What's new

Good experiences in Scientology

In&Out

Patron
Hell, we oldies, when playing the minister gig have been known to put on the dog collar and go where no man was supposed to go and, using CoHA as some sort of magic wand, inferring it to be the Bible, use it as a passport and symbol of entrée to where normal mortals had no entry! :biggrin:

Contrary to church guidelines, I solo'd several of these processes on myself about a month after reading Dianetics, right in my bedroom or living room. I also ran some from Science of Survival. One of these processes (can't remember which book it was from) enabled me to leave my body, providing first hand knowledge of my separate existence from body. That's my biggest spiritual "win" to date from any religion or philosophy, so I guess it counts as a "Good Experience in Scientology". I never had much auditing, so most my other good Scientology experience is from good times in Hollywood with other Scientologists. Also felt awesome during and after the Purification Rundown.

Leaving the body sold me on everything LRH. If not for that experience, would not likely have joined Sea Org.

phenomanon

Canyon
Contrary to church guidelines, I solo'd several of these processes on myself about a month after reading Dianetics, right in my bedroom or living room. I also ran some from Science of Survival. One of these processes (can't remember which book it was from) enabled me to leave my body, providing first hand knowledge of my separate existence from body. That's my biggest spiritual "win" to date from any religion or philosophy, so I guess it counts as a "Good Experience in Scientology". I never had much auditing, so most my other good Scientology experience is from good times in Hollywood with other Scientologists. Also felt awesome during and after the Purification Rundown.

Leaving the body sold me on everything LRH. If not for that experience, would not likely have joined Sea Org.

Selective processes from COHA make for a very effective " Life Repair". I had my biggest 'spiritual experience' from that processing .

RogerB

Crusader

Yes, In&Out . . . that was part of the trap of Scientology . . . Indeed, it produced what Alan Walter (Alan, here) referred to as us becoming "ascension addicts." We experienced this big, wonderful and wild but not understood new condition and we got hooked on tying to either get more of it or get it again!

The trap part is that the phenomenon was never understood by Hubbard nor in the Scientology "tech" . . . indeed, it is so misunderstood by them that any time a person has a big win like that, the cult makes a problem of it. To understand this point one only has to look at the Hubbard schtick of his "Out Int" gambit and the endless, endless R/D to try and "correct the outness" of going "ext."

In actuality, it is an ascending into a higher awareness . . . and what should have been done is: validate and honor the win and do the actions, R/Ds needed to stabilize the new awareness condition and put it more under you full knowing control.

R

Wilbur

Patron Meritorious

That's interesting. When I first got in, I was very tempted to try stuff myself, but was castigated by people in the org and told "you need an auditor and C/S". It's evidently too difficult to bill people for hours when they are auditing themselves. The double-think was also quite interesting to behold. No process is "old and no longer used" (technical degrades), but if you ever announced that you were going to audit your way through COHA, you were pulled into a room and shown some reference or other, and persuaded not to try it. The argument amounted to "old and no longer used".

My mental escape from the church didn't come until I audited stuff myself solo, and realised that, if it did work, I could do it myself. And if it didn't work, I didn't need the church anyway. I saw that the church carefully and patiently indoctrinates you to think that you "need" them. At least with Transcendental Meditation, which I tried before Scn, you paid to learn the technique, but then were free to practise it without any further pay-as-you-go, if you wished. Same with most things (yoga, tai chi, etc): once you know the techniques, they belong to you. Scn is the Monsanto approach to Spiritual Freedom (tm).

Wilbur

Patron Meritorious
Re: $cientology $ucks

that's actually true what you wrote from experience and what I know now.

The very first person I told I was involved in scientology, he was a coworker and friend, I didn't tell any other friends or family at the time I got involved in scientology.

When I told my friend, he replied "you have to be careful about that stuff". Unfortunately I didn't question him further nor did he explain further. I was reading the beginning books A New Slant on Life and Problems of Work at the time, I thought they were wonderful, gave me info that I thought was useful, the cheese. Since I had read dianetics before, the glue was going "clear" which I wanted. Hubbard thoroughly implanted that in my mind.

I wish my friend would have said some things like, you ought to do a due diligence and look at the subject from a critical mind point of view, do you know of rhetoric and the 3 means of persuasion and is Hubbard using such, are there really "clears", questions like that would have been useful to me at the time. And I think these are questions or points to ask existing members as well.

Nowadays one can ask a very beginning person to do such on the internet. :thumbsup:

Edit to add:

Scientologists say read this book and use Hard Sell.

Exmembers say read the internet.:confused2:

:biggrin:

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

You are so right. BUT... I basically applied that formula all the way through Scientology. I looked closely at Hubbard, and studied the OTs and Clears that I met carefully. I met a few people who were quite dynamic, but I also met a lot of OTIIIs and OTVs that I didn't think had anything special. I met one or two OTIIIs that I thought "WTF - he's OTIII?". And a Class XII and a Class IX, both of whom I thought had terrible TRs. But the desire that I had for it to be true made me put that to one side, and continue with Scientology. There was always a way to justify it in one's mind. I could easily dismiss books by people like Jon Atack by telling myself that he probably wasn't correctly set up for the OT levels. He wasn't ready, so of course he got nothing out of it. Had I known that Class XII auditors were blowing, and that the Class XII, Hubbard-trained, Senior C/S Int who helped developed NOTs had been declared, and that many of Hubbard's children left Scientology in one way or another (Arthur doesn't bother with it; Nibs left; Quentin committed suicide or was murdered, and was a Class XII) that may have influenced my thinking a lot earlier. Now that we have the internet, that kind of stuff is easier to check.

So I think that if one is going to tell people about the cheese on the trap, then one should also mention the fact that people will often wilfully ignore the "out-points" they see, because they WANT Scientology to be true. Pointing people to stories from blown OTVIIIs and Class XIIs might be a very effective way of giving them the full picture. There was a time when, upon discovering that someone like Karen or David Mayo was no longer in, I would have wanted to fly half-way around the globe to meet them and get their viewpoint. Thankfully the internet now saves me the journey, and I have already made my mind up about the church.

But I think the best way to reach people who are "in" but wobbling is to point out to them that they should do a full doubt formula. And that means looking at what you have gotten by the time you reach the top of the Bridge. Don't tell them it is bad. Just say that they are wobbling because they have noticed out-points, and they should now look at what it is they will get for their half-a-million dollars and 20 years of effort. Tell them to look into how many Class XIIs have left; how many OTVIIIs have left. And what stories do they have to tell? Are they saying "Scientology good - Int Management bad". Or are they saying "I was conned - it's all a crock". That's what I would do. I would tell them that I have done my doubt formula and come to my own conclusion, but that they should look at it THEMSELVES. And not take the church's word for anything.

W.

EZ Linus

Cleared Tomato
Personally, I don't subscribe to the view that someone should ease one out of Scientology by trying to tell them, "Scientology: good, Int Management: bad." I think you can only be a safe haven for a person if they decide to leave. No negative influence before that, period. Once they reveal they want to leave, help them out--to leave.

Once they are out, there's nothing wrong with sharing your own story. I was pretty cryptic with my friends still in that had doubts (minus a very select few) about what I thought or believed in regards to Scientology. And they didn't get to know my leaving story in detail (if ever) until they were out and had their own realizations. However, by then, I would have directed them to sources to debunk the myth of Hubbard, his credentials and the lies he fed us. I'd do that as soon as they were safely out.

phenomanon

Canyon
Personally, I don't subscribe to the view that someone should ease one out of Scientology by trying to tell them, "Scientology: good, Int Management: bad." I think you can only be a safe haven for a person if they decide to leave. No negative influence before that, period. Once they reveal they want to leave, help them out--to leave.

Once they are out, there's nothing wrong with sharing your own story. I was pretty cryptic with my friends still in that had doubts (minus a very select few) about what I thought or believed in regards to Scientology. And they didn't get to know my leaving story in detail (if ever) until they were out and had their own realizations. However, by then, I would have directed them to sources to debunk the myth of Hubbard, his credentials and the lies he fed us. I'd do that as soon as they were safely out.

the Entrance door is my target.
The Exit door is harder to find.

In&Out

Patron
Selective processes from COHA make for a very effective " Life Repair". I had my biggest 'spiritual experience' from that processing .

Since you concluded Scientology as a whole does not work, have you sought or found a legitimate explanation for your experience? Has that experience enabled you to better benefit from other spiritual or mental pursuits?

In&Out

Patron
Yes, In&Out . . . that was part of the trap of Scientology . . . Indeed, it produced what Alan Walter (Alan, here) referred to as us becoming "ascension addicts." We experienced this big, wonderful and wild but not understood new condition and we got hooked on tying to either get more of it or get it again!

The trap part is that the phenomenon was never understood by Hubbard nor in the Scientology "tech" . . . indeed, it is so misunderstood by them that any time a person has a big win like that, the cult makes a problem of it. To understand this point one only has to look at the Hubbard schtick of his "Out Int" gambit and the endless, endless R/D to try and "correct the outness" of going "ext."

In actuality, it is an ascending into a higher awareness . . . and what should have been done is: validate and honor the win and do the actions, R/Ds needed to stabilize the new awareness condition and put it more under you full knowing control.

R

It seems many people have had rather astounding spiritual events from Scientology procedures, but are thereafter unable to duplicate the experience at will. Do you think proper validation and stabilization would remedy this? I have duplicated "leaving the body" on two other occasions. I have also experienced, on countless occasions, what LRH called "returning" to an incident, although these have never involved unpleasant engrams. The "return" is genetrally comprised of a short "film experience" that usually ends when I become aware of what is occurring. "Leaving", on the other hand, is much more exhilarating. It is also a little frightening, which is why I do not often attempt it. There is a certain undeniable aspect of this that is very intense and makes one fear for his bodily life as the transition occurs. There is an "interdimensional" aspect to it, which may not be entirely accurate but is the best description I can give. It is literally "out of this world" and difficult to explain. Are there any groups of Ex-Scn looking into these things? LRH was smart for sure, but so are we.... has anyone looked beyond LRH to find explanations for these things?

RogerB

Crusader
Well, In&Out, you wrote:

Are there any groups of Ex-Scn looking into these things? LRH was smart for sure, but so are we.... has anyone looked beyond LRH to find explanations for these things?

The answer is yes, very much so.

Alan Walter developed in the order of around a dozen R/Ds to handle various aspects of huge ascension experience gains and recovered abilities and power . . . one such is called the "Big Win Stabilization Process," another is called the "Blocks to Maintaining Ascension Handling."

All this is dealt with over at the http://knowledgism-practice-group.org where the guys and gals work together on using Alan's advanced tech.

R

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
It seems many people have had rather astounding spiritual events from Scientology procedures, but are thereafter unable to duplicate the experience at will. Do you think proper validation and stabilization would remedy this? I have duplicated "leaving the body" on two other occasions. I have also experienced, on countless occasions, what LRH called "returning" to an incident, although these have never involved unpleasant engrams. The "return" is genetrally comprised of a short "film experience" that usually ends when I become aware of what is occurring. "Leaving", on the other hand, is much more exhilarating. It is also a little frightening, which is why I do not often attempt it. There is a certain undeniable aspect of this that is very intense and makes one fear for his bodily life as the transition occurs. There is an "interdimensional" aspect to it, which may not be entirely accurate but is the best description I can give. It is literally "out of this world" and difficult to explain. Are there any groups of Ex-Scn looking into these things? LRH was smart for sure, but so are we.... has anyone looked beyond LRH to find explanations for these things?

The experience of leaving your body (exteriorization) is not something LRH discovered. There is a huge amount of information about it on the internet. Books, websites, blogs, forums and none of them related to scientology.

I had such an experience years before I got into scientology but during my 15+ years in scientology it never happened again.

Go onto Amazon and look for books on "out of body experience" and you'll get some idea of the wealth of information about it.

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband

Good for you. My biggest 'spiritual experience' and 'life repair' was getting the fuck out of scientology.

EZ Linus

Cleared Tomato
Good for you. My biggest 'spiritual experience' and 'life repair' was getting the fuck out of scientology.

Ha ha ha!!!!

Honestly, I was a kid when I got into Scientology, so I had a kind of "magical" thinking. Really, I think there was an element of illusion of control by proxy. Ha ha. (Part of my theory of the hypnotic indoctrination I'm working on anyway). I was poking around with Zen and astral projection in general just before reading L. Ron Hubbard books and knew that Scientology had "secrets" to leaving your body at will. I had countless moments when I thought I was "going exterior" mainly because it was the expected result of trying to.

I do not feel that way anymore now that I've had almost as many years out as I had inside the cult (as an adult).

Now I have come to understand what disassociation is. Those of us that felt we went exterior might want to look into what that means exactly.

I had to edit this post because I felt it was not very clear.

Last edited:

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
This whole exteriorisation issue is complete bollocks as far as I'm concerned, although having said that, it is what got me interested in scientology in the first place, after all, who wouldn't want to be able to fly like a bird and 'knock people's hats off at fifty yards'.

However, I'm older now and (hopefully ) a little wiser, so until somebody can explain how (yes, it's the same old boring question I ask time after time) one is able to perceive the physical universe without the organs that normally do the job like eyes and ears etc. I'm going to remain extremely skeptical.

Bill

Gold Meritorious Patron
The thing to always remember about the "good bits of Scientology" is that any "gains" are ambiguous and minor while the greed, abuses and failures are very real and are usually major. Families are destroyed. People's lives are ruined. People have died.

Any Scientology "gains" that are just like the results of having a good sleep or eating well are meaningless. "I feel good." "I'm more aware." "I'm better able to cope with life." These are the typical "gains" you hear from Scientologists.

Scientology is a well designed trap and the few seemingly "good" bits are the bait in that trap. It is important that this is what is communicated when discussing Scientology.

In&Out

Patron
The experience of leaving your body (exteriorization) is not something LRH discovered. There is a huge amount of information about it on the internet. Books, websites, blogs, forums and none of them related to scientology.

I had such an experience years before I got into scientology but during my 15+ years in scientology it never happened again.

Go onto Amazon and look for books on "out of body experience" and you'll get some idea of the wealth of information about it.

Correct Thetan, this is nothing new! People have been doing this for thousands of years, and probably with a variety of methods. To gain entrance into the ancient (pre-historical) Egyptian priesthood, the initiate was required to leave his/her body, and if necessary, there was a method for actually "killing" the initiate and then bringing him/her back to the body. I don't think Scientology uses that process though!

In&Out

Patron
Well, In&Out, you wrote:

The answer is yes, very much so.

Alan Walter developed in the order of around a dozen R/Ds to handle various aspects of huge ascension experience gains and recovered abilities and power . . . one such is called the "Big Win Stabilization Process," another is called the "Blocks to Maintaining Ascension Handling."

All this is dealt with over at the http://knowledgism-practice-group.org where the guys and gals work together on using Alan's advanced tech.

R
Thanks RogerB. Will check it out!