What's new

Out 2D

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
On the subject, anyone remember Stacy the bubbly red haired elevator op. over at the Manor? She sure looked a lot older than she turned out to be... We stayed in touch for ten years I'll bet. Her mother was named Joanne and she put me up during one of my trips to LA. Donovan and/or McGuire were her last names I believe.

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
I've long held to the belief that sex is normal & I refuse to be abnormal in that area, so, it is fair to say while I was in that cult that I got laid every chance I had.

For God's sake, who is weird enough to make rules about sex ?

Demented Hubbatd

Patron with Honors
I remember when i was in the SO there seemed to be more unwritten rules about the 2D then there was actual policy. When i signed on i was young but like most young teens of my time, i was sexually active and my recruiter made sure to get some of my 2D history before actually joining and then go over and over and over the 2D rules while being in the SO. It seemed pretty straight forward, nothing beyond kissing unless you were married.

I always got the feeling that my recruiter wanted to fuck my brains out, just a bunch of little signs i guess. But i was never sure if it was part of the recruitment angle or not. When i did finally join I had to fill out this really long form that pretty much covered my entire life, one of the sections on there was 2D history, which i found odd because it was the ONLY part my recruiter wanted to "help" me with.

Between my senior and my recruiter it was very hard to even talk to any girl on base. I remember one time I was shooting the shit with some girl (staff) on the steps of ASHO. From AO across the street and down some. i could hear my senior shouting "NO 2D" while she ran over. Then i was accused of being "Out 2D" for talking to the opposite sex and i was really confused. I could never get an answer on what the actual rules about the 2D were because as it were it seemed like everything i did was "out 2D", I was also told I was "jail bait" and would eventually get some female staff RPF'd while i would probably just be sent home. Eventually it got to the point where the girls around my age wouldn't even talk to me because it wasn't worth the trouble they would have to go through. Except for one girl on the CMO EPF, she would eat with me on occasion but that was about it.

Does anyone know if there were a lot of unwritten rules about the 2D while being in the SO, or were there rules that were written and just not talked about?
My brief SO experience was very different than yours. I could talk to any woman I liked, no one told me to stop talking to a girl or to stay away from her. The same was true for my male friends; nobody tried to put restrictions on them. I guess, it depends on SO location; I was working at Big Blue at that time. I heard that the 2D rules were very strict at Clearwater branch.

I was not planning to stay in SO for long, I just wanted to get to the Class V auditor level, and then get out. I made a decision not to date female SO members because I was not looking for a short-term relation, I wanted a stable one.

I wanted to have one-night stand with one SO girl. though; she wanted the same. I knew how to fool the e-meter, but I wasn't sure about her loyalty -- she could have written a KR on me saying that I showed her how to render the idiotic device useless. I was not afraid of RPF because no one would force me to go there, but, in case of her betrayal, my dream of becoming a NED auditor would never materialize (I didn't get to that level, anyway, but it was not because the lack of trying).

Some SO guys had sex with the outsiders, but, because of my busy work schedule and illegal gambling activities in downtown LA, I didn't have time to go to a bar and pick up a girl.

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
My brief SO experience was very different than yours. I could talk to any woman I liked, no one told me to stop talking to a girl or to stay away from her. The same was true for my male friends; nobody tried to put restrictions on them. I guess, it depends on SO location; I was working at Big Blue at that time. I heard that the 2D rules were very strict at Clearwater branch.

I was not planning to stay in SO for long, I just wanted to get to the Class V auditor level, and then get out. I made a decision not to date female SO members because I was not looking for a short-term relation, I wanted a stable one.

I wanted to have one-night stand with one SO girl. though; she wanted the same. I knew how to fool the e-meter, but I wasn't sure about her loyalty -- she could have written a KR on me saying that I showed her how to render the idiotic device useless. I was not afraid of RPF because no one would force me to go there, but, in case of her betrayal, my dream of becoming a NED auditor would never materialize (I didn't get to that level, anyway, but it was not because the lack of trying).

Some SO guys had sex with the outsiders, but, because of my busy work schedule and illegal gambling activities in downtown LA, I didn't have time to go to a bar and pick up a girl.

I was not looking for Ms. Right.

I was looking for Ms. Right Now !

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

--snipped--

I wanted to have one-night stand with one SO girl. though; she wanted the same. I knew how to fool the e-meter, but I wasn't sure about her loyalty -- she could have written a KR on me saying that I showed her how to render the idiotic device useless. I was not afraid of RPF because ...

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

That is positively Orwellian! LOL

Learning to fool the e-meter is right out of 1984, just like the book's protagonist (Winston) learning to fool the surveillance camera in his room--by locating a tiny "blind spot" where he had a brief merciful respite from Big Brother's diabolically omnipresent scrutiny.

And for other good reasons, you could well have been a character in that book, like the ever-present intimidation and terror campaign that Scientology runs on its parishioners with "KRs" and "RPF"--every bit the equivalent of 1984's dystopian snitch-society and suddenly disappearing to report for reprogramming by the thought police.

What many politically correct people (who are only very mildly critical of Hubbard's vision and practices) never quite understand is that he simply wasn't as "cause" as history's other maniacal despots who tried to enslave the world. Had he succeeded, the world would have become very much like the the society of Nazi Germany or today's North Korea. In this way, mankind might very well owe a huge debt of gratitude to L. Ron Hubbard--because he consistently operated in a manner where NONE of his tech worked so that NONE of his goals or "postulates" for mankind were realized.

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
Well, that " Out 2D " nonsense provides a balance between those who agree to no sex & those of us agree to have all the sex we can.

It makes the world right.

But, on a humorous note, if scientologists could all agree to no sex then they'd eliminate themselves from earth in only one generation.

I propose all scientologists stick with " NO SEX " & the rest of do as we please with willing adult partners.

Soon that evil little cult would have eliminated itself.

Maybe there is a Santa Claus after all !