What's new

Mountain View

JackStraw

Silver Meritorious Patron
It appears that the Mtn Vw Org finally got the permits for the renos they have been waiting for.

The Linda Vista bldg is undergoing renos now!

Look for a Grand Opening in the near future!

I spoke with a long-time Mtn Vw staffer recently who told me this would be happening soon, and it seems he was right.

I went by the location and saw a contractor's mobile office and a fence to hide/protect from view of construction...
There was an official sign re the change of designation from commercial to "church" purposes...

How long has this been 'hanging fire'???

I'll keep checking and updating on "progress" to opening.

Jack

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
It appears that the Mtn Vw Org finally got the permits for the renos they have been waiting for.

The Linda Vista bldg is undergoing renos now!

Look for a Grand Opening in the near future!

I spoke with a long-time Mtn Vw staffer recently who told me this would be happening soon, and it seems he was right.

I went by the location and saw a contractor's mobile office and a fence to hide/protect from view of construction...
There was an official sign re the change of designation from commercial to "church" purposes...

How long has this been 'hanging fire'???

I'll keep checking and updating on "progress" to opening.

Jack

Makes me wonder if there was ever any publicly posted notice of the intent or application for rezoning. Behind closed doors? hidden agenda and operation? or not?

JackStraw

Silver Meritorious Patron
I went by a week or so ago to see if there was any visible "progress."

They have two buildings, the posh one at the end of a dead end street (I love this!)
and the building immediately next door, a plain concrete block rectangular bldg.

I saw no evidence of work going on at the "posh" bldg, but the plain concrete block building was completely gutted.
There were four walls, and nothing else. The doors, windows etc were all gone. There was nothing but four walls left and some scaffolding inside I could see through the holes where the doors and windows were.

This is a change from the last time I drove by...so it seems they have begun.

More to follow...

Jack