What's new

Is the ARC Triangle of Any Use?

Veda

Sponsor
hqdefault.jpg

Hubbard's 'The Factors' is a re-write of Crowley's 'Naples Arrangement', complete with Hubbard's addition of "Affinity, Reality, Communication" in the same place as Crowley had inserted the yogic "Bliss, Knowledge, Being."

And Crowley's 'Naples Arrangement' was, itself, a re-write of older Kabbalistic (and other) ideas, with Crowley's addition of a bit of Yogic teaching.

Hubbard removed the earlier part of Crowley's Naples Arrangement which posits a primordial 0+ and 0- ("boy and girl" aspect to "zero") which somehow generate(d) a kind of pre-cosmic tension that begins the creation of (a) (the) universe.

However, Hubbard kept Crowley's insertion of "Bliss, Knowledge, Being" which became "Affinity, Reality, Communication."

From Crowley's 'Book of Thoth':

"These ideas of Being, Thought and Bliss [or Bliss, Knowledge, being] constitute the minimum possible qualities which a point must possess if it is to have a real sensible experience of itself..."

Gib

Crusader
hqdefault.jpg

Hubbard's 'The Factors' is a re-write of Crowley's 'Naples Arrangement', complete with Hubbard's addition of "Affinity, Reality, Communication" in the same place as Crowley had inserted the yogic "Bliss, Knowledge, Being."

And Crowley's 'Naples Arrangement' was, itself, a re-write of older Kabbalistic (and other) ideas, with Crowley's addition of a bit of Yogic teaching.

Hubbard removed the earlier part of Crowley's Naples Arrangement which posits a primordial 0+ and 0- ("boy and girl" aspect to "zero") which somehow generate(d) a kind of pre-cosmic tension that begins the creation of (a) (the) universe.

However, Hubbard kept Crowley's insertion of "Bliss, Knowledge, Being" which became "Affinity, Reality, Communication."

"These ideas of Being, Thought and Bliss [or Bliss, Knowledge, being] constitute the minimum possible qualities which a point must possess if it is to have a real sensible experience of itself..."

well. when I researched "Naples Arrangement" I came up with this:

http://www.corax.com/tarot/index.html?naples-arrangement

That website does explain Hubbards PDC lectures and The Factors and other such bullshit from Hubbard. Who would have known it is based on Tarot?

If I had known from the beginning of my involvement that Hubbard was part of this shit, why I would have told them all to kiss my ass. But therein is Hubbard's use of Rhetoric to persuade. He didn't tell the truth, but told that he was science based, and his brainchild known as the COS is even a Applied Religious Philosophy.

Well Ron - kiss my ass, asshole! There are no clears or OT's, you fucking idiot, Ron.

Last edited:

Gib

Crusader
well. when I researched "Naples Arrangement" I came up with this:

http://www.corax.com/tarot/index.html?naples-arrangement

That website does explain Hubbards PDC lectures and The Factors and other such bullshit from Hubbard. Who would have known it is based on Tarot?

If I had known from the beginning of my involvement that Hubbard was part of this shit, why I would have told them all to kiss my ass. But therein is Hubbard's use of Rhetoric to persuade. He didn't tell the truth, but told that he was science based, and his brainchild known as the COS is even a Applied Religious Philosophy.

Well Ron - kiss my ass, asshole! There are no clears or OT's, you fucking idiot, Ron.

well, Gib, Ron had to lie about his past and research, well, because who would listen to what he had to say if he told the truth, nobody would believe him since he failed at college, since he had 3 wives, etc,

better to make up things that sound plausible. LOL

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
The ARC triangle is useful as window dressing; a gauzy thin feel-good concept that obscures the malevolence that lies at the core of Scientology.
It's part of the "acceptable truth" that the fanatical psycho-political cult relys upon in order to seem rational,
If Scientologists actually believed in free and open communication, they wouldn't freeze at the thought of Googling Scientology. But they're great at talking about their abilities. They just can't quite ever demonstrate 'em.

The ONLY thing that Scientology has achieved in it's 7 decades is untold suffering, and massive corruption of law enforcement, and the legal justice system in the U.S.

The way it is applied by Scientologists is often manipulative and insincere along the lines of Big League Sales Closing Techniques. What is the underlying motivation behind the ARC?

If a newbie walks into an org, they have little R-Reality on the person until they get them to submit to a Personality Test. So they use the A-Affinity leg of the 3 legged stool with love bombing. Once they have love bombed them into getting enough R then they know upon which points to C-Communicate in order to get them to buy a book, provide contact info and routed onto course.

Like everything else in Scientology, even if it has a nominally workable premise the ethics and motivation behind it's application gets twisted.

Gib

Crusader
well, Gib, Ron had to lie about his past and research, well, because who would listen to what he had to say if he told the truth, nobody would believe him since he failed at college, since he had 3 wives, etc,

better to make up things that sound plausible. LOL

OMG, you're right, people have been lying about their resume or bio forever. It's a bad use of Rhetoric I tell you. When some company finds out you lied on your resume, why You're Fired.

L Ron Hubbard, you are fired!!!!! LOL

Gib, and what was it that the Mayo said, along with Bill Franks, why it's ARCX that causes blows. Holy shit, ain't that the truth, why there are no clears and no OT's or even natural clears or past life clears.

Gib, go figure, when you make it to OT8 you get to find out, guess what? LOL

Gib

Crusader
OMG, you're right, people have been lying about their resume or bio forever. It's a bad use of Rhetoric I tell you. When some company finds out you lied on your resume, why You're Fired.

L Ron Hubbard, you are fired!!!!! LOL

Gib, and what was it that the Mayo said, along with Bill Franks, why it's ARCX that causes blows. Holy shit, ain't that the truth, why there are no clears and no OT's or even natural clears or past life clears.

Gib, go figure, when you make it to OT8 you get to find out, guess what? LOL

OK, I'll bite, I found the answer, here it is:

[SIZE=+1]"I now know what I am not and am ready find out what I am"

[/SIZE]
OMG, what a bunch of BS, after spending all this time in scientology, I'm left with the recurring theme of scientology from the get go. Which is actually nothing of value but yet another mystery to continue up the bridge to OT9 and beyond. LOL

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...to-OT-levels&p=1130335&viewfull=1#post1130335

Last edited:

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One

[SIZE=+1]"I now know what I am not and am ready find out what I am"

[/SIZE]
OMG, what a bunch of BS, after spending all this time in scientology, I'm left with the recurring theme of scientology from the get go. Which is actually nothing of value but yet another mystery to continue up the bridge to OT9 and beyond. LOL

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...to-OT-levels&p=1130335&viewfull=1#post1130335

Just in the interest of Truth, Justice and the American Way; I beg to differ. That is an inaccurate (misinformed) interpretation of the OT8 EP.
I don't know where you got that information but it's incorrect. The actual EP is easily found on the Interwebs, try to get it right, willya? It helps when you stick to the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. :)

Gib

Crusader
Just in the interest of Truth, Justice and the American Way; I beg to differ. That is an inaccurate (misinformed) interpretation of the OT8 EP.
I don't know where you got that information but it's incorrect. The actual EP is easily found on the Interwebs, try to get it right, willya? It helps when you stick to the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. :)

provide the actual truth, more than willing to amend my post.

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
Even when I was a Scientologist, I was sure that the ARC concept is completely useless because Hubbard wrote that a Clear has perfect communication skills. I thought, "The ARC concept is correct, of course, but why would I waste my time studying it? Instead I should become a Clear."

But several Clears told me that the ARC triangle helped them a lot. To me their assertion was illogical.

Did this concept help anyone?

No.

Make it a triangle, a square, some sort of geometric shape, no matter. You can can take pretty much any choice of 'to live by platitudes' ( ie. plain old common sense), and mold it into some sort of crap, and that is what the ol' twisted fuck did.
Hey, he liked triangles and pyramids and shit, it was all so mystical/magical back in the good ol' days......

:eyeroll:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Originally Posted by Gib

"I now know what I am not and am ready find out what I am"

I don't know where you got that information but it's incorrect.

The actual EP is easily found on the Interwebs, try to get it right, willya? It helps when you stick to the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. :)

Easily found on the interwebs, but not easily posted by you? LOL

How about this as the OT VIII EP? And I didn't even have to look it up!

"I now know who am not and I am interested in finding out who I am."

It's virtually identical to Gib's wording in that both are ludicrous jokes when considering that the cosmic promo for OT VIII promised "TRUTH REVEALED".

What truth? That the OT VIII (after decades and a half-million dollars or more) is disoriented and doesn't have any idea who they are?

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
hqdefault.jpg

So Hubs took Crowley bullshit and added his own spin to make Hubs bullshit. None of the garbage written above even makes any sense!

phenomanon

Canyon
No.

Make it a triangle, a square, some sort of geometric shape, no matter. You can can take pretty much any choice of 'to live by platitudes' ( ie. plain old common sense), and mold it into some sort of crap, and that is what the ol' twisted fuck did.
Hey, he liked triangles and pyramids and shit, it was all so mystical/magical back in the good ol' days......

:eyeroll:

Was it on the Clearing Course where one of the things was geometic shaped figures moving toward you and away from you?
I blissed out on the concept while standing on some overpass over the Hollywood Freeway and watching the ribbons of traffic moving toward me and away from me.
Reach and Withdraw from a bank. Magical. lol.

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
Was it on the Clearing Course where one of the things was geometic shaped figures moving toward you and away from you?
I blissed out on the concept while standing on some overpass over the Hollywood Freeway and watching the ribbons of traffic moving toward me and away from me.
[highlight]Reach and Withdraw from a bank[/highlight]. Magical. lol.

That's right, reach for your chequeue book and withdraw all the money from your account.

Last edited:

Gib

Crusader

Easily found on the interwebs, but not easily posted by you? LOL

How about this as the OT VIII EP? And I didn't even have to look it up!

"I now know who am not and I am interested in finding out who I am."

It's virtually identical to Gib's wording in that both are ludicrous jokes when considering that the cosmic promo for OT VIII promised "TRUTH REVEALED".

What truth? That the OT VIII (after decades and a half-million dollars or more) is disoriented and doesn't have any idea who they are?

yah, HH, I meant Who and not What. But it really is a ludicrous joke, not only the money but the time.

I suppose if one were thinking with the story line and imagination of Hubbard, it could make sense, I mean after all those hours of BT stripping, why one is supposedly left with oneself, of course this is bullocks anyways, but the DM blew it, now thinking like a Hubbarite and his bullshit ideas, why the DM should have called his Survival Rundown that he makes everybody do, why he could have called it OT9 and made available only to OT8 comps, just thinking with the story line of Hubbard's scientology.

And not one OT8 would realize they had been had again if the Survival Rundown was called OT9. :melodramatic::roflmao:

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
yah, HH, I meant Who and not What. But it really is a ludicrous joke, not only the money but the time.

I suppose if one were thinking with the story line and imagination of Hubbard, it could make sense, I mean after all those hours of BT stripping, why one is supposedly left with oneself, of course this is bullocks anyways, but the DM blew it, now thinking like a Hubbarite and his bullshit ideas, why the DM should have called his Survival Rundown that he makes everybody do, why he could have called it OT9 and made available only to OT8 comps, just thinking with the story line of Hubbard's scientology.

And not one OT8 would realize they had been had again if the Survival Rundown was called OT9. :melodramatic::roflmao:
I have discussed it several times in the past here on ESMB.
I'm only here for this brief moment in Eternity so I hope you'll forgive me if I don't keep repeating myself.
Here’s how I’d put it.

As the person embarks on OT 8, he firmly believes (and has Attested to the fact) that he has handled and “gotten rid of/freed/handled” all of his present time BTs/Entities/Othernesses etc by virtue of the preceding Levels and believes that he is, at long last, truly himself.

In the course of auditing OT 8, he inspects every Identity he has encountered in auditing and/or life (usually the person he thought he was at the time of any given incident) which he thought was part of who he truly is. He takes each of these Identities, one at a time, and questions it as whether it was actually him, True or False. These things are checked on the meter, of course, but apart from that aspect, nobody else is going to evaluate for him as to whether or not it is his track or someone else’s track.

This procedure is continued until all of his ideas about self (mostly based on his earlier inspections of the past in auditing and life) are thoroughly looked at and evaluated as to actuality.

What happens when a person lets go of all false ideas about who he really is?

Some OT8s seem to be left with a question and some seem to arrive at an answer.

I don’t have any questions about who I am.

Disclaimer: This is not to be taken as a recommendation of scientology's Upper Levels, find another way.
http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...he-8-OT-levels&p=693645&viewfull=1#post693645

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
Panda Termint:

I see no evidence that pet cats, dogs, birds have any confusion about being who they are as individuals in a cultural world.

If any humans have this identity problem then I suspect that it has been induced by a pseudo-scientific mind control cult.

Or did I misunderstand your post?

Last edited:

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
The ARC Triangle is probably as useful as the KRC Triangle:

Knowledge: Scientologists are the only people who have true knowledge of the mind.

Responsibility: Scientologists are dedicated to Clearing the Planet.

Control: Since they have the knowledge and responsibility, Scientologists are now in control of the mental health field on this planet.

Err.....hold on a minute. Something seems to have gone wrong here.:confused2:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

As long as some are seriously discussing the life-changing technology of OT VIII, I thought I would share with you my personal experience on OT IX!

It's remarkably similar to OT VIII, but more spiritually advanced.

The Pre-OT inspects all the times on the wholetrack they ate food--and marks down on the worksheets whether they liked the food or not. Then, using precise e-meter diagnostics, they scientifically determine whether it was THEM or a BT that liked/disliked the food.

The EP is that they now know who did or didn't like the food and they are interested to find out what kind of food they really like.

It's powerful beyond your wildest dreams!

After completing this spectacular level, OT IXs have gone out to a restaurant and miraculously been able to order food that they like!

People! Get on the level people!

JustSheila

Crusader

As long as some are seriously discussing the life-changing technology of OT VIII, I thought I would share with you my personal experience on OT IX!

It's remarkably similar to OT VIII, but more spiritually advanced.

The Pre-OT inspects all the times on the wholetrack they ate food--and marks down on the worksheets whether they liked the food or not. Then, using precise e-meter diagnostics, they scientifically determine whether it was THEM or a BT that liked/disliked the food.

The EP is that they now know who did or didn't like the food and they are interested to find out what kind of food they really like.

It's powerful beyond your wildest dreams!

After completing this spectacular level, OT IXs have gone out to a restaurant and miraculously been able to order food that they like!

People! Get on the level people!

:laugh: :hysterical: Then after all those years completing those levels, some years later, dementia sets in and the OT VIIIs and OTIXs claim they never loved apple pie and can't remember what else they loved or hated, either. Identity gone and don't know who they are.

It doesn't last long for all that money, does it?