What's new

Travolta News . . . badda bing, badda boom!

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

I am kind of curious who directed this film, because he doesn't seem to have a clue about how to control his actors and keep them from "chewing up the scenery" (badly overacting).

Example: Travolta makes faces that he thinks are "bad guy faces". But Travolta (in Scientology terms) cannot "duplicate". The faces he makes were NOT the faces John Gotti made--

The-Life-and-Death-of-John-Gotti-2.png

Travolta has all the good intentions in the world, but by silly exaggerations he makes Gotti (a feared killer) into a cartoon characature. Gotti did not try to make scary gangster faces. Only an actor with frighteningly low powers of observation would think he is "duplicating" a mafia sociopath.

Anyone who knows "the streets" or has at least seen a few DOCUMENTARIES on Cosa Nostra hoodlums would know that they pride themselves on being slick, grinning bon vivant and hiding the menace behind stoic bravado. Yeah, when they get up close on a contract hit, they might unleash their sociopathic hatred, but not in open court, for God's sake!

Travolta doesn't understand what a gangster is and how they think and act. So he conjures up and SYNTHESIZES a puerile cartoonish idea and runs with that.

If Travolta did understand what a gangster is and how they think and act, he would have disconnected long, long ago from L. Ron Hubbard and David Miscavige. I'll bet if you asked him, JT would tell you that the toxic tandem of sociopaths (Hubbard and Miscavige) are "super uptone"!

He's utterly clueless, the same as Tom Cruise who claims that Scientology cured his severe learning disability. Cruise has had over three decades to "learn" that Miscavige is a raving psychopath, but instead, Cruise praises COB as the "leader of leaders" and sycophantishly grovels at his feet with praise ordinarily reserved for a saint or messiah.

CONCLUSION: Scientology and Scientologists NEVER have the abilities and "powers" they believe themselves to have. And if anyone asks them about that, they promptly attack the person with Fair Game. Because Ron told them to "always attack". When "attack" doesn't work (or makes it exponentially worse) Scientologists then promptly disconnect and lie about everything. Are there any other questions on how "planetary clearing" is done? LOL

HelluvaHoax!

More exhibits from the Gotti Gallery:

Here's how John Gotti looks when he was arrested and indicted for a long list of crimes that, if convicted, would get him many LIFETIME prison sentences. Anybody see any trace of Travolta's cartoon gangster grimace? ..

John_Gotti.jpg

Here's one in court, again facing "life in prison". No facial contortions--just the signature "punk grin" he carried with him his entire criminal career since he was a street thug doing strong armed robberies.

gotti-1.jpg

That wolf like leering look in his eyes (eyeing his prey) is sometimes matches with a 100 megawatt gangster grin (below). Travolta entirely missed the core of Gotti's personality, which was a wildly irresponsible and selfish human being; a thief, cheater, liar, womanizer, partier, user, gambler, drinker, sadist and murderer. He lived a wild life of reckless hedonistic abandon, check out how Gotti was when he was in his own element (below):

n0221036-jpg.jpg

All these dimensions and multi-faceted dynamics of Gotti's personality were skipped so that Travolta could render a simplistic 1 dimensional mafia cliche. Simplistic defines Travolta's view of the world and Scientology too, in case anyone missed that point.

010809-John-Gotti-1024x762-1024x787.png

Okay, so let's go back and check in on how Travolta is doing on "duplicating" Gotti's "beingness"...

hqdefault.jpg

Jesus, not so well! LOL. He's apparently sticking with that single feature he
apparently thinks has "captured" Gotti's personality. We're talking (again)
of course about that inverted contempt/indigestion mouth, lol. Nice try
JT, but sorry--you made that one up. Ron calls it "dub in".

It gets worse. . . JT is so enamored with the character hook he "discovered", he is doubling down in every scene--"strengthening his successful actions".

PROD-Celebrity-Sightings-in-New-York-City-February-22-2017.jpg

There's a name for this in urban ghettos (black/hispanic). They call it "MEAN MUGGING".

screen-shot-2017-09-26-at-12-13-50-pm.png

Travolta-Gotti.png

I don't think I can take any more of these ridiculous "mean mugging" faces. LOL

Okay, maybe just one more. Last one, promise!

medium_2017-09-26-8f9ff6ce82.jpg

I guess JT has been drilling on this. He has definitely got it down!

TR - MMM: Training Routine - Mafia Mean Mug.

OKAY JOHN, WE GET IT!

PASS, JOHN, PASS! Just please stop making those stupid faces!

Last edited:

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
After BFE its amazing he still gets work, but then its he and his buddies producing this drek. Nice posting up thar hoaxy! still lololololing :p

Demented Hubbatd

Patron with Honors
. . .
Biopic on mob boss John Gotti, The Life and Death of John Gotti, filming in Cincinnati beginning July 25.

Starring John Travolta as Gotti and his real-life wife, Kelly Preston, as Gotti’s spouse, Victoria.

“Entourage” actor Kevin Connolly will direct.

View attachment 12843

http://nypost.com/2016/07/14/biopic-on-mob-boss-john-gotti-wont-be-filming-in-new-york-city/

:coolwink:
Travolta was a main character in a very successful movie that made him famous. But that was long ago. His subsequent movies were duds. I don't think his new film falls into the category of spectacular movies.

Lone Star

Crusader
Travolta was a main character in a very successful movie that made him famous. But that was long ago. His subsequent movies were duds. I don't think his new film falls into the category of spectacular movies.
Actually he was the main character in three very successful movies which showcased his dancing ability. Saturday Night Fever in '77.....Grease in '78....and Urban Cowboy in '80. Of course he became a star doing the Vinny Barbarino character in Welcome Back Kotter which ran from '75 to '79 or '80.

But no doubt about it, SNF rocketed him into super stardom and then Urban Cowboy sustained that super star rank for several more years. Both of those movies had a major impact on the overall pop culture. I was in Junior High when SNF came out, and then in High School when Urban Cowboy hit the screens. It seemed that "everyone" wanted to go from being a platform shoe wearing Disco King to a boot scootin' faux Cowboy riding a mechanical bull. Hell I think mechanical bull contests popped up even in Europe. In the late 70s there was a nostalgia for the '50s which is what Grease satisfied. Schools had '50s dress up days I remember.

JT is more of a terrific dancer than he is an actor. He is a born natural. He could've had a huge career on Broadway if he had chosen that route. He's not the greatest actor, but he's not the worst either. He did a string of bad action movies like Broken Arrow after his career was resurrected doing his role in Pulp Fiction, which again showcased his dancing in a scene or two.

But there was one movie, not as well known, in which his acting impressed me. He played of all people Bill Clinton in Primary Colors, and I thought he did a very good portrayal of Slick Willie. I was pleasantly surprised. Oh, he did do Get Shorty after Pulp Fiction, which was quite successful.

But this Gotti film looks like it will be a stinker. For one thing I don't think there is much desire for mafia movies anymore. That is so 70s and 80s. Although I thought he pulled off Clinton, from what I've seen so far I don't think he pulls off Gotti very well.

Last edited:

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
That isn't the real Travolta is it ... it looks more like one of Madam Tussaud's wax dummys!

I just saw Pulp Fiction (again) a few days ago ... I really liked him back in the day and I do still love the famous dance scene but I won't be seeing this movie ... he must know what really goes on in the cult and how the staff are treated, it would be impossible for him not to.

He could do so much to help but chooses to ignore the facts and just keeps playing the silly scio game of pretense, it must be exhausting.

I always felt that he was one of the good guys but not anymore.

Wilbur

Patron Meritorious
Now who's the bad ass murderous mob boss? This guy puts it in writing and signs it!

1968-auditor37-r2-45.jpg
LRH is so smart. "...for pretending to have and distribute forged and altered "Upper Level Materials" which were of a Research nature and not for distribution."

Well, were they forged? Or altered? I don't see how it can be both.

Fortunately, LRH was right about one thing: those who commit overts against others will, if they can't put their own ethics in, make their crimes obvious to anyone with eyes to look.

W.

HelluvaHoax!

Gotti always looks happy.

Well yeah, that's one of the keys a great actor would use to play him. Sure, he also had a volcanic temper that he sadistically enjoyed letting erupt--but for the most part he always had a wolf's grin or (minimally) a street punk's sneer on his lips.

A decent actor would know that to portray menace, one doesn't simply make menacing faces. That's goofy silent movie fare where histrionic overacting was the convention to clue audiences in what was happening. That relic was found over a century ago and has no place in modern cinema.

If Travolta had studied the great cinematic villains, he would have quickly discovered that they were mutli-facted portrayals that more often than not HID the menace behind icy restraint--or layered it beneath an unnerving calm or diabolical delight. Think Anthony Hopkins (as Hannibal Lecter), Al Pacino (in the latter parts of Godfather I and all of Godfather II) or Nurse Rached (One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest). Another malevolent masterpiece was DeNiro's portrayal of Travis Bickle in the film Taxi Driver.

For whatever reason, Travolts doesn't have the acting chops to summon up "tone levels" that are (according to Hubbard) in the 1.1 to 2.0 band. He doesn't seem to be able to "confront" what Scientology calls "covert hostility"--whose inappropriately leering grins are standard fare for the majority of hardened street thugs, gangsters and mafiosi. Had Travolta ever gained the ability to "spot" or "confront" that tone level he would have blown from Scientology back in the 1980s because both the cult's gangster gurus (Hubbard/Miscavige) were both running the COS (Crimewave of Scientology).

Despite all the PR that Travolta is such a sweet and kind person, I don't see him evidencing those traits when it comes to even speaking a single word or taking a single action to address the cult's lying, fraud, stalking, kidnapping, terrorism, fair game and worse. Instead, Travolta offers up lame apologies and rigid grinning. Same mad grinning we see in Tom Cruise. See how this works, now? LOL. Both Cruise and Travolta are uncaring thugs (relevant to the cult's horrific abuses) but they both manifest those cold-hearted grins that I have been ranting that Gotti and other mafia members sport. Any difference really? LOL

HelluvaHoax!

That isn't the real Travolta is it ... it looks more like one of Madam Tussaud's wax dummys!

He could do so much to help but chooses to ignore the facts and just keeps playing the silly scio game of pretense, it must be exhausting.

I always felt that he was one of the good guys but not anymore.

I am praying with all my might that when I met Travolta and he treated me so nicely (that I wondered if it was Valentines Day)--that I didn't later describe him as "super theta". LOL.

Most who have met/interacted with him routinely call him a "sweetheart" and he does exude sweetness in social settings. I haven't seen him in other settings.

However, that's not entirely true. All the times Travolta shilled for Scientology, hid their secrets, enabled their crimes, facilitated their fraud and willingly gave his celebrity credence to their con games, he was a cult collaborator. Perhaps we can give him a pass for a decade or two because maybe Hollywood actors are not often very bright beyond their own performances and careers. Let's let him slide, also, for pretending to "not know" about anything of the diabolical black ops and blatant LYING that the cult does on a daily basis! Yeah, okay, so we'll pretend he "didn't know" that he was part of a sociopathic cult, sure, why not?

But, explosion of the INTERNET and worldwide proliferation of books, movies, documentaries, newspaper exposes, magazine tell-alls, blogs, videos, blown senior execs, blown celebrities and the magnificent data base available to anyone who's slightly interested in critical Scn websites like "The Underground Bunker", Mike Rinder's "Something Can Be Done About it" and our own "Ex Scn Message Board", no sane and honest person could possible claim they "didn't know" about Scientology's incessant lying, fraud and criminal abuse.

Yet, Travolta pretends he "doesn't know" and more recently "doesn't care".

Lots of grins, John, in all those interviews where you are asked about Scientology's ugly and destructive abusive practices. Grins, but no answers. And no care in the world if they are true or not.

What Travolta has become (unless he's been it all along and was just "acting") is a cold-hearted cult collaborator. At least if he was even marginally honest about it, this is what would happen when one of the reporters springs a question on him.

REPORTER
Hey John, what do you think about your old friend Leah Remini's
blockbuster TV show where all those Scientology victims have
finally started coming forward to tell their horror stories?

TRAVOLTA
I don't care.

REPORTER
Whattttt?

TRAVOLTA
You heard me, I don't give a shit.

REPORTER
I think you may have misunderstood my
question John, I was simply asking about
whether now that these horrific eyewitnesses
and victims are coming out to testify about

what Scientology is doing to people--whether
you planned to look into it.

TRAVOLTA
Read my lips. I.don't.give.a.fuck!

REPORTER
You don't give a fuck about people being
stalked, kidnapped, imprisoned & beaten?

TRAVOLTA
Who gives a shit?!

REPORTER
But--what about the child abuse, bankrupting
of helpless senior citizens, families destroyed,
rape victims, pedophilia and worse?

TRAVOLTA
Hey, I've got my millions, my mansions, my jet
airplanes and a ton of gay lovers, so what the fuck
do I care about what Scientology does to people? I like
what it does for me! That's all I need to know.

REPORTER
You don't care about children being raped?

TRAVOLTA
You gotta be fuckin' jokin! Nobody's raping
me, so where's the problem. As long as those
rapists and raped kids don't interfere with my
floating needles, fuck them and whatever they're
doing to each other.

REPORTER
Little innocent kids who have been serially raped by
church executives? You don't feel the slightest
pang of conscience that you want to help them?

TRAVOLTA
LOL, fuck no! I don't need their devT shit on
my lines! You know? You're really starting to
kill my beautiful buzz I got because I just attested
to the "RESPONSIBILITY RUNDOWN" and I already
ran out all my wholetrack overts on raping kids.

REPORTER
So, if the church rapists keep raping little kids,
you're good with that?

TRAVOLTA
Hey, let's talk about my new movie coming out. I
play a criminal that runs a violent cult that terrorizes
innocent people. You ever hear of John Gotti and
the Mafia? They just abused everyone and robbed and
stole and scammed people out of all their money. I think
it's a morality tale that we can all learn from. My character
goes to prison and dies.

REPORTER
Huh? What's the takeaway? Where's the moral lesson in that?

TRAVOLTA
That Gotti never ratted out other members of the mafia cult.
He was a stand-up guy! Hey you gotta respect that!

IWantOffThisTrain

Eternal Optimist
He's giving the same "face" he did in People vs OJ. We joked about it being like a kid playing dress up and this would be "serious grown up" look. He certainly doesnt capture any of Gottis inherent charm which is what actually makes Gotti a great subject for a movie.

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
Here is my original mock-up (shoop) for the straight-to-DVD
box set, if the worst were to have happened.
gotti2.jpg
:shrug:

BTW, I put a lot of the fault for the over-the-top clichéd acting
on the director, Kevin Connolly. He needed to control his actor
a bit better, if possible. Of course he had the "big star" right
there on set . . . and the "ex-acting boss" of the Gambino crime
family standing right there next to him. Maybe Kevin choked.
He should have seen in the dailies it wasn't happening.

Kevin was great at acting in Entourage but his directorial chops
are possibly lacking.

Last edited:

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
I am praying with all my might that when I met Travolta and he treated me so nicely (that I wondered if it was Valentines Day)--that I didn't later describe him as "super theta". LOL.

Most who have met/interacted with him routinely call him a "sweetheart" and he does exude sweetness in social settings. I haven't seen him in other settings.

However, that's not entirely true. All the times Travolta shilled for Scientology, hid their secrets, enabled their crimes, facilitated their fraud and willingly gave his celebrity credence to their con games, he was a cult collaborator. Perhaps we can give him a pass for a decade or two because maybe Hollywood actors are not often very bright beyond their own performances and careers. Let's let him slide, also, for pretending to "not know" about anything of the diabolical black ops and blatant LYING that the cult does on a daily basis! Yeah, okay, so we'll pretend he "didn't know" that he was part of a sociopathic cult, sure, why not?

But, explosion of the INTERNET and worldwide proliferation of books, movies, documentaries, newspaper exposes, magazine tell-alls, blogs, videos, blown senior execs, blown celebrities and the magnificent data base available to anyone who's slightly interested in critical Scn websites like "The Underground Bunker", Mike Rinder's "Something Can Be Done About it" and our own "Ex Scn Message Board", no sane and honest person could possible claim they "didn't know" about Scientology's incessant lying, fraud and criminal abuse.

Yet, Travolta pretends he "doesn't know" and more recently "doesn't care".

Lots of grins, John, in all those interviews where you are asked about Scientology's ugly and destructive abusive practices. Grins, but no answers. And no care in the world if they are true or not.

What Travolta has become (unless he's been it all along and was just "acting") is a cold-hearted cult collaborator. At least if he was even marginally honest about it, this is what would happen when one of the reporters springs a question on him.

REPORTER
Hey John, what do you think about your old friend Leah Remini's
blockbuster TV show where all those Scientology victims have
finally started coming forward to tell their horror stories?

TRAVOLTA
I don't care.

REPORTER
Whattttt?

TRAVOLTA
You heard me, I don't give a shit.

REPORTER
I think you may have misunderstood my
question John, I was simply asking about
whether now that these horrific eyewitnesses
and victims are coming out to testify about
what Scientology is doing to people--whether
you planned to look into it.

TRAVOLTA
Read my lips. I.don't.give.a.fuck!

REPORTER
You don't give a fuck about people being
stalked, kidnapped, imprisoned & beaten?

TRAVOLTA
Who gives a shit?!

REPORTER
But--what about the child abuse, bankrupting
of helpless senior citizens, families destroyed,
rape victims, pedophilia and worse?

TRAVOLTA
Hey, I've got my millions, my mansions, my jet
airplanes and a ton of gay lovers, so what the fuck
do I care about what Scientology does to people? I like
what it does for me! That's all I need to know.

REPORTER
You don't care about children being raped?

TRAVOLTA
You gotta be fuckin' jokin! Nobody's raping
me, so where's the problem. As long as those
rapists and raped kids don't interfere with my
floating needles, fuck them and whatever they're
doing to each other.

REPORTER
Little innocent kids who have been serially raped by
church executives? You don't feel the slightest
pang of conscience that you want to help them?

TRAVOLTA
LOL, fuck no! I don't need their devT shit on
my lines! You know? You're really starting to
kill my beautiful buzz I got because I just attested
to the "RESPONSIBILITY RUNDOWN" and I already
ran out all my wholetrack overts on raping kids.

REPORTER
So, if the church rapists keep raping little kids,
you're good with that?

TRAVOLTA
Hey, let's talk about my new movie coming out. I
play a criminal that runs a violent cult that terrorizes
innocent people. You ever hear of John Gotti and
the Mafia? They just abused everyone and robbed and
stole and scammed people out of all their money. I think
it's a morality tale that we can all learn from. My character
goes to prison and dies.

REPORTER
Huh? What's the takeaway? Where's the moral lesson in that?

TRAVOLTA
That Gotti never ratted out other members of the mafia cult.
He was a stand-up guy! Hey you gotta respect that!
If ever we need proof that sweet souls are deeply changed and damaged by scientology thinking we only have to glance at John Travolta.

I think I lost any compassion for him when (as you say) the internet started buzzing and I realised he's just another "celeb" in perpetual hiding ...
lying for miscavige as required, a puppet on a string.

It isn't 1975 any longer John ... you can discard the mental cult chains whenever you're ready and lose that haunted look and start respecting yourself again ... before it's too late.

You don't owe the cult anything John but you do owe the truth to past (and potential) recruits and you are a coward if you don't face up to that.

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

It appears at this stage in his career that Travolta has created an entirely new acting tech.

It's called SCOWL-FACE!

No matter who you play, you simply get a wig and then contort your face into an angry scowl.

After only 5 seconds of prep time--you can play ANYBODY !

robert-shapiro-john-travolta-zoom-9dbcaef5-13fd-4a85-a5f0-dcbbeeb23ab5.jpg
TRAVOLTA PERFECTLY DUPLICATES ROBERT SHAPIRO USING ADVANCED GLOWER-GRIMACE-SCOWL TECH

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
After only 5 seconds of prep time--you can play ANYBODY !
So funny. I actually watched The People v. O. J. Simpson: American Crime Story,
the FX mini-series, a couple times and liked it. Mostly because it had many good
actors in it and was a long-form drama clocking in at over eight hours.

Now Travolta shocked me at first in the TV movie with his "slightly off" depiction
but I got used to it as the movie went on. Got to like it after a bit.

But you're right about the ADVANCED GLOWER-GRIMACE-SCOWL TECH. :hysterical: