What's new

Scientology member Joy Villa's "Make America Great Again" Trump Grammy Dress

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Scientology member Joy Villa's "Make America Great Again" Trump Grammy Dress.

Is this an effort to: (1) get attention; (2) get attention for Scientology; and/or (3) Scientology safe point President of the United States Donald Trump?

y4NSuhR.jpg

EDITED TO ADD:

It appears any effort Joy Villa might have been making to Scientology safe point President Donald Trump may have hit bit of a speed bump. People on Twitter have discovered she called Donald Trump "crazy" before the election.

https://twitter.com/Joy_Villa/status/796137229294964736

aqlFUDx.png

Last edited:

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
All of the above, with emphasis on #3.

Edited to add: And she also called Trump crazy?? How very pan-determined of her!

Last edited:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
#3 :yes:

And this wasn't Joy Villa's idea to do this. Someone probably within OSA had the bright idea to do this and brought Villa in for a briefing, letting her know that that is what she needed to do.

M

Moderator 113

A gentle reminder: this thread is in Breaking News About Scientology and not in Politics, any political posts will be moved into the Politics forum.

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
Good for her, takes balls to wear that in Hollywood ! Anyone who attacks her would be a misogynist, a racist or a Scientoligiphobe!

LOL LOL LOL!

RogerB

Crusader
Looking at the rear view of the dress . . . . I thought at first view, the word at the bottom was advertising her RUMP! :biggrin: Ummm, well, it is a rump worth studying:eyeroll:

R

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
A gentle reminder: this thread is in Breaking News About Scientology and not in Politics, any political posts will be moved into the Politics forum.

If I ask if President Trump was the designer of the dress does that constitute a political post? :unsure:

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron

And this wasn't Joy Villa's idea to do this. Someone probably within OSA had the bright idea to do this and brought Villa in for a briefing, letting her know that that is what she needed to do.

Agree 100% - Scientology has been reduced to covert dissemination ploys like this, which are a lot more cost effective than that stupid ad they also ran at the Grammys.

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
I am watching this development with great amusement. It will be interesting to see any potential fall-out.

While I applaud her for her bravery (in a venue that is typically violently antiTrump), I wonder if it will ultimately hurt her?

Also, was it her idea alone to do it? Did the cult twist her arm? Is it an amends project?

From the cult's point of view, it would look like an effort to "get in good" with the new White House. The old align-with-the-powers-that-be ploy. It would have been the same whether it was Hillary that won.
It's called kissing ass of whoever is in power.

But will it backfire?

Veda

Sponsor
Well, her publicity stunt worked. Her album is currently #1 in music sales on Amazon, while before this she was pretty obscure.

According to a report, her album went from number 500,043 to number 3 almost overnight.

Must be a lot of Nazis out there.

Not likely to influence this New York University professor.

[video=youtube;BJa_s_2QX_c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJa_s_2QX_c[/video]

All politics aside, this looks like a desperate publicity stunt from someone whose "career" was sinking even deeper in the quicksand of oblivion.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
I am watching this development with great amusement. It will be interesting to see any potential fall-out.

While I applaud her for her bravery (in a venue that is typically violently antiTrump), I wonder if it will ultimately hurt her?

Also, was it her idea alone to do it? Did the cult twist her arm? Is it an amends project?

From the cult's point of view, it would look like an effort to "get in good" with the new White House. The old align-with-the-powers-that-be ploy. It would have been the same whether it was Hillary that won.

But will it backfire?

Heads they win, tails she loses.

If it was indeed an OSA op, then they won't care what sort of blow-back she gets, as long as it results in stats. The Scn viewpoint is that individual Scientologists are expendable.

As far as it hurting her, I think this will help her career. Getting involved in left-wing politics hurt the Dixie Chicks because most of their fans (country music) were right-wingers. Joy didn't really have much of an audience, so it doesn't matter if anti-Trumpers shun her, as long as pro-Trumpers check out her music.

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
Heads they win, tails she loses.

If it was indeed an OSA op, then they won't care what sort of blow-back she gets, as long as it results in stats. The Scn viewpoint is that individual Scientologists are expendable.

As far as it hurting her, I think this will help her career. Getting involved in left-wing politics hurt the Dixie Chicks because most of their fans (country music) were right-wingers. Joy didn't really have much of an audience, so it doesn't matter if anti-Trumpers shun her, as long as pro-Trumpers check out her music.

Apropos of nothing, Tom Cruise was probably the biggest recruitment tool the cult ever had. He was also likely the biggest tool (pun intended) for making the cult into a laughing stock. Anyone who allows this cult to use them, will ultimately just find themselves....used.

DanLocke

Patron with Honors

I don’t think so at all. No one in OSA is that smart. No one. No one there has any initiative at all and no acumen at all other than following the HCO Manual of (In)Justice, and capers like this are not part of that.

OSA deals ONLY with tearing down their "opponents" and "INVESTIGATE" and"ATTACK" are the only two verbs they are aware of. A caper such as this would have to do with promotion and making something well known and well thought of and that's nowhere to be found in any OSA directive.

Last edited:

DanLocke

Patron with Honors

But will it backfire?

I am not a fan of much current popular music. My first listens to her music leave me particularly unimpressed. My first thoughts are that these song are not well written and the arrangements sounds like an 80's electronic pop back up that I didn't like then. I imagine she's as good a vocalist as many who are popular and well paid today. But her material (to my ears) is very hard to listen to.

So, I'm guessing this artist won't attain major success until she gets some music that you want to sing with or dance to. Glad she and her designer did what they did. Compared to this, Meryl's Streep's antics took about as much courage as bringing a case of beer to a frat party. She stood up in front of a crowd of admirers and told them exactly what they wanted to hear. Zero courage in that.

These people were VERY smart to do this.

Just a guess - I’ll bet she ends up acting. Someone like Mel Gibson will give her a chance and champion her and she’ll get a career. I've watched her comport herself and I think she can act.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
It appears any effort Joy Villa might have been making to Scientology safe point President Donald Trump may have hit bit of a speed bump. People on Twitter have discovered she called Donald Trump "crazy" before the election.

https://twitter.com/Joy_Villa/status/796137229294964736

aqlFUDx.png

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

A demonstration of that rare supernatural "ability" that Scientologists have to get in front of a microphone or social media forum and BOLDLY BLURT OUT WITH UNERRING CERTAINTY a statement that is either:

An outrageous, blatant BIG LIE that can easily be disproven or impeached.

- OR -

In complete and utter contradiction to their own previous and/or later statement.

I wondered a moment why Scientologists can do that so readily and often. And then, suddenly, I remembered that within the COS they are quite used to the totalitarian rules where no one is allowed to disagree, natter or have counter/other intentioned thought crimes. Scientologists forget when they are outside of the Orwellian bubble that "wogs" and other "DBs" are not afraid of "losing their eternity" by simply looking at the internet.

Anonycat

Crusader
Well, her publicity stunt worked. Her album is currently #1 in music sales on Amazon, while before this she was pretty obscure.

That's pretty crazy! when you posted it, her sales were at 36 purchases (#1 on Amazon), or so. Now it's over a whopping 400! 20,000 units is considered a total failure by record company standards, so I didn't know if that meant #1 for the day, week month, or year ... or what their standard of measurement was. But 400 songs sold is beyond embarrassing. Here's what the true measure of music success looks like: http://www.billboard.com/charts/top-album-sales

Playing for 400 people is a good bar gig for a night.

Beyonce is at #2, so clearly, no one buys downloads on Amazon. Beyonce sold 1.051 million units, and yet on Amazon, Rumpgirl beat her by selling 2 dozen units yesterday.