What's new

Federal Senate Inquiry into the CofS, called for, in Australian Parliament tonight

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I just happened to click onto www.drudgereport.com which has had 23 million visitors in the past 24 hours and there is a newslink which says "Church of Scientology accused of Torture and Forced Abortion" and links to this story: www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/article6921140.ece

Well, since it has been headline news in the western world for a day, on the Internet, newspapers, TV, radio (I heard it on Classic FM, their three minute hourly news round-up) I would say that along with casual word-of-mouth the idea of "Scientology - criminal organization - torture - Australia" may have reached, what, 100 million people?

Paul

Supra

Patron
named

Firstly can I say well done to Carmel and Scooter and the others who have obviously been instrumental in bringing this to the stage it is at now. Surely a substantial step towards redemption. With regards to Gregory Williams the question surely has to be asked a) why isn't he declared now? and b) does he honestly think the only injustice perpetrated by the organisation was that done to the Underwoods? Surely to god he must not. Finnaly c) With everything that Xenophon listed in his brilliant speech why hasn't Gregory called the AO and told them he is handing in his membership card? you should stop "refusing to be a part of it" and start actively opposing it. Also I think if we're all going to be honest with each other we would have to assume in your psych busting days you were a party to just as horrific and immoral crimes as OSA? Also as an aside the term "humanitarian" unless injected with humor is normally a term best used by others to descrive oneself.

With that said well done again guys - make sure you keep fighting the bastards at every turn.

YAY - - someone mentioned my name :))))

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
I would say that along with casual word-of-mouth the idea of "Scientology - criminal organization - torture - Australia" may have reached, what, 100 million people?

Yes, that's a good start! :thumbsup:

I wonder if it was covered at all in the media in China.........that could add an additional 100 million or so.

Ladybird

Silver Meritorious Patron
Link for the live broadcast

Parliament of Australia: Live Broadcasting

http://webcast.aph.gov.au/livebroadcasting/annualview.aspx?eventtype=Senate&eventdate=10/11/2009

http://parlinfo.aph.gov.au/parlInfo...y_Phrase:"senate");querytype=;rec=2;resCount=

Originally Posted by Senate Notice Paper No. 100 - 23/11/2009 - Business of the Senate
Notices of Motion
2 Senator Xenophon: To move—That the following matters be referred to the Community Affairs References Committee for inquiry and report by 18 March 2010:

(a) the appropriateness of exemptions from the requirements of taxation law for the Church of Scientology and associated entities in the context of their activities;

(b) occupational health and safety practices of the Church of Scientology and associated entities in relation to its employees, volunteers and followers;

(c) the adequacy of consumer protection laws in relation to the fundraising practices of the Church of Scientology and associated entities, and its charging for services; and

(d) any related matters.

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: Federal Senate Inquiry into the CofS, called for, in Australian Parliament tonigh

Bump for anniversary:happydance:

Lots changed since then, eh? :woohoo:

How's it all going for you, OSAspawn? :hysterical:

Celebrating with another night sleeping under your desks?:dieslaughing:

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
Re: Federal Senate Inquiry into the CofS, called for, in Australian Parliament tonigh

Bump for anniversary:happydance:

Lots changed since then, eh? :woohoo:

How's it all going for you, OSAspawn? :hysterical:

Celebrating with another night sleeping under your desks?:dieslaughing:

Happy Anniversary Federal State Inquiry!

RogerB

Crusader

Christ! Five years . . . .

Well, it has been fun watching the Kult's stats and reputation crashing like a lead balloon since those days! :yes:

It has been fun watching them getting themselves positioned more and more into the land of the loonies!

RogerB

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron

:bump:

6 years since Nic. gave THAT speech to the Oz Senate.:yes:

Things have been going downhill for Davey's Navy all that time.:biggrin:

Currently the cult here are dwindling into extinction at a pleasing rate and any day now we'll have the findings about Yarramalong and the NarCONon Wee Demented Maggot wants to inflict on the valley.:omg:

Org.s are empty, front groups are exposed and ordinary citizens are well-educated on this nefarious cult.:clap:

Tony O drew bigger crowds than the sciloon events get when he toured here recently promoting TUML. And I can't remember when there was anything even approaching sympathetic press or politicians concerning the cult.:roflmao:

"Inches of Entheta Press" is in long-term Affluence !!! :woohoo:

Thank You, Ron !!!:nazi::nazi::nazi::nazi::nazi:

Oh Hai, OSA ANZO !!!:wave:

:hysterical:

Anonycat

Crusader

6 years since Nic. gave THAT speech to the Oz Senate.:yes:

Things have been going downhill for Davey's Navy all that time.:biggrin:

Currently the cult here are dwindling into extinction at a pleasing rate and any day now we'll have the findings about Yarramalong and the NarCONon Wee Demented Maggot wants to inflict on the valley.:omg:

Org.s are empty, front groups are exposed and ordinary citizens are well-educated on this nefarious cult.:clap:

Tony O drew bigger crowds than the sciloon events get when he toured here recently promoting TUML. And I can't remember when there was anything even approaching sympathetic press or politicians concerning the cult.:roflmao:

"Inches of Entheta Press" is in long-term Affluence !!! :woohoo:

Thank You, Ron !!!:nazi::nazi::nazi::nazi::nazi:

Oh Hai, OSA ANZO !!!:wave:

:hysterical:

I loved reading that, Scoots. Remember in '08 and '09 when we thought it would be a long, hard mile to get our goals done? Now it's unstoppable, unavoidable, and downright fookin' global. It's a dream come true. Yeah, and fuck you, OSA!

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron

What's that rumble!? - It's like stampeding bisons in the morning fog, unseen yet.. Making the ground shake! (Recall the scene in 'Dances With Wolves)

Better issue an avalance warning! - If there's time!!!

:omg:

Avalanche?:cheerleader::hifive::hattip::dancer::dancer::dancer::buzzin::buzzin::thankyou::thankyou::dance3::dance3::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::sing::sing::wave::wave::woohoo::woohoo::party::party::party::party::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Just after the Co$ is still reeling from from the wreckage of "hurricane leah"....

Now this?

We do know what Scientology and David MissCabbage did to pull this in...but for the staff and members...

They get restimulated by this news and it engages the Hubbard "IMPLANT" and Scientological group think -

"this is more evidence we are expanding"

as their buildings sit vacant and staff quit in droves to get Wog jobs so they can eat!

RogerB

Crusader

Wowza!!!

I see [FONT=&amp]Nick Xenophon is the head of his own political party . . .

I see in the WSJ this morning the in process vote count of the Ozzie parliamentary election just concluded . . .
[/FONT]
Nick Xenophon, leader of the Nick Xenophon Team political party, speaks to reporters in the Adelaide Hills town of Stirling on July 3, 2016.
Snipped . . .

[FONT=&amp]Centrist Senator Nick Xenophon is skeptical of free trade at a time when Australia is trying to cut deals with India and Europe to reduce its [/FONT]reliance on China to drive growth[FONT=&amp] as the long resources boom ends. Mr. Xenophon’s fledgling NXT party may win as many as four Senate seats.

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“My job is to keep government [accountable] in a robust and constructive way,” Mr. Xenophon said Monday.

Snipped . . .[/FONT]

Free to shine

Shiny & Free

Wowza!!!

I see [FONT=&amp]Nick Xenophon is the head of his own political party . . .

I see in the WSJ this morning the in process vote count of the Ozzie parliamentary election just concluded . . .
[/FONT]

AFAIK it's not concluded yet, counting was re-started today on the postal votes and there's a very large probability of a hung parliament.

Nick Xenophon started his own party and may yet win more seats and have a bigger voice. Excellent.

tetloj

Silver Meritorious Patron

Nick Xenophon has people running in both upper and lower house.

One seat has been won in the lower house for sure (Mayo) a traditional safe seat for the conservative party - a huge win.

They are currently holding a second seat by a slim margin (<1%) - if they keep that second seat they will be integral to helping one side or the other achieve the balance of power.

Heady days for Nick

Last edited:

RogerB

Crusader

Nick Xenophon has people running in both upper and lower house.

One seat has been won in the lower house for sure (Mayo) a traditional safe seat for the conservative party - a huge win.

They are currently holding a second seat by a slim margin (<1%) - if they keep that second seat they will be integral to helping one side or the other achieve the balance of power.

Heady days for Nick

A bigger WOWZA!

The WSJ did not mention the lower house as it was an article mainly about Nick with huge love-able photo . . . umm, Nick you've put on a little weight, my boy!

Let's hope the preferential votes hold up for the lads . . .

For non-Ozzies . . . google our quaint preferential votes system :biggrin:

R

Jump

Operating teatime

A bigger WOWZA!

The WSJ did not mention the lower house as it was an article mainly about Nick with huge love-able photo . . . umm, Nick you've put on a little weight, my boy!

Let's hope the preferential votes hold up for the lads . . .

For non-Ozzies . . . google our quaint preferential votes system :biggrin:

R

Nick will have at least one more NXT (Nick Xenophon Team) senator. One rep is a certainty, another is looking good. Go Senator Xenophon!

From: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-07-03/election-2016-grey-lineball-xenophon-tells-insiders/7565284
On the prospect NXT might hold the balance of power in the Lower House, the senator said: I think it's too early to say but if there is going to be a hung parliament, obviously I will sit down in good faith from the perspective of the political centre to talk to both sides of politics."

The SA senator took a phone call from Malcolm Turnbull during his busy Sunday but said it was just a brief discussion.

"It was a 'G'day, how are you going after the election? Did you get enough sleep?' kind of conversation," he said.

Senator Xenophon said his party had achieved a great deal with far less spending than the major parties.

"In Grey, from a standing start of just 10 weeks away to get 29 per cent, and in [the regional seat of] Barker a similar figure, high 20s, with effectively a four-to-five week campaign, I think it puts the major parties on notice," he said.

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron

It's been 7 years since Nic's speech, and the brand that is $cientology is well and truly smashed in this country now.:happydance:

A big thanx to all those who helped, and a special mention to Steve Cannane who put the "fair" into "Fair Game" and now so many more know just what this toxic cult is like.:woohoo:

Bryan Seymour of course, as well as Nic himself, have continued the fight here.:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

And the cult itself?

:tumbleweed:

:roflmao:

FUCK YOU, OSA ANZO !!!

Congrats on another year of EPIC FAIL !!!:hysterical: