduced to this level, just going to the corner market for a small bag of Fritos was a treat. Yet, in my interpretation of this denial by the Ethics Mission In-Charge, by 1990, even that little bag of Fritos would now be officially verbotten.

I have argued on this forum as Devil’s Advocate for people in the Sea Org who are portrayed as “Evil” out of hand. Here we see a DTS or whoever he is, using their authority to try to help another person within the framework and mindset of the organization. Note they don’t try to argue just that a person can’t perform or think well if they are hungry or nutritionally deprived. That apparently would not be the winning strategy. No, the chances of being permitted to buy your own food with what little personal money you have would be greater by appealing to the higher up’s understanding of how something that happened hundreds, thousands or millions of years ago in another lifetime to make beans and rice a bad thing now, would make greater sense.

Denied.

Dave B.

Maximus Ultimus Mostimus
I think our never-ins might need some help with this. Its been a while but lets see how I do.

I think this query has been written by the Director of Technical Services for the False Purpose Run Down Mission located at PAC (probably Big Blue) on behalf of a certain Tim Edwards. I assume Tim has something to do with Regging aka Sales given the handwritten denial of the request making reference to his needing to make money.

As far back as the late 70s and I believe earlier, it was common practice to place an entire org on a diet of rice and bens (sic) for weeks or months if income was low. Keep in mind that these people are already working 100 - 120 hours a week, all-nighters notwithstanding. Separate lines would be set up and policed so the rice and beans people didn’t cheat.

Having food in berthing was seriously frowned upon, almost understandable given the constant battle with cockroaches, and food preparation in berthing was outright banned without express written authorization, generally on the basis of special medical/dietary requirements.

When an Org is on rice and beans, the pay can be expected to also be cut. In my day it would be zero to generally around $3. - $6. If we got $10. a week it was typical, $20. was amazing! So the point being that not only is there very little in the way of positive incentive outside of ideological devotion but the driving motivation can deteriorate to just trying to survive and avoid punishment. If you get caught even going into the Galley/Kitchen area without a good reason you can be in big trouble. I seem to recall that there is even a Base Order to that effect. “Midrats” or Midnight Rations are prepared only for people who have explicitly been ordered to stay up late and to be qualified for Midrats. Even though most people are probably working late just to try to get their stats up so they can get time off to do laundry every two weeks, doesn’t mean they get Midrats.

By the time you are reduced to this level, just going to the corner market for a small bag of Fritos was a treat. Yet, in my interpretation of this denial by the Ethics Mission In-Charge, by 1990, even that little bag of Fritos would now be officially verbotten.

I have argued on this forum as Devil’s Advocate for people in the Sea Org who are portrayed as “Evil” out of hand. Here we see a DTS or whoever he is, using their authority to try to help another person within the framework and mindset of the organization. Note they don’t try to argue just that a person can’t perform or think well if they are hungry or nutritionally deprived. That apparently would not be the winning strategy. No, the chances of being permitted to buy your own food with what little personal money you have would be greater by appealing to the higher up’s understanding of how something that happened hundreds, thousands or millions of years ago in another lifetime to make beans and rice a bad thing now, would make greater sense.

Denied.

Must have worked!

Tim Edwards is one of the pieces of shit that robbed me of 57k in 2011.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
I can hardly imagine what the Pigs berthing could be...when the ''regular'' berthing is the grade of a third world prison :confused2:

Those orders are very degrading!
It can't be intented otherwise. :nervous:

This is, has always been the true nature of cults..degrade human being.

When I escapedthe SO, I was very skinny.
I could not eat sufficiently and 12$\week was not enough to buy extra food at the cantine.

I have heard numerous time of a specific SO compound that is ''famous'' for being dirty, and regularly on a rice & beans diet.
People fear to go there!

A farmer always feed his herds with nutricious food and supplements.
Low status SOrgers are not even reaching the rank of an animal!

Last edited:

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Sorry you had to go through all that dude.

You mean me? If so, thanks, but its not about me. Its about making good people a part of that. If the hardships were due to a fledgling religious movement struggling through growing pains out of a sincere desire to do what it promised it could be overlooked, but there is a trust that our part in this would lead to something better. That never happened and people are still being harmed because of our contribution and thats what this is about. I don't need reparation - I just need this to not happen to anyone else.

Instead of honoring the work of those who came before, everything I've been seeing shows me that it just got continually and deliberately worse.

Anonycat

Crusader
You mean me? If so, thanks, but its not about me. Its about making good people a part of that. If the hardships were due to a fledgling religious movement struggling through growing pains out of a sincere desire to do what it promised it could be overlooked, but there is a trust that our part in this would lead to something better. That never happened and people are still being harmed because of our contribution and thats what this is about. I don't need reparation - I just need this to not happen to anyone else.

Instead of honoring the work of those who came before, everything I've been seeing shows me that it just got continually and deliberately worse.

A religion? Something honorable? We can't be talking about the same thing, can we?

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Must have worked!

Tim Edwards is one of the pieces of shit that robbed me of 57k in 2011.

Over 20 years as a Reg? Ugh.

For today's phone survey we are asking you to rate the following occupations in terms of integrity and trust:

Politician
Lawyer
Banker
Used Car Salesman
OSA Operative
Cable Installer
Scientology Recruiter
Insurance Salesman
Scientology Registrar