What's new

Who I Am

Buddah Lips

Patron
As a new participant on this board it is apparent to me that the few opinions I have expressed are being dissected by some. I wish to clarify my position.

I hate the Church of Scientology. I hate the wasted years, the 20+ hour/7 days a week for little or no pay. I hate the lies, deceptions, coercions and hypocrisy. The deeper I got in the more evident it became that it was all just a money machine, a cult enslaving others to gain their own greedy ends. I was lucky to have a post which allowed me a modicum of personal freedom and was able to maintain an exterior view of what was happening to me. I got out and have stayed out for 40 years.

But I can't deny how good it felt to have a purpose. I can't deny how good it felt to work with intelligent, caring people who wanted to make a positive difference. I can't deny watching 2nd degree burn blisters disappear before my eyes when using a contact assist. I have yet to find any person, philosophy or organization that is 100% pure evil.

I decided to participate here because I remember the good people I knew 40 years ago. I see that some are in, some are out, and many have been trampled on. I have no desire to reconnect to the church or it's tech. I am not an apologist for the church. All the world's religions have massive amounts of blood on their hands and I want nothing to do with any of them. If any I knew in the past wish to speak to me I welcome them. Peace.

JohnnytheOT

As a new participant on this board it is apparent to me that the few opinions I have expressed are being dissected by some. I wish to clarify my position.

I hate the Church of Scientology. I hate the wasted years, the 20+ hour/7 days a week for little or no pay. I hate the lies, deceptions, coercions and hypocrisy. The deeper I got in the more evident it became that it was all just a money machine, a cult enslaving others to gain their own greedy ends. I was lucky to have a post which allowed me a modicum of personal freedom and was able to maintain an exterior view of what was happening to me. I got out and have stayed out for 40 years.

But I can't deny how good it felt to have a purpose. I can't deny how good it felt to work with intelligent, caring people who wanted to make a positive difference. I can't deny watching 2nd degree burn blisters disappear before my eyes when using a contact assist. I have yet to find any person, philosophy or organization that is 100% pure evil.

I decided to participate here because I remember the good people I knew 40 years ago. I see that some are in, some are out, and many have been trampled on. I have no desire to reconnect to the church or it's tech. I am not an apologist for the church. All the world's religions have massive amounts of blood on their hands and I want nothing to do with any of them. If any I knew in the past wish to speak to me I welcome them. Peace.

If you only knew how happy Ron was when I read your post to him you would be elated.

He asked me to mention to you that the most difficult thing to do in this world, is to love those who are not deserving of it. 'Love heals all wounds' he said.

Much love,
Johnny8

NeXTep

Patron with Honors

How does that add up?
Did you mean 20+ years on staff and 40 years out?
That would mean you started between 1950 and 1952, if I am doing the math correctly.
There was not even a CofS at that time.
Much less where there 7 days a week work.
Did I misunderstand something?

Smilla

Ordinary Human

Welcome to the forum - hope you are well and happy in the present.

uncover

Gold Meritorious Patron
How does that add up?
That would mean you started between 1950 and 1952, if I am doing the math correctly.
I think Buddah Lips is referring to this thread:
http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?28310-70s-COSMOD-Delphi-Portland-Newcomer
where Buddah Lips is searching for old classmates from Delphi-school:
I was a student at Delphi from 1977-1981 and 1986-1989.

Buddah Lips

Patron
How does that add up?

I was in the church from 09/72 to approximately 10/75. About 1 1/2 years of that on staff. Alright, I was rounding up. I've been out 37 years. While on staff I absolutely worked 20+ hour days and I absolutely worked seven day work weeks. All the time? No, but often enough to know I had become a slave. Do you understand now?

Demented LRH

Patron Meritorious
How does that add up?
He did not say that he was 20+ years on staff.

NeXTep

Patron with Honors
I was in the church from 09/72 to approximately 10/75. About 1 1/2 years of that on staff. Alright, I was rounding up. I've been out 37 years. While on staff I absolutely worked 20+ hour days and I absolutely worked seven day work weeks. All the time? No, but often enough to know I had become a slave. Do you understand now?

Thanks, makes sense now, was my misunderstanding. :yes:

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter

Great post!

And welcome!

Cyrus538

Hi BuddhaLips,
I moved up to Portland from the Sacramento mission in June 10 1974 and lived in the big house with other staff members and you were doing the cooking. I always wondered what happened to you and it's good to know you're still around. My first job at the mission was a comm course supervisor under Louie DaRe (?) -Cyrus538

Demented Hubbatd

Patron with Honors
How does that add up?
"40 years ago" would mean the year of 1977; CoS already existed at that time. The OP didn't write 20+ years, he wrote 20+ hours. Actually, my friend, your math is wrong.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Hi BuddhaLips,
I moved up to Portland from the Sacramento mission in June 10 1974 and lived in the big house with other staff members and you were doing the cooking. I always wondered what happened to you and it's good to know you're still around. My first job at the mission was a comm course supervisor under Louie DaRe (?) -Cyrus538

BuddhaLips hasn't posted anything here since 2012, so he might not see your message.

Welcome aboard! :cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

If you recognize somebody, clicking their name produces a drop-down menu. On the upper right of that is "View Forum Posts". Click that, and you can see their latest postings, which gives you an idea of if they are currently active.