What's new

Looking for Library Donation Service Propaganda

AnonLover

Patron Meritorious
Hi all, anybody got a big old stack of scieno junk mail lying around with no good use for it? if so - i'm here to give meaning & purpose to that pack rat tendency of keeping a stack of stuff you dont really need :thumbsup:

a few months back there was lots of stir on the internet about the "Scientology Library Dump" re: donations being collected to dump boxes of basics books on libraries who in most cases - dont particularly want them. Back in May there was completion stats released claiming USA was 100% complete on this effort.

i decided to research it further for a future article (I'm nearly finished with) to be posted on my blog. Using online library catalog searches, i gathered the following stats on how many new editions are actually on the shelf & available to the public:

http://tinyurl.com/5e34lj

I'm looking for one last piece of material to finish up my article that will go with those stats... a scanned piece of library donation service salepitch material. I found an old topic up here where i can quote a partial email message posted that states they were asking $450 per library if I have too. But I'd much rather get a hold of a scanned image or two, so that i can show exactly how the donation campaign was promoted. anyone by chance got anything like that lieing around you can post here for me? TIA!

Terril park

Sponsor
Hi all, anybody got a big old stack of scieno junk mail lying around with no good use for it? if so - i'm here to give meaning & purpose to that pack rat tendency of keeping a stack of stuff you dont really need :thumbsup:

a few months back there was lots of stir on the internet about the "Scientology Library Dump" re: donations being collected to dump boxes of basics books on libraries who in most cases - dont particularly want them. Back in May there was completion stats released claiming USA was 100% complete on this effort.

i decided to research it further for a future article (I'm nearly finished with) to be posted on my blog. Using online library catalog searches, i gathered the following stats on how many new editions are actually on the shelf & available to the public:

http://tinyurl.com/5e34lj

I'm looking for one last piece of material to finish up my article that will go with those stats... a scanned piece of library donation service salepitch material. I found an old topic up here where i can quote a partial email message posted that states they were asking $450 per library if I have too. But I'd much rather get a hold of a scanned image or two, so that i can show exactly how the donation campaign was promoted. anyone by chance got anything like that lieing around you can post here for me? TIA!

See me at the protest. I may have something. Or call me on
0208-864-4940

byte301

Crusader
AnonLover,

You may be interested in the "Didn't think they'd do it but they did" thread on this board.

It's relative to your interests I think.:yes:

AnonLover

Patron Meritorious
AnonLover,

You may be interested in the "Didn't think they'd do it but they did" thread on this board.

It's relative to your interests I think.:yes:

yes i already have that bookmarked... if i cant get my hands on some PR easily, my fallback plan is to use a quote from that thread. my article is now finished and ready to publish, but i'm still holding out hope for a day or so a couple leads and/or this thread might still pan out with the real goodies :wink2:

byte301

Crusader
yes i already have that bookmarked... if i cant get my hands on some PR easily, my fallback plan is to use a quote from that thread. my article is now finished and ready to publish, but i'm still holding out hope for a day or so a couple leads and/or this thread might still pan out with the real goodies :wink2:

Great AnonLover and best of luck with your article! Just a thought...did you check with Pooks at enturb? She usually has some stuff on hand.

AnonLover

Patron Meritorious
yes byte301... waiting on pooks to get bak to a PM I sent her the day before i posted here is one the 'leads' i'm still hoping will pan out before i publish this first article to my blog.

and if doesnt work out this time around, no big deal... i am planning on releasing a followup version of the library search stats i compiled in 3-6 months, for a look at if anything changes. and i have no doubt once i leave this stew a short while, either somebody will get new spam on it eventually, or an anon-supporter will get their hands on "the big white brochure" on display in all the bigger orgs. its only a matter of time :whistling:

Neo

Silver Meritorious Patron
I just received this email, lacking anti-SPAM legal requirements (but that's another matter), regarding supposed positive statements from European libraries after receiving LRH book donations. If these libraries were contacted, I wonder how many of these statements would turn out to have been actually made?

GOOD NEWS FROM LIBRARIES

ACROSS EUROPE!!!!

Biblioteca Comunale Firenze, Italy.

“The volumes are liked by everybody as the subjects they cover are ahead of their time.”

Biblioteca Comunale Artemisia, Italy.

“Thank you. This increases the legacy of our library.”

Biblioteca Pubblica Comunale “A. Iraca”, Italy.

“The series look very interesting. The themes are very much related to actuality and are successfully received by our readers. It created discussions of considerable magnitude amongst them.”

Biblioteca Comune Giarratana, Italy.

“These are very interesting books.”

Biblioteca Comunale Remmaro Perrotta, Italy.

“Very interesting books and they are very much liked by the users of the library.”

Biblioteque d’Ulm letters et sciences humaines, Paris, France.

“I have the honor to acknowledge the receipt of the 19 works that you kindly offered to our college library. I thank you for your donation and believe sir, I give the assurance of the deepest respect.”

Biblioteca Provenciale Potenza, Italy.

“I feel the duty to thank you very much for the donation of the books to our Library.”

Biblioteca dell’Istituto Professionale di stato per l’industria e l’artigianato, Italy.

“In gratitude for the kind donation to this institute, we would like to let you know that the presidency will collect the input on the given materials for you.”

City Library of Kenderes, Hungary.

“We are very happy to receive these books. They are very much appreciated by the readers. As our readers are learning other languages, we request to receive the books in English and German too.”

Pecsi Puspoki Hittudomanyi Foiskola. Hungary.

We are happy to receive your books and have placed them on our shelves. Our high school is an ecclesiastical catholic institute, but people of other religions are welcome who are interested in theology. The books serve well in the education of priests and ministers and prepare them for their function.

Tiszamogyorós - Községi és Iskolai Könyvtár. Hungary.

Thank you very much for the donation. We hope that the books of the writer will create a big effect on the local society. We are a small library and we are happy to enrich our collection with such interesting books.

Biblioteca Comunale “Isidoro Chirulli”. Taranto, Italy.

We want to thank you very much for the materials and would like to request for more materials in order to create a section within the library specifically dedicated to Scientology. It is important for us to let you know that we are a mediathek, so we would appreciate multimedia materials.

Public library from Greneva, in Greece.

We received your valuable donation of several titles and we thank you for this. L. Ron Hubbard was missing in our library. With this donation from you, our library is enriched in titles, expanded in knowledge, enhanced in self-exploration and from now on will provide a new scope of diversity and ideas. We wish you good health and long living.

Cyprus Library, Nicosia, Cyprus.

On behalf of the Cyprus Library, I would like to thank you for the generous donation to the Library of two copies of the books by L. Ron Hubbard. They constitute a valuable addition to our collections.

Biblioteca Provinciale, Salerno, Italy.

We very much appreciated your gift, which will be enclosed in our bibliographical collections…Many thanks for your kind attention.​

Best regards

Roberto Reguera

Planetary Dissemination I/C

Europe

AnonLover

Patron Meritorious
*swoons*

i had given up... i'm finally posting my article tonight and came here to grab a link to this thread for referencing the unfound search, and lo & behold - NEO prevails with something new!!!!

thkyou thkyou - we will investigate this oh yessir u betcha! ha!

AnonLover

Patron Meritorious
Article:
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Anon Galaxy: Scientology’s Library Donation Service… Scam or Fundraiser?

Library Catalog Stats:
Scientology Library Dump Stats

Note: embedded youtube playlists are suffering technical difficulties as of the time of this message. so it's only playing the first vid on my blog and being weird as shit. if you wish to see the whole collection of vids and its still broke, follow the title link above player and watch the series on youtube. (sigh - so figures)

I also still want moar library donation service propaganda if anybody happens upon anything, i plan on doing updated stats and additional aticles in the future. hopefully my fantasy of somebody w/ a scanner getting ahold of the "big white brochure" handed out at the bigger orgs will come true in the near future (fingers & toes crossed)