What's new

New post editor

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Hi everyone, I've installed a new editor (the thing you use to compose posts). Can you please let me know if you like it better or worse than the old one.

It has more features including super & sub script (you're welcome HH) and it seems to do most things better.

There are 2 smilie faces. The white one just gives you the basic smilies. The black one gives you the normal choices (will open up a window below).

Let me know what you think.

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
[bcolor=#cc99ff]It has background colours. I shudder to think how this might be used.[/bcolor]

Edit:
Don't do this.It looks awful (unreadable) on the darker theme.

TrevAnon

Big List researcher
unorderd list
  • f
  • h
  • s
  • gh
ordered list

1. a
  2. b
  3. c
  4. d
X[sub]subscript[/sub]

X[sup]superscript[/sup]

This is serious a joke

wtf is a nonbreaking space? testing hmm never mind

[bcolor=#ccffff]hi there testing colors[/bcolor]

[bcolor=#ffffff]setting to default doesn't seem to work there? I had to manually select text black and background white.[/bcolor]

[bcolor=#ffffff]:) :dance3:[/bcolor]

[bcolor=#ffffff]the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog [/bcolor]

the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog​

the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog

I like it!

anonomog

Gold Meritorious Patron
The quote might be a problem

I had to go to the bulletin board editor to write more outside the quote tags. Anyone else have this problem. You are unable to click outside the quote?

tesseract

Patron with Horrors
One thing I noticed - earlier on but also today - is that the editor does sometimes insert minor text size changes somewhere in the post without me clicking any icons. Otherwise I just have inserted smilies and links in those posts (including PMs) before that happened. I then noticed text size fluctuations at the latest in the preview. I first wondered if it's a bug regarding the phone display. But alas, if I go to the "simple mode" text editor, one can see that there are actually stray BB codes that have been inserted! I then just delete them...
Anyone else having that happening? :)
As a note, this is ofcourse a minor thing that doesn't need quick fixing but I'd like to inform you (plural) about this and probably other minor bugs / dysfunctional stuff for documentary purposes and because as a programming illiterate I don't know what information might be of use, telling of hidden issues. ;)
:rose:

A bit like the issue of which font was in place as the default font... I too suddenly got all text displayed in a Serif font and am glad it got fixed as I prefer Sans Serif too.
:flowers:

Last edited:

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
I like it, much more than the previous one.
:cool:

Especially the strike through that was missing and the table function is super :)

[xtable=738x82]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=98x@} {/td}
{td=81x@} {/td}
{td=106x@} {/td}
{td=102x@} {/td}
{td=106x@} {/td}
{td=97.45x@} {/td}
{td=104.55x@} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr=@x15}
{td=98x15} {/td}
{td=81x15} {/td}
{td=106x15} {/td}
{td=102x15} {/td}
{td=106x15} {/td}
{td=97.45x15} {/td}
{td=104.55x15} {/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Much Thanks ;)

phenomanon

Canyon

Especially the strike through that was missing and the table function is super :)

[xtable=skin1|738x150]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=98x@} {/td}
{td=81x@} {/td}
{td=106x@} {/td}
{td=102x@} {/td}
{td=106x@} {/td}
{td=97.45x@} {/td}
{td=104.55x@} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr=@x15}
{td=98x15} {/td}
{td=81x15} {/td}
{td=106x15} {/td}
{td=102x15} {/td}
{td=106x15} {/td}
{td=97.45x15} {/td}
{td=104.55x15} {/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
Much Thanks ;)

[xtable=skin1|738x150]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=98x@} {/td}
{td=81x@} {/td}
{td=106x@} {/td}
{td=102x@} {/td}
{td=106x@} {/td}
{td=97.45x@} {/td}
{td=104.55x@} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr=@x15}
{td=98x15} {/td}
{td=81x15} {/td}
{td=106x15} {/td}
{td=102x15} {/td}
{td=106x15} {/td}
{td=97.45x15} {/td}
{td=104.55x15} {/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
Much Thanks ;)
Since alls I can remember how to do is 'reply', it all looks good to me. I am afraid to click on any of the options yet, but they look easy...
Shit! I clicked on the 'color' one and my screen scrolled and Facebook showed. I reckon I will stick to being handicapped by advanced age.
Fooking computers!

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
Since alls I can remember how to do is 'reply', it all looks good to me. I am afraid to click on any of the options yet, but they look easy...
Shit! I clicked on the 'color' one and my screen scrolled and Facebook showed. I reckon I will stick to being handicapped by advanced age.
Fooking computers!
My 'puter seems to have a mind of it's own. Sometimes it even has the nerve to tell me it doesn't recognize me & wants me to give it some secret password !

I'm more than slightly leery of pushing new buttons here on ESMB, but, it sure looks pretty ! I'm learning. Hell, I didn't even know 'Fonts' had families !

And WTF is a Smilies "picker" ? Somebody picks on 'em ? What's up with that kind of stuff - sort of kinky !

Anyway, I plod of long . . . . one button at a time :)

Lone Star

Crusader
Hi everyone, I've installed a new editor (the thing you use to compose posts). Can you please let me know if you like it better or worse than the old one.

It has more features including super & sub script (you're welcome HH) and it seems to do most things better.

There are 2 smilie faces. The white one just gives you the basic smilies. The black one gives you the normal choices (will open up a window below).

Let me know what you think.
I don't like any of it. New is not better. Please stop changing things. I have withholds on change.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

[bcolor=#e4f7ab]Oh Cool![/bcolor]

[bcolor=#ffffff]But, will it work if a poster is posting in a different language, let's say like--Scientologese? [/bcolor]

[bcolor=#ffffff]Let's run a stiff test, densely populated with theta nomenclature, and find out. . . [/bcolor]

"The advanced editor is a monumental and unprecedentedly gargantuan win[sup]1[/sup] on this planet."

[sup]1[/sup] Parishioners have already begun originating miraculous success stories on the doll-drills alone: "After getting in the Super-Editor Technology[sup]tm[/sup], I was able to throw away my eyeglasses for eternity!" - Billy B.

[bcolor=#ffffff]Whoa! It works! Thank you![/bcolor]

[bcolor=#ffffff].[/bcolor]

Last edited:

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
. . .
(Testing the editor . . . )

I've remodeled my reading room/home office in celebration of the new light blue colors.

And a new matching laptop and mouse from Amazon!

LisbethDigs.jpg

:wink:

Last edited:

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout
[format=cust1]Testing one
Testing two
testing custom three
Lime
Lime with burnt orange

Papyrus
:fuckoff:
I really like the the smilie categories tabs and expanded smilie choices!:coffee:
Please keep the dark background/blue feature. It's easier on my eyes.

post edit. Funny, the change in fonts mid reply didn't apply e.g. Papyrus and Comic sans. My whole post is in one default font. I'm not a big font whore anyways so no big deal. [/format]

Last edited:

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
testing

testing

testing

Testing

Testing

The fonts work ok for me.

Just have a play around with it.

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
. . .
(Testing the editor . . . )

I've remodeled my reading room/home office in celebration of the new light blue colors.

And a new matching laptop and mouse from Amazon!

I get it. You don't like it.

Do me a favour and go over to https://xenforo.com/community/resources/categories/styles-1-x.29/ and find me a style, that isn't all white (no border enforcement), isn't ugly, or doesn't use pastels and I'll buy it & install it.

Deal?

Edit: It also has to be compatible with the 20 or so add-ons I've installed, be maintained by the developer, not have bad feedback about load times etc.

Last edited:

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
[bcolor=#ffcc99]Testing TestingTesting... t.... oh never mind.... gah![/bcolor]

[bcolor=#ffcc99][bcolor=#ccffff]Cannot change , gah! now it frikken works, sort of.[/bcolor][/bcolor]

[bcolor=#ffcc99][bcolor=#ccffff]I'm running through the sizes and color choices, seems a bit buggy atm for me [/bcolor][/bcolor]

[bcolor=#ffcc99][bcolor=#ccffff]I keep trying, brb...[/bcolor][/bcolor]

[bcolor=#ffcc99][bcolor=#ccffff]vvvvvvv[/bcolor][/bcolor]

[bcolor=#ffcc99][bcolor=#ccffff]Now? what's with the orange left-over stripe?[/bcolor][/bcolor]
testing testing.
Lets try this again and see if the orange stays...

[bcolor=#99cc00]Okay?[/bcolor]

[bcolor=#ff99cc]Hmmmm,[/bcolor]

Well! This should certainly be fun for a number of ESMB members!

Noice work thus far Emma! You frikken ROCK!:party::cake2::bong::dance3::dance3::party::geekon:

[bcolor=#ffcc99][bcolor=#ccffff]I like [/bcolor][/bcolor]

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
I get it. You don't like it.
I was actually just having some fun with the few people who knew I was complaining
the first TWO weeks about too much baby blue and not enough contrast. If there's a shoop
in my post, expect the gag. (I made that "blue office shoop" a couple weeks ago actually.)

You've tweaked current "Light fixed width" in the past week to pretty damn good and ready
for prime time.

Adding the very, very dark blue on the left and right (with the fixed width) and at the top really
helps.

The slightly darker grey background separates the individual posts. Much better.

All the top navigation (and pop-ups) are much more visible and intuitive. Work well.

Some of the fonts have been darkened a bit along the way. Post editing bar is really good.

I've designed and coded and authored websites all by myself, so I can tell that you've done an incredible
amount of tweaking and redesigning to the pre-made components. All while a bunch of people (like me)
were yapping from the peanut gallery. Unless people have done this work, they haven't a clue.

I really, really admire the detail work you've done in the last two weeks. It shows!!
So . . . we're good now actually. :hattip:

Couple additional comments

1. During the early weeks of the site, I found a couple Google Chrome plugins that gave me controls to darken the fonts and overall contrast, when I was having trouble reading. I was really having a time with overly pastel fonts early on. Much, much better now and I don't need to use the plugins.

2. The "download entire thread" feature works like a charm and is worth the price of admission. I can cut and paste an entire thread into a Word document and read it continuously all the way through. I tried it with the "cowboy thread" (one of my favorites) and what cool thing to read it all in one sitting.

Now if it would only remove certain posters automatically -- like
Alanzo
and
Commander Birdsong
-- well that would be better yet! :shrug: :biggrin:

3. The feature to read an entire thread and only select certain posters to be visible is also nice. Like reading the "Shooting Stars" thread and selecting only Face's posts to show up, so it can be read as a single uninterrupted narrative. Very cool feature.

I hope people take advantage of the last two features because I've always said that some of the early and older threads contain an incredible amount of wonderful content. It's always been an issue of getting to it. Not so much now, truth be told.

Lisbeth

Last edited: