What's new

Marty Rathbun raises his head, and starts squawking PART 2

Boson Wog Stark

Patron Meritorious
PART 1 of this thread can be found here:
http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?43979-Marty-Rathbun-raises-his-head-and-starts-squawking
Moderator 3375
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks to the mirrored YouTube site of Marty's attack-the-critic series, I've watched a few more.

In Marty's take down of Rinder, he goes into hair splitting about what Rinder said on Leah's show, what he said was his "biggest regret," and what he said on another show years before was his biggest regret. After finally getting what he was talking about, I thought his point was trite and presented in a way that was confusing.

He's talking about what was said on Leah's show as if everyone who watched it has a perfect memory of everything that was said. And the way Marty talks about it, it would be incomprehensible to causal viewers of the show, let alone people who did not watch the show.

First of all, in the context of a discussion, whether on TV or in person, one's "biggest regret" is libel to change, depending on what is being discussed. Also, over the years, a person's biggest regret might change.

When you're trying to make a clear point about something, or maybe a little emotion is welling up about something, a person might exaggerate and say something is their biggest regret when they have other bigger regrets, and that's natural.

When Marty shifts to things Rinder did or said in real life, about jobs he got through Rathbun or his relationship with his two kids who are still stuck in Scientology, Marty goes off on tangents about various minutiae and again, it becomes confusing as to what point he is trying to make.

In Part 7, he drops the understatement, "I have been no friend of the Church of Scientology," to legitimize his criticism of others, like Rinder or Remini, who have, of late, also not been a friend of the Church of Scientology. He needed to expand on that.

Yeah, Marty, that will really lend weight to your rambling pile of incoherent hair-splitting nonsense, but perhaps you should expand on the myriad of ways you haven't been a friend to the Church of Scientology and do a little explaining why you seem to be doing the cult's classic dirty work now, maybe?

A funny throwaway line about Karen -- "I don't know how she makes her money..." Got to be something shady, like collecting original TK paintings, and selling prints of the "painter of light," Thomas Kinkade? Since no one's ever died of kitsch, it's not exactly like she's been running a child prostitution ring out of an ASC-run pizza parlor.

Marty talks about Karen's desperate attempts to give him money, and be his "matron," but with strings attached about what to criticize. I bet none of it was in writing, like the agreement he's hammered out with CoS. And, uh, Marty, no, "matron" is not the female form of "patron." You need to do a little word clearing on that.

The legitimacy of the way Karen earned her money is at the opposite end of the spectrum of what she's been accused of by CoS, abusing animals or children. I guess we're supposed to be relieved that Marty didn't go there?

The words which keep springing to mind when I'm listening to Marty in this series are petty, trite, and above all, confusing. I've been following Scientology criticism for over 10 years now, and it's often hard for me to figure out what Marty is talking about, or what point he is trying to make. Sometimes, it sounds like he has a touch of Alzheimer's setting in.

And when Marty would speak on TV programs criticizing Scientology, I was often impressed with how articulate he was. I could never speak that well on TV. I thought Marty's speaking ability was always way above his ability to express himself in writing, and that was probably something he got out of Scientology, in part.

So I have to chalk this up to Marty needing to follow certain guidelines, which would on the surface please Miscavige, and part of it may be meant to confuse. That's what Miscavige may have wanted, so that Scientologists who see this will just zone out and think critics bad, Scientology good, Marty WTF. Scientologists need to focus on the road to clear and the bridge to total freedom, which would seem clear compared to this mess.

Besides creating confusion and a diversion, and giving Marty a chance to dead agent himself, it seems the point of this is to sow distrust among critics of Scientology. What Miscavige seems to have missed is that, especially lately, no one trusted Marty anyway.

The damage Marty did to CoS by speaking out about Miscavige beating his underlings, encouraging a culture of violence, which Marty admitted he was caught up in, that can't be undone. Fans of Leah's show are not going to even watch Marty's unintelligible videos, and if they do, they won't understand what he is talking about.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: Marty Rathbun raises his head, and starts squawking

Thanks to the mirrored YouTube site of Marty's attack-the-critic series, I've watched a few more.

In Marty's take down of Rinder, he goes into hair splitting about what Rinder said on Leah's show, what he said was his "biggest regret," and what he said on another show years before was his biggest regret. After finally getting what he was talking about, I thought his point was trite and presented in a way that was confusing.

He's talking about what was said on Leah's show as if everyone who watched it has a perfect memory of everything that was said. And the way Marty talks about it, it would be incomprehensible to causal viewers of the show, let alone people who did not watch the show.

First of all, in the context of a discussion, whether on TV or in person, one's "biggest regret" is libel to change, depending on what is being discussed. Also, over the years, a person's biggest regret might change.

When you're trying to make a clear point about something, or maybe a little emotion is welling up about something, a person might exaggerate and say something is their biggest regret when they have other bigger regrets, and that's natural.

When Marty shifts to things Rinder did or said in real life, about jobs he got through Rathbun or his relationship with his two kids who are still stuck in Scientology, Marty goes off on tangents about various minutiae and again, it becomes confusing as to what point he is trying to make.

In Part 7, he drops the understatement, "I have been no friend of the Church of Scientology," to legitimize his criticism of others, like Rinder or Remini, who have, of late, also not been a friend of the Church of Scientology. He needed to expand on that.

Yeah, Marty, that will really lend weight to your rambling pile of incoherent hair-splitting nonsense, but perhaps you should expand on the myriad of ways you haven't been a friend to the Church of Scientology and do a little explaining why you seem to be doing the cult's classic dirty work now, maybe?

A funny throwaway line about Karen -- "I don't know how she makes her money..." Got to be something shady, like collecting original TK paintings, and selling prints of the "painter of light," Thomas Kinkade? Since no one's ever died of kitsch, it's not exactly like she's been running a child prostitution ring out of an ASC-run pizza parlor.

Marty talks about Karen's desperate attempts to give him money, and be his "matron," but with strings attached about what to criticize. I bet none of it was in writing, like the agreement he's hammered out with CoS. And, uh, Marty, no, "matron" is not the female form of "patron." You need to do a little word clearing on that.

The legitimacy of the way Karen earned her money is at the opposite end of the spectrum of what she's been accused of by CoS, abusing animals or children. I guess we're supposed to be relieved that Marty didn't go there?

The words which keep springing to mind when I'm listening to Marty in this series are petty, trite, and above all, confusing. I've been following Scientology criticism for over 10 years now, and it's often hard for me to figure out what Marty is talking about, or what point he is trying to make. Sometimes, it sounds like he has a touch of Alzheimer's setting in.

And when Marty would speak on TV programs criticizing Scientology, I was often impressed with how articulate he was. I could never speak that well on TV. I thought Marty's speaking ability was always way above his ability to express himself in writing, and that was probably something he got out of Scientology, in part.

So I have to chalk this up to Marty needing to follow certain guidelines, which would on the surface please Miscavige, and part of it may be meant to confuse. That's what Miscavige may have wanted, so that Scientologists who see this will just zone out and think critics bad, Scientology good, Marty WTF. Scientologists need to focus on the road to clear and the bridge to total freedom, which would seem clear compared to this mess.

Besides creating confusion and a diversion, and giving Marty a chance to dead agent himself, it seems the point of this is to sow distrust among critics of Scientology. What Miscavige seems to have missed is that, especially lately, no one trusted Marty anyway.

The damage Marty did to CoS by speaking out about Miscavige beating his underlings, encouraging a culture of violence, which Marty admitted he was caught up in, that can't be undone. Fans of Leah's show are not going to even watch Marty's unintelligible videos, and if they do, they won't understand what he is talking about.

(Bolding is mine) Or give a shit . . . .

In Part 7, he drops the understatement, "I have been no friend of the Church of Scientology," - or to his 'out-ex' friends. That has become quite clear.

Mawty - is there anyone in your life that you have not burned? Hmmm - makes me wonder - about his closest human relationship/s . . .
Karma is a bitch.

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron

The words which keep springing to mind when I'm listening to Marty in this series are petty, trite, and above all, confusing. I've been following Scientology criticism for over 10 years now, and it's often hard for me to figure out what Marty is talking about, or what point he is trying to make. Sometimes, it sounds like he has a touch of Alzheimer's setting in. ...

Yes, that sums Marty up quite well, also "not to be trusted" as has also been said by many.

Marty, the Dabbler in Murkiness.

His main redeeming quality was that he did help quite a few to get out of the cult and was the lightning rod for the ex-member community for a few years. Well, that was then, this is now.

NO ONE trusts him and I bet Miscavige doesn't even trust him. He's now just a tool to be used.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP

From Hubbard's 'Black Propaganda' of 12 January 1972:

"The objective is to be identified as attackers of popularly considered evils. This declassifies us from former labels. It reclassifies our attackers as evil people."

anti-slavery-march.jpg

Well meaning dupes ("useful idiots") participate in a sometimes front group (hides connection to Scientology), sometimes Public Relations group (advertises connection to Scientology).

Marty's blog is looking more and more choreographed.

A comment from Karmageddon Kaleidescope, under "LEAH AND HER TROUBLEMAKERS PART 8," features imported content - labelled "Tony Ortega unhinged" - from the Facebook site SPs 'r' US, where Mike Hobson (in the role of the "useful idiot") argues with Tony Ortega.

Under that is a comment from Jane Stands Up:

"Ill willed journalists have been a persistent problem in our country. Due to his conspiracy in using the village voice as a front for back page on line sex trafficking syndicate, American taxpayers are now hit with an annual bill of over 50 million dollars just in damage control, and this does not include the expenses of law enforcement. Which is vastly greater."

_______​

Since November 2015, with the 'When Distraction becomes Destructive' article, Marty's writing, on his blog, has sounded a lot like the writing found in Scientology's hopelessly contrived 'Freedom magazine'.

________​

The inception of the Citizens Commission on Human Rights and also of Freedom magazine is 'Ron's Journal 68':

"...And the general attack line is along the line of human rights; yes human rights...

Now I'll give you a clue on how this is handled, somebody comes up to you he's hostile - he's hostile to Scientology and he says to you and he says 'na na na na' and you say why are you against human rights and uh and if you know anything about human rights like the universal declaration of human rights, United Nations - that sort of thing you know if you know something about this subject you just follow it right straight up - in other words you don't defend Scientology, you just attack along this line of human rights, you see...

Tell him or her ...uh ...the hostile person the hostile press line uh...for instance a newspaper writes an article on how bad Scientology is - any Scientologist reading this should run right to that newspaper and demand: Why are you against human rights?...

Whereas an attack on Scientology is actually an attack on human rights - anyone making an attack on Scientology is an attack on human rights...

Each time Scientology is attacked, we build into society, if you do this, we'll build into society an actual stimulus response mechanism whereas an attack on Scientology is an attack on human rights".

Scientology is ever dodgy.

There are some great books out exposing the nature of Scientology, but imo there's a great need for a book that educates government officials, law enforcement, media, etc. in exactly the type of information you've presented above.

I don't know that a book of that nature could make money for its authors using traditional marketing methods, just due to the limited target audience, but I would bet that someone who was both knowledgeable about scientology and an expert in crowdfunding could draw up a successful campaign.

Of the millions of people that will soon be watching Season Two of Leah's show, many would be willing to donate for just such a project, if it's presented well to them.

A book of this nature could go a long ways towards protecting society from this organization.

A chapter for judges and lawyers would be good as well, giving them an introduction to the scientology playbook in the legal arena.

cakemaker

Patron Meritorious

In addition to Marty's "tells," the blinking and stammering, there is the very odd omission of no real mention of why he made this particular series in this manner, including breaking it up in tiny segments, which he didn't feel compelled to do in the past with his videos.

I'm sure that breaking it up into tiny segments is so that there are more hits for search engines to find.

Leland

Crusader

I'm sure that breaking it up into tiny segments is so that there are more hits for search engines to find.

WoW! I didn't think of that. Search Engine manipulation....

Sure reminds me of a Cult Operation to do the same thing....( to the Internet search engines ) back in the 90's.

anonomog

Gold Meritorious Patron

Yes, that sums Marty up quite well, also "not to be trusted" as has also been said by many.

Marty, the Dabbler in Murkiness.

His main redeeming quality was that he did help quite a few to get out of the cult and was the lightning rod for the ex-member community for a few years. Well, that was then, this is now.

NO ONE trusts him and I bet Miscavige doesn't even trust him. He's now just a tool to be used.

Yes he has helped people. I agree. He did. That is good.

I wonder who has reached more people, more consistently over a longer time, also with personal risk....

Emma or Marty?

Did Emma disclose all our personal data and keys to esmb when she was fair gamed?
How about when she was bitterly attacked by other exes?
She kept quiet or kept it to closed groups or posted completely straightforward explanations. No youtube dramatics, no guru status whoring. No celebrity\ego stroking. No cryptic clues an d condescension.

So on the scales of helping people who really was the heavyweight? And who promoted himself heavily to appear the heavyweight. Smooze enough celebrities and that one shocker might seem like five.

So how long is this helping people currency going to last, because I suspect it may be worth less than we think.

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron

I wonder who has reached more people, more consistently over a longer time, also with personal risk....

Emma or Marty?

Did Emma disclose all our personal data and keys to esmb when she was fair gamed?
She kept quiet or kept it to closed groups or posted completely straightforward explanations. No youtube dramatics, no guru status whoring. No celebrity\ego stroking. No cryptic clues an d condescension.

So on the scales of helping people who really was the heavyweight? And who promoted himself heavily to appear the heavyweight. Smooze enough celebrities and that one shocker might seem like five.

So how long is this helping people currency going to last, because I suspect it may be worth less than we think.

I think Emma definitely helped more people with this forum. Absolutely! :thumbsup:

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron

Emma or Marty?

Emma/ESMB Mod/s :yes: Emma/ESMB/Mods have honored all of us with complete confidentiality - and reached far more people than Marty can even imagine. Love Emma/ESMB/Mods - and all the out-spoken exes/critics - those brave brave souls, everyone. :yes:

rickybobby

Hostess of the Internet

Or to seize the narrative for as as many days as possible. Create maximum speculation, discord and chaos and drag it out as long as they can.

anonomog

Gold Meritorious Patron

I think Emma definitely helped more people with this forum. Absolutely! :thumbsup:

I do too. It served so many purposes for so many people and when they were ready they moved on to their lives.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP

<snip>

So on the scales of helping people who really was the heavyweight? <snip>

Both were heavyweights imo, and both reached certain individuals that the other never would have.

Emma though was the last one standing when Marty yelled "No Mas!"

Veda

Sponsor

[video=youtube;LM6f4ECeNrw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM6f4ECeNrw[/video]

I'm beginning to really dislike this version of Marty. It's downright creepy.

From the Scientology Admin Dictionary -

Definition of "Children": "People who have not passed checksheets and have no paid posts in the Sea Org... he or she is not on payroll."

Billion-Year-Contract-02.jpg

anonomog

Gold Meritorious Patron

[video=youtube;LM6f4ECeNrw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM6f4ECeNrw[/video]

Billion-Year-Contract-02.jpg

I think he is working up to something incredibly nasty. This is just the first course. Stay tuned. <vomit>.

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron

Thanks to the mirrored YouTube site

I was going to let this drop but since you bring it up ~~ just a tissue of lies. LIES LIES LIES.
Marty never *Ever* asked me to stop sending him $$$$. Never happened. Like his other lies about me ~~ made out of whole cloth.
Never happened.
He kept the American Express Platinum Card I gave him for 2+ years after he was making high six figures on his auditing/counselling.
I had to cancel the card with AMEX and ask him to return it ~~ and he finally did after billing his wordpress account to it ~ the card was returned.

Jeffrey and I have a 20,000 Kinkade collector mailing list plus a significance presence on AMAZON and EBAY. We offer 380 to 400 Kinkade images on both sites 24/7/365 days a year. We ship globally.
Our own mailing list gets the most volume.
Yesterday, I went to take a shower and was gone 15 mins, on my return $7500 was in my Paypal account without my having lifted a finger.
This is the value of having 100% positive feedback from 1000s of unique buyers over 20 years and the momentum built up with repeat clients.

Never mind what money Marty got from me. Marty Rathbun got $1 million dollars worth of free service from 3 law firms in Texas . The Rathbun's fired them after they worked for him for 3 years with hundreds and hundreds of man hours. Even bank robbers rarely pull off a "million dollar heist."

It appears Marty managed to stiff 3 Law firms, including an appellate law firm out of a huge amount of legal fees. (I have been in litigation on a real estate issue for some years and this is a fair estimate.) In my opinion, these are the actions of a freeloader and not a cult *spokesman*

Can you IMAGINE how the cult would feel and act if they delivered 1 million dollars worth of services Ls, Ot Levels and then the person blew without paying. :omg::omg::omg:

Last edited:

Boson Wog Stark

Patron Meritorious

In the beginning of this segment (Pt. 9 LEAH REMINI) Marty sounds drunk. He's probably just getting exhausted from his day at cult production studios, but he sounds like he's losing his mind. Oh Maaaty, as Joanne Squirrel Buster once said.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

The words which keep springing to mind when I'm listening to Marty in this series are petty, trite, and above all, confusing.

I've been following Scientology criticism for over 10 years now, and it's often hard for me to figure out what Marty is talking about, or what point he is trying to make.

Sometimes, it sounds like he has a touch of Alzheimer's setting in.

Many good points, excellent post!

" confusing"

". . . it's often hard for me to figure out what Marty is talking about, or what point he is trying to make."

ANSWER: The point Rathbun is trying to make is that-------it's confusing. And that it's often hard for (people) to figure out what Marty is talking about, or what point he is trying to make.

EXPLANATION: A normal assumption would be that anyone (including Rathbun) is trying to communicate something to others. Bad assumption! As usual, whenever Hubbard and his loyal officers talk about "Merchants of Chaos" they are, of course, really talking about themselves. Obviously, Rathbun is not trying to communicate anything truthful or valuable to anyone--he's trolling.

Typically the motivation behind trolling is mental illness and/or money.

WAIT, WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD SCIENTOLOGISTS "POSTULATE" CHAOS? Because that's the only ecosystem in which human beings would be too distracted to come into "present time" and "obnose" the sociopathically cruel hoax that is being pepetrated.

Last edited: