What's new

The Scn Magazine thread

skep

Patron with Honors
Wonder which surplass warehouse they found all those CRT monitors. So advanced!

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
Wonder which [strike]surplass[/strike] surplus (FIFY) warehouse they found all those CRT monitors. So advanced!

Well, I'm the last one to defend any m'f'ing scientologists, but it was over 20 years ago. Did you have an LED monitor 20 years ago?

Dave B.

Maximus Ultimus Mostimus
I believe the monitors were a brand called Qume. I have no idea who or what their history is, but there were truckloads of them around. The computers were Wicat? I might be wrong on that.

I remember Wicat was World Institute of Computer Aided Training. A Mormon outfit from Salt Lake City that INCOMM was playing nice with.

Those pictures with Larry Robinson and Real LaPlaine are from 1983. I remember the day they were taken.

skep

Patron with Honors
Well, I'm the last one to defend any m'f'ing scientologists, but it was over 20 years ago. Did you have an LED monitor 20 years ago?

I must of missed that it was meant to represent 20 years ago. Oh, and the answer is yes, LCD monitors were in use 20 years ago. Particularly in laptops. But thanks for the attempt at snarkasm.

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
I must [strike]of[/strike] have (FIFY) missed that it was meant to represent 20 years ago.
As a matter of fact it was 33 years ago according to Dave B, so my question should have been 'Did you have an LCD monitor 33 years ago?' I f'ked up there, but never mind.

Oh, and the answer is yes, LCD monitors were in use 20 years ago. Particularly in laptops. But thanks for the attempt at snarkasm.

Snarkasm? Sorry, you've lost me, nowhere in my post was I trying to be sarcastic. :no:

Last edited:

uncover

Gold Meritorious Patron
Oh, and the answer is yes, LCD monitors were in use 20 years ago. Particularly in laptops. ....
strativarius was asking about LED-backlighted monitors and not about TFT-monitors with neon backlighting which were indeed available and used in laptops.

And the question was not if they were generally "in use" 20 years ago, the question was if you personally HAD one of those ?

Because if you could have afforded one 20 years ago, you can't have been a scientologist. :yes:

Martin-O

Patron
Just another Sea Org program that utterly failed: the "Class VIII Expansion Program" (from Highwinds #11 (1990).

class-viii-expansion-jpg.218526

Last edited:

Martin-O

Patron
Captain Mark Rathbun's comments on Narconon Chilocco and Scientology's enemies (from the IAS event in 1992, published in Impact #45):

rathbun-ias-event-jpg.1094