What's new

Hello. I am an exscientologist...

Miss Ellie

Miss Ellie
Welcome Screamer2! You are one of many yet you are unique.... share if and when you want. We are a fun bunch, most of the time, other times we are just plain weird. We support each other, yak a lot and enjoy this wonderful place. I hope you will feel at home here.

Wilbur

Patron Meritorious
Don't be offended screamer2, but I suspect from your use of "much love" to sign off that you are a fairly recent ex. Hahaha, I haven't used ML since I left the church (and found it a bit weird even when I was in).

WELCOME!!!!

Wilbur.

screamer2

Idiot Bastardson
Don't be offended screamer2, but I suspect from your use of "much love" to sign off that you are a fairly recent ex. Hahaha, I haven't used ML since I left the church (and found it a bit weird even when I was in).

WELCOME!!!!

Wilbur.

Well, I know the GO hangs out here.

Veda

Sponsor

WELCOME!!!!

Wilbur.

I don't recall "much love." I do recall "Love = Ron," at the end of some missives from Hubbard.

Where was "much love" used?

EZ Linus

Cleared Tomato
Shouldn't we let this person have a little time before we do a full cavity search on him?

Is this a contest to see how quickly we can introvert a new poster?

That's not my intention at all. I was playing really, and I didn't exactly realize that screamer2 was getting crap for using "Much Love." I also thought that was play. I used "much love" for a few years after I left as well. I had to consciously stop using it, only because Hubbard used it all the time, but I always liked using it and felt like he shouldn't own(TM) the sentiment (dammit!) Still, I made myself stop to distance myself further from any jargon and I felt it was good for me in the long run. I now have different closings for different letters, depending on who I'm writing to and I like it much better this way. :)

Yours,
EZL

PS: Veda, Hubbard often closed with "ML, Ron" on more personal HCOBs.

PPS: I was playing with mention of the GO because OSA does police this site and I wanted to know, in a light, playful way, why someone would refer to them in such an antiquated context. I didn't feel "safe" just asking. Meow meow out of the bag now.

Veda

Sponsor
:):):)
That's not my intention at all. I was playing really, and I didn't exactly realize that screamer2 was getting crap for using "Much Love." I also thought that was play. I used "much love" for a few years after I left as well. I had to consciously stop using it, only because Hubbard used it all the time, but I always liked using it and felt like he shouldn't own(TM) the sentiment (dammit!) Still, I made myself stop to distance myself further from any jargon and I felt it was good for me in the long run. I now have different closings for different letters, depending on who I'm writing to and I like it much better this way. :)

Yours,
EZL

PS: Veda, Hubbard often closed with "ML, Ron" on more personal HCOBs.

PPS: I was playing with mention of the GO because OSA does police this site and I wanted to know, in a light, playful way, why someone would refer to them in such an antiquated context. I didn't feel "safe" just asking. Meow meow out of the bag now.

Thanks for the clarification.

No problem.

Wilbur

Patron Meritorious
Shouldn't we let this person have a little time before we do a full cavity search on him?

Is this a contest to see how quickly we can introvert a new poster?

Sorry Veda. I thought it was amusing seeing "much love", and just wondered whether (s)he realised it was Scientologese. I did preface my post with "Don't be offended but...". And I hope Screamer2 WON'T be introverted by my pointing it out. (S)he is very welcome to the board, and I look forward to stories.

W.

Wilbur

Patron Meritorious
I don't recall "much love." I do recall "Love = Ron," at the end of some missives from Hubbard.

I saw "much love" (in the abbreviated form "ML") at the end of every letter written to me by a Scientologist. I also used to use it in written communications to other Scientologists. I thought everybody used it.

anonomog

Gold Meritorious Patron

ML/much love is used in so many letters coming from the church published online, that I think of it as scientologese as much as entheta, enturbulate, cog <and the list goes on>. Have no clue if Ron used it, but when I see that I immediately associate it with scientologists, indie scientologists or ex-scientologists. I have not come across it anywhere else. Just my 2c as an outsider.

But that is a sidetrack. Hi Screamer2:hey:

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
I saw "much love" (in the abbreviated form "ML") at the end of every letter written to me by a Scientologist. I also used to use it in written communications to other Scientologists. I thought everybody used it.

An old girlfriend told me that dating is easy - you just keep talking. That's kind of what we are doing here until Screamer gives us a little direction.

I absolutely equate the "Much Love and it's abbreviated version ML" with Scientology correspondence. I consciously avoid using it and the dreaded "L" by itself.

L
R​

...on onion skin - now that takes me back!