What's new

Where is Shelly Miscavige?

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
I have a different take on Shelly Miscavige

As a second generation scientologist raised in the SO as a kid...I consider she didn't have learned the correct social behavior, as a slave kid, an only abusive conduct toward others as an exec being at the top of power line. So I consider abusive behavior from her to be rooted in bad education and mean of surviving in the SO behavior more than cruelty and sociopath personnality. Those personnalities were seen with first generation SO $cientologists who knew they were doing wrong and abusing others, some of them craving for power and authority to make other's life a hell.

I think her life had been miserable as a kid, as an adult who got married to DM and then as COB secretary or Communicator whatever...

It has been reported that she often acted as a 'buffer zone'' to temper down DM in being ruthless with SO staff.
I find this quite courageous...

In the event she is still alive..she certainly is no more than a lost ghost living in hell...and atoning for being an sp....

To me it's sad...a sad outcome ...:confused2:

I would understand, though, anyone who would have encounter any abuse or wrongness form her not having compassion for her (I can imagine one would have to be a bit...to survive in DM environment)

It is sad however, Shelly WATCHED DM abuse people and did not escape and leave. Not sure what to say except when I witnessed the inhumane treatment - I did not want to be part of it and blew. I never contributed to abusing anyone in Scientology. I wonder about the character of those who did.

Deeply flawed.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
It is sad however, Shelly WATCHED DM abuse people and did not escape and leave. Not sure what to say except when I witnessed the inhumane treatment - I did not want to be part of it and blew. I never contributed to abusing anyone in Scientology. I wonder about the character of those who did.

Deeply flawed.

Hi Knows

It honors you!
I am glad though you blew and could make your way out of this hell! :hattip:
( I didn't knew you were an int base staff SO)

I have always been curious about how Shelly Miscavige behave (her pattern)

Do I understand correctly that you witnessed her
being abusive ???

If yes would you agree to give an example ?
How did you perceived her ???? What kind of being she was ???
(it has not been discussed here to my knowledge)

We know it was not possible for her to escape....
Escape what ???? what for ???? escape where ????
Eternity ???? freedom ???? survival ???? Espeeness ???? dying alone in the dark ????
being chased ???? No education ???? How to make a living ????
:confused2:

:wink2:

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hi Knows

It honors you!

being abusive ???

Eternity ???? freedom ???? survival ???? Espeeness ???? dying alone in the dark ????

Shelly Miscavige was standing by those who were getting punched, kicked and slapped by the asthmatic Dwarf, with her cotton swabs?

I don't need to "be there" to know that what the German's did to the Jews was evil. I don't need to "be there" to know that Shelly Miscavige contributed to the motion of the abuse by not getting out and doing something about it.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Shelly Miscavige was standing by those who were getting punched, kicked and slapped by the asthmatic Dwarf, with her cotton swabs?

I don't need to "be there" to know that what the German's did to the Jews was evil. I don't need to "be there" to know that Shelly Miscavige contributed to the motion of the abuse by not getting out and doing something about it.

I was not lecturing you..
I was simply asking...I misunderstood you have knew her and had 1st hand accounts... :confused2:

Some had reported here that she, many times, tried to ''protect'' the staff from COB rage...and I wanted to get some input (plain simple as that)

Anyway....
thanks

Last edited:

AngeloV

Gold Meritorious Patron
The reason that Shelly has gone missing....

Missing_zpsm2fyobjw.jpg

Northern Shewolf

Patron Meritorious
Re: #242 - To Lotus,
I think you meant to convey the fact that Shelley never got any worthwhile parental attention and nurture... actually she was given to the tender mercies of CMO, pimping for LRH.....a child will aim to please whomever is the figure of authority above them, so little Shelley, so easily abandoned, so easily endoctrinated, so easily absorbed, so easily erased....
Poor girl never had a meaningful glimpse of the normal lifestyles and personal growth she could have considered and chosen for herself
There has to be, taken into account that this is in the good old U. S. of A where quasi-everything is possible, a feasible way to get to Shelly, a plan that can be acheivable!?! I do not buy that she would resist a rescue, not for one second!!!
As to why risk all this: isn't she the amanuensis who would know where the corpses are buried, where, when etc....

I deplore the guilty/not guilty labelling which does not clarify anything really... it just highlights the dephts of the awful brain-washing the victims of Co$ carry like a badly healed wound.
Thank you Lotus for your kind heart
Shewolf:yes:

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Re: #242 - To Lotus,
I think you meant to convey the fact that Shelley never got any worthwhile parental attention and nurture... actually she was given to the tender mercies of CMO, pimping for LRH.....a child will aim to please whomever is the figure of authority above them, so little Shelley, so easily abandoned, so easily endoctrinated, so easily absorbed, so easily erased....
Poor girl never had a meaningful glimpse of the normal lifestyles and personal growth she could have considered and chosen for herself
There has to be, taken into account that this is in the good old U. S. of A where quasi-everything is possible, a feasible way to get to Shelly, a plan that can be acheivable!?! I do not buy that she would resist a rescue, not for one second!!!
As to why risk all this: isn't she the amanuensis who would know where the corpses are buried, where, when etc....

I deplore the guilty/not guilty labelling which does not clarify anything really... it just highlights the dephts of the awful brain-washing the victims of Co$ carry like a badly healed wound.
Thank you Lotus for your kind heart
Shewolf:yes:

Thank you Mrs shewolf! :wink2:
(obviously I couldn't make my point clear)

You got exactly what I meant and what is happening with kids raised as slave in the SO.

You , I and many $cientologists have a model of reference of what is good what is wrong... we learned how to behave in society in taking example with our parents and educators.

In the SO, 2nd generation CMO the model was LRH and the SO seniors and ethics officers and pseudo-educators in who raised them (according to 100% KSW) ...
and their parents.. ???? Zoup..gone in mission to save the planet...or gave up on parenting anyway!

There are several exes who take this in account to figure out the intent of a person.
Some of those kids grew a lust for power and abuses, some even took pleasure in tormenting adults - some only tried to be ethical and make things go right as they were pressured to it (which in SO meant to use harsh ethics , RPF). Some became abusive seniors but recovered a normal social behavior when they left the cult and rebuilt a new wog life, learning a new sheme of values and behavior.

The result is the same in terms of abusing people..but those who tried to do their best often tried to protect their juniors from abuses version 2.0

One needs a sane frame of reference to know what is a wrong behavior, actually what is an appropriate and ethical behavior in Scieno SO is what is considered an abusive behavior in our societies...But some people raised in the SO probably never knew of it . Like she will probably never know she is not a suppressive, criminal, neither possessed by entities and that she doesn't have to atone and rehabilitate herself while living alone, as a prisonner in a remote prison compound....
till she dies...

They have been victims as kids..and indoctrinated to perpetrate abusive\slave victims behavior as adults....:confused2:

Also, It would have been impossible for her to escape and remains under the radar...DM would have paid millions of $$$$, and get 100 guys on the blow drill and physically coerced her to come back..She knows too much sensitive stuff...

shelly.jpg

That said, these are just my thoughts and I was not pushing it!
(it's a sensitive topic)

Hey Shewolf, hope you're doing fine ..long time no see :coolwink:

Last edited:

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hi Knows

It honors you!

being abusive ???

I think I get what you are saying here. Shelley grew up in the cult. It was the only life she knew. Where does someone like that escape TO? There is nothing, outside the cult, for them. The indoctrination has gone on for a lifetime, it is the only life they know. As far as she knows, it is the cult....or death. Too many in that position, I fear.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
I think I get what you are saying here. Shelley grew up in the cult. It was the only life she knew. Where does someone like that escape TO? There is nothing, outside the cult, for them. The indoctrination has gone on for a lifetime, it is the only life they know. As far as she knows, it is the cult....or death. Too many in that position, I fear.

Yes Wildcat - as far as the urge\desire to escape is concerned yes...you put it simply and clearly.

But , in the event she dreams of escaping , let's say with another SO who knows what to do outside to survive...

Seriously..she knows her ''escape journey' would be likely less than 24 hours..and the punisment and penalties would be (I don't want to imagine) the worst seen in $cientology...
Well, being kept prisonner in a compound lost in the wild , is certainly better than to be kept prisonner in a room..till...the '' thetan causatively postulate ( at tone 40 ) to take a new body for this one has become an impediement...)

Last edited:

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
A very insightful article about Shell in Vanity fair:
Emphasis mine

http://www.vanityfair.com/style/2014/03/shelly-miscavige-scientology-queen-de-throned

Scientology's vanished Queen

***** Excerpt****

Among Hubbard’s most devoted Messengers was the youngest one on board: Michelle “Shelly” Barnett. In photographs from that era, she is revealed to be a willowy beauty with strawberry-blond hair. She became a Messenger in the early 1970s when she was around 12.

Shelly’s father, Barney, was a handyman who struggled to find work, according to the Headleys; her mother, Flo Barnett, had emotional issues. Such was the couple’s faith in Scientology that they left Shelly and her older sister, Clarisse, in Hubbard’s care. From then on the kids’ early education consisted of little beyond the gospel of L.R.H., which held that people are immortal beings, or “thetans,” trapped in human bodies. Thetans are encumbered by traumas, or “engrams,” accumulated during past lives. Only through a proprietary therapeutic process known as “auditing” could thetans be cleared of engrams.

The Messengers were devoted to Hubbard. He was, after all, their de facto parent. But Shelly, according to several sources, worshipped the man, hanging on his every word and following his orders with a precision that belied her young years and girlish appearance. “You’d see this pretty young girl with blond hair and sneakers,” recalls former Sea Org executive Mike Rinder. “But suddenly she’d be interrogating people with ‘What are you doing and why are you doing it?’ ”

Shelly left the ship in the mid-1970s. A few years later, 11 church members, including Mary Sue, were charged with conspiracy and burglary. All were eventually convicted and served prison sentences. Although the Commodore escaped charges, prosecutors branded him an “unindicted co-conspirator.”

Spooked by the ongoing investigations, Hubbard spent the final decade of his life in paranoid madness. He saw persecutors and turncoats—“apostates,” in Scientology terms—around every corner. He created an “All Clear” team to defuse legal threats. Although the team was composed mostly of hardened Sea Org veterans, its leader was a fresh-faced 21-year-old named David Miscavige.

Miscavige, who is about five feet five inches and was chronically asthmatic, had always defied his physical limitations. In the middle-class suburbs of Philadelphia, where he was raised, he had pursued his family’s passions—from football to Scientology—with terrier-like aggression. By the age of 12, he was conducting auditing sessions with adults. At 16 he dropped out of high school and, like all new Sea Org members, signed a billion-year contract that locked him in full-time and forever.

Miscavige lived in a dormitory at the church’s national headquarters, in Clearwater, Florida. “He was kind of an asshole,” says ex-Scientologist Mark Fisher. “He would try to buddy up with you and be like ‘Hey, man, how’s it going?’ But he’d be quick to stab you in the back. If you did something wrong, he’d report you.” At one point, Fisher confided certain doubts to Miscavige about Scientology.

“He made sure that all of my stuff was taken out of our dormitory room and put into the hallway. He just moved me out lock, stock, and barrel, so I had no place to sleep.”

But Miscavige’s charisma played well with the Messenger girls who had decamped to Clearwater while Hubbard plotted his next moves. Among the girls was Shelly, who soon caught Miscavige’s eye. He was just nine months older—and she still seemed liked a typical 15-year-old, giggling and listening to the love ballads of John Travolta.

The romance between Shelly and Miscavige began around 1978, in a rustic bubble known as Int Base. There, in the scrubby ranchlands 90 miles east of Los Angeles, Team Hubbard had transformed a faded resort area into Scientology’s international headquarters. The state-of-the-art base included a film-production studio, heavy security, and Hubbard’s $10 million mansion.

While Miscavige had a hair-trigger temper that produced sudden fits of verbal and physical violence, according to several sources—at one point, he’d punched his own auditor—most of the time he was just a fun-loving wunderkind. (A representative for the Miscaviges characterized as “false” the assertions regarding David Miscavige’s alleged temper and fits of violence.)

The romance did nothing to improve Shelly’s standing with her peers. Some of the girls deemed her too young and status-hungry for their taste, and they often excluded her. “That really pushed her buttons,” recalls one former Messenger. “It was the one thing that really made her flash emotion, in a desperate sort of way. She was clearly a lonely girl who’d been abandoned all her life.”

But once Miscavige entered the picture, she focused on him. They married in 1982 in the Los Angeles area and instantly became the “It couple” of Sea Org. Emphasis on “couple.”

“Back then, Shelly was much less subservient, because she was in a position that was basically equivalent to Miscavige’s,” Mike Rinder recalls. “She was not in a junior position, and she was always a feisty sort of a person.”

And their timing was excellent. Hubbard was, by this point, a babbling Kurtzian figure. This created a power vacuum that required immediate attention. Miscavige expertly outmaneuvered his rivals and shooed them out of the picture. When Hubbard finally died, in 1986, Scientology’s future was placed in Miscavige’s hands.

Stand by Your Man

One of the first orders of business for Miscavige as chairman of the board, or “C.O.B.,” was to give Shelly a job befitting the First Lady of Scientology. He created the position of “C.O.B. Assistant,” which afforded her a large workspace connected to his extremely large one in Building 50, a $70 million facility built to Miscavige’s increasingly lofty specifications. “We were kids, and it was all exciting, and it was all the future, and it evolved and evolved,” says Mark “Marty” Rathbun, who at the time served as Miscavige’s top deputy. “The thrill lasted about three years after the old man died. After that time, it progressed to insanity.”

Basically, Shelly was in charge of the dozen-odd staffers who worked in the executive office. In real terms, though, according to Claire Headley, the job required her to be “whatever ‘the boss’ wanted her to be at any given moment.”
Sometimes she was his unofficial counselor, at other times his valet. Such became the nature of their relationship that she’d hover within arm’s reach of him. There she nodded thoughtfully or flashed a huge smile, while Miscavige’s opposite elbow was manned by his second-most-important female accessory, Laurisse “Lou” Stuckenbrock. A statuesque New Zealander, she functioned as his “communicator.”

By this point, according to several ex-Scientologists, Shelly’s husband had come to seem more like her boss. When the couple went out at night, they were often accompanied by Miscavige’s bobbleheaded yes-men. When they came home, they retired to separate bedrooms, say several sources.

“I never, ever, ever saw them kiss,” says Marc Headley, who worked closely with the Miscaviges. “I was there for 15 years. . . . So I had plenty of opportunities to witness them together and never, ever saw them affectionate with each other. . . . I’m talking about in a room with four other people. Informal. We’re all just chatting, and he isn’t touching her.”

“Odd, odd couple,” says another former Sea Org member, Tom De Vocht. “There was obviously a working relationship, but odd. I don’t think I once saw Miscavige hug or kiss or anything Shelly. I spent a lot of time with them. There was no real affection.”

Maybe the Miscaviges were simply modest church folk honoring the conservative policies of Sea Org, which forbade almost everything sexual, from pre-marital petting to masturbation. By some accounts, though, Miscavige was no stranger to graphic sexual imagery. When angry, he’d unleash a torrent of filth, in his rapid-fire Philly-guy manner. “You’re a cocksucker,” he’d say. “I’ll rip your balls off, you dirty cunt.”

According to several sources, Miscavige relished reading transcripts of auditing sessions in which Tom Cruise discussed his sex life, while Shelly would just blush, shake her head, and say, “That’s gross.” (Scientology representatives have disputed this account and said that Miscavige has always maintained strict confidentiality at the church.)

Several sources say Shelly started to obsess over her makeup, her hair, her weight. Rigid adherence to an all-natural diet made her increasingly gaunt. And her relationships with certain female colleagues grew strained. Tom De Vocht recalls an incident involving his then wife, an attractive Sea Org member prone to wearing snug tank tops. “I’m sitting in my office, behind closed doors, and one evening the door swings open with a crash and slams shut,” he says. “I turn around and it’s Shelly, and she goes, ‘You get your bitch, cunt, fucking whore wife away from my husband! She’s always hanging her tits in his face, and I’m just telling you, they’ve got something going on!’ ”

There is no evidence that either Miscavige or the woman was unfaithful, and Miscavige’s ex-colleagues say they never saw him philandering. Instead, they describe him as surrounding himself with servile young beauties.

The Hubbard parallels were not lost on Shelly, who, former colleagues say, was determined to roll back the trend. She would not become another Mary Sue—a loyal wife who was summarily abandoned by her husband. Shelly found guidance from L.R.H., in an essay he’d written about 19th-century war hero Simón Bolívar and his mistress Manuela Sáenz. Because Sáenz had not adequately supported her man, Hubbard argued, Bolívar had died a failure.

Miscavige, like Hubbard, evidently developed a siege mentality. His first big trigger involved the case of Lisa McPherson, a Scientologist who suffered a fatal pulmonary embolism after 17 days of a Scientology auditing process designed to treat her mental instability. The church faced two felony charges, but they were later dropped when the medical examiner changed the cause of death from “undetermined” to “accident”; in order to settle a civil suit, the church paid McPherson’s family an undisclosed sum.

Then there was the P.R. nightmare caused by a gathering stream of defections, including some from the highest levels of Sea Org. Scores of defectors have said that Miscavige would systematically terrorize, humiliate, and abuse Sea Org members, especially those he suspected of being “suppressive persons” (S.P.’s); that when he himself wasn’t punching, choking, or shoving his staff he ordered his lieutenants to do so; that perceived transgressors were routinely spirited to secret detention facilities reminiscent of North Korean-style re-education camps; that to be in one of these facilities was to spend months or years eating a subsistence diet (rice and beans), performing menial tasks (reportedly scrubbing bathrooms with your tongue, in one case), and seeing no one outside the base (including your family); and that to escape from Sea Org—to “blow,” as they say—would generally necessitate a mad dash past armed guards and spiked fences, followed by harassment and disconnection from all the family members and friends you’d left behind.

Defectors like Jefferson Hawkins, a longtime Sea Org member, say Miscavige meted out his harshest abuse to those in his inner circle, whom he blamed for the scandals. Lieutenants were often sentenced to a squalid makeshift prison called “the Hole,” where they were compelled to fight for their jobs—sometimes literally, and once in a game of musical chairs set to Queen’s Bohemian Rhapsody.

“You had to walk a really, really careful line, and you could not challenge him in any way,” says Hawkins, who “blew” after Miscavige allegedly attacked him during a meeting. (A representative for David Miscavige denied this allegation, saying that Hawkins “has no credibility” and “waited years after the alleged event before he first ‘remembered’ it.”) Hawkins adds, “I have no indication that he was ever abusive to Shelly—but if not, she would have been one of the exceptions.”

None of the prominent defectors interviewed by V.F. said they’d ever seen Miscavige touch his wife in anger. But many of them agree that she endured verbal abuse. “I’ve seen him yell at her for not doing his bidding,” says John Brousseau, who has known the Miscaviges for three decades. “He’d admonish her: ‘How dare you undermine what I just told them to do! You go back and fix it right now!’ And she would go off and eat her words and tell people an amended version of what to do. . . .

“As Miscavige rose to power and became more and more bitter, Shelly sort of emulated it,” Brousseau adds. Photos that belong to the Miscaviges’ former fashion designer of choice, Claudio Lugli, seem to show a hardness in Shelly’s features. She became prone to sudden outbursts. Sometimes she’d call then Sea Org member Jan Weiss, allegedly one of her only close friends, to bark an order and then slam the phone down. One time, Weiss recalls, she hissed, “You don’t care about any fucking body but yourself!”

“But if you knew her, which I and a lot of people did, you could kind of get through that,” Brousseau says. “A lot of people will tell you about what a horrible bitch she was, and how she was just as bad as Miscavige—which, in a lot of respects, is true. She was doing his bidding. But a lot of people who knew her personally will say that, underneath it all, she was actually a nice person.”

Shelly’s core decency seemed clear to other former colleagues as well. She encouraged staff to volunteer and help the local community. Whenever a Sea Org member fell ill, she was the one who made sure the person received ample care. Her niece Jenna Miscavige Hill recalls a conversation in which Shelly inquired about Hill’s parents, who had fled the church. Hill assumed she was fishing for intel. “No, I’m not interested in that,” Hill recalls that Shelly said. “I just mean how are they doing personally?”

Hill detected a strong maternal instinct in Shelly, who didn’t have children of her own. According to Hill, she seemed to compensate by mentoring Messenger girls.

Even in adulthood, Shelly proudly wore a necklace with Hubbard’s Messenger symbol on it. “She told me a lot of fucked-up things that really messed with my mind,” says Hill, who blew in 2005. “But she believed those things because she had to, to live that life. Her mom ditched her. She was royally screwed over and a misfit, from what I understand. She wasn’t just the butt-kissing zombie that a lot of others there were. I feel like what she did was because of her faith in Hubbard, not to improve her own status.”

Even those who disliked Shelly couldn’t help but feel sorry for her, former colleagues say. Because most church members wouldn’t dare approach the First Lady, and because she was inherently shy, she often appeared lonely and isolated.
Jan Weiss noticed how few friends she had when the two were stationed at Int Base in the late 80s. “She was sitting at a breakfast table all by herself,” Weiss recalls. “It was a Saturday, so I went up to her and said, ‘Do you want to do libs?’ ” That’s church-speak for free time. “I was kind of shocked when she said yes.”

After a fun day’s shopping in Palm Springs, they had dinner at Benihana. A chef asked whether they were sisters. “No,” Weiss says Shelly replied. “We’re best friends.”

Although Shelly rarely discussed her family, Weiss says, she had indicated that her early childhood had been “horrible.” Her parents had divorced. Although Shelly still knew and loved her father, according to the Headleys, her mother had been out of the picture for years.

In 1985, while struggling to recover from surgery for an aneurysm, Shelly’s mother became involved with a Scientology splinter group that defied and enraged David Miscavige, former church executives have testified. Later that year, she was found dead of what police deemed a suicide. Although some observers wondered how a five-foot-three woman could shoot four bullets into her own chest and head—with a long rifle—Shelly’s reaction when she learned of the death was clear, according to multiple people. Former church member Karen de la Carriere remembers Shelly saying, “Well, good riddance to that bitch.”

Many members regarded Shelly as Sea Org’s most valuable “shock absorber.” For starters, she was a master at back-channel diplomacy. Marc Headley recalls, “D.M. would come in and say, ‘You guys fucking suck! I don’t know what the fuck is wrong with you! You’re going to the Rehabilitation Project Force!’ ”—the punitive re-education program. “Shelly would come in five minutes or an hour later and say, ‘O.K., guys, you aren’t going to the R.P.F. Let’s figure out how we can get this done.’ ”

Gary Morehead, a former Sea Org member, who was head of security at Int Base, says many church members had no idea just how much Shelly protected them. On the sly, he says, she would “adjust” some of the church’s most outrageous policies. When one of Miscavige’s rages portended violence, Shelly was the first and final line of defense. “She was the only person I ever saw try and put a check on his outbursts,” says Claire Headley. “She was the only person that would even try to intervene.”

She’d try to be discreet, employing a light nudge or a soothing whisper. Other times, she’d try to gently steer him out of the room: “Let’s go. Let’s not do this.” “There were times when he’d hit somebody, knock them off a chair, kick them,” Rathbun recalls. “When he’d go in for more, she would restrain him.”

By 2004, Headley says, “Shelly was cowed. She was always stressed. She was never sleeping. She was just run ragged. Because of that, she was often in a bad mood, and that’s where some people would just say they hated her. . . . But she was never an evil person, and I thought she really cared. It was just a god-awful situation.”

The Lady Vanishes

In late 2006, according to multiple sources, Shelly was tasked with a Sisyphean project. Already various Sea Org officers had tried and failed to satisfy Miscavige’s wishes for a new and improved “Org Board”—a corporate reshuffling, basically. Shelly, despite months of round-the-clock drafting and re-drafting, fared no better. Miscavige rejected everything.

At this point they were communicating from afar. Rather uncharacteristically, Miscavige had felt a strong and sudden need to spend time in Los Angeles, which housed the church’s publishing unit, about to peddle its latest book of Hubbardisms. In the meantime, at Int Base, Shelly went back to the Org Board. Then, for reasons known only to her, she made two executive decisions. Without Miscavige’s O.K., she disseminated the chart and informed people of their new titles and duties. Additionally, in order to facilitate renovations on Miscavige’s living quarters, she had some of his belongings boxed up and moved to a temporary housing unit, according to John Brousseau.

Within days, former colleagues say, Shelly seemed to know she was living on borrowed time. “She puttered about for maybe a week or two, being very sheepish and withdrawn,” Brousseau recalls. “Not really contributing. Telling her domestic staff not to bother taking care of her—that she could make her own meals. She’d say, ‘It’s all right,’ and sort of be very undeserving, knowing that she was in a crap-load of trouble.”

Mike Rinder, having just seen Miscavige, was cornered by Shelly. “She asked me whether he was wearing his platinum wedding ring or his gold one,” Rinder says, “like she didn’t want to ask if he was still wearing his wedding ring.”

Soon Shelly was stripped of her duties and was shadowed by a watchful handler while attending her father’s funeral, according to Marc Headley. There she went to the bathroom and was approached by a former Scientologist who had been declared an S.P. and didn’t know where to turn. “Listen to me,” Headley claims Shelly said. “I fucked up, and I’m not going to be able to help you.”

At around this time, it began to seem as if the First Lady of Scientology had never existed. Claudio Lugli says he was told, “You don’t have to do Shelly’s [clothes] anymore, because she’s on a special project.” Sea Org never discussed her sudden disappearance, and its members were loath to ask. The rare exception was Leah Remini, whose famed brassiness proved problematic for Sea Org. At Tom Cruise’s wedding to Katie Holmes, in November 2006, Remini couldn’t help but notice a glaring absence. She wondered aloud, “Where’s Shelly?”

Remini, according to a source close to her, was told to shut up and mind her own business. But when Christmas came and went, and she failed to receive her traditional thank-you note from Shelly, Remini’s questions became more insistent. The harder she pressed, the more the church stonewalled. The stalemate lasted for nearly seven years, during which time Shelly’s whereabouts was largely unknown by the outside world and not spoken of by her husband. Now in the head office it was just Miscavige and Lou Stuckenbrock.

In time, a handful of journalists concluded that Shelly was being housed at one of the church’s secretive and tightly controlled outer bases. Most Sea Org members are never told about these outposts, which serve to protect the church’s most precious possessions and operations, and which can be found in California and New Mexico; a base in Wyoming is still under construction. For example, Trementina Base, in northeastern New Mexico, serves as a repository for Hubbard’s writings and films; the former are engraved on steel tablets, entombed in titanium casings, and buried in underground vaults, according to several former church members.

But most reports about Shelly’s whereabouts focused on a base outside Los Angeles. Located near Lake Arrowhead, about 90 minutes from the city, the roughly 500-acre site is known variously as Twin Peaks, Rimforest, or C.S.T. The first two are nearby towns; the third is an abbreviation for Church of Spiritual Technology—the wing in charge of Scientology’s copyrights and archival work. According to Dylan Gill, a former Sea Org member who oversaw much of its construction, the base includes, in addition to a luxurious “log cabin” primed for Hubbard’s return, a second structure designed to protect church V.I.P.’s such as Miscavige and Tom Cruise in the event of a nuclear Armageddon.

The only people who enter the vast base are the two dozen or so Sea Org members who live on it full-time. Most people assigned there consider the posting an honor because to be at Twin Peaks is to be safeguarding the word of L.R.H. Never mind that they are monitored by a security apparatus that includes armed guards, infra-red cameras, and spiked fences, sources say. “It’s isolated,” says Gill, who spent seven years at Twin Peaks. “You really don’t have contact with other Scientologists at all.” Mail and phone calls are monitored. “It’s a good way to have somebody disappear,” Gill adds.

Multiple sources say Shelly was sent to Twin Peaks straight from Int Base. A few weeks after her disappearance, John Brousseau says, Lou Stuckenbrock summoned him to the office Shelly had previously occupied. “Miscavige was standing there, looking very impatient and irate, and he said to me, ‘Hey, J.B., can you break into here?’ He was pointing to a sort of hidden panel that [concealed] a large walk-in closet with lockable file cabinets. Once you close and lock the panel, it looks just like a wall panel. He wanted me to break into it, because I guess they didn’t have the keys. Shelly was the only one who did.”

Immediately after he removed the panel, Brousseau says, Miscavige told him to leave. “A couple hours later, I get a call asking if I know how to pick locks,” Brousseau continues. “So I unlocked some of these file cabinets, and the minute I unlocked them, he said, ‘No, no, no, leave them. You can leave.’ A couple weeks later, when Miscavige was no longer at the property, I was summoned by another office secretary. She said I could repair the lock and get it re-keyed with the exact same key and make it look like nothing had happened. This is all while Shelly was still under heavy investigation.”

According to Mike Rinder and Mark Rathbun, who have firsthand knowledge of such procedures, the investigation would have involved a “sec-check,” in which security personnel would put her through repeated interrogations designed to elicit confessions, repentance, and submission. (Sec-checks are routinely administered for the smallest slight, sources say.) Everything she said would have been relayed to her husband, who ultimately banished her to endure several months of auditing and re-programming, Rathbun says, likely followed by several months of menial labor—until she finally evinced satisfactory degrees of contrition, obeisance, and “clarity.”

Although it’s possible Shelly was shuffled to another base, sources like Jan Weiss and Claire Headley, who knew her well, say she’ll most likely stay at Twin Peaks for as long as is required of her—not because she has to, but because she wants to. “She lives in a sort of demented altered universe,” says Karen de la Carriere. “Whatever she thinks of D.M., she is devoted to Hubbard. That’s the only life she’s ever known.”

The greater tragedy of Shelly, says Marc Headley, is that “she’s probably the one person who could just end it tomorrow. If she just walked away from the whole craziness and said, ‘O.K., this is where all the fucking bodies are buried—this is what he did with this, this is what he did with that—let’s fucking burn it down,’ it would be done.”

Last edited:

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
I was not lecturing you..
I was simply asking...I misunderstood you have knew her and had 1st hand accounts... :confused2:

Some had reported here that she, many times, tried to ''protect'' the staff from COB rage...and I wanted to get some input (plain simple as that)

Anyway....
thanks

awe..thanks Lotus...:console::kiss::flowers: I am sorry for being so crabby about this stuff...but it makes my blood boil.

I know you were not lecturing and did not take it that way.

I am pissed off that these people who witness such abuse do nothing about it.
Kind of crazy to think she knew something was wrong but chose to stay anyway and apply rubbing alcohol and band aides...and now she is trapped....:omg: She will most likely die a enslaved slave going crazy.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Bisous à toi aussi Knows :biggrin:
(hugs and kisses to you too)

I know, (it makes your blood boil) and understand...There are some others issues that does the same within me...particularly the omerta about the kids abuses in the cult and SO...Very few people dare to speak about that especially what happened on the commode door love boat cruse - We probably all have such moment of frustrations about cult issues. :yes:

(But I was really glad to realize, recently, we have moved a step further and several had spoke recently about kids abuses and molesting)

Me think that by the time I decide to move a step further when my meat body become such an impediment to my spiritual progress...and thus discard this entities cluster ...this cult will be dead...and hopefully several people prosecuted...and the one left in prisons compound helped...

(I still wish in my deepest dreams that FBI, gendarmerie, scotland yard and al raid al SO compounds and free people and we help them...it it realistic ?? I don't know...)

But all the effort of all the exes around the world combined to some politicians wistleblowers, police, media, film makers, internet, interviewers have certainly contributed for many to escape and many others to avoid being caught in the slavery. :handinhand:

Love to you! :hug:

It will end..we just don't know exactly when :wink2:

Northern Shewolf

Patron Meritorious
If Shelley isn't dead, DM will have to trot her out.
After all this time has passed since she was seen, will she be easily identified?
He could try showing us a "double".

She must look entirely different...she has not set foot out of wherever she is kept since the last century,so why bother with skin care, good haircut, nice wardrobe, shoes etc...a shadow of her former self certainly.
Happily detection via DNA testing does work and is available. It would resolve all doubts insofar of identity, as to the rest, it will all hinge on what the regular channels of redress are willing to engage, I would guess few..
I also think that by now her mental mind-set and emotional landscape have fused into total submission. She might as well be dead for all we know, I do hope that Leah devotes some time to Shelly, and to all the disappeared via RFP, and the sordid tales of enslavement, with (sotto-voce)even murder....
Time has come to push forward, the tide is high!
Wishing you all a bright Solstice and best New Year ever.:eyeroll:
The Shewolf :coolwink:

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
Does Shelly have any family?

One of the nasty side effects of Scientology is death.

Shelly Miscavige's mother - Flo Barnett allegedly committed suicide with a rifle. :omg::nervous:

http://www.villagevoice.com/news/th...to-scientology-leader-david-miscavige-6667918

She shot herself 3 times in the chest and once in the head :whistling:with a rifle....:whistling:She certainly had Sooper Powerz, no?

Well, no surprize at those abilities and skills....She was Oat Tea :whistling:but left the "cherch" to practice in the Freak Zone.

Something tells me that David Miscavige did not like that.

Well, if it is not cruel and inhumane folks...it's just NOT Scientology.:yes:

She dropped her body to join Ron.:eyeroll: on Target Two.

Lord Xenu

Patron Meritorious
One of the nasty side effects of Scientology is death.

Shelly Miscavige's mother - Flo Barnett allegedly committed suicide with a rifle. :omg::nervous:

http://www.villagevoice.com/news/th...to-scientology-leader-david-miscavige-6667918

She shot herself 3 times in the chest and once in the head :whistling:with a rifle....:whistling:She certainly had Sooper Powerz, no?

Well, no surprize at those abilities and skills....She was Oat Tea :whistling:but left the "cherch" to practice in the Freak Zone.

Something tells me that David Miscavige did not like that.

Well, if it is not cruel and inhumane folks...it's just NOT Scientology.:yes:

She dropped her body to join Ron.:eyeroll: on Target Two.

This is another of those WTF? stories. If there is going to be a Leah Remini show on Shelley then surely this will be mentioned too.

It's very like one of those 'Murder Mystery' shows.

Could this be the sucker punch where media pressure forces government agencies to actually investigate this stuff thoroughly?

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron
If Shelley isn't dead, DM will have to trot her out.
After all this time has passed since she was seen, will she be easily identified?
He could try showing us a "double".

Do you think they could get away with that? Roll out an immaculately coiffed double (or near-double) for TV who says she's fine and being treated well, and get the usual shills to say that yes, this is the real Shelly? I'd like to think they couldn't, but I'd fully expect them to try something like that ...

Do you think they could get away with that? Roll out an immaculately coiffed double (or near-double) for TV who says she's fine and being treated well, and get the usual shills to say that yes, this is the real Shelly? I'd like to think they couldn't, but I'd fully expect them to try something like that ...
I don't know if you read Tony's post the other day about a frail looking Shelly, but if it is accurate, trotting her out in bad physical condition will be yet another blow to the church. Do you remember pictures of Mike Rinder when he was in England just prior to his blow - he was emaciated. What if she's also emaciated? Getting her hair done won't make that gaunt look go away.

Miimsey

http://tonyortega.org/2016/12/15/cl...tted-near-scientology-compound-in-california/

TommyMikeJohn.jpg