What's new

Good experiences in Scientology

Veda

Sponsor
These are experiences that - in and of themselves - were positive.

daisy-on-railroad-track.jpg.1145x0_q71_crop-scale.jpg

Please stay on the very limited topic. :)

If no one has anything positive to add on the subject, that's fine. It will be an empty thread, and that's OK.

Last edited:

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Re: Good experinces in Scientology

I enjoyed the camaraderie ... sort of (I realised after about 10 minutes that it was totally false, but I enjoyed it until I realised).

:run:

I liked "life repair" too.

Irayam

Patron with Honors

The breaks between 2 course periods were nice (but I was a smoker at the time)

Irayam

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron

There were brief moments while visiting Saint Hill in East Grinstead that I enjoyed.

Saint Hill Manor and castle were very interesting and the grounds were lovely on a summer's day.

Of course having Sea Org all over the place spoiled it but there were a few times when I got away from them and just chilled out.

exthetan

Patron

I honestly believe that had it not been for my exposure to scio that I would have been dead from suicide long ago. For all that is bad in scn, it taught me to be resilient and so I can still raise a fog on a glass.

Veda

Sponsor
OK, I'll add a few things.

Firstly, before visiting the New York Org, and seeing a film featuring actor Stephen Boyd telling me about Scientology, and buying a Scientology book, I'd heard that Leonard Cohen was involved with Scientology.

leonard-cohen-dianetics-course-ny-org-0-jpg.232010

Leonard Cohen, on course, in the Scientology Academy at the Martinique hotel in New York City.

I liked his music.

[video=youtube;6o6zMPLcXZ8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o6zMPLcXZ8[/video]

______​

I also knew that the Incredible String Band had recently become involved with Scientology, and I liked their music.

[video=youtube;jmeGpov2P5k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmeGpov2P5k[/video]

[video=youtube;52vEFiOuC74]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52vEFiOuC74[/video]​

Last edited:

TrevAnon

Big List researcher

I honestly believe that had it not been for my exposure to scio that I would have been dead from suicide long ago. For all that is bad in scn, it taught me to be resilient and so I can still raise a fog on a glass.
I think people who are vulnerable get attracted to Scientology as it claims to have all the answers.

So it may well be that there are some who decide to put their life in the hands of a cult instead of taking it. Looks to me that both decisions are not the best possible outcome. :unsure:

Veda

Sponsor
I think people who are vulnerable get attracted to Scientology as it claims to have all the answers.

So it may well be that there are some who decide to put their life in the hands of a cult instead of taking it. Looks to me that both decisions are not the best possible outcome. :unsure:

[video=youtube;8OVr3EfB_z8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OVr3EfB_z8[/video]​

I know you mean well, but please don't derail this thread, and try to keep it on topic. :)

Last edited:

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
Several things: The combination of the boundless energy of our youth, along with the shared utopian dream was wonderfully intoxicating.

I saw the Tony Hitchman interview, paid 15 bucks for HAS, and a week later bought "the package" to Class 4 and Grade 4.

The hope and the promise were just so bright, and the friendships, we knew would transcend time. And finally, the women were smart, beautiful, and accepting of a shy Jewish kid from Brooklyn. It was 1968.

Very heady stuff.

Last edited:

Reasonable

Silver Meritorious Patron
Before Scientology I had a certain obsessive thought that really bothered me that I could not stop thinking about, it vanished in intro auditing and is still gone today. And I would rather that thought stay away (and I stay like I am) than I get a refund of the $250,000 that I spent after that and go back to having to deal with that thought.

In another session I felt like I had a really vivid out of body experience. I'm not saying that it was "out of body", I don't know exactly what it was but it was the most euphoric feeling I ever had in my life. This happened in an auditing session rehabbing the end phenomena of the Purif

It was those 2 experiences that kept me going all those years. It is funny that they both happened in my first few months of Scientology and since then (15 years, OT levels and all) nothing even came close.

cleared cannibal

Generally speaking if everything is going good and one does not have any concerns they are not going to do Scn. I think even Scn recognises this in that they have to find a ruin. Ever see an OCA from a raw meat public which wasn't bad in some area? They will try to make a ruin if you don't have one.

I have said before there are three basic types of people who get into Scn

1. Idealistic, usually young people out to make a difference and save the world.

2. Those that have had a traumatic life event or just traumatic life and are searching for answers or comfort.

3. Those the church would call suppressives who who like to exert power over and control others.

I am excluded those born into it and know nothing else.

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
I got to come to know some really wonderful people in spite of the fact we were deeply under the influence of a nasty little cult called scn.

EZ Linus

Cleared Tomato
I got to come to know some really wonderful people in spite of the fact we were deeply under the influence of a nasty little cult called scn.

I second that.

Despite the fact that my friends are not allowed to speak to me (and maybe that means they don't really love me) I still love them and have incredibly great memories that I can't seem to let go of. I miss them.

At Flag, on Sundays, at the Hacienda apartments, all the Italians (public and Sea Org) would get together and make big meals (pasta!) and it was like we were all family.

So yes, the comradare.

Veda

Sponsor
Randomly chosen, here's a good experience in Scientology:

Having worked at a summer job, at the seashore, to get the money to buy the Scientology training levels, from Student Hat through the Hubbard Standard Dianetics Course through the five Lower levels, I had just completed the Student Hat, and was now at one of many tables in the enormous Academy room of the New York Org at the Martinique Hotel.

I was on the HSDC theory part and approaching completion. The course Supervisor came over and informed me that the person who was my twin was going to also be my PreClear, when it came time to audit.

My twin was a very tall Monty Python-esque/John Cleese sort of character, and we had often eaten lunch together at the nearby Automat, occasionally serenaded by a white-coated elderly fellow whose job it was to push a small tray around, picking up empty glasses and plates. The old fellow sang in perfect pitch while performing an assortment of operas.

Automat-Historical.jpg

It seemed like almost everything we did was comedic or ironic, and my twin could simply raise an eyebrow and I would find it funny. It was enjoyable.

But now I was going to audit someone who could make me laugh, pretty much at will?

This I did not eagerly anticipate.

Nonetheless, we continued, and then the day came when I took my PC into session for the first time. Everything went well, and this continued for several days, session after session, until one day when he said something which - at the time, and with a particular expression on his face - seemed, to me, to be incredibly hilarious.

There we were, sitting at a table, in an auditing room, with an e-meter between us and, as my PC, he was "way down the track" following a Dianetic (R3R) chain of incidents.

I ask him, "What is the duration of the incident?"

He responded with eyes closed but a slight Monty Python-esque smirk, "One good fuck."

At that point something extraordinary happened. Every cell in my body wanted to laugh - and I mean laugh hysterically - but I stepped outside myself and took control and calmly, and effortlessly, said, "Move through the incident to a point one good fuck later."

And the session continued to successful completion, and I soon graduated to continue my Scientology adventure.

It doesn't sound like much, but it was a very interesting experience.

There were lots of little experiences like that and it added to the mix that motivated me to continue.

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser

<snip>

He responded with eyes closed but a slight Monty Python-esque smirk, "One good fuck."

<snip> "Move through the incident to a point one good fuck later."

<snip>

<snip>.

Ah, those fine moments !

I did co audit with a really cute gal. When she was the pc she was hot to do me, but, auditors code & all that.
When I was the pc I was hot after her. Back & forth it went ! When the co audit was over & we were free to go after one another ? No interest. LOL !

tr8theta

I Love Kitties
These are experiences that - in and of themselves - were positive.

daisy-on-railroad-track.jpg.1145x0_q71_crop-scale.jpg

Please stay on the very limited topic. :)

If no one has anything positive to add on the subject, that's fine. It will be an empty thread, and that's OK.

I really like this photo. On my home property I have arose of sharon bush that managed to (miraculously) grow out of a small crack in the cement between my garage and paveway.
Also reminds me of the comment made by Jeff Goldblim in the Jurassic Park 1 movie "Life will find a way!" So Veda you have opened the door to 'good experiences" in SCN.
If there are any ESBM people or other folks who are so severely anti-SCN and/or anti-LRH...whose experiences were in no way "good" at all then either don't read the posts on this thread or if you do don't be critical of me or anyone else who elects to share what THEY consider to be a good experience for THEM. I take it from the thread title that this thread is NOT intended to be a place to post any anti-SCN or anti-LRH sentiment- there are plenty of threads for that! (but if I am wrong I certainly don't wish to violate any forum rules of free speech)

I will limit myself to first telling only one tiny - perhaps insignificant or non-spectacular to you but nonetheless a meaningful story for me here to see how it goes. If anyone would sincerely like to hear more of my personal good experiences...then I will post another. If the reaction is sour (or anti) then I will not.

My post at the time onboard the Apollo was Mimeo Files I/C, under Sue Baker. It was March 13th (1972 I think) LRH's birthday. As you may guess quite a few crew members sent him well wishes in writing. I took a piece of thick paper and drew two stars with cute little sparkles on each star On one star I wrote "YOU" and on the other I wrote "ME" and I connected the two stars with a straight line. The only other thing I wrote was Happy Birthday Sir, from Tom R (Mimeo Files I/C) on the bottom. Later that afternoon I walked by the porthole looking directly and clearly into LRH's office. LRH was sitting at his desk and I took a peek inside and saw my "card" on his desk. It was the ONLY card on his desk (yes I was able to see his desk that well) This really blew me away that he would pick mine from all others. Some reading this may say to themselves "WTF, big f'en deal" ...and that's okay. But for one crew member low on the totem pole of rank and post as I was at the time, who held LRH in high regard...it WAS a big deal.
TR8

pineapple

Having worked at a summer job, at the seashore, to get the money to buy the Scientology training levels, from Student Hat through the Hubbard Standard Dianetics Course through the five Lower levels, I had just completed the Student Hat, and was now at one of many tables in the enormous Academy room of the New York Org at the Martinique Hotel.

I was on the HSDC theory part and approaching completion. The course Supervisor came over and informed me that the person who was my twin was going to also be my PreClear, when it came time to audit.

My twin was a very tall Monty Python-esque/John Cleese sort of character, and we had often eaten lunch together at the nearby Automat, occasionally serenaded by a white-coated elderly fellow whose job it was to push a small tray around, picking up empty glasses and plates. The old fellow sang in perfect pitch while performing an assortment of operas.

Automat-Historical.jpg

It seemed like almost everything we did was comedic or ironic, and my twin could simply raise an eyebrow and I would find it funny. It was enjoyable.

But now I was going to audit someone who could make me laugh, pretty much at will?

This I did not eagerly anticipate.

Nonetheless, we continued, and then the day came when I took my PC into session for the first time. Everything went well, and this continued for several days, session after session, until one day when he said something which - at the time, and with a particular expression on his face - seemed, to me, to be incredibly hilarious.

There we were, sitting at a table, in an auditing room, with an e-meter between us and, as my PC, he was "way down the track" following a Dianetic (R3R) chain of incidents.

I ask him, "What is the duration of the incident?"

At that point something extraordinary happened. Every cell in my body wanted to laugh - and I mean laugh hysterically - but I stepped outside myself and took control and calmly, and effortlessly, said, "Move through the incident to a point one good fuck later."

And the session continued to successful completion, and I soon graduated to continue my Scientology adventure.

There were lots of little experiences like that and it added to the mix that motivated me to continue.

Amusing story. Nice picture. I think your memory (or mine) is a little off on the wording of that R3R command, though.

As I remember it, when I learned to run R3R on the HSDC in 1975, we did not repeat the duration when telling the pc to move through the incident. We said "Move through to the end of the incident." The version of the command you mention, "Move through the incident to a point (duration) later" belongs on the NED course, which came out a few years later. I remember this because I thought it was an annoying and unnecessary addition, like much of the rest of NED.

To try to stay on topic, though: I believe doing TR's 0-4 (almost every day for 6 1/2 years) actually DID improve my ability to communicate, and this resulted in greatly increased self-confidence. This is a benefit which continued after I left scn, and if I had to put it in just a few words I'd say that's the main thing scn did for me.

Veda

Sponsor
Amusing story. Nice picture. I think your memory (or mine) is a little off on the wording of that R3R command, though.

As I remember it, when I learned to run R3R on the HSDC in 1975, we did not repeat the duration when telling the pc to move through the incident. We said "Move through to the end of the incident." The version of the command you mention, "Move through the incident to a point (duration) later" belongs on the NED course, which came out a few years later. I remember this because I thought it was an annoying and unnecessary addition, like much of the rest of NED.

Well, this was 1971, and, although I don't have an HSDC pack handy, I did retrieve an old copy of the 1975 book Dianetics Today. It states, under R3R procedure:

"Step seven: Send the pc through the incident with the exact command: 'Move through the incident to a point (duration established in step four) later'."

I do recall there being some modifications in these commands pre 1978 NED. Perhaps the Dianetics Today book was published in early 1975, and the command was modified later in 1975?

In any event, I had these circa 1971 commands so well memorized that when I resigned my membership in the organization in 1983 and, then, in 1985, did a lot of auditing at a break away mission, without any review of materials, I audited R3R, the Grades, and a bunch of other things fairly confidently and successfully.

So I'm pretty sure the commands circa 1971 were as I stated, not that it really matters. :)

We're probably both right, and you were on the other side of a command change in R3R. I also recall that 1975 the era of red on yellow BTBs - Board Technical Bulletins - so anything was possible!

To try to stay on topic, though: I believe doing TR's 0-4 (almost every day for 6 1/2 years) actually DID improve my ability to communicate, and this resulted in greatly increased self-confidence. This is a benefit which continued after I left scn, and if I had to put it in just a few words I'd say that's the main thing scn did for me.