What's new

Will this be the greatest show ever?

Out/Int

Patron with Honors
Love the blog.

Will anyone ask Marty how much he got paid by Co$ for cancelling the show....uh, I mean lawsuit...woops - I mean Monique cancelling the lawsuit?

Was the attack on ex Scientologists

(except those who wait with baited breath to hear Marty's last rant and feed that yuge EGO - High Ranking officials who blew Scientology have one thing in common - altitude and big egos
a bonus from COB

or was that part of his & hers initial settlement to cancel the settlement

and take down his website very slowly and covertly over time

until it turns into a rave of LRH

and a a hate sight for ex Scientologists

so predictable how Scientology works

thanks to the Internet

surprised he has any followers

Last edited:

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Emma has turned out StandUp-comic! (can it be an OSA op ???? lol )
Unfortunately, nothing good can be expected from that
Do we really need another guru\cult war ?????..
Who will take out the Stand-up comic cult and rise to the dear J&D Guru ?????

Emma against Hoaxy :duh:
That will be unprecedented bloody :nervous:

:confused2:

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Emma had turned out StandUp-comic! (can it be an OSA op ???? lol )
Unfortunately, Inothing goo can be expected from that
Do we really need another guru\cult war soon...
Who will take out the Stand-up comic cult and raise to the dear J&D Guru ?????

Emma against Hoaxy :duh:
That will be unprecedented bloody :nervous:

:confused2:

I surrender, the stuff Emma is throwing down on NatterBlog is wayyyy too freakin' hilarious!

I was wondering what would be an appropriate song to herald Emma's new blog - the natterlicious Natterblog (c)

Michelle by the Beatles .... hum! But she's an aussie or something like that - I can't see her saying "Ces't la blog ex-membre de la secte de la Scientologie"

I like her smokin' a Kool in her old avatar and for some reason, she reminds me of this Emma.... from 5:25 onwards... Oh yeah.

[video=youtube;bLBSoC_2IY8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLBSoC_2IY8[/video]

But really lets get down to what's she's doing...

[video=youtube;QE5D2hJhacU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QE5D2hJhacU[/video]

Good on you mate!

Mimsey

Ackerland

Patron with Honors
I'm sorry Emma. Neither is this very funny nor a subtle attempt at humour.
Other than producing ammunition to Mr. Rathbun's claims he's being "fair gamed" by the Anti Scientology Community these postings on your "natterblog" accomplish exactly nothing and are proof that you dedicate more thought to this guy than is healthy.

Mr. Rathbun's recent postings have made clear there has been an agreement with Co$. It's been nice discussing his change of heart, but with this assessment in mind, let's move on and treat his blog in the manner that any other cult outlet should be treated: utter disregard.

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
I'm sorry Emma. Neither is this very funny nor a subtle attempt at humour.
Other than producing ammunition to Mr. Rathbun's claims he's being "fair gamed" by the Anti Scientology Community these postings on your "natterblog" accomplish exactly nothing and are proof that you dedicate more thought to this guy than is healthy.

Mr. Rathbun's recent postings have made clear there has been an agreement with Co$. It's been nice discussing his change of heart, but with this assessment in mind, let's move on and treat his blog in the manner that any other cult outlet should be treated: utter disregard.

I'm sorry you don't like my blog. Fortunately you have the option of not reading it.

I'm past caring what Rathbun has to say. If he wants to call satire "Fair Game" then let him.

Some people treat Scientology with utter disregard. Others respond with satire & humour. I choose the latter. Luckily we all still have a choice.

Thanks for your concern over my health. Four blog posts "prove" nothing except I had a bit to get off my chest after biting my tongue for 9 years. I assure you that this too shall pass.

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
surprised he has any followers

In reality, I don't know if he himself actually has followers.

Seems more like an "enemy of my enemy" thing to me.

It's a place where people who have some kind of ax to grind about exes or exes message boards or whatever can throw shit and be somewhat shielded from having shit thrown back at them because 1) all the regular posters are in agreement that all us exes suck and 2) Marty moderates it.

Victoria

Patron Meritorious
I was wondering if Marty would remain quiet or not.
I noticed on Leah's last episode, Marty was alluded to, but not named.
Did that bother him, like, a LOT?

Perhaps his blog post today is not even about the people and stories in Leah's show?
Sounds like it to me.
Respond to this post by replying above this line
[h=2]New post on Moving On Up a Little Higher[/h]
cc2df9ec7ac9aab99ccf9454f714ecf1
Apropos of current events, I offer for contemplation a passage from the book The Sociopath Next Door, by Martha Stout. Ironically, after I introduced this book on my blog in 2010, some of its most fervent subsequent promoters turned out to be described to a tee within it. The answer to that paradox is in the book, even within the following passage.
---
From chapter 6 – how to recognize the remorseless
After listening for almost twenty-five years to the stories my patients tell me about sociopaths who have invaded and injured their lives, when I am asked, “How can I tell whom not to trust?” the answer I give usually surprises people. The natural expectation is that I will describe some sinister-sounding detail of behavior or snippet of body language or threatening use of language that is the subtle give-away. Instead, I take people aback by assuring them that the tip-off is none of these things, for none of these things are reliably present. Rather, the best clue is, of all things, the pity play. The most reliable sign, the most universal behavior of unscrupulous people is not directed, as one might imagine, at our fearfulness. It is, perversely, an appeal to our sympathy.
I first learned this when I was still a graduate student in psychology and had the opportunity to interview a court-referred patient the system had already identified as a “psychopath.” He was not violent, preferring instead to swindle people out of their money with elaborate investment scams. Intrigued by this individual and what could possibly motivate him – I was young enough to think he was a rare sort of person – I asked, “What is important to you in your life? What do you want more than anything else?” I thought he might say “getting money”, or “staying out of jail”, which were the activities to which he devoted most of his time. Instead, without a moment’s hesitation, he replied, “Oh, that’s easy. What I like better than anything else is when people feel sorry for me. The thing I really want more than anything else out of life is people’s pity.”
I was astonished, and more than a little put off. I think I would have liked him better if he had said “staying out of jail”, or even “getting money.” Also, I was mystified. Why would this man – why would anyone – wish to be pitied, let alone wish to be pitied above all other ambitions? I could not imagine. But now, after twenty-five years of listening to victims, I realize there is an excellent reason for the sociopathic fondness for pity. As obvious as the nose on one’s face, and just as difficult to see without the help of a mirror, the explanation is that good people will let pathetic individuals get by with murder, so to speak, and therefore any sociopath wishing to continue with his game, whatever it happens to be, should play repeatedly for none other than pity.
More than admiration – more even than fear – pity from good people is carte blanche. When we pity, we are, at least for the moment, defenseless, and like so many of the other essentially positive human characteristics that bind us together in groups – social and professional roles, sexual bonds, regard for the compassionate and the creative, respect for our leaders – our emotional vulnerability when we pity is used against us by those who have no conscience. Most of us would agree that giving special dispensation to someone who is incapable of feeling guilt is a bad idea, but often, when an individual presents himself as pathetic, we do so nonetheless…
…When deciding whom to trust, bear in mind that the combination of consistently bad or egregiously inadequate behavior with frequent plays for your pity is as close to a warning mark on a conscienceless person’s forehead as you will ever be given. A person whose behavior includes both of these features is not necessarily a mass murder, or even violent at all, but is still probably not someone you should closely befriend, take on as your business partner, ask to take care of your children, or marry.
---

Mark C. Rathbun | December 9, 2016 at 5:02 pm | Categories: Uncategorized | URL: http://wp.me/pzfS7-38o
Unsubscribe to no longer receive posts from Moving On Up a Little Higher.
Change your email settings at Manage Subscriptions.

Trouble clicking? Copy and paste this URL into your browser:
https://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2016/12/09/the-pity-play/
b.gif

Veda

Sponsor
I was wondering if Marty would remain quiet or not.
I noticed on Leah's last episode, Marty was alluded to, but not named.
Did that bother him, like, a LOT?

Perhaps his blog post today is not even about the people and stories in Leah's show?
Sounds like it to me.

-snip-

It appears that Marty is now denouncing, as sociopaths, the people who had been delighted with the book, The Sociopath Next Door, when he promoted it on his blog years ago.

Victoria

Patron Meritorious
Who has been of accused of "dramatizing being a victim" when they've complained about being abused by the cherch?
{raises hand}

I suppose it's our flunk if we don't know the extra secret affairs that happen on Marty's private lines concerning a book he posted about in the distant past.

The only thing that comes to mind, is people on Leah's show telling their story.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
If I didn't read his first sentence:

Mark Rathbun
Apropos of current events

I though his post would have been just perfect to explain why Ron Hubbard became the sociopath (whatever label) he became and why so much people , in his entourage, had so much sympathy to explain and justify his flaws...

More than admiration – more even than fear – pity from good people is carte blanche. When we pity, we are, at least for the moment, defenseless, and like so many of the other essentially positive human characteristics that bind us together in groups – social and professional roles, sexual bonds, regard for the compassionate and the creative, respect for our leaders – our emotional vulnerability when we pity is used against us by those who have no conscience. Most of us would agree that giving special dispensation to someone who is incapable of feeling guilt is a bad idea, but often, when an individual presents himself as pathetic, we do so nonetheless…

Veda

Sponsor
Can you spot the sociopath?

aid661719-728px-Spot-a-Sociopath-Step-9.jpg

They're all over the place.

aid661719-728px-Spot-a-Sociopath-Step-3.jpg

Many more than ever estimated.

670px-Determine-if-Someone-Is-a-Sociopath-Step-6-Version-2.jpg

Last known picture of L. Ron Hubbard. He was spotting sociopaths by the thousands towards the end.
LRonHubbard-The-Crazy-Years-copy.png