What's new

What is Black Dianetics?

Demented Hubbatd

Patron with Honors
I came across the term "black Dianetics" for the first time when I was studying an EPF HCOB. Hubbard wrote that black Dianetics is extremely dangerous and could leave person mentally disabled. However, he didn't provide any further information in that HCOB.

I tried to figure out what this term means by myself. I thought that it is an opposite of the regular Dianetics with its purpose of erasing engrams. Thus, in order to practice black Dianetics, you have to knock a person unconscious and whisper nasty things into his year, so to speak.

I shared my analysis with the course supervisor. He said that the HCOB says nothing about physically hurting a person, and I should do plenty of word clearing.

After the class ended my EPF bodies joked about it. Edmond said that Hubbard knew that black Dianetics works because he used it on someone.

During my four-months Sea Org "tenure" I kept asking my coworkers about black Dianetics. But no one knew the answer.

Now I am an anti-Scientologist. But the question of black Dianetics still bugs me.

arcxcauseblows

Patron Meritorious
Yeah it's just any process used to harm

instead of thinking of a good thing think of a bad thing

So for communication a good process is

What could you communication with?

The black process would be

What's could you not communicate with?

Think he said that process could kill you if you repeat it long enough

But how would he know that did he kill someone with it?

Or does he just talk out of his butt?

Regarding how saying that it leaves you mentally disabled

I think when he was researching the deadly introspection rundown he said there's no such thing as insanity

Constant cognitive dissonance

Terril park

Sponsor
I came across the term "black Dianetics" for the first time when I was studying an EPF HCOB. Hubbard wrote that black Dianetics is extremely dangerous and could leave person mentally disabled. However, he didn't provide any further information in that HCOB.

I tried to figure out what this term means by myself. I thought that it is an opposite of the regular Dianetics with its purpose of erasing engrams. Thus, in order to practice black Dianetics, you have to knock a person unconscious and whisper nasty things into his year, so to speak.

I shared my analysis with the course supervisor. He said that the HCOB says nothing about physically hurting a person, and I should do plenty of word clearing.

After the class ended my EPF bodies joked about it. Edmond said that Hubbard knew that black Dianetics works because he used it on someone.

During my four-months Sea Org "tenure" I kept asking my coworkers about black Dianetics. But no one knew the answer.

Now I am an anti-Scientologist. But the question of black Dianetics still bugs me.

I expect the truth rundown could be placed in that category. Its most definitely
aimed at introverting the recipient.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
For "Black Dianetics" to be a valid field of knowledge, "Dianetics" would have had to have some validity. If Dianetics really worked, then you could reverse the workable processes to make people worse rather than better.

Nevertheless, if you were in the Sea Org or on staff, you had forms of Black Dianetics run on you constantly, in order to make you more pliable and a better slave. Does Dianetics say that it's important to have enough sleep? Deprive staff of sleep on a chronic basis. Does Dianetics say that good nutrition is important? Feed them rice and beans. Dianetics says regular exercise is good for you? Keep them behind a desk for 18 hours of the day.

Is is bad to evaluate and invalidate? Do " gang bang" sec checks, with people screaming at you "What are your CRIMES?!".

You get the picture.

AngeloV

Gold Meritorious Patron
If you practice black dianetics on black Friday with a black cat on your lap, Satan will visit you...

h2CF8B491_zpsuid73gvr.jpg

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
The following was posted by Marty Rathbun on his blog Nov 10th, 2010 in a post entitled "Black Dianetics - Clear Extortion"
(I just changed the formatting a bit from the original, but the text is unchanged)

LRH said this about Black Dianetics in the Journal of Scientolgy issue 3:
In order to resolve insanity, it was necessary to release the natural laws discovered in Dianetics. When they were released it became possible to create insanity at will. And even more insidiously, complete control of a human being can be effected without insanity being demonstrated by him.
Can someone point to a single psychiatrist who has attempted to use the principles of Dianetics to create insanity? Or a government agent? Or a drug company researcher? No. The only one I have witnessed dedicatedly engaged in such a pursuit is David Miscavige. And it is all the more insidious as none of his victims would think to look internal, let alone at Miscavige, for the source of his or her travails.

Full Post: https://markrathbun.blog/2010/11/10/black-dianetics-clear-extortion-2/

There's another post on Black Dianetics by Marty on Nov 9th, 2010, the day prior to him writing the above:
Black Dianetics in Radical Scientology – Introduction
https://markrathbun.blog/2010/11/09/black-dianetics-in-radical-scientology-introduction/

Gib

Crusader
IMHO, black dianetics is Hubbard's rhetorical trick, a marketing gimmick, to make dianetics sound powerful and a working technology. Hubbard did the same with the unpublished Excalibur in which he said something like the few people who read it committed suicide. Further on we have the Brainwashing Manual, then once a person goes "clear" they at at risk, and then if anybody read the OT3 materials who was not prepared (completely brainwashed by Hubbards words) would die of pneumonia. I'm sure there are other things Hubbard said along the same lines.

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
IMHO, black dianetics is Hubbard's rhetorical trick, a marketing gimmick, to make dianetics sound powerful and a working technology. Hubbard did the same with the unpublished Excalibur in which he said something like the few people who read it committed suicide. Further on we have the Brainwashing Manual, then once a person goes "clear" they are at risk, and then if anybody read the OT3 materials who was not prepared (completely brainwashed by Hubbards words) would die of pneumonia. I'm sure there are other things Hubbard said along the same lines.

I think this is spot on! All of these...just ruses to make his technology sound powerful, and himself, the genius who could create such awesome power. It was all about his self-aggrandizement. All part of the hypnosis.

I had several friends who NEVER did OT III but were completely convinced of how powerful and dangerous it was! Because Hubs said so. They were enthralled at the genius of Hubs to have figured it all out. Except he didn't. He was a genius at creating and marketing hope and belief....but especially fear. He made us afraid of our "case"...afraid of our own minds. And only he, Scn Tech, had the solution. Go see the reg.

Last edited:

Demented Hubbatd

Patron with Honors
The following was posted by Marty Rathbun on his blog Nov 10th, 2010 in a post entitled "Black Dianetics - Clear Extortion"
(I just changed the formatting a bit from the original, but the text is unchanged)

There's another post on Black Dianetics by Marty on Nov 9th, 2010, the day prior to him writing the above:
Black Dianetics in Radical Scientology – Introduction
https://markrathbun.blog/2010/11/09/black-dianetics-in-radical-scientology-introduction/

Thank you for the quotation. However, I do not understand what it means. I think, Hubbard was trying to sound scientific, but his sentences look gibberish to me.

AngeloV

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thank you for the quotation. However, I do not understand what it means. I think, Hubbard was trying to sound scientific, but his sentences look gibberish to me.

That's because it is gibberish. This is [STRIKE]Hubbard[/STRIKE] the Old Quack at his best. Notice that he always speaks as an absolute authority on the subject. Like everything he says is 100% factual. Let me try to break it down for you

In order to resolve insanity, it was necessary to release the natural laws discovered in Dianetics.

There is insanity in the world and in order to cure it, Hubbard wrote dianetics. Isn't he a wonderful guy? But in the book, he 'discovered' and had to 'release' natural laws. What are they? Well for instance, the human mind is comprised of two parts - the analytical and the reactive. The analytical mind uses facts and makes sound decisions while the reactive mind is a pure stimulus-response mechanism and contains exact recordings of painful incidents called engrams that are linked together in 'chains', blah, blah, blah.

He called them natural laws to make them (and himself) sound legitimate and scientific. How can you argue against a 'natural law'? It's a LAW for goodness sake. It HAS to be true. This is an excellent example of the 'appeal to authority' logical fallacy. A huge amount of his work uses this ruse.

When they were released it became possible to create insanity at will.
These 'natural laws' are so powerful that they can make a sane person insane. Pure bullshit - said again, to make him sound important and to make dianetics sound incredibly powerful and potentially dangerous! Wow, don't you want to know more?

And even more insidiously, complete control of a human being can be effected without insanity being demonstrated by him.

So you can use the 'natural laws' in an evil way to thoroughly hypnotize a person to make him look normal, but when you mention the phrase 'Manchurian Candidate', he climbs on top of a building and jumps off. LOLOL Again pure, exaggerated bullshit.

Hope this helps.

Demented Hubbatd

Patron with Honors
Here's a thread on OCMB you may be interested in:
What in the hell is Black Dianetics?
http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?t=28011

Thank you for the link.

Hubbard wrote a lot about effects of black Dianetics. However, one important thing is missing -- he didn't tell how to run the black Dianetics procedures. It looks like a control of human beings is a wishful thinking on his part, not something that could be done in practice. Plenty of hot air, that's all.

The only way of controlling humans that I know of is the indoctrination that starts when the subject is approximately 6 or 7 years old. This type of control is used in totalitarian countries, and for the second-generation Scientologists. Other than that, the mankind had not invented new means of total control.

Vittorio

Patron Meritorious
I used to do Dianetics and found that people got good, if not excellent short term results from it. I find it hard to call anything 'black' or 'white' because the overall roll of basic courses and therapy that are therapeutic are to eventually entrap people in a system which depersonalizes them, leaves them with little to no personal time, not connection to family and friends and studying a religion with no ability to compare or contrast it to anything else.

In fact, at the end of the day, it all looks quite black. I suppose black Dianetics is about using something otherwise helpful to give reverse results. I feel that is a core part of Scientology.

Maria Cuervo

Gold Meritorious Patron

The reactive mind is a lie. What we have is a soul's subconscious where a soul can remember her true memories... And of course Scn wants to ERASE the soul's true memories. So therefore refers to anything that reverses SCN as black dianetics.

tr8theta

I Love Kitties
Black Dianetics is a process only very few skilled auditors can practice...
...in pitch darkness. It's exactly like "Dating in the Dark" and you don't have to close your eyes.
TR8