What's new

Out for years - it's taken this long to post here

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
Welcome, Wilbur.
The fear will gradually recede, but you are right to be cautious as a new poster.
You might want to occasionally mis-direct OSA with false "facts" here and there - assuming you haven't already been doing that.:yes:
But you're over the largest hurdle - so congratulations!:happydance:

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Welcome, Wilbur.
The fear will gradually recede, but you are right to be cautious as a new poster.
You might want to occasionally mis-direct OSA with false "facts" here and there - assuming you haven't already been doing that.:yes:
But you're over the largest hurdle - so congratulations!:happydance:

Are you suggesting that Ex-Scientologists still lie?

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
I'm suggesting that there's nothing wrong with mis-directing OSA for the purpose of preserving anonymity.:eyeroll:

uncover

Gold Meritorious Patron
Who cares about OSA ? I assume, that they don't even have enough staff to follow ESMB......

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
Scooter,

Yes, we probably did. I guess I was at ITO for about 3 months. I'll tell my story about ITO a bit later. Maybe you'll recognise something. Looking at your name, I'm wondering whether you had/have a beard? I didn't pay too much attention to people's names while I was at ITO, but when I look at your name I remember a time when one of the course sups was giving some kind of speech in the course room, and someone needed an exam. A bearded guy gave them an exam in the courseroom while the speech was going on, and indicated the F/N by moving his finger back and forth like an F/N, so as not to disturb what the sup was saying. He used to wear those leather ties that some Americans wear, that look like something a cowboy would wear - I forget what they are called. Does that sound like it might have been you by any chance, or am I way off?

I remember this tall black guy called Al was one of the course sups, and a skinny pale-faced woman whose name eludes me.

W.

Nope, not me. I don't think I had a beard then - was clean-shaven.

I got there 6 weeks or so before the release to train up as KTL Cram Off and did KTL and the Review Auditor/Cram Off stuff (Review Auditor hadn't finished his training yet, neither had the C/S for our org) and ended up becoming the main Cram. Off. at ITO for the evolution in the last week or so.

It was the most insane time I have ever had in training for the cult - 20 minute lunch, 20 minute dinner and you had to walk up 4 (?) flights of stairs to get to the dining room. Plus EVERYONE was supposed to be finished in time for the release yet there were peeps there who just couldn't study even if you held a gun to their heads (which realistically we all had - finish or spend heaps time in Ethics, you low-toned scum.)

I remember the Examiner you were talking about and I did get dragged into doing exams at times. I remember Reggie Caldwell bailing up two guys from the Midwest in the parking lot just as they were about to leave LA and drive home for the release because she'd run out of trainee "staff" to run the courserooms/review lines etc.. She made them stay and they were pissed. Glad that I had a plane to catch so I had a bit more protection - also I went back as the KTL I/C for Sydney which meant I HAD to leave. Wild and crazy time, yet we mostly just shut up and did what we were told. I think I tell this story of my ITO stuff somewhere in the "Scooterstory" thread here.

Were you there for the Tom Cruise walk-through? What a crock of cocky cack that was.:roflmao:

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
WelcomeHome100.jpg

So glad you are sharing your story! I can relate to the fears you have experienced. I don't think I am alone on that. Every step forward and out of the mindset, is a step toward more free will.

cult_survivor_t_shirt-r4fe3870e020545bab1091afe6b6bca71_jg4de_324.jpg

Keep writing and sharing. I look forward to reading more!

~Mary McConnell

Wilbur

Patron Meritorious
Nope, not me. I don't think I had a beard then - was clean-shaven.

I got there 6 weeks or so before the release to train up as KTL Cram Off and did KTL and the Review Auditor/Cram Off stuff (Review Auditor hadn't finished his training yet, neither had the C/S for our org) and ended up becoming the main Cram. Off. at ITO for the evolution in the last week or so.

It was the most insane time I have ever had in training for the cult - 20 minute lunch, 20 minute dinner and you had to walk up 4 (?) flights of stairs to get to the dining room. Plus EVERYONE was supposed to be finished in time for the release yet there were peeps there who just couldn't study even if you held a gun to their heads (which realistically we all had - finish or spend heaps time in Ethics, you low-toned scum.)

Were you there for the Tom Cruise walk-through? What a crock of cocky cack that was.:roflmao:

Yes, I clearly remember the 20 minute meals, and yes, it was 4 flights of stairs, and then a queue. In fact, I had altered the 20 minutes in my mind to 30 minutes, because I thought I must have been mistaken (how the hell could you get up 4 flights of stairs and queue and eat, and still be back in 20 minutes?). But you are right, it WAS 20 minutes. And if your org hadn't paid for your meals, you had to steal the food (a position that I was in for a while). And then a 3 mile walk back to the PAC base each evening (I don't think I was allowed on the bus, perhaps the orgs had to pay for that also). There were no soles left on my shoes by the time I returned home, and I had hard skin about half an inch thick on one of my soles, where the hole in the shoe would dig into my foot. I had to have it removed by a chiropodist at one point. I also had a filling drop out of one of my teeth while I was there, and just had to leave it like that.

I didn't witness the Tom Cruise walkthrough. However, I do remember a CMO Int walkthrough. I found it ridiculous.

Wilbur

Patron Meritorious
Scooter,

Did you remember an Australian guy with blond hair at ITO, who was, I think, there for CLO ANZO, and ended up being ripped off to become the International Justice Chief? Never saw him again after he became IJC.

And another Aussie called Charlie (don't recall his surname), dark hair and darkish complexion. I think he was a Cl V org trainee from somewhere in Oz. They were both in the same course room as me at one point.

W.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Thanks Trouble. Yeah, I was a bit hesitant about giving details of the OT levels in posts, simply because there are probably those who are still 'in' reading this board, and they might not appreciate reading the stuff by accident. But I guess they can always stop reading a post if they don't want to see the details. Posting on this board has really brought back memories and stirred stuff up. I found myself missing the church last night, hahaha, so I think posting about it is a bit like therapy - my mind seems to be sorting through stuff that it hadn't dealt with for years.

W.

Not many around here take any of that oatee stuff seriously (well, you can't take it seriously can you?) but we do laugh about it quite a bit.

I wouldn't worry about stuff stirring up, I suggest that you expect it to ... don't overthink it though, it is what it is and you're in the right place now if you ever want to chat about it.

:coolwink:

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
Scooter,

Did you remember an Australian guy with blond hair at ITO, who was, I think, there for CLO ANZO, and ended up being ripped off to become the International Justice Chief? Never saw him again after he became IJC.

And another Aussie called Charlie (don't recall his surname), dark hair and darkish complexion. I think he was a Cl V org trainee from somewhere in Oz. They were both in the same course room as me at one point.

W.

Sorry mate but I don't recall either of those - I was basically just trying to get through the nightmare as quickly as possible and somehow keep the guys from my org going as well. I organised our own mess so that we always had food ready when we got to the dining room and we even scored a birthday cake from the kitchen for one of our trainees (Scott H.) which we somehow wolfed down as well as lunch/dinner in less than 20 minutes.

Unless they were sent over after I left? I "fired" a few days before the big launch of KTL.