What's new

Anti Scientology cultist?

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Is it time to fire a mission to conduct a name survey?

We can call it Mission Anti-Scientology Community Exact Rename And Define - MASCERAD

Goal: To establish a name for the Anti-Scientology Community that properly defines what they stand for and negates the negative connotations of “Cult”.

Word clear the definitions of “Anti-“, “Movement”, “Community”, “Cult” and related key words and their synonyms.

Study HCOPLs and LRH advices on Positioning and Marketing.

Survey anybody who remotely cares about the subject of Scientology.

Submit a CSW to COB ASC via ASC Mission Ops for name approval.

_____

So here’s the thing - there is some kind of universal law (read: axiom) that anything initiated by Scientology will ultimately backfire on Scientology. Anyone who wants to portray Scientology in a positive light should desperately avoid any usage that calls attention to the word “cult” - period.

Anonycat

Crusader
Re: The Anti-Scientology Cult vs. Truth

I agree. I don't see myself as "anti" either. I would rather describe myself as someone who watches Scn and helps spotlight its abuses and its failures to create clears and OTs. Those whose purpose is to "destroy" Scientology actually may be working to make it stronger. Hear me out.

I think back to the times I spent selling Dn books at swap meets thinking I was helping people. If anyone had come up to me blasting away about Scn being an evil cult, I would have just thought "wow, there really are SPs trying to stop betterment activities!" Because I was there with the purpose to help people.

Scn cloaks itself, at the lower public levels, with good people trying to help. To not acknowledge at least that much, is a mistake. As Veda said, there are subtleties, nuances.

Focus instead on the core evil and the lies, which are seen more at the upper levels and in the SO and management levels. Focus on the disconnection, the bankruptcies, the abuses, the failure to see ANY product such as a clear or OT. But acknowledge that there are some good people at the lower levels just trying to help.

To not see the whole picture and acknowledge all its parts, is a mistake.

"Anti" is in the eye of the beholder. Like Veda said, Hubbard and Miscavige would tell him he's Anti. A couple of months ago, I was walking up to work, and a poor scilon was standing on the street handing out Free Personality Test leaflets. His hand went out toward me with one, and as I was walking, I held up my palm at it and said "It's a cult" as I walked. Did I make him change his mind? Hell no, he's indoctrinated. But he knows a little more about public opinion.

Another time, I was picketing at a Chanology raid, and we had a lot of different signs, and you could choose a different sign whenever you wanted to. At the time I was holding a sign that read: "It's a Cult", a beautiful and instantly identifiable warm and wonderful young Latina woman walked across the street and directly to me. Her first words were: I didn't know that! We talked for about an hour, me with my mask on and her with many new questions, and me offering lots of information. She had been duped on the street by the cult, and bought a book and pre-paid for a class that she was told would make her more assertive.

After our long talk (she was now an hour late to start her first class), I told her the best thing might be to research all that we've talked about, and now ask for your money back until you'd looked further into this and decided what this really was. She agreed, and asked me to go inside the Org with her. I told her that they would not allow me. I reassured her that she CAN do this, and I'll be here waiting for you outside. They worked her over pretty good, and took their time. When she finally came out, she told me that they refused to give her the money back, but could "repay" her with another book. This adroable person came to be known as Refund Girl by the other protesters, and they told me that this was the single most epic event we'd ever had while picketing. I felt good, Refund Girl was empowered and felt good, and she got a free lesson on how to be assertive IRL.

Summary: Leaflet Scilon probably saw me as Anti. Refund Girl probably saw me as the coolest person in a mask ever. What we did was a public service. It's the duty of humanity to expose and stop the cult.

Related story: One member of this forum was working (staff) at that same Org, and when we were picketing outside, with our dance music playing on the boombox, one anon said to them as they stepped outside "We just want to help you!". That was a big turning point for that staff person, and they left the cult ultimately and now is a member of this forum.

Last edited:

Ackerland

Patron with Honors

Not for me. I've already explained my views on this. I guess you're not reading the posts.

Well, I am. You said:

It's a short jump to being depicted as the KKK and the Nazis.

That's pretty much worrying about how Co$ might portray you in front of others. Ultimately, I'd reckon, this is a PR issue to you.

For example, when confronted by a person, who is in the process of being lured into Scientology, and has just pleasantly used his newly acquired "Comm Course" skills to establish communication with, and happily extrovert, a withdrawn little old lady neighbor, and is very pleased with himself about his good deed, and equally as impressed with his success applying the "tech," don't go
[...]
to the person, because that probably won't help free him from the sucking power of Scientology.

True. The term anti-Scientology has a higher likelihood of turning away fence-sitters. So, you haven't said anything about my suggestions. What about Scientology Watchdog Movement (SWM)?

Anonycat

Crusader

You say that as if "anti" is a bad word. It's not.

How can anyone have been a member of this forum for 8 years and have less than 200 posts? Anyway ...

Anti isn't a bad word per se, but that's the cult's word for a very broad range of people. Whistle-blowers, those who were in and wised-up, critics, journalists, former top-ranking culties and now exes, and on and on. The word 'Anti' undoes our diversity. So, rejected. Is that okay with you?

Anonycat

Crusader

You're right *cough*cough* OSA *cough* that's *cough* OSAOSAOSA *cough* strange

Now that you mention it, you could be a sock account. Thank you for bringing that up. You have zero credibility. Start there.

Victoria

Patron Meritorious

Just splitting hairs, it's not an acronym because it is not pronounced as a word.

You're right of course. Then let me rephrase that: The fact that Mr. Rathbun came up with this abbreviation does not mean we cannot internalise it and give new meaning to it (Anti Scientology Community), and wear it proudly. Because in a sense, that is what we are.

Its pronounced ASK.

We are the horrible askers of questions. That is SO not allowed. It must be stopped.

an0n

Patron

Anyone automatically regarding Scientology Inc. as an authentic religious organization has succumbed to that branding to some extent.

The person succumbs further when he begins casually using Hubbard's term, "Anti-Scientologist," to describe himself.

Mindlessly using "Anti-Scientology Community," as long encouraged by apologists and fake critics, the latest being (the most recent, unfortunate, version of) Marty, is the next step.

The abbreviation of that is A.S.C., and a few have even begun happily accepting being branded with that.

That's all the cooperation that's needed. Then, Scientology Inc. (and friends) will complete the process by changing "Anti-Scientology Community" to "Anti-Scientology Cult." Same initials.

Now, I think it's an extremely minor matter as it now stands, and I feel kind of stupid spending this much time discussing it, but watching even a few people passively accepting being branded this way gives me the same feeling I get when I watch those folks at political conventions, and ball games, who wear those giant foam hats.

uZLQic9h.jpg

Mild Dismay.

Oh well. :)

I agree wholeheartedly. Describing Scientology as a religion is the primary propaganda agenda for the organization. That has succeeded, both legally and in the public media discourse. I tend to agree with Tony Ortega that describing Scientology as a cult is problematic, because clearly defining what a cult is and does isn't clear. Organization is the term I find most useful, and the words criminal, abusive, intrusive, can all be neatly applied prior to.

Yes, centering the term Scientology around the other terms used to describe the subject is another major objective. Anti-Scientology attempts to do exactly that, which is why it's worth examining and refuting.

Under Hubbards mandatory tunneled mindset, the fellas over at OSA score this entire thread as a win because their terms are being repeated continually. What they fail to take into account is the critical thinking and refuting of their terms as a loss. I score that as a win for all us Pro Truth Individuals. A Scientologist duplicates by compliance. An individual originates by thinking for themselves.

Lurkness

Organization is the term I find most useful, and the words criminal, abusive, intrusive, can all be neatly applied prior to.

Well said.

Decided to stop lurking and finally pipe up here.

Veda

Sponsor

Well, I am. You said:

I said it's not a PR issue with me. That doesn't mean I wish to be molded like so much Play Doh

8efe747f7ea6f7b3b5f20dc0037c0f8b.jpg

by Miscavige and his pals.

That's pretty much worrying about how Co$ might portray you in front of others. Ultimately, I'd reckon, this is a PR issue to you.

There you go with worrying again.

958f6c6684244062555554af83a0d07a.jpg

This is a people issue. The people of concern are primarily those vulnerable to Scientology, people in Scientology and, secondarily, their non Scientology loved ones who are either trying to coax them away from becoming involved with Scientology, or extricate them from inside Scientology.

True. The term anti-Scientology has a higher likelihood of turning away fence-sitters. So, you haven't said anything about my suggestions. What about Scientology Watchdog Movement (SWM)?

We've come this far with no (handy three word, three initial) official titles. Apparently, there's no need for such a thing.

:hattip:

Veda

Sponsor

I agree wholeheartedly. Describing Scientology as a religion is the primary propaganda agenda for the organization. That has succeeded, both legally and in the public media discourse. I tend to agree with Tony Ortega that describing Scientology as a cult is problematic, because clearly defining what a cult is and does isn't clear. Organization is the term I find most useful, and the words criminal, abusive, intrusive, can all be neatly applied prior to.

Yes, centering the term Scientology around the other terms used to describe the subject is another major objective. Anti-Scientology attempts to do exactly that, which is why it's worth examining and refuting.

Under Hubbards mandatory tunneled mindset, the fellas over at OSA score this entire thread as a win because their terms are being repeated continually. What they fail to take into account is the critical thinking and refuting of their terms as a loss. I score that as a win for all us Pro Truth Individuals. A Scientologist duplicates by compliance. An individual originates by thinking for themselves.

:goodposting: