What's new

OT IX 'Orders of Magnitude' and OT X 'Character' to be released

Leland

Crusader
I had thought that Gavin Potter was married to the daughter of Bill and Ruth Bowen?

But I believe he left her.

Anyone know why....and what happened to her?

I know Bill Bowen died...at least that is what I heard.

I think Ruth is still around.

What about Bill Bowen's sister....that was active in the Chicago Cult area....? Whats going on with her?

freethinker

Sponsor
Did St Hill size actually exist or was it just another story? Was St Hill ever this big booming org that dwarfed any other org or was it 6 weeks of upstats and right back down the shoot again?

If St Hill was such an ideal and huge org, then why didn't it stay that way?

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Re: Meet Burt McKevitt, your new Scientology OT VIII, IX and X D of T

Meet Burt McKevitt, your new Scientology OT VIII, IX and X D of T.

http://www.mikerindersblog.org/thursday-funnies-110/

Screenshot-318.png
This is a major development. I've previously cross-posted promo that a Scientology OT VIII, IX and X Case Supervisor (C/S) has been posted. This is the first time I've seen anything about a Scientology OT VIII, IX and X Director of Training (D of T) being posted. This also indicates that OT IX and X will be self-audited levels that will require further training.

Did St Hill size actually exist or was it just another story? Was St Hill ever this big booming org that dwarfed any other org or was it 6 weeks of upstats and right back down the shoot again?

The main attraction shipped out. I will bet you dimes to donuts a lot went there expecting to meet him, etc.Mimsey

This is a major development. I've previously cross-posted promo that a Scientology OT VIII, IX and X Case Supervisor (C/S) has been posted. This is the first time I've seen anything about a Scientology OT VIII, IX and X Director of Training (D of T) being posted. This also indicates that OT IX and X will be self-audited levels that will require further training.
The FSC at Los Angeles had these sort of briefings off and on. They were just a reg ploy, to squeeze more cash out of the public. After the event, I asked the Ship C/S who was giving the briefing, if he had received the materials from up lines. Chagrined, he said no.

Mimsey

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist

The main attraction shipped out. I will bet you dimes to donuts a lot went there expecting to meet him, etc.Mimsey

Mimsey: You didn't answer his 1st question.

CommunicatorIC

The FSC at Los Angeles had these sort of briefings off and on. They were just a reg ploy, to squeeze more cash out of the public. After the event, I asked the Ship C/S who was giving the briefing, if he had received the materials from up lines. Chagrined, he said no.

Mimsey
I know people are skeptical and I don't blame them, but my bet is that OT IX and X are released next year. I think opening new buildings is getting old, and they need to do something new. Plus, it will bring in more money and satisfy parked OT VIIIs. Just my opinion.

Mimsey: You didn't answer his question.
Did it exist? What? Did man step on the moon? Is this a goofy conspiracy theory? Of course it existed.

Was it that big? - AFAIK it was. But it is a how wet is wet question. Was old saint hill as big as old saint hill? Gosh. I dunno.

It was a booming org with and expanding student base, as was NYO, AOLA and ASHO in those days. There was no (gasp) internet in those days, so it flourished. At one point NYO was proudly announcing how their GI kept the ship afloat They had lots of student and pc's on lines, the missions were flourishing - it was the real golden age of Scientology. Hell, the foundation BC at ASHO had 200 on it. The Shrine was generally packed for New Years events.

Then it began to fall apart. Between the Anon o mouse that squeaked about having interweb - Denied! and their protests, and the internal suicide by Finance Police, IAS, GAT, crush reging, ideal orgs pushed Humpty Dumpty off the high wall, and he has been in free fall ever since, and the ground is looming closer as each day goes by.

Mimsey

Free to shine

Shiny & Free

Yes it did exist, I was there in 1968 just after the peak. The reason it was so busy is that students and families came from all over the world at that time, then other AOs were opened and they didn't come any more ... :) Also the UK banned people coming in for scientology for some time so the ones that sneaked in became fewer.

It was busy though, many US, AU and EU people milling around the Canteen is one of my first memories of the place, I was young and it all felt exciting and purposeful. Sigh.

I know people are skeptical and I don't blame them, but my bet is that OT IX and X are released next year. I think opening new buildings is getting old, and they need to do something new. Plus, it will bring in more money and satisfy parked OT VIIIs. Just my opinion.
Well, I am sure they could dream up something and pass it off as those levels.

If it were me, and I was the COB, and there was nothing I could find that Hubbard left up his sleeve upper OT wise before he took a one way flight to Target Two, I would work out a way to deliver old goals listing solo. It is the logical next step. R6 EW through OT 2 are all about implant GPMs so what is left? The PC's own self created GPMs. Hubbard did say that implant GPMs were a small part of the bank - only one RI on the PC's own GPM bank, and a course auditing them would have enough WooWoo to satisfy any tech junkie.

Mimsey

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
Yes it did exist, I was there in 1968 just after the peak. The reason it was so busy is that students and families came from all over the world at that time, then other AOs were opened and they didn't come any more ... :) Also the UK banned people coming in for scientology for some time so the ones that sneaked in became fewer.

It was busy though, many US, AU and EU people milling around the Canteen is one of my first memories of the place, I was young and it all felt exciting and purposeful. Sigh.

What is your estimate for the number of staff members for old St. Hill when your were there? Just curious.

What is your estimate for the number of staff members for old St. Hill when your were there? Just curious.
While I can't answer that question exactly, I think I recall they said back when they were trying to get all the orgs SH size, it had 185 or 200 staff. If you listen to the BC tapes Ron would, at the start of the tapes, after his "Well, today is June 30 AD13..." ( AD 13 = After Dianetics 13 years or 1963) he would announce a few new students. I think he gave lectures once or twice a week, so that was an indication of the expansion.

Mimsey

uncover

Gold Meritorious Patron

..... I would work out a way to deliver old goals listing solo. It is the logical next step. R6 EW through OT 2 are all about implant GPMs so what is left? The PC's own self created GPMs.....
You forgot the (LG)-BT's GPM's..... or are they reserved for OT XI and higher ?

Last edited:

CommunicatorIC

If it were me, and I was the COB, and there was nothing I could find that Hubbard left up his sleeve upper OT wise before he took a one way flight to Target Two, I would work out a way to deliver old goals listing solo. It is the logical next step. R6 EW through OT 2 are all about implant GPMs so what is left? The PC's own self created GPMs. Hubbard did say that implant GPMs were a small part of the bank - only one RI on the PC's own GPM bank, and a course auditing them would have enough WooWoo to satisfy any tech junkie.

Mimsey
The theory I've heard most often is that the COS will recycle the old, pre-NOTs, OT levels, or variations thereof, as OT IX, X, etc.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster

Is this the level where people will finally actually get the abilities that Clears are supposed to have, as laid out in the Dianatics book from 1950?

Show me just one motherfucking Clear, who demonstrably gained all those abilities through auditing.

If Scientology actually had the reliable ability to increase a person's ability, as measured by objective standards such as a lawyer being able to win just 10% more of his cases, or a stock broker being able to guess what stocks were going to do just 10% more of the time, Flag would have had people with suitcases full of cash lined up all the way to Tampa.

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband

Yes, Saint Hill was heaving at that time and I think the ban did more to stem the flow of students than other AO's opening did.

I remember that dreadful canteen too FTS, we probably rubbed shoulders in there on several occasions while you were away from your reception desk. :biggrin:

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
While I can't answer that question exactly, I think I recall they said back when they were trying to get all the orgs SH size, it had 185 or 200 staff. If you listen to the BC tapes Ron would, at the start of the tapes, after his "Well, today is June 30 AD13..." ( AD 13 = After Dianetics 13 years or 1963) he would announce a few new students. I think he gave lectures once or twice a week, so that was an indication of the expansion.

Mimsey

Yeah that'd be about right.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Yes, Saint Hill was heaving at that time and I think the ban did more to stem the flow of students than other AO's opening did.

I remember that dreadful canteen too FTS, we probably rubbed shoulders in there on several occasions while you were away from your reception desk. :biggrin:

Ha! Did you read my story or do you remember me? (PM if so).
Creaky tiny canteen trying to cope with so many, you were lucky to make it out with a coffee. I preferred sitting on the hill watching the people go by though I had to make it awfully fast sometimes to get a break from Reception and was often hungry. I even rolled down the hill in a huge fur coat when there was lots of snow, because being Aussie it was all amazing to me. Geez I was young.

To answer the question it was a unique time and place that only existed for a very short time. Hubbtard could never get it back, bluster and lie and threaten though he did.