What's new

RFW gone

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
This is so interesting, Emma!! hanks for looking it up and writing on what you found

Many of us at ARS saw the whois info back in the days of ARS, and posted about Joel Phillips as running it. It was quite a funny situation, as he was not Sea Org. However, Domain privacy or WHOIS protection was put in place sometime later to protect Joel's name from appearing there...

I suspect that when the site wasn't renewed in June, that the privacy protection fee wasn't paid either... so the protection was immediately removed thereby revealing the fake name he or OSA used instead as the registrant in place of Joe's name.

Begs the question: What ever happened to Joel Phillips? :biggrin:

Gee, Network Solutions states its willing to negotiate with the current owner ( Domains.com) to help anyone interested in buying the site, for $10 fee
https://www.networksolutions.com/whois/results-res.jsp?domain=religiousfreedomwatch.org

However, Domains.com the owner says it's taken, for $14.95 .

https://secure.domain.com/register/...rivacy_all=2&domainPrivacyName=Domain Privacy

Hopefully a critic bought it. I expect we'll see it back up soon

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
I don't think this has anything to do with protecting Mark "Marty" Rathbun given the fact the following Freedom Magazine articles about Marty are still up:

QYlgLz0.png

And that is just the first page of results.

I've been doing that search periodically to see if anything has changed, and will continue to do so. So far nothing has.

I suspect the Church of Scientology took RFW down because they finally realized that it made them look like assholes. I also suspect they took all of their on-line dead agenting in-house at Freedom Magazine for better control by the SO and to have a "better" editorial product.

AnonyMary

I don't think anyone else referred to Marty in this thread but you, CommunicatorI/C :biggrin:

The RFW site has a whole history unto itself back in the days of ARS because there was lots of conflict in the critic circles, particularly between some of the critics listed on the site. I think this is why Emma mentioned hoping it didn't wind up in the grudge match section. Lots of grudge matches occurred on ARS

Correct me if I am wrong, Emma :biggrin:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I suspect that when the site wasn't renewed in June, that the privacy protection fee wasn't paid either... so the protection was immediately removed thereby revealing the fake name he or OSA used instead as the registrant in place of Joe's name.

The domain registration didn't lapse at all, not for a day, per the WHOIS info. The registration runs from 23 June, year to year. On 21 June 2016 there was an update, per WHOIS, without any details given. It's easy to transfer the registration to someone else.

Those Registrant details are easy to spoof. My first website related to Scn had the genuine name, address and phone number for the contact person from some small town hotel in Kazakstan for a while. :)

Paul

Anonycat

Crusader
Good work, Emma, and thanks for looking into this. It will be interesting to see what happens next. Something is afoot.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Interesting, it appears that RFW has shattered itself.

That wouldn't be the first time OTs have experienced this puzzling postulate problem.

Didn't want to derail this thread, but anyone interested in knowing a bit more about "Religious Freedom Watch's" pathetic front man (Joel Phillips) can watch him apply his SP-shattering technology--with indescribably stupid results--over on the Stupid Thread.

Caroline

Patron Meritorious
As of 1:07 PDL, at least some of the RFW site is still up.

http://www.religionfreedomwatch.org/about/ said:
RFW-2016-10-08.2.png

About Us

Throughout history, men and women of religion have stood against tyranny and fought for the natural right of all individuals to practice their own faiths and beliefs, free from harassment, suppression and persecution.

This website is supported by men and women of this kind; parents, teachers, business leaders, health practitioners, artists, working people from every walk of life. As parishioners of Scientology and other religions, we expose the intolerance, racial discrimination, bigotry, threats and violence perpetrated by those individuals in society who would use any means to destroy religious freedom.

For it has been shown that when mankind takes freedom for granted, or turns a blind eye to even the slightest infringement upon the rights of his fellows, the religious beliefs of any man may then be called into question, and his rights perish.

Evil wears many guises and, while freedom of speech remains intrinsic to our very ability to express our beliefs, it is also a tool used by those who would rob us of our voices.

Let the distinction be clear: Any right used by one man to harm another is no right at all, but instead a tool of oppression wielded by those who, left unopposed, would destroy all rights and freedoms until only those remain that favor the tyrant.

Religious Freedom Watch exposes people who are known to attack religious groups. Religious Freedom Watch believes in helping persons of all religions and does not discriminate or advocate violence against persons of any religion.

http://www.religionfreedomwatch.org/anti-religious-extremists/gerald-armstrong/ said:
RFW-2016-10-08.1.png

Gerald Armstrong

Gerald Armstrong is a former clerk in a Scientology church.In former days, Armstrong hatched a plot to seize the Church’s assets in collaboration with the Los Angeles IRS Criminal Investigation Division.

When the Church discovered this, its attorneys obtained permission from a Los Angeles police officer to conduct an investigation into Armstrong’s plans. The investigation caught Armstrong on videotape stating that he intended to forge and then plant incriminating documents on Church premises, to be discovered in a subsequent raid.

When challenged on how he would obtain proof of the allegations he intended to make, he responded that:

“We don’t have to prove a goddam thing. We don’t have to prove shit. We just have to allege it.”

As part of the same scheme, Armstrong planned to subvert a senior Scientology executive using sexual enticement in a scheme he titled “Operation Long Prong.” This is documented both in his own handwriting and on video.

Since fleeing California, Armstrong, a native Canadian, has lived in British Columbia, Canada, and appears to have no gainful employment. Yet he has somehow managed to travel all over the world in pursuit of his hate agenda.

In 2000, Armstrong traveled to Europe to attend an anti-religious conference in Leipzig, Germany.

In 2001, Armstrong traveled extensively in Europe, joining in a hate march in France with extremist Roger Gonnet and visiting anti-religious groups in Russia and Denmark. At a meeting of hate groups in Russia, Armstrong met with deprogramming proponent Alexander Dvorkin.

In addition to his unlawful activities, Armstrong’s mental stability is questionable. Armstrong once posted a message on the Internet concerning a letter he sent to Saddam Hussein during the Gulf War. In the letter, he offered himself to Hussein as a hostage in the Iraqi war. “If either side failed to perform any part of the agreement, the other side could execute me,” he concluded. Armstrong makes clear in his posting that he did not think the letter to Hussein was a joke, but was deadly serious. He quite proudly republishes it and other similar writings from time to time. To further demonstrate how out of touch he is with reality, Armstrong had himself photographed by a newspaper naked while holding a globe to promote his theories of destroying all money.

http://www.religionfreedomwatch.org/anti-religious-extremists/gerald-armstrong/what-his-friends-think-of-him/ said:
RFW-2016-10-08.png

What his ‘friends’ think of him

The following is what Gerry Armstrong’s ‘friends’ think of him:

Rob Clark: “Gerry Armstrong flat-out walked off [from the Church of Scientology] with a bunch of stuff when he left….what Armstrong did would otherwise have been theft….I’m disgusted with warrior [Mark Plummer]. I was not particularly pleased when he signed off on that c—sucker Armstrong smearing me with his dumbass… page. …Armstrong is totally kooking out”

Rob Clark: “…you want to see the new nuttiest Gerry Armstrong hate page ever? The animated kicking is supposed to signify Armstrong jerking as the electroshock hits. Any time anyone else suggests that maybe this is kooky, they get a new wing added to the Armstrong hate gallery just for them. I didn’t realize Armstrong was more than mildly kooky until recently.

Paul Rubin: “I used to hang out with Armstrong a fair amount. He had a zealot and maybe paranoid streak but wasn’t whacko like this.”

Rob Clark: “Where anyone who disagrees with Armstrong’s continuing lunatic rampage gets added. If they really disagree with his lunacy, they get their own whole section as an “op” with wacky animated gifs.”

[imgright]http://www.religiousfreedomwatch.org/images/extremists/gerald-armstrong-lrg-2.jpg[/imgright]

Rob Clark: “Gerry Armstrong accused her [Katherine Harris] of being Aldrich Ames.”

Stephen Sheehan: “He said this, in seriousness.”

[Name Deleted]: “He [Gerry Armstrong] is a complete idiot.”

Rob Clark: “He’s a vicious psycho is what he is.”

[Name Deleted]: “He doesn’t actually believe that, does he?

Rob Clark: “If he does believe it, he’s insane and if he doesn’t, he is deliberately libeling someone just because they disagree with his loony bullshit.”

Stephen Sheehan: “Stupid Gerry Armstrong.”

Scott Pilutik: “Martin Ottmann got his own wing in the Gerry kook-o-fame.”

Deana Holmes: “God Gerry’s a nutball.”

Scott Pilutik: “It’s ok, it’s for legal reasons the expected insanity defense.”

[Name Deleted]: “Gerry nuts = prominent critic, ergo, all critics are nuts. This is kinda serious, albeit a tad farfetched.”

Ed Hammerstrom: “Hiya ef [Elizabeth Fisher]“

[Name Deleted]: “Are you too a fan of Gerry’s osa pages?”

Ed Hammerstrom: “Not really.”

[Name Deleted]: “It gets worse and worse he now added Martin Ottmann.”

Scott Pilutik: “Martin gets his own dedicated page. It’s not quite as telling as Arnie’s subdirectories. He makes a new one each time it seems, each less descriptive and more useless as the last. He [Gerry Armstrong] never used to be this kooky. He always had a sort of Jebus complex but it never quite germinated into the messiahdom it is now.”

[Name Deleted]: “No. he always had the messiahdom but now, it seems, it is being encouraged. I mean, someone makes those pages for him I presume, Caroline [Letkeman].”

Scott Pilutik: “No idea how the dynamics of that relationship work, but I think it’s safe to say she’s [Caroline Letkeman] encouraging some seriously kooky behavior or pushing for it.”

[Name Deleted]: “Yes, that is what I see too….She [Letkeman] really is so foolish as to believe all his [Armstrong] delusions?”

Kady O’Malley: “She’s [Letkeman] obsessed with occult links.”

[Name Deleted]: “…she [Letkeman] appeared in Chilliwack, where he [Armstrong] was residing.”

Kady O’Malley: “The one interesting tidbit I note about Caroline is that until late 2001 possibly 2002 she had a listed online webpage. After she had become a visible critic under her own name.”

[Name Deleted]: “His [Armstrong] insanity is getting worse and she [Letkeman] must be encouraging it.”

Kady O’Malley: “…the thing is, you read Gerry from 1997, 1998 it’s like a different person.”

Ed Hammerstrom: “He [Armstrong] definitely is going crazy, seems to me. I think he has had alcohol problems in the past.”

Kady O’Malley: “Ed, if you were his girlfriend, wouldn’t you be doing something other that (sic) encourage him in this? I mean, I find it bizarre that she’d not only not be trying to wind him down but actively instigating.”

Elizabeth Disher: “He’s [Armstrong] always been totally paranoid.”

Ed Hammerstrom: “I have to conclude they are both in a crazy self-destructive path.”

Rob Clark: “Loonboy [Armstrong] has declared Martin Ottmann an osa op??

What a f—ing NUTCASE that is just unf—ingbelievable….I think she [Lekteman] is just yet another wigout who was only marginally sane because of the relative discipline of the cult and now, released of this, is totally batshit along with her totally batshit Gerry. Sorry, anyone who thinks Martin Ottmann is an osa op has fried their f—ing brain and needs to be under observation in a locked ward.”

Kady O’Malley: “We’re all agreed on Gerry being insane. Don’t tell warrior [Mark Plummer].”

[Name Deleted]: “Gerry really really wanted someone to web stuff for him but at the time, it was his hokey no money “philosophy” pages.”

Kady O’Malley: “…they’re [Armstrong and Letkeman] both just going mutually crazy, symbiotic psychosis.”

Rob Clark: “…marginally nutty critics would sure explain a couple things, like Arnie. Heather drove Bunker insane, their relationship was completely platonic.”

[Name Deleted]: “He [Armstrong] is getting worse.”

Rob Clark: “I don’t think he [Armstrong] went crazy that fast I think it is just only recently that he has been called on his bullshit by a lot of people.”

Kady O’Malley: “Well, the first time I noticed it was in 2001ish that’s relatively quick he probably would have kooked out insanely in 1998 if he had been called on the carpet on some thing. You might be right.”

Rob Clark: “He [Armstrong] was crazy a couple years ago re CL….In fact, the MOMENT CL started questioning his versions of event, he just went nuts….When you’re accusing Martin Ottmann of being OSA you’re completely in cloud cuckoo land. Martin Ottmann could very easily sue him for libel and win in Germany these are very nearly summary proceedings. Martin could file a libel action claiming these accusations are libelous and false and Gerry would either have to prove them or get fined. You know when he [Gerry Armstrong] went crazy with me? When I posted the transcript section detailing his money laundering. Seems he viciously attacks anyone who has anything that might tend to discredit his bullshit image as some saint instead of the shiftless, sponging kook he actually is.”

Ed Hammerstrom: “Gerry has a heavy alcohol problem….He was building an artwork of his empty booze bottles in a field in BC.”

Rob Clark: “Although this freakish paranoia is like speed or coke paranoia that or he smokes way too much dope….It’s also possible Gerry has never had a huge website before in which his lunacy could sprawl out without limit and that Caroline is merely an amanuensis to Gerry’s insanity.”

[Name Deleted]: “Is Gandow supporting him [Armstrong]?”

Kady O’Malley: “Morally or financially?”

[Name Deleted]: “Financially.”

Kady O’Malley: “Gandow has been mighty silent of late.”

[Name Deleted]: “Well if Gandow is getting money…or anybody, it may be an issue because he gets government money I believe he or his church.”

[Name Deleted]: “Gandow may just be realizing that Gerry is nuts, is all he’s a bit naive, Gandow.

[Name Deleted]: “Gandow is pretty vile himself.”

Robert Clark: “He’s despicable, god, talk about an insane asylum: Truth Seeker, Magoo, Warrior, Zinj, Fredric Rice.”

Ed Hammerstrom: “…off and quiet.”

Rob Clark: “yah, if you don’t, you end up like Gerry is lately. He has now just declared Martin Ottmann an OSA op for no sane reason. He’s totally gone off the deep end.”

Stephen Sheehan: “He’s [Armstrong] saying everyone and their grandparents are OSA.”

Rob Clark: “I ended up having warrior [Mark Plummer] repost old…shit on me because I pointed out that Gerry got fooled by a blatantly forged email. Anyway, this is the sort of stuff that can’t appear sane to a casual onlooker which is why, IMO, ars [hate newsgroup] is bad for mental health. I am more and more seeing it [ars] as a data dump than as a place where there are actual human beings who can be communicated with in a sane manner.”

uncover

Gold Meritorious Patron
I can also open the main page and from there access the pages for Gary Scarff, Tory Christman, Mike Rinder and even Marty Rathbun.... so....

BTW, I never visited this page before and I even didn't know that it exists.... what a shame...

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
There are two separate domains being discussed here: www.religiousfreedomwatch.org and www.religionfreedomwatch.org.

I see the second one was first registered on 2016-09-21, less than three weeks ago, with a hidden registrant. Is this a mirror site? It seems to be very slow.

Paul

AnonyMary

The domain registration didn't lapse at all, not for a day, per the WHOIS info. The registration runs from 23 June, year to year. On 21 June 2016 there was an update, per WHOIS, without any details given. It's easy to transfer the registration to someone else.

Those Registrant details are easy to spoof. My first website related to Scn had the genuine name, address and phone number for the contact person from some small town hotel in Kazakstan for a while. :)

Paul

I hear you but the registration was changed several times over the past couple of years and the name listed there has been on since 2015 according to one of 2 of Ron Sharp's Umbraxenu.no wiki site lists.

It was changed in 3 times in 2016, and referred to Domains.com back in Jan 2016 and again in June 2016, probably to pay for the 2016/2017 year. See below, which I am plopping down for reference. Hope it makes sense.

I figure that whoever registered it under the Brian Alcon name appears to have already paid for the year in June, and still owns it but did in 2016 take it off the server and have url deferred to Domains.com. Some of the info below indicates this. Why? For whatever reason. Then, just the other day, after Emma's blog post, the renewal year starts showing up in some WhoIs places on the internet appears, possibly the reason behind why with the registrant had them put it back up..., then showing the 6/2017 year expiration date that the owner has already paid for previously to keep ownership of the url. Now we are starting to see some of the site pages... I suspect not all those pages of the past will be available.

http://pagediscover.com/www/religiousfreedomwatch.org.html
Site Overview
Host religiousfreedomwatch.org
Ip Address 109.201.130.1
Country Netherlands
Domain Age 15
Created Date: 23-06-2001
Updated Date: 05-01-2016
Expired Date: 23-06-2017
Server Apache
Web Technology PHP/5.5.31
Alexa Rank 5573390
Page Rank Google Pagerank of religiousfreedomwatch.org

Domain Name: RELIGIOUSFREEDOMWATCH.ORG
Domain ID: D73057747-LROR
WHOIS Server:
Referral URL: www.domain.com
Updated Date: 2016-01-05T21:36:18Z
Creation Date: 2001-06-23T00:12:15Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2017-06-23T00:12:15Z
Sponsoring Registrar: Domain.com, LLC
Sponsoring Registrar IANA ID: 886
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited https://www.icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
Domain Status: clientUpdateProhibited https://www.icann.org/epp#clientUpdateProhibited
Domain Status: serverTransferProhibited https://www.icann.org/epp#serverTransferProhibited
Registrant ID: tuTdJeazuA37mbev
Registrant Name: Brian Alcon
Registrant Organization:
Registrant Street: 156 Stark Hollow Road
Registrant City: Durango
Registrant State/Province: CO
Registrant Postal Code: 81302
Registrant Country: US
Registrant Phone: +1.3032879092
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax: +1.3032879092
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: [email protected]
Admin ID: tuTdJeazuA37mbev
Admin Name: Brian Alcon
Admin Organization:
Admin Street: 156 Stark Hollow Road
Admin City: Durango
Admin State/Province: CO
Admin Postal Code: 81302
Admin Country: US
Admin Phone: +1.3032879092
Admin Phone Ext:
Admin Fax: +1.3032879092
Admin Fax Ext:
Admin Email: [email protected]
Tech ID: tuTdJeazuA37mbev
Tech Name: Brian Alcon
Tech Organization:
Tech Street: 156 Stark Hollow Road
Tech City: Durango
Tech State/Province: CO
Tech Postal Code: 81302
Tech Country: US
Tech Phone: +1.3032879092
Tech Phone Ext:
Tech Fax: +1.3032879092
Tech Fax Ext:
Tech Email: [email protected]
Name Server: EU3.DOWNTOWNHOST.COM
Name Server: EU4.DOWNTOWNHOST.COM
DNSSEC: unsigned
>>> Last update of WHOIS database: 2016-01-30T04:47:08Z <<<

http://pagediscover.com/www/religiousfreedomwatch.org.html

http://samesites.net/www/religiousfreedomwatch.org

Stalker sites

religiousfreedomwatch.org

IP Chng Created Expires Registrant

2016/09/06 2001/06/23 2017/06/23
Brian Alcon 156 Stark Hollow Road Durango CO 81302 US +1.3032879092 +1.3032879092 [email protected] SPC Bigot pages relaypoint. Moved under Prolexic umbrella with other CoS-owned sites. Dead Agent
http://umbraxenu.no-ip.biz/mediawiki/index.php/Stalker_sites

Update:
In reference to Paul's comment and the other site:

Scientology front group sites

http://umbraxenu.no-ip.biz/mediawiki/index.php/Scientology_front_group_sites

smtp.religiousfreedomwatch.org

IP Chng Created Expires Registrant

2015/08/14 2001/06/23 2017/06/23

Brian Alcon 156 Stark Hollow Road Durango CO 81302 US +1.3032879092 +1.3032879092 [email protected]
http://umbraxenu.no-ip.biz/mediawiki/index.php/Stalker_sites

religiousfreedomwatch.com 52.206.43.234 2016/09/06 2015/09/10 2016/09/10 Domain Admin This Domain is For Sale HugeDomains.com 2635 Walnut Street Denver CO 80205 US +1.3038930552 +1. [email protected]

http://umbraxenu.no-ip.biz/mediawiki/index.php/Scientology_front_group_sites

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I hear you but the registration was changed several times over the past couple of years and the name listed there has been on since 2015 according to one of 2 of Ron Sharp's Umbraxenu.no wiki site lists.

Fair enough. I wasn't tracking it at all, only having a passing interest in it.

Paul

George Layton

Silver Meritorious Patron
2016, 09:08 PM #11 Caroline

user-offline.png

Patron Meritorious
3goldstar.png

Join DateJan 2010LocationChilliwack, BC CanadaPosts821

[h=2]
icon1.png
Re: RFW gone[/h]
As of 1:07 PDL, at least some of the RFW site is still up.
snip...

I like how they start out their introduction by placing themselves at odds against the bigoted universe.

Throughout history, when creating a new religion, men and women have had to fight against those that would point out that their religion was created to make money. We are the abused and the accused but we stand tall.

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
I don't think this has anything to do with protecting Mark "Marty" Rathbun given the fact the following Freedom Magazine articles about Marty are still up:

QYlgLz0.png

And that is just the first page of results.

I've been doing that search periodically to see if anything has changed, and will continue to do so. So far nothing has.

I suspect the Church of Scientology took RFW down because they finally realized that it made them look like assholes. I also suspect they took all of their on-line dead agenting in-house at Freedom Magazine for better control by the SO and to have a "better" editorial product.

Keep on watching - it will happen very slowly over time

Marty probably structured a blood money gag order buy out...so the cash o la comes in - in chunks....kind of like a "case" blowing

The more damage he does to the Ex Community - the more CASH Slappy gives him

So predictable - how Scientology works now - thanks to the internet.

i'mglib

Patron with Honors
Keep on watching - it will happen very slowly over time

Marty probably structured a blood money gag order buy out...so the cash o la comes in - in chunks....kind of like a "case" blowing

The more damage he does to the Ex Community - the more CASH Slappy gives him

So predictable - how Scientology works now - thanks to the internet.

If you go to freedommag.org, there is no reference to Marty or the Posse of Lunatics issue on the front page. You can only find it by going to the Alex Gibney link.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Are they so shamed they hide to the public what they publish???

Pages are still there

*warning..condom may be safer

www.freedommag.org/special-reports/sources/posse-of-lunatics.html

Altough they try to fool people with a ''professional look'' of an online whistle-blower mag..tit reamins a false magazine only intented to intimidate and destroy life of real Whistle-blowers...
They can try to make ot look like a gem..it's still a disgusting totalitarian piece of shit and garbage