What's new

Scientology Removing "Going Clear" From Libraries?

Anonycat

Crusader
According to him they destroyed the book without opening it. I knew, while I was still in, an OT who read the book. Her comment was "That poor guy's grades were so out."

In the situation I mentioned, they did look. That's how we first learned more about OT3.

chipgallo

Patron Meritorious
Critical/Helpful books on Kindle (impervious to reverse donation from library):

• "Cults Inside Out: How People Get In and Can Get Out," Rick Ross (shareable)
  • "Combating Cult Mind Control: The #1 Best-Selling Guide to Protection, Rescue and Recovery from Destructive Cults," Steven Hassan (shareable)
  • "The Unbreakable Miss Lovely: How the Church of Scientology tried to destroy Paulette Cooper," Tony Ortega (not shareable)
  • "Almost A Psychopath: Do I or Does Someone I Know) Have a Problem with Manipulation and Lack of Empathy?," Ronald Schouten, James Silver (not shareable)
  • "Let's sell these people a Piece of Blue Sky," Jon Atack (shareable)

This is not an exhaustive list of titles available on Kindle but rather ones that I personally own. Contact me to borrow the shareable ones.

[Note: I notice that lending is not enabled for the Kindle edition of Lawrence Wright's "Going Clear." In light of the apparent reverse lending, it would be helpful for authors to ask their publisher to consider this feature for Kindle editions of books. That puts a banana up the syndicate's tailpipe :)].

Chip

Last edited:

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
Can be read online at Carnegie Mellon University website for educational purposes... here

Ahh, CMU's archive. That was my gateway drug into this whole mess, back in 1992 or 93, after I read the Time article in 1991 (in Prague, as the Soviets were leaving: quite fitting, in a way).

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Critical/Helpful books on Kindle (impervious to reverse donation from library):

• "Cults Inside Out: How People Get In and Can Get Out," Rick Ross (shareable)
  • "Combating Cult Mind Control: The #1 Best-Selling Guide to Protection, Rescue and Recovery from Destructive Cults," Steven Hassan (shareable)
  • "The Unbreakable Miss Lovely: How the Church of Scientology tried to destroy Paulette Cooper," Tony Ortega (not shareable)
  • "Almost A Psychopath: Do I or Does Someone I Know) Have a Problem with Manipulation and Lack of Empathy?," Ronald Schouten, James Silver (not shareable)
  • "Let's sell these people a Piece of Blue Sky," Jon Atack (shareable)

This is not an exhaustive list of titles available on Kindle but rather ones that I personally own. Contact me to borrow the shareable ones.

[Note: I notice that lending is not enabled for the Kindle edition of Lawrence Wright's "Going Clear." In light of the apparent reverse lending, it would be helpful for authors to ask their publisher to consider this feature for Kindle editions of books. That puts a banana up the syndicate's tailpipe :)].

Chip

I'd like to see a campaign to get A Piece of Blue Sky distributed to members of Congress. I think it is the ultimate dead agent book.

http://www.instinct.org/texts/bluesky/contents.htm

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron

The book that cannot be removed from LIBRARIES

We hear from time to time about the "Good old days" in Scientology and how it was "so much better" with especial reference to the 1960s and 1970s.
As a matter of fact, Heavy ethics and SP declares were liberally doled out at St Hill in the 1960s where staff could not go home at night and has to sleep under their desks. People had to wear dirty grey rags around their arms.
People who could not swim were thrown overboard in 1968 for making an auditing error.
The Guardian's Office was in full blown increasing criminality and rampaged with horrendous criminality against Paulette Cooper Noble​ for simply writing a book.
Perhaps certain people had a LESS vile time but that was simply because who they were hanging out.
You can experience (RARELY) a relatively benign RPF. And then you can experience an RPF Gulag from hell.
It's punishment, humiliating, degradation and revenge.
Affinity Reality Communication ? Don't be silly.
Robert Kaufman was an early author who wrote a book on the inner horror stories, he was a writer at the time of Paulette Cooper's research to write her book and they became friends.
Robert Kaufman died in the 1990s, at the age of 63.
The book the Guardian office tried so hard to destroy with "Destroy him utterly" slogan is alive and well and is on the Internet for free for all to read. RIP Robert Kaufman. Fly high.

Its on the Internet forever.
http://www.xenu.net/archive/books/isd/isd.htm

Robert Kaufman died of cancer on 29 July 1996. During the final years of his life, Robert Kaufman revised the manuscript of his book, Inside Scientology (published in 1972), but could not sell it to a publisher. (The extent of revision may be roughly guaged by comparing the Tables of Contents.) In late 1995, with his health failing, he gave a copy of the WordPerfect files to Keith Spurgeon <[email protected]> for distribution on the Internet. In August 1996, Keith emailed the files (which are in somewhat haphazard form) to Dean Benjamin <[email protected]>, who edited the manuscript and formatted it for the World Wide Web in November 1997. Robert Kaufman was eulogized on alt.religion.scientology by his friends

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband

The book that cannot be removed from LIBRARIES

We hear from time to time about the "Good old days" in Scientology and how it was "so much better" with especial reference to the 1960s and 1970s.
As a matter of fact, Heavy ethics and SP declares were liberally doled out at St Hill in the 1960s where staff could not go home at night and has to sleep under their desks. People had to wear dirty grey rags around their arms.
People who could not swim were thrown overboard in 1968 for making an auditing error.
The Guardian's Office was in full blown increasing criminality and rampaged with horrendous criminality against Paulette Cooper Noble​ for simply writing a book.
Perhaps certain people had a LESS vile time but that was simply because who they were hanging out.
You can experience (RARELY) a relatively benign RPF. And then you can experience an RPF Gulag from hell.
It's punishment, humiliating, degradation and revenge.
Affinity Reality Communication ? Don't be silly.
Robert Kaufman was an early author who wrote a book on the inner horror stories, he was a writer at the time of Paulette Cooper's research to write her book and they became friends.
Robert Kaufman died in the 1990s, at the age of 63.
The book the Guardian office tried so hard to destroy with "Destroy him utterly" slogan is alive and well and is on the Internet for free for all to read. RIP Robert Kaufman. Fly high.

Its on the Internet forever.
http://www.xenu.net/archive/books/isd/isd.htm

Robert Kaufman died of cancer on 29 July 1996. During the final years of his life, Robert Kaufman revised the manuscript of his book, Inside Scientology (published in 1972), but could not sell it to a publisher. (The extent of revision may be roughly guaged by comparing the Tables of Contents.) In late 1995, with his health failing, he gave a copy of the WordPerfect files to Keith Spurgeon <[email protected]> for distribution on the Internet. In August 1996, Keith emailed the files (which are in somewhat haphazard form) to Dean Benjamin <[email protected]>, who edited the manuscript and formatted it for the World Wide Web in November 1997. Robert Kaufman was eulogized on alt.religion.scientology by his friends

Yes, as I (a relatively benign RPF survivor) said yesterday, 'Inside Scientology' is a superb book. I've had a hardback copy since 1996. Comparing the book with what's on line I can see that it's been extensively rewritten, and since it's almost compulsive reading I'm half-way through it again as I write this. I probably won't go to sleep tonight until I've finished it.

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Do you know if there is a simple to download version available, coz that link doesn't get me to one.

Inside Scientology /Dianetics

How I Joined Dianetics/Scientology
and Became Superhuman

by Robert Kaufman
(1995 revision)

here

Free online text. A good read for your morning commute. :)

strativarius

Do you know if there is a simple to download version available, coz that link doesn't get me to one.

This page will get you to where you can read it, but unfortunately the links here (at the bottom of the page) to a downloadable .zip file are all broken. I can't find any other versions, so you'll just have to read it online or download each .html page separately. (Good luck with that.) :biggrin:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire

I just made a copy for you. It's the html version in a zip file. It won't stay here for long as I don't intend to host it permanently.

EDIT: Link removed. If you missed it, just download HTTrack (see post #30) and make your own copy.

Paul

Last edited:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
This page will get you to where you can read it, but unfortunately the links here (at the bottom of the page) to a downloadable .zip file are all broken. I can't find any other versions, so you'll just have to read it online or download each .html page separately. (Good luck with that.) :biggrin:

You're gonna love this, Stratty.

There's a free programme called "HTTRack" (or WinHTTrack for the Windows version) that enables you to very quickly copy a general website (or a subdirectory) in its entirety (it won't work for ESMB!). The base URL for the book is http://www.xenu.net/archive/books/isd/isd.htm. Choose a "base path" (where on your computer you want to save it, like C:ESMB/goodies or something) and then paste in "http://www.xenu.net/archive/books/isd/isd.htm" as the URL to be copied. Leave all the confusing default options as-is, press start or whatever it is, wait a minute, and Bob's your uncle!

Paul

strativarius

You're gonna love this, Stratty.

There's a free programme called "HTTRack" (or WinHTTrack for the Windows version) that enables you to very quickly copy a general website (or a subdirectory) in its entirety (it won't work for ESMB!). The base URL for the book is http://www.xenu.net/archive/books/isd/isd.htm. Choose a "base path" (where on your computer you want to save it, like C:ESMB/goodies or something) and then paste in "http://www.xenu.net/archive/books/isd/isd.htm" as the URL to be copied. Leave all the confusing default options as-is, press start or whatever it is, wait a minute, and Bob's your uncle!

Paul

While you were writing this I was posting to ask you how you did it. Thanks, and yes, you're right, I DO love it.