What's new

Key to Life secret EP and the real purpose Scientology wants you to do this course

GE cmdr

Patron with Honors
Re: Key to Life secret EP and the real purpose Scientology wants you to do this cours

I don't know about that...It's 2016 and still many OT's have not done KTL or LOC. Not sure if the info there is 100% accurate.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Re: Key to Life secret EP and the real purpose Scientology wants you to do this cours

I think that assessment is rubbish. There's lots on ESMB about KTL and LOC.

Paul

Chris Shelton

Patron with Honors

I was a KTL/LOC supervisor for years in the early 1990s. I don't agree with Mike Gormez's assessment of what KTL is all about.

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron

In one of those posts dated 1996 it says KTL/LOC are prerequisites for the OT levels.

That's not true. I did the OT levels in the 1990s and I haven't done KTL or LOC.

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron

Key to Life and Life Orientation Course (LOC) have been removed or nuked out of existence.
They are no longer services anyone can purchase or take.

They were found to be off-Source ! LOL

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

CONFESSION: I don't know what this thread's about. No idea. I tried to look at the link in the OP but found it too painful to invest any time/effort. And I am a person who loves reading and consumes written material every day.

But, despite not having a clue about what anyone could possibly say about KTL/LOC that would be relevant to modern-day Scn (since it is my understanding that they don't sell/deliver those courses any more) I will post this.

profile_education_08_ktl-material.jpg

This is why I think KTL/LOC is indescribably stupid in 3 words.

1. It's Confidential. LOL (In God's name, what for?)

2. It's supposed to be somehow be Cosmic.

3. It's comprised of Cartoons.

Maybe I should add a 4th "C" word. Clownish!

What possible purpose could there be in selling adults a Course of Cartoons--other than the Church Collecting Cash?

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron

CONFESSION: I don't know what this thread's about. No idea. I tried to look at the link in the OP but found it too painful to invest any time/effort. And I am a person who loves reading and consumes written material every day.

But, despite not having a clue about what anyone could possibly say about KTL/LOC that would be relevant to modern-day Scn (since it is my understanding that they don't sell/deliver those courses any more) I will post this.

profile_education_08_ktl-material.jpg

This is why I think KTL/LOC is indescribably stupid in 3 words.

1. It's Confidential. LOL (In God's name, what for?)

2. It's supposed to be somehow be Cosmic.

3. It's comprised of Cartoons.

Maybe I should add a 4th "C" word. Clownish!

What possible purpose could there be in selling adults a Course of Cartoons--other than the Church Collecting Cash?

Yep. They got the cash and even more cash for some setups intensives which I had them name the auditor would could deliver the auditing and and and. Of course a name was given so I gave the cash.
And then Crash.
No auditor
No courses
Credit line creeked and broke
More crash
So what next?
KTL supervisor came to me desperate for help on her lower conditions. Lol
= CCC + CCCCCC church collecting cash + cruel con crashed case collapsed church
Bridge to total cockup

Veda

Sponsor

11p-2.jpg

I wonder if the idea of having the texts resemble books for preschoolers was inspired by 1950s Red Chinese Communist thought-reform re-education, where a person - even if he was a university professor - was regarded as an an ignorant child "in the Revolution," in need of being re-educated "from the ground up" with similar (but much cruder) "kiddie books."

I saw the prototype 'KTL' materials years ago (simple black and white cartoon drawings on 'foolscap'-sized paper), and the 'KTL' Supervisor's Course. (Hubbard had a very low opinion of those in need doing the course, which seemed to include everyone - except himself.)

My first impression (as I remember it) was that I had already studied grammar, and also such things as the meanings of "little words," and that I wasn't interested in being told that I was functionally illiterate ("sub literate"?) and chronically out-of-valence, in need of being de-"PTS"-ed to Scientology by doing clay demos.

No doubt, looking up words, etc. helped some people, and - for some Sea Org - it might have been regarded as a pleasant time out from the drudgery, but I wasn't interested.

The follow up course seemed even less appealing to me, and was probably "over-kill."

There was just too much "help a little/control a lot" mind-manipulation occurring in Scientology. It had gone beyond saturation levels, and some people were jumping ship.

For Hubbard's mind-manipulation cult to succeed, the proper ratio of "solvent" (abreaction/catharsis, cognitions, "wins," :happydance:) to "glue" (indoctrination/"brainwashing") had to be maintained.

This was probably achieved in the early/mid 1970s when Hubbard had his mental-healing-coated (and infused) totalist-model personality-cult up and running at full clip.

________​

Sometime later, I learned that this course was confidential and placing great emphasis on these kiddie books being studied in their proper sequence. I still find it hard to believe that it was "confidential." Was it?, or did I hear wrong?

"Confidentiality" - proclaimed in publicly displayed, official looking, notices and signs - is yet another gimmick used to make others more malleable and suggestible.

And they're still doing it:

GATIISign.jpg

I don't find it unbelievable that someone might improve his word comprehension skills through this course as, at one time I found doing the Student Hat to be useful for the same reason, particularly when looking up the definitions of little words, such as "of," etc. It was useful, but not "life changing," and I didn't consider that I was "capable of comprehension (of words) for the first time," etc., or that I had become someone other than whom I had been as a result, nor did I ever - just to mention it - want to become a "different person."

Yet, the "Success Stories" from this course, which I read in the promo sent out by Scientology, presented a stream of accounts of those who "can now comprehend for the first time," and account after account of people becoming 'a completely different person," etc.

I also noticed that many of the folks writing these "success stories" were already Clear, or OT 3, or OT 7, sometimes Class V, or Class VI, or even Class VIII. All had done the Student Hat, some had done Method I Word Clearing, etc. A fair number were college graduates, or beyond, including a couple of PhDs.

And to top it off, at the end of the two course program, they read Hubbard's 'The Factors'.(Hubbard's re-write of Crowley's 'Naples Arrangement' - itself a restatement of an earlier Kabbalistic/mystical statement). 'The Factors' ends with the words, "humbly tendered as a gift to Man," to seal the deal, and show them how profound has been their voyage from Non-Scientology-non-enlightened confused preschooler to genuine IN-Scientology-grown-up person.

My impression, then - and I was then no longer in $cientology - is that this was the usual Scientology mix of something that (at least appears to) (may) be of benefit to a person (and God help you if, while, IN Scientology, you suggest that it isn't, or that it's not very important.)

The KTL almost seemed like a "soft" RPF (or serving a similar function, "break 'em down, build 'em back up") , but for everyone, not just Sea Org members. (Am not invalidating anyone's gains here, just looking at the glue side of the solvent/glue formula.)

Of course, this was only my impression of the KTL/LOC from a distance. :)

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron

I remember KTL/LOC being announced as the final step to achieving planetary clearing.:hysterical:

GE cmdr

Patron with Honors

I feel that info in the link was one of those things that was written for the crowd that will accept any info so long as it is against Scientology.

George Layton

Silver Meritorious Patron

I feel that info in the link was one of those things that was written for the crowd that will accept any info so long as it is against Scientology.

Isn't that the exact opposite of a scientologist?

After all of the above it looks like the "Key to Life" was not to take the course.

Out/Int

Patron with Honors

I was a KTL/LOC supervisor for years in the early 1990s. I don't agree with Mike Gormez's assessment of what KTL is all about.

I found it to be accurate.

In your opinion, What is it all about?

Out/Int

Patron with Honors

Come to PT GE - we are on an Ex Scientology Message Board.

What do you think the Key to Life Course is all about? What was the goal - to help you with your ENGLISH? lol:whistling:

GE cmdr

Patron with Honors

Come to PT GE - we are on an Ex Scientology Message Board.

Yes but if you refuse to think about something critically just because you like the idea behind it, you really are no better than a Sea Org member.

What do you think the Key to Life Course is all about? What was the goal - to help you with your ENGLISH? lol:whistling:

Like many things within the church, i believe it to be an overkill solution to a very small problem.

Out/Int

Patron with Honors

It would be better if you could give a summary rather than just a link.

Otherwise its it's hard to tell whether I want to bother following the link. I chose not to, but if you'd made an interesting case I might have done.

Are you interested in learning about how L "Con" Ron Hubbard trapped you in Scientology and got you to do things you would not have done, had you had all of the information?

I believe, after researching various mind controlling techniques, that Scientology uses the BITE Model - from Steve Hassan - to control members. Behavior, Information, Thought and Emotion control.

Overtly - Scientology Sells courses to "improve your life"

Study tech - is simply to introduce the "loaded language" and get you to think in Scientologese. Also to wrap your mind (concept and ideas) around Scientology tech so that you BELIEVE everything they tell you without checking it out for yourself.

Covertly - Scientology slowly takes over your life and manipulates you into giving up all of your money, shattering your dreams and using you for slave labor.

Think of a giant BUG that feeds off of its victims.

It puts up props - Hollywood sets - Big beautiful buildings, glossy promo and Videos bragging about helping humanity.... but behind the scene - it is going to slowly attach a tentacle or fang into you and feed off of your efforts, money and life.

The results are devastating to most people.

there are a few victims that still think that hollywood set is real and they liked it....the fangs were never inserted deep enough.

KTL and LOC were two methods.

I believe they don't use it anymore because they don't want people on one course too long - they can do it with other methods.

F.Bullbait

Oh, a wise guy,eh?

Scientology once again proves itself right by making Desire superior to Have.

:)

Lulu Belle

Moonbat

Key to Life and Life Orientation Course (LOC) have been removed or nuked out of existence.
They are no longer services anyone can purchase or take.

They were found to be off-Source ! LOL

Karen,

Do you know the real reason(s) why the courses aren't around?

I have my own opinion...I'd be curious if anyone has any background on this.