What's new

"Laura Prepon is a liar" about Scientology's position on homosexuality and gay rights

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Re: "Laura Prepon is a liar" about Scientology's position on homosexuality and gay ri

Thanks for the info. I'd begun educating myself further about this organization (reading from all sides, not just one viewpoint) to know what's going on and what the difference experiences are. But, I'm not sure why you all inflict the actions and attitudes of right-wing, anti-gay people in the organization on the many individuals in scientology who clearly aren't and are liberal-minded.

Welcome to ESMB, Amber. I'm not sure who you mean by "you" in your last post. The posters here are mostly ex-Scientologists, tending to have diverse views on things. However, individuality of viewpoint is surprisingly absent inside the official Church.

Why? Because good Scios tend to not have opinions of their own: they have quotes from Hubbard. Just like some fundamentalist Christian may have a bible quote to answer any problem in life, a "proper" Scio will be able to quote -- and will probably whole-heartedly believe -- Hubbard's stated view on any topic.

Paul

Last edited:

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: "Laura Prepon is a liar" about Scientology's position on homosexuality and gay ri

In the Staff application form for anyone wanting to work for Scientology Inc.
Note Question #46. This attitude is deeply embedded in the culture.

Homosexuality..jpg

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter

Thanks for the info. I'd begun educating myself further about this organization (reading from all sides, not just one viewpoint) to know what's going on and what the difference experiences are.
But, I'm not sure why you all inflict the actions and attitudes of right-wing, anti-gay people in the organization on the many individuals in scientology who clearly aren't and are liberal-minded. There are extremists in every religion or religious organization - all of which have had their controversies, including murder, hate crimes, terrorism, and pedophilia. The other people in the religion don't need to be stoned or shamed because others may believe or engage in unethical rhetoric or behavior. People often hold views that are contrary to the religious affiliations that they have. People - religious and non-religious, have diverse views which sometimes conform with their traditions and sometimes do not.

It's beyond me that you dismissively group them all together. None of the millions of catholics who aren't pedophiles are responsible for the priests who engaged in pedophilia; they aren't responsible for whatever the Pope does either; or what any other Catholic does. They are only responsible for their own beliefs and actions They continue living their own lives, having their faith and philosophies, going and donating to church, participating in their religious/community events, etc. So why are all the other non-extremist scientologists grouped together with the extremists and implicitly accused of believing/acting the same as them? There's a complete double standard here with this group of people (scientologists), and I just can't reconcile (rightly) trashing a right-wing, anti-gay, corrupt sect and targeting and trashing all other individuals who don't engage or accept the extremists' views. You're basically engaging in what you criticize, and targeting/discriminating against people just because they believe in something weird (which is the case for billions of people the world over). Don't you see this?
You are wrong.

What you characterize as "extremist" Scientologists are not in fact "extremists" within the context of Scientology. They are mainstream in the Church of Scientology.

To reiterate, as explained in Nora Crest's video it is a matter of immutable religious doctrine that gays and other LGBT people are 1.1 covertly hostile dangerous perverts.

[video=youtube;_-lkYwv-nHQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-lkYwv-nHQ[/video]

The policy is immutable for the following reasons, among others. There is a no more text-based, fundamentalist, rigid religion on the face of the earth than the Scientology. Pursuant to a doctrine and Policy Letter known as Keeping Scientology Working (KSW), nothing can be altered, omitted, ignored, or is subject to interpretation. Nothing. The KSW Policy Letter is taught before every major course in Scientology. The policy is rigidly enforced.

If what happened to Nora Crest and the explicit, written policy of the Church of Scientology are not enough to convince you, you might want to consider the 2012 court testimony under penalty of perjury of former Scientology executive Debbie Cook about her treatment at the highest, executive level of the Church of Scientology:

http://www.villagevoice.com/news/sc...-the-voice-at-the-debbie-cook-hearing-6685032

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

Cook: We were made to do these confessions...one time in front of 100 people, yelling at you. I was put in a trash can, cold water poured over me, slapped. One time it went on for 12 hours...There were times I was accused of being a homosexual, a lesbian.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

Debbie Cook further testified that the Church of Scientology demanded that other executives "confess" that they were homosexuals. See video starting at 18:19:

[video=youtube;AqTp-szDdeU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqTp-szDdeU[/video]

Do you think Debbie Cook was "accused of being a homosexual, a lesbian" because being a homosexual or lesbian is acceptable in the Church of Scientology? That they "accused" her of doing something that they did NOT consider to be wrong?

Do you suppose the Church of Scientology demanded that other church executives "confess" that they were homosexuals because being a homosexual or lesbian is acceptable in the Church of Scientology? That the Church of Scientology would have them "confess" to something that it did NOT consider to be wrong? How would that make sense?

Obviously, as the majority view has changed in the few U.S. metropolitan areas where Scientology still has some popularity -- now primarily Los Angeles and Hollywood -- the Church of Scientology is not eager to have the above known to the general public any more than they want the general public to know, prior to indoctrination and investment, about Xenu or that eventually they will be auditing Body Thetans. The doctrines and views are nonetheless part of Scientology religious doctrine. No gay person is going to be allowed to go up the Bridge to Total Freedom (tm) and remain and behave gay sexually. To allow that would be to contradict what Founder L. Ron Hubbard wrote, and that is the one thing that is not allowed.

Please don't deign to lecture us for having a "complete double standard" when you have neither the knowledge nor the experience to make that judgment.

Last edited:

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist

According to Hubbard, homosexuality is an aberration that would be cured in auditing.

So, 1970s, a homosexual/bisexual could still be on-lines as a PC or even a staff member (I don't know about SO staff).
For example, Mission level staff was different. (I knew one who was bisexual).
I met 3 or 4 PCs staying at The Manor (now CC) who were homosexual (but considered aberrated on this issue).

CommunicatorIC

According to Hubbard, homosexuality is an aberration that would be cured in auditing.

So, 1970s, a homosexual/bisexual could still be on-lines as a PC or even a staff member (I don't know about SO staff).
For example, Mission level staff was different. (I knew one who was bisexual).
I met 3 or 4 PCs staying at The Manor (now CC) who were homosexual (but considered aberrated on this issue).
Allowed to be onlines so that they (a) could pay money to (b) be fixed -- because they were "aberrated on this issue."

A religion that says that a gay or other LGBT person is "aberrated" on the issue of being gay or otherwise LGBT is not truly accepting of gay or other LGBT people, and on the contrary is by definition homophobic. In the case of Scientology, it is willing to take their money to perform their "on the cans" version of conversion therapy.

Free Being Me

Crusader

Thanks for the info. I'd begun educating myself further about this organization (reading from all sides, not just one viewpoint) to know what's going on and what the difference experiences are.
But, I'm not sure why you all inflict the actions and attitudes of right-wing, anti-gay people in the organization on the many individuals in scientology who clearly aren't and are liberal-minded. There are extremists in every religion or religious organization - all of which have had their controversies, including murder, hate crimes, terrorism, and pedophilia. The other people in the religion don't need to be stoned or shamed because others may believe or engage in unethical rhetoric or behavior. People often hold views that are contrary to the religious affiliations that they have. People - religious and non-religious, have diverse views which sometimes conform with their traditions and sometimes do not.

It's beyond me that you dismissively group them all together. None of the millions of catholics who aren't pedophiles are responsible for the priests who engaged in pedophilia; they aren't responsible for whatever the Pope does either; or what any other Catholic does. They are only responsible for their own beliefs and actions They continue living their own lives, having their faith and philosophies, going and donating to church, participating in their religious/community events, etc. So why are all the other non-extremist scientologists grouped together with the extremists and implicitly accused of believing/acting the same as them? There's a complete double standard here with this group of people (scientologists), and I just can't reconcile (rightly) trashing a right-wing, anti-gay, corrupt sect and targeting and trashing all other individuals who don't engage or accept the extremists' views. You're basically engaging in what you criticize, and targeting/discriminating against people just because they believe in something weird (which is the case for billions of people the world over). Don't you see this?
$cientology isn't a religion. It's a mind control cult preying on societies. Per hubbard's cultist indoctrination methods, a $cientologist's first loyalty is to hubbard and $cientology with DM (David Miscavige) somewhere in the mix too as "COB." That means family, friends and acquaintances are disposable as the ends justifies the means.

All $cientologists are required to obediently follow what hubbard wrote. There is no middle ground under threat of losing your "eternity" should a $cientologist do the unthinkable, actually start to doubt hubbard and $cientology. Hubbard wrote "Policies" that are to be followed to the letter, hence the draconian fanaticism inherent in $cientology. That means according to hubbard, don't be afraid to hurt another in a just cause (furthering $cientology) and $cio's have gone to incredible lengths to do just that. Smear campaigns, manufacturing false evidence, cover-ups, outright lying, manipulation, terroristic threats to instill fear, murder, whatever it takes to ruin people into silence while deceiving the public into believing $cientology is a "benign moral" organization. These tactics in $cientology are called Fair Game and Dead Agenting.

The below is hubbard in his own words.

screenshot-256.png

Screenshot-255.png

Those are real "policies" hubbard put in place that are applied daily by $cientologists.

One of OSA's (Office of Special Affairs) objectives is to make hubbard and $cientology "acceptable" to the general public. So OSA uses the "religious persecution" cover to garner sympathy from the uninformed.

A bit more information.

l-ron-hubbard-fraud.jpg

Screen-Shot-2014-02-10-at-12.12.38-AM.png

lrhgays.jpg

Here's hubbards twisted b.s. regarding LGBT's.
elli_ad_med.jpg

ebOq9Ks.jpg

Unfortunately $cientologists don't realize they are in a cult and as such enable horrific abuses. They're carefully trained and indoctrinated to not listen to anything negative about $cientology so they can "Keep $cientology Working," (KSW). Here's an excerpt from that link.

L. Ron Hubbard said:
"When somebody enrolls, consider he or she has joined up for the duration of the universe—never permit an “open-minded” approach. If they’re going to quit let them quit fast. If they enrolled, they’re aboard, and if they’re aboard, they’re here on the same terms as the rest of us—win or die in the attempt. Never let them be half-minded about being Scientologists. The finest organizations in history have been tough, dedicated organizations. Not one namby-pamby bunch of pantywaist dilettantes have ever made anything. It’s a tough universe. The social veneer makes it seem mild. But only the tigers survive—and even they have a hard time. We’ll survive because we are tough and are dedicated. When we do instruct somebody properly he becomes more and more tiger. When we instruct half-mindedly and are afraid to offend, scared to enforce, we don’t make students into good Scientologists and that lets everybody down. When Mrs. Pattycake comes to us to be taught, turn that wandering doubt in her eye into a fixed, dedicated glare and she’ll win and we’ll all win. Humor her and we all die a little. The proper instruction attitude is, “You’re here so you’re a Scientologist. Now we’re going to make you into an expert auditor no matter what happens. We’d rather have you dead than incapable.”

Fit that into the economics of the situation and lack of adequate time and you see the cross we have to bear.

But we won’t have to bear it forever. The bigger we get the more economics and time we will have to do our job. And the only things which can prevent us from getting that big fast are areas in from One to Ten. Keep those in mind and we’ll be able to grow. Fast. And as we grow, our shackles will be less and less. Failing to keep One to Ten will make us grow less.

So the ogre which might eat us up is not the government or the High Priests. It’s our possible failure to retain and practice our technology.

An Instructor or Supervisor or Executive must challenge with ferocity instances of “unworkability.” They must uncover what did happen, what was run and what was done or not done.

If you have One and Two, you can only acquire Three for all by making sure of all the rest.

We’re not playing some minor game in Scientology. It isn’t cute or something to do for lack of something better.

The whole agonized future of this planet, every man, woman and child on it, and your own destiny for the next endless trillions of years depend on what you do here and now with and in Scientology.

This is a deadly serious activity. And if we miss getting out of the trap now, we may never again have another chance.

Remember, this is our first chance to do so in all the endless trillions of years of the past. Don’t muff it now because it seems unpleasant or unsocial to do Seven, Eight, Nine and Ten.

Do them and we’ll win."

L. Ron Hubbard
Founder

That is the beginning of Machiavellian cultist indoctrination and that KSW "policy" is in every course pack. In summation, I don't buy your aww shucks, leave those harmless $cientologists alone, they aren't hurting anyone. Yes, they are. $cientology itself and through its front groups targets the general public, school children, the mentally ill (under certain conditions), addicts and their families, celebrities because they are financially wealthy furthering their cultist "public relations," people with large sums of money ready for the taking, governments and politicians, anyone who doesn't know better than to avoid a cult.

Back on topic, Laura Prepon is a liar spinning "acceptable truths" (lies) to the public.

Last edited:

Francois Tremblay

Patron with Honors

Amber62, by your reasoning, then, everything can be rationalized as being the result of individual prejudice, and there can be no such thing as official church doctrine or official policies of any organization. Don't you realize how silly that is?

Veda

Sponsor

I just came across this thread looking up Laura interviews. There was a post here claiming Tom Cruise and Laura Prepon are linked, and just wanted to point out that it was false; Laura herself rebuked that tabloid rumor:

"It's just so funny that, when people don't know, they just make stuff up, [like] apparently I'm dating Tom Cruise right now. And apparently he doesn't want me doing the show because I portray a lesbian and I'm a Scientologist.This is false; where are they even getting this stuff? It's unbelievable to me."

Are you Laura Prepon's publicist?

_____________​

Two "celebrity" Scientologists applying similar "PR handlings" to "wogs."

Scientology celebrity Juliette Lewis (age 40, born into Scientology) did a recent interview with Vanity Fair magazine and was asked about Xenu, space aliens, etc.

She explained that some people are confusing Hubbard's science fiction works with his studies that have nothing to do with science fiction.

Notice the use of the "buttons" of "hatred," "prejudice," "religion," and other standard attributes of a Scientology PR damage control handling.

The actual interview it is located here:
http://www.vanityfair.com/online/oscars/2010/12/juliette-lewis.html

There is another article about the interview here:
http://www.sodahead.com/entertainment/can-you-be-a-christian-scientologist/question-1380577/

--------------------------------------------------------------

Interviwer questions in bold. Juliette Lewis' responses are in green:

I’m not sure how to segue into this, so I’ll just come out and ask. You’re a Scientologist, right?

I am, yeah.

Do you celebrate Christmas? I’ve never been sure about that. Does Christmas count as a Scientology holiday?

Oh yeah. We absolutely celebrate Christmas.

So you have a tree with ornaments and eggnog and presents and Christmas carols that aren't about Xenu?

I’m a Christian! [Beautifully done instant change of subject, which "worked" on the "wog."] I think there’s so much confusion because people don’t understand a religion...

It’s about understanding one’s self and others and compassion and how to communicate better and how to live in this troubled society. It’s really basic, common sense stuff. It has nothing to do with all this funny folklore that surrounds it...

Do you believe your ancestors were reincarnated aliens?

That’s not been a part of my experience, no. (Laughs.)

So... you don’t believe you came from aliens?

I was thinking about where that idea came from, and I was like, 'Oh, maybe it’s because [L. Ron] Hubbard was a successful science fiction writer, so they’re confusing his science fiction with his other studies that have nothing to do with science fiction...

...The one thing that troubles me is when rumor becomes hatred and prejudice towards a group of people. That’s when it becomes scary, when you have people trying to take away other people’s right to practice a religion of your own choosing...

__________​

Another example:

Jump ahead to 3:55 in this interview of Scientology Celebrity, and Scientologist her entire life, Kate Caberano (born 1966), and her husband. The subject of Christmas didn't come up, but there was a question about "aliens." Compare the answer to JL's answer. This is pat PR.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KTTirB9ZFo

Perhaps someone can assemble a collection of clips of Scientology Celebrities lying about Scientology, especially about "aliens," "OT 3," and "Xenu," ...the fraudulent cloak of religion ...and homosexuality.

_________​

Scientologists receive training in how to lie convincingly.

It's considered a skill.

Terril park

Sponsor

In general I agree with your viewpoint. I am a independent
and very liberal Scientologist.

It is the case that Scientologists are persuaded to toe
various party lines on what to think of certain issues so many
follow this line of thought that gays are bad people. Its
part of scientology scripture. Paul Haggis a fairly major
Scn celebrity certainly did not.

Its interesting how much damage to COS's image such
celebrities do, first Paul, then Maria Pressley and Leah
Remini. I'm waiting for Tom Cruise :).

To illustrate the power of peer pressure, or something
like it, see how even in liberal Holland some find it OK to
give death threats to gays.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/739275/Dutch-watchdog-OK-send-gay-people-death-threats-Muslim

Many on this forum have had very bad experiences in
Scn and are not very tolerant of any view that isn't
completely critical of the religion and the organisation.

phenomanon

Canyon

I confess to not having read this whole thread.
I have known several gay people in Scientology. For example., Richard Colemen was a Class 8 and as Gay as could be. Hector Carmona was top Reg at CC for years and was gay as could be. There were others. There were a number of LGBTs at CCLA. The way it worked when I was auditing in PAC, was a Gay person was given a contract to sign that said that he/she would not engage in Homosexual activities as long as they were onlines.
Gordie Konkle, Jr. committed suicide because he was unacceptable in the eyes of COS. So did OT4 Robert Griffin.
AFAIK, as long as the matter did not come up as an "item", it was not addressed. If the PC brought it up, or it read on a correction list or somewhere,
then it got the hell handled out of it, and the PC was thought of as a DB.
Mileage varied on this. If you were a Celebrity, or had lots of money, you were good to go. If you were just an ordinary person, you would get hassled until you left or were declared. Or committed suicide.
That was my personal experience.
Hope this helps.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP

<snip>

Many on this forum have had very bad experiences in
Scn and are not very tolerant of any view that isn't
completely critical of the religion and the organisation.

If you went onto an online forum for Holocaust Survivors and posted your success stories as a neo-Nazi and actively recruited new members you probably wouldn't experience much tolerance either. :no:
[STRIKE]
[STRIKE]I'm sure that that wouldn't deter you though.[/STRIKE] [/STRIKE] Merry Christmas. :yes:

Last edited:

Hypatia

Pagan

I have known several gay people in Scientology. For example., Richard Colemen was a Class 8 and as Gay as could be. Hector Carmona was top Reg at CC for years and was gay as could be. There were others. There were a number of LGBTs at CCLA. The way it worked when I was auditing in PAC, was a Gay person was given a contract to sign that said that he/she would not engage in Homosexual activities as long as they were onlines.
Gordie Konkle, Jr. committed suicide because he was unacceptable in the eyes of COS. So did OT4 Robert Griffin.
AFAIK, as long as the matter did not come up as an "item", it was not addressed. If the PC brought it up, or it read on a correction list or somewhere,
Mileage varied on this. If you were a Celebrity, or had lots of money, you were good to go. If you were just an ordinary person, you would get hassled until you left or were declared. Or committed suicide.
Hope this helps.

I guess that explains Travolta, right?

Veda

Sponsor

Laura Prepon is a member in good standing of the Scientology organization.

She did an interview with Scientology's Celebrity magazine just last year, and encourages people to join.

Unfortunately, most of the people following her advice are not pampered "celebrities" but ordinary people who, courtesy of Scientology, eventually find themselves impoverished, abused, estranged from their families, and psychologically lost.

When this happens, such people are regarded as "down stats" and ignored.

It's possible that she may be a clueless "Scientology Celebrity," but more likely that she's been taken aside, as have other "Scientology celebrities," and "briefed," and probably "drilled," on how to "handle" "natter" and "false data" from "DBs" ["Degraded Beings"], "SPs" ["Suppressive Persons"], and "Wogs" ["garden variety humanoids"].

Another "Scientology Celebrity," Juliette Lewis, interacts with Mark Bunker around 3:24 of the above video.

[video=youtube;qTzIRaBNQiQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTzIRaBNQiQ[/video]

" 'I'm not being hurt, so what do I care'. That's generally the attitude that I find."

Hypatia

Pagan

Amber,

I think it could possibly be explained like this: there are nice good Scientologists. They are individuals. But they get indoctrinated and pressured every day. Anytime they show any sign of not being with the program or status quo, someone pounces on them. The pressure comes from many different directions in Scientology, course supervisors, people who oversee auditing (counseling) sessions, random staffers, random public, lots. They're made to compromise themselves.

Most ex members have had people disconnect from them. It was the majority; it happened most of the time. One hears of a very scant few who refused to disconnect and it's so rare. They get kicked out for it, too.

Every single person who leaves before their staff contract expires is handed a freeloader debt. (A bill for all the services they did while on staff) . This means that this happens all over the world. Totally different "senior" staff all handing down these abusive bills.

Everyone who does does more than a couple intro shitty ass little nothing Scio courses, if they get pretty far into it, gets messed with. Every single one.

This all means that bullshit is happening every day everywhere in Scientology. And who commits those deeds? Scientologists.

Thats how cults are. You're not talking about a book discussion group that has one jerk in it. Or even a large organization that has had a number of things happen. No, the "church" of Scientology is a cult. It acts like cults act. Cults have widespread abusive practices. Cults have specific stern rules and they have people in power who always look for new ways to keep their boots on people's necks.

Read about FLDS sometime. Or Children of God. Or any truly cultic group. They make it hard to leave to the point of sometimes using force. They control basic needs like food, shelter and sexuality. They all extort money.

And here's the kicker: they make members into oppressors and oppressed at the same time-the same people.This fucks with people's heads.

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Laura Prepon is a member in good standing of the Scientology organization.

She did an interview with Scientology's Celebrity magazine just last year, and encourages people to join.

Unfortunately, most of the people following her advice are not pampered "celebrities" but ordinary people who, courtesy of Scientology, eventually find themselves impoverished, abused, estranged from their families, and psychologically lost.

When this happens, such people are regarded as "down stats" and ignored.

It's possible that she may be a clueless "Scientology Celebrity," but more likely that she's been taken aside, as have other "Scientology celebrities," and "briefed," and probably "drilled," on how to "handle" "natter" and "false data" from "DBs" ["Degraded Beings"], "SPs" ["Suppressive Persons"], and "Wogs" ["garden variety humanoids"].

Another "Scientology Celebrity," Juliette Lewis, interacts with Mark Bunker around 3:24 of the above video.

[video=youtube;qTzIRaBNQiQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTzIRaBNQiQ[/video]

" 'I'm not being hurt, so what do I care'.
That's generally the attitude that I find."

Excellent!

Another perfect example of OT. Oblivious Thetan.

Here's a re-print of a post from the Stupid Thread dated September 1, 2013:

---------

And now for one of the most absurd and telling STUPIDS in all of Scientology's ridiculously hypocritical history.

Scientologists claim that they:

* Use the tech of knowing how to know.

* Have the ability to confront suppression

* Are the most ethical beings on the planet.

* Are the only ones taking total responsibility for the universe.

Yet, they are observably afraid to actually do any of those wonderful things (above) they so proudly claim--and are quite terrified to even Google things that are happening around them in Scientology.

Here is a brilliant interview done by the intrepid journalist Mark Bunker while gathering footage for his upcoming documentary "KNOWLEDGE REPORT". In particular, take a look at the shocking non-responses he gets from Scientology OT and celebrity
Ethan Suplee, from minute 1:00 until 3:10 when OT Ethan [STRIKE]blows[/STRIKE] exteriorizes from the interview.

[video=youtube;qTzIRaBNQiQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTzIRaBNQiQ[/video]​

(starting at 1:00; verbatim)

BUNKER: I was just curious if you read the New Yorker magazine article about Paul Haggis?

OT: I didn't.

BUNKER: Have you heard about the, you know, the stories of David Miscavich--

OT: (prematurely answers) I haven't.

BUNKER: …physically beating people on staff?

OT: I haven't.

BUNKER: Did you ever go to Marty Rathbun's blog, "Moving Up a Little Higher"?

OT: No.

BUNKER: He's a former executive. He and Mike Rinder used to be in charge of the Office--

OT: (interrupts) I don't know any of those people

BUNKER: So if David Miscavich was beating staff--

OT: (interrupts) I, I, I don't know anything about that.

BUNKER: Are you interested, now that you've heard that, would you be interested in Googling that at some point?

OT: No (snickers)

BUNKER: No? You, I mean you have no interest in finding out whether David Miscavige--

OT: (interrupts) None at all.

BUNKER: Really?

OT: Yeah.

BUNKER: Alright. I find that interesting, that there are people being held captive--

OT: I doubt that

BUNKER: …at the gold base. Yeah, theres people that had to escape, like Marty Rathbun.

OT: Problems in Afghanistan, man! Big issues in Afghanistan.

There you have it! The utter self-deceit and fraud of "OT abilities"--laid bare for all the world to see.

Also notoriously absent were the chest-thumping boasts of "total responsibility", "valor", "humanitarian" and the effete attempts to prove it with clownish jumbo medallions.

Even if we momentarily ignore the cosmic claims of paranormal OT powers, how about the more mundane, purported Grade I result--
The ability to recognize the source of problems and make them vanish? No problem! Ethan went right to the source of the COB beatings (Afghanistan) and then made himself vanish.

CommunicatorIC

Hope this helps.
In other words, homophobic and biased and discriminatory against gays. At best, it is "ok" to be gay if one: (a) does not actually engage in gay sex; or (b) has sufficient money or celebrity to essentially buy one's way out of trouble.

Because making someone contractually promise not to engage in gay sex is completely consistent with equality and acceptance of LGBT people. :duh:

At worst, suicide because one is not acceptable in the eyes of the Church of Scientology.

The fact that, as Tony Ortega has repeatedly pointed out, the rules are routinely stretched, suspended, and broken for celebrities and the rich does not mean they do not apply to other people. All it does is add economic and celebrity discrimination on top of the discrimination and bias against LGBT people.

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

In other words, homophobic and biased and discriminatory against gays. At best, it is "ok" if one is gay if one: (a) does not actually engage in gay sex; or (b) has sufficient money or celebrity to essentially buy one's way out of trouble.

Because making someone contractually promise not to engage in gay sex is completely consistent with equality and acceptance of LTBT people. :duh:

The fact, as Tony Ortega has repeatedly pointed out, that the rules are routinely stretched, suspended, and broken for celebrities and the rich does not mean they do not apply to other people. All it does is add economic and celebrity discrimination on top of the discrimination and bias against LGBT people.

Exactly!

In some ways, Scientology's address of the "gay problem" is not unlike that of the US military which invokes a policy known as DADT ("Don't Ask, Don't Tell").

Following these successful actions the COS has enacted a policy of DSDI ("Don't Seccheck, Don't Itsa").

Unless the cocksucker (figuratively and literally) is neither a celebrity nor rich. Then, they become an "out-ethics particle" who is unceremoniously routed to ethics to make up the damage[SUP]1[/SUP] for having "sabotaged" Ron's "Bridge" and "Mankind's Only Hope".

The cult's public policy on gays/lesbians is essentially identical to its position on Christianity--in that it holds that Scientology is compatible with all other religions[SUP]2[/SUP].
[SUP].[/SUP][SUP]

1[/SUP]
"make up the damage" - idiom: [TRANSLATION] ScientologySpeak for: Here's a higher tech estimate to accommodate not only your despicably aberrated homosexual intentions, but to audit out your newly acquired misemotions of shame, blame, regret & self-hatred.

[SUP]2[/SUP] "compatible with all other religions": [TRANSLATION] ScientologySpeak for: Our religion scientifically proves that your religion is a fucking implant; but since we believe in the tech of gradients and shore stories, we'll give you a grace period to discover KSW and the dark wholetrack criminal origins of your ridiculous belief in Jesus rather than accepting the proven science of Xenu.

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander

. . .
From what I've read and heard, Rex Fowler got pulled off of solo OT7 and subjected
to 22 to 27 intensives (unclear) of sec checking because he wanted to build and develop
a blog, a website where gay OTs could meet and socialize. I think OSA nipped that one
in the bud.

Rex is paying the price for his open interest in the subject. A whole tragic story there.
:shrug:

HelluvaHoax!

. . .
From what I've read and heard, Rex Fowler got pulled off of solo OT7 and subjected
to 22 to 27 intensives (unclear) of sec checking because he wanted to build and develop
a blog, a website where gay OTs could meet and socialize.

Whoa!

I thought you must be parodying Scientology.

Um, Poe's Law or some junk. I'll have to go look that one up. . .

-----5 minutes later-----

HolyHell!

www.//http:eek:tsdontletotssetupgaywebsites.com

Free Being Me

Crusader

Exactly!

In some ways, Scientology's address of the "gay problem" is not unlike that of the US military which invokes a policy known as DADT ("Don't Ask, Don't Tell").

Following these successful actions the COS has enacted a policy of DSDI ("Don't Seccheck, Don't Itsa").

Unless the cocksucker (figuratively and literally) is neither a celebrity nor rich. Then, they become an "out-ethics particle" who is unceremoniously routed to ethics to make up the damage[SUP]1[/SUP] for having "sabotaged" Ron's "Bridge" and "Mankind's Only Hope".

The cult's public policy on gays/lesbians is essentially identical to its position on Christianity--in that it holds that Scientology is compatible with all other religions[SUP]2[/SUP].
[SUP].[/SUP][SUP]

1[/SUP]
"make up the damage" - idiom: [TRANSLATION] ScientologySpeak for: Here's a higher tech estimate to accommodate not only your despicably aberrated homosexual intentions, but to audit out your newly acquired misemotions of shame, blame, regret & self-hatred.

[SUP]2[/SUP] "compatible with all other religions": [TRANSLATION] ScientologySpeak for: Our religion scientifically proves that your religion is a fucking implant; but since we believe in the tech of gradients and shore stories, we'll give you a grace period to discover KSW and the dark wholetrack criminal origins of your ridiculous belief in Jesus rather than accepting the proven science of Xenu.

The conversation on this thread reminds me of Elcon's gay son, Quentin Hubbard, sadly committing suicide back in 1976 (or perhaps he was murdered, IDK). I wonder if Elcon tried to "fix" Quentin from being gay?

Last edited: