What's new

Is Shelley Duvall GoFundMe by Scientologist Vivian Kubrick for Scientology treatment?

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Re: Is Shelley Duvall GoFundMe by Scientologist Vivian Kubrick for Scientology treatm

Some of the deleted comments on Vivian Kubrick's GoFundMe for Shelley Duvall

http://imgur.com/a/5ww5s

HT - ¯\_(?)_/¯ on WWP: https://whyweprotest.net/threads/is...or-scientology-treatment.132374/#post-2596899

EvDvDpY.png

7kAPYQC.png

hBbHzY2.png

LDjRoTK.png

dQnvb2a.png

cDz1uD9.png

CQ2j9Bf.png

A923bvC.png

CommunicatorIC

Re: Is Shelley Duvall GoFundMe by Scientologist Vivian Kubrick for Scientology treatm

Shelley Duvall is ill, but is Scientology’s Vivian Kubrick the best person to step in?

Tony Ortega: Shelley Duvall is ill, but is Scientology’s Vivian Kubrick the best person to step in?

http://tonyortega.org/2016/11/21/sh...ys-vivian-kubrick-the-best-person-to-step-in/

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

Mark Ebner: Vivian is blocking anyone who simply asks if the money could possibly go to legitimate mental health care.

The Bunker: We’ve noticed that she’s been erasing comments from the GoFundMe site that dare to ask her how she’s actually going to deliver the money.

(Ebner had pointed out that according to the GoFundMe page, Vivian was located in Clearwater, Florida, the site of Scientology’s spiritual mecca, the “Flag Land Base,” where wealthy Scientologists go to take high-level courses that can cost tens of thousands of dollars each.)

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

phenomanon

Canyon

Just in case this message disappears.....

This story is so sad...

Exploited, mentally destroyed and left on the edge by Stanley Kubrick (to make his movie so intense as he wanted....and make $$$$)
Gone totally insane
Now exploited By ''Dr'' Phill entertainment inc...who, while making hundreds of thousands $$$ with her on his SHOW
is ''kindly'' offer to help her...pay for her to be seens by a med doctor... how much ????
then, a $cientologist is putting a fund raising for her...to ''help her''..100K$$$ is expected....what for ????

Is $cientology planning making money with her mental illness ???? Introspection rd ???? send her in a remote location to be held captive and put on watch ???? (5,000$\week???)

People muts ask her for a commitment and a draft about how that money will be spent

how much for medical care???
How much for psychiatric care???
How much for berthing and where???
Who much for medication????
How much for her basic needs and comfort???
How much to pay her bills ????

She must commit hereself to reassure people no money will be given to the CO$, neither for processing, rundown, watch, to volunter minister for assists...
and she must be held accountable for this is really used for Shelly's care and treatment according to proven good practices to treat severe mental and physical condition...those exclude naturotherapist, chiropractor as primary care, as well as church minister as medical care!

And..she must post invoices and bills paid to cover her care, personnal expenses and what have been transferred into her personnal money account and who is legally in charge of her finances..

She must be warned that she will be held responsible for any worsening condition that may occur if she takes her into $cientology instead of prviding her with proper medical tratment.

That whole things smell $cientology plans to ''take care'' of her..very strong..it smells extremely bad...:unsure:

By now she certainly knows that she is been watched closely for what she will be doing with the lady and the money raised for her benefit!

in to COS.
" Senior Policy" in COS ( for real, Babygirl)
I wonder if Kubrick will be able to " up" her status if she brings Duvall in.
Totally. Kubrick is recruiting Duvall, who perhaps even has her own money,

Leland

Crusader

Off Topic:

I could not help but be reminded of Casey Kasum's daughter.....who became a Cult Member of Scientology and was trying to take over her famous father's estate. Trying to get his Millions....of hard earned money....the "cult way."

It seems to me that Vivian Kubrick...is of a similar elk.....a Cult Member of Scientology...who is trading on her Father's famous name and celebrity....to try and "make things happen".....or use her instant name recognition....and playing on some long ago "connections" to butt into some situation....and stir things up...

Raising awareness....the Cult way....they do things.

I suppose there might be others...that are in this boat....looking for their chance to garner Cult Status....with their famous names...

CommunicatorIC

Vivian Kubrick shuts down her fund for Shelley Duvall.

Tony Ortega: Vivian Kubrick shuts down her fund for Shelley Duvall (2nd item)

http://tonyortega.org/2016/11/22/le...ientology-for-interfering-with-her-ae-series/

Tony quotes Vivian Kubrick's message as follows:

MY APOLOGIES TO EVERYONE THAT DONATED but I just got off the phone with Shelley Duvall’s mother Bobbie, she explained that after her discussions with SAG-AFTRA and the fact Shelley is on government benefits, they can’t afford to accept any large donations. Understandably, they have to consider Shelly’s long term financial support. And a large amount of money, even if it was put in Trust, would effect Shelley’s Government benifits and the benifits that are available to her from SAG-AFTRA. I’m so sorry for the inconvenience, but if you made a donation, please contact GoFundMe to receive a refund of your generous and kind donation <3 REMEMBER! your loving emails and kind messages will still go to Shelley, which I'm sure, will make her very happy indeed! My LOVE to you good and kind folk! Vivian Kubrick <3 <3 <3

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron

Is Shelley Duvall GoFundMe by Scientologist Vivian Kubrick for Scientology treatment?

Why yes, CI - it is. Here is how it goes.

We fund raise EXPLOITING Shelly's poor, vulnerable state to raise funds.

We are a Church that loves to help people. Oh yes!

We raise $1,600,000 for Shelly's Scientology services.:whistling:

We route Shelly onto a routing form. She signs away all rights to this money to Scientology.

Then...she goes in a brief session - long enough to debit her "package of auditing"...then the auditor ends the session and tells her she must see the MAA.

The MAA says she is an Illegal PC and must leave the Fraud Scam Base at once. Shows her the reference. Routes her out and keeps the money.

Scientology pockets the $1,600,000. Shelly got FREE help for an hour - which sent her into a spin from the invalidation and nullification EVERYONE receives when they leave Scientology.

Shelly gets worse. Scientology gets RICHER.

SOP!

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!

in to COS.
" Senior Policy" in COS ( for real, Babygirl)
I wonder if Kubrick will be able to " up" her status if she brings Duvall in.
Totally. Kubrick is recruiting Duvall, who perhaps even has her own money,

Phenom,

When I was in, people in this mental and physical condition where just avoided.. (illegal pcs)
especially as SHE would be, soon or later, a threat to CO$ image (worsening of condition...)
You remember, it was mandatory to right away send in ''hide'' any OT with mental issues ( psych break or mental illness) - they would literraly vanished, either temporary or ad infinitum, but not be seen again till they are back to ''normal glee $cn condition'' and can ''originate'' plenty of cogs, wins ...

I don't see, (apart from getting a one time donation for a ''rundowns'' package) ,how they would benefit from recruiting someone in such a degraded condition..unless they want to make a Lisa MacPherson - version II under the public scrutinity...:confused2: Their only ''set of handling tools'' are to isolate her (locked in a room) in a remote location and make not possible any exterior contact and escape, while she gives her crimes and prove she cand deserve to be trusted...:duh: What a treatment!

The only change that can be expected, with Shelly in $cientology , would be the following:
(so well said by a never in...)

Shelley would go from thinking that aliens are living on her body to…well thinking that aliens are living on her body.

( are her legs eaten by bedbugs???? I heard that bedbugs can litterally drive people insane and cause a worsening of a pre-existing condition..:unsure:)

There is hundreds of Google pages of articles about her since she appeared on Phil's show..the whole planet is interested in her..before that show ????? nothing..apart from a public call to help from the neighborhood in 2009 (found in one article in a gossip magazine......:confused2:)

Poor Lady...:confused2:

CommunicatorIC

Scientology Looms as Kubrick Daughter Scraps Shelley Duvall Crowdfunding Campaign.

Hollywood Reporter: Scientology Looms as Kubrick Daughter Scraps Shelley Duvall Crowdfunding Campaign

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...s-shelley-duvall-crowdfunding-campaign-950012

Vivian Kubrick disconnected from her director father and the rest of her family decades ago, according to relatives; now observers are questioning why she attempted to raise $100,000 to help the mentally ill actress when her religion forbids all forms of psychiatric treatment.

[SNIP]

But Kubrick abruptly pulled the plug Nov. 22. Many Twitter users and GoFundMe commenters are now questioning if Vivian's deep ties to the Church of Scientology, an organization that vilifies all forms of psychiatry and mental-health treatment, had something to do with it.

Kubrick released a statement of explanation on Twitter. "I spoke today with Shelley's mother Bobbie," she wrote, who "explained that after her discussion with SAG-AFTRA and the fact that Shelley is on government benefits, they can't afford to accept any large donations at this time."

But THR contacted several Hollywood labor experts who said Duvall's SAG-AFTRA benefits like pension and health insurance are not means-tested and therefore would be unaffected by the GoFundMe campaign. There are, however, emergency assistance programs from the SAG-AFTRA Foundation and The Actors Fund that are only available to people in dire economic straits. (Duvall's current financial situation is unclear.)

Kubrick goes on to say that GoFundMe "is presently refunding all your donations." The fundraising page disappeared from the site at approximated 12:30 p.m. PT on Tuesday, but was still accessible through Google Cache.

[SNIP]

According to Hollywood Interrupted's Mark Ebner, Vivian was policing the GoFundMe page vigilantly since its Friday launch, "blocking anyone who simply asks if the money could possibly go to legitimate [psychiatric] health care" — practices which the organization has openly and aggressively derided as barbaric and corrupt since its founding in 1954. In Los Angeles, the church runs Psychiatry: An Industry of Death, a permanent museum devoted to the topic located on Sunset Boulevard in Hollywood.

Ebner also points out that the GoFundMe page was listed as emanating from Clearwater, Fla., headquarters of the Church of Scientology.

"That raised a red flag," Ebner tells THR. "I don't think Vivian even knew Shelley. It seems rather opportunistic to raise money for this very sick, if not psychotic woman, out of the spiritual mecca, Clearwater, for a woman she doesn't know. I knew there was no chance there would be any money earmarked for mental health. It's doctrine. The motives are disingenuous at best."

THR made several attempts to question Vivian about her Scientology connections following its initial interview with her. She has not responded to any of them, nor has the Church of Scientology nor GoFundMe responded to a request to comment for this story.

CommunicatorIC

Did Kubrick's Daughter Shut Down A GoFundMe For Shelly Duvall Because Of Scientology?

http://laist.com/2016/11/23/shelly_duvall_gofundme.php

‘Dr. Phil’ Shelley Duvall Interview: 2016 GoFundMe Crowdfunding Project Given The Heave-Ho By Kubrick Daughter, Scientology An Influence?

http://www.inquisitr.com/3740493/dr...dme-crowdfunding-project-kubrick-scientology/

HT - The Wrong Guy on WWP: https://whyweprotest.net/threads/is...or-scientology-treatment.132374/#post-2597119

Anonycat

Crusader

I never believed a word Vivian said, at any time, but I'm glad it's over and done with. And I have a hard time buying that she scraped it, but I would believe that GoFundMe closed her down.

I'm glad she talked to her mom, lol! Shelley is 67 years old. So mom is what ... in her 90s?

Good old scientologists. They went ahead and wrote themselves into Shelley's Wikipedia page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shelley_Duvall

Always thinking of the other guy, right? LOL! That PR didn't quite bloom for them.

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron

I never believed a word Vivian said, at any time, but I'm glad it's over and done with. And I have a hard time buying that she scraped it, but I would believe that GoFundMe closed her down.

I'm glad she talked to her mom, lol! Shelley is 67 years old. So mom is what ... in her 90s?

Good old scientologists. They went ahead and wrote themselves into Shelley's Wikipedia page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shelley_Duvall

Always thinking of the other guy, right? LOL! That PR didn't quite bloom for them.

I scanned her Wikipedia page yet didn't recognize the writing in of any scientologists. Has she been SP declared/ erased / disconnected due to her" out PR " footbullets?

Leland

Crusader

Scientology Looms as Kubrick Daughter Scraps Shelley Duvall Crowdfunding Campaign.

Hollywood Reporter: Scientology Looms as Kubrick Daughter Scraps Shelley Duvall Crowdfunding Campaign

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...s-shelley-duvall-crowdfunding-campaign-950012

Vivian Kubrick disconnected from her director father and the rest of her family decades ago, according to relatives; now observers are questioning why she attempted to raise $100,000 to help the mentally ill actress when her religion forbids all forms of psychiatric treatment.

[SNIP]

But Kubrick abruptly pulled the plug Nov. 22. Many Twitter users and GoFundMe commenters are now questioning if Vivian's deep ties to the Church of Scientology, an organization that vilifies all forms of psychiatry and mental-health treatment, had something to do with it.

Kubrick released a statement of explanation on Twitter. "I spoke today with Shelley's mother Bobbie," she wrote, who "explained that after her discussion with SAG-AFTRA and the fact that Shelley is on government benefits, they can't afford to accept any large donations at this time."

But THR contacted several Hollywood labor experts who said Duvall's SAG-AFTRA benefits like pension and health insurance are not means-tested and therefore would be unaffected by the GoFundMe campaign. There are, however, emergency assistance programs from the SAG-AFTRA Foundation and The Actors Fund that are only available to people in dire economic straits. (Duvall's current financial situation is unclear.)

Kubrick goes on to say that GoFundMe "is presently refunding all your donations." The fundraising page disappeared from the site at approximated 12:30 p.m. PT on Tuesday, but was still accessible through Google Cache.

[SNIP]

According to Hollywood Interrupted's Mark Ebner, Vivian was policing the GoFundMe page vigilantly since its Friday launch, "blocking anyone who simply asks if the money could possibly go to legitimate [psychiatric] health care" — practices which the organization has openly and aggressively derided as barbaric and corrupt since its founding in 1954. In Los Angeles, the church runs Psychiatry: An Industry of Death, a permanent museum devoted to the topic located on Sunset Boulevard in Hollywood.

Ebner also points out that the GoFundMe page was listed as emanating from Clearwater, Fla., headquarters of the Church of Scientology.

"That raised a red flag," Ebner tells THR. "I don't think Vivian even knew Shelley. It seems rather opportunistic to raise money for this very sick, if not psychotic woman, out of the spiritual mecca, Clearwater, for a woman she doesn't know. I knew there was no chance there would be any money earmarked for mental health. It's doctrine. The motives are disingenuous at best."

THR made several attempts to question Vivian about her Scientology connections following its initial interview with her. She has not responded to any of them, nor has the Church of Scientology nor GoFundMe responded to a request to comment for this story.

This is just AMAZING negative PR for the Cult.
Everyone in the industry reads the Hollywood Reporter.

This is a MAJOR blow to the Cult ....and it's standing in Hollywood and the entertainment industry!

This is just AMAZING negative PR for the Cult.
Everyone in the industry reads the Hollywood Reporter.

This is a MAJOR blow to the Cult ....and it's standing in Hollywood and the entertainment industry!
You should take a few minutes and read the full article - it is worth your while.

Mimsey

Leland

Crusader

You should take a few minutes and read the full article - it is worth your while.

Mimsey

OK, I did. I see what you mean.

The article bends over backwards to tip toe around any extreme anti cult "bias." ie. "mecca of scientology in Clearwater...."

But none the less...a good black eye for the cult....as it does mention disconnection.....and the weird convoluted actions of Vivian....who is a cult member.

OK, I did. I see what you mean.

The article bends over backwards to tip toe around any extreme anti cult "bias." ie. "mecca of scientology in Clearwater...."

But none the less...a good black eye for the cult....as it does mention disconnection.....and the weird convoluted actions of Vivian....who is a cult member.

The thing about this, to me, is it's declaration of her true, if hidden, purpose. Were she truly interested in Shelly's welfare, she should not have edited the comments, she should have been willing to give the money to Shelly with no strings attached. I doubt Vivian is very trained as a Scientologist - the proof being - her lack of understanding of the auditors code - I promise never to use the processes of Dianetics and Scientology when only medical means shall suffice or the one about not auditing the insane. Hubbard says NO NO NO - do not audit the insane or mentally ill.

My take on this was that she was raising money that could be donated to the church for Shelly to be audited with. Why else would she take down the GoFundMe? Were it for any other reason, and the money was going directly to Shelly, she would have left it up. To take it down is proof of the intended recipient of the money - Vivian or, more likely: Flag.

Sad, but knowing the church's money lust, totally understandable. Let's assume for argument's sake, Vivian ethically and in good conscience, thinking she was doing the right thing by Scientology standards, planned on giving the entire $100K to flag solely for Shelly to get her case handled. She would have received a $10K FSM award (10%) for doing the right thing. This whole thing smacks as one of those "bright ideas" that she and one of the reges cooked up. But would have Flag ever accepted her as a PC?

A friend of mine once worked for a psych hospital. Though he has given millions in donos to the IAS, AOLA & Flag will never let him on the OT levels. So they dole out life repair etc. when he wants auditing. So, that would be Shelly's bridge if she ever showed up to get the auditing that Vivian's Go Fund Me would have paid for - not that $100K buys much bridge in the first place.

So, Flag would have pocketed $90K after giving Vivian her FSM commission, with close to zero chance Shelly would ever set foot in Clearwater. Such a deal.

Mimsey

Last edited:

Anonycat

Crusader

https://pages.gofundme.com/protection/

tns-ppl-icon-126x73.png

How we protect the GoFundMe community​
GoFundMe is dedicated to empowering people to help people, and an overwhelming majority of campaigns on our platform are safe and legitimate. Fraudulent campaigns make up less than one tenth of one percent of all campaigns.

In the rare instances where people create campaigns with the intention to take advantage of others’ generosity, GoFundMe takes swift action to resolve the issue.

Our policy is simple and strictly enforced: It is not permitted to lie or intentionally deceive donors to a GoFundMe campaign for financial or personal gain.

The following are examples of expressly forbidden fraudulent activity:

• Breaking the law
  • Lying or being misleading about your identity as a Campaign Organizer or your relationship to the beneficiary of the funds
  • Posting misleading statements in the campaign description
  • Not delivering funds to the stated beneficiary
Sometimes, there are situations that may raise questions but are not considered fraudulent on our platform. These include:

• Rumors or speculation of fraud
  • Requesting that your name or image be removed from a campaign description
  • Disagreeing with the nature of the campaign or the character of the Campaign Organizer
  • Custody or familial disputes or disagreements
To report a campaign for fraud, please contact us.

GoFundMe cooperates with law enforcement and provides them with any information needed in an investigation. If you are a law enforcement officer looking to contact our team, you can reach us here.

Anonycat

Crusader

I can't see any reference to scientology at the link you provide Acat. Has it been removed?

Personal life

Duvall was married to artist Bernard Sampson between 1970 and 1974; the couple divorced as Duvall's acting career accelerated.[SUP][19][/SUP]
While she was shooting in New York for her part in Woody Allen's Annie Hall (1977), she met singer/songwriter Paul Simon. They lived together for two years. Their relationship ended when Duvall introduced Simon to her friend, actress Carrie Fisher; Fisher took up with Simon.[SUP][20][/SUP]
Shortly before the release of Terry Gilliam's Time Bandits, it was reported that Duvall and actor Stanley Wilson (who portrayed the town barber in Popeye) were set to marry. However, no further reports were released regarding this.[SUP][21][/SUP]
Duvall is an animal lover, caring for and incorporating many of her favorite pets into original children's stories and songs. In the 1980s and 1990s, she lived in Benedict Canyon in California with her pets.[SUP][22][/SUP][SUP][23][/SUP][SUP][24][/SUP]
Duvall has lived out of public view since her retirement in 2002. She is reported to be living in Blanco, Texas.[SUP][25][/SUP] In November 2016, USA Today reported that she appeared to be suffering from mental illness, and would appear on Dr. Phil on November 18, 2016, seeking help regarding various delusions.[SUP][26][/SUP] Duvall did appear on an episode of the show. Vivian Kubrick, whose father directed Duvall in The Shining, described the interview as "exploitive entertainment" and "appallingly cruel",[SUP][27][/SUP] later setting up a Gofundme page for her.[SUP][28]

This was added at the end, after my previous post:

After the episode aired the non profit Actor Fund also contacted her about providing assistance. [SUP][29]

And that is now the end of the paragraph of Personal Life.[/SUP][/SUP]