What's new

How many scientologists are there really?

Ladybird

Silver Meritorious Patron
The subject of how many scientologists there are in the world has been discussed for years. IMO, there were only around 25K back in 2000. There is another long discussion where many X-Sea Org agree with me about that on OCMB: http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=26084

This new information from Mat Pesch is very interesting:

http://leavingscientology.wordpress.com/2011/03/26/a-poll/#comment-9163

Mat Pesch permalink
March 29, 2011 7:00 pm
James,

Great point! Here is some additional information.

While there are many organizations which make up this “church”, there is one that accounts for more income and delivery of actual Scientology services than all others combined. That organization is Flag, located in Clearwater, Florida.

While almost all Scientology “churches” struggle to survive financially, Flag not only supports itself but it supports the Office of Special Affairs (OSA), middle management (L.A.), upper management (Hemet, CA.) and indirectly organizations like the Freewinds.

While I was the Treasury Secretary at Flag in about 2002, we did a computer print out of every person who had paid the Flag Service Org (FSO), at least $1,000 for Scientology services over a 3 year period. To our amazement there were only about 5,000 names.

Now consider that Flag has about 1,200 staff and they are financially supporting about another 500 staff outside Flag that “manage” or “keep Scientology safe from attack”. That’s a total of about 1,700 full time staff being financially supported by 5,000 public!

I would be willing to bet that if you printed out that same list today at least 85% of the names are the same. I would also be willing to bet that those public have made little to no progress up the “Bridge”.

So what are all these staff working so hard to do? I think that it majorly boils down to controlling information and people (internally and externally) so as to extract their labor and money.

Most of the money comes from public who are OT V or above and have been being run around in circles, redoing the same Scientology services over and over while being pressured to make additional direct donations for things like the Super Power Building (collecting donations since 1986), Idle Orgs, translations, Preservation of the Tech, IAS, Library Donations, ABLE , etc.

As an additional note, while Flag is passing out the cash to support this huge amount of staff and overhead, it owes hundreds of millions in undelivered service to parishioners for which it has no money set aside to cover. That situation worsens by hundreds of thousands on a weekly basis. It’s like having a restaurant that has taken in millions of dollars for future meals and than spending the money on overhead. The “direct donations”
is an unusual solution to try to cover their ass financially for a top heavy, criminal and unviable scene.

Gadfly

Crusader
The subject of how many scientologists there are in the world has been discussed for years. IMO, there were only around 25K back in 2000. There is another long discussion where many X-Sea Org agree with me about that on OCMB: http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=26084

This new information from Mat Pesch is very interesting:

http://leavingscientology.wordpress.com/2011/03/26/a-poll/#comment-9163

Wow, thanks LB and Mat.

When I was on FSO staff in 1984, I sat in the FSC area. The FLB Finance Director, Jon Lundeen, sat directly across from Bo Wennberg, the FSC INT. Lundeen was Bo's FULL TIME product officer. Lundeen received calls, sometimes every hour, from INT pushing and demanding INCOME. Why? Because the FSO supported EVERYTHING! It has always been that way. That fact was reminded to Bo heavily and routinely.

The Captain FSO, Ron Norton, would come into the area, but HIS job was to put HEAVY pressure on the Div 2 regges, and the Captain FSO was often in the reg area HEAVILY pushing for INCOME.

They would both use the typical -phrases such as, "we are clearing a planet here", "we are briging about a NEW and BETTER world", and "Scn services are the most valuable thing on planet Earth". The pressure was SEVERE, and the demand for MONEY never let up for a moment.

As the FSO truly does support all the rest of it, once it falters, the rest will happily crumble with it.

++++++++++++

When I started in 2002, the mission I went to was usually empty in the courseroom. It was always a headache to find a twin. Usually they'd pull someone off post. :unsure:

Then, in 2006, I started my Student Hat in the Academy. There were more people but it was hit and miss. Somedays was 60% capacity, but most were 25%. The Key to life room was always empty. All the auditing rooms were empty too. Depressing. :no:

I remember walking through the building, listening to my own footsteps echo through the halls on my way to the Academy thinking, " Nobodyelse is doing this, why am I? ":nervous:

The worst part was after course ended, Supervisors would ask us to write letters to people we didn't even know:

Me
" What do I write, I don't know this person? ". :unsure:
Supervisor,
" Tell them about your wins ".
Me
" Isn't this your job?" :whistling:

me myself & i

Patron Meritorious
The subject of how many scientologists there are in the world has been discussed for years....

So long as there is just one single scientologist left in this world, this world is essentially fucked. Lol! Just kidding, in a joking and degrading intentional way.

And, though, all kidding aside, stupidity in the guise of wisdom, hatred in the guise of love, and evil in the guise of goodness, has been around as long as humanity itself has been around, and isn't about to make an exit, anytime soon. Spiritual Reality 101. Lol.

And I don't really care if there are 25,000 or 25 million scientologists in the whole wide world today, so long as one (or more) of them isn't sneaking into my community (or country) pretending to be something they are not, like pissing on my leg and telling me its raining (by saying scientology is ron-gods gift, to all of mankind, chuckle).

Been there done that.

We wogs are slow, but steady.

Lol!

jenni with an eye

Isn't this the same as the thread started by Pooks "5000 Scn Public Supporting 1700 Scn Staff" ? :confused2:"

or has Pooks started the same thread as Ladybird ?

Now I'm really :confused2:

:headspin:

Looks like the same OP.

Just wondering :confused2:

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
Gee, I miss Ladybird

A sweet and beautiful woman. I used to visit her at her home in Modesto and when I'd leave she would go out in her yard and take a broom to shake her orange tree and plump ripe fruit would hail upon the ground, with a sweetness and flavor I've never found in any storebought orange and I'd drive back to the Haight in rickytick time and hand them around to the scrawny stoned hippies on the street and they'd bite in and their eyes would light up...

Gee, I miss Ladybird

But anyway, you can't count accurately by census because many scilons will either stay with their parents religion.

However...

Many people who have discovered "OT" phenomena from their Scn experience will say their religion is Jedi Knight.

Teanntás

Gee, I miss Ladybird

A sweet and beautiful woman. I used to visit her at her home in Modesto and when I'd leave she would go out in her yard and take a broom to shake her orange tree and plump ripe fruit would hail upon the ground, with a sweetness and flavor I've never found in any storebought orange and I'd drive back to the Haight in rickytick time and hand them around to the scrawny stoned hippies on the street and they'd bite in and their eyes would light up...

Gee, I miss Ladybird

But anyway, you can't count accurately by census because many scilons will either stay with their parents religion.

However...

Many people who have discovered "OT" phenomena from their Scn experience will say their religion is Jedi Knight.
Well, you need a proper counting method. Maybe Goethe can help

THE WITCH
See, thus it's done!
Make ten of one,
And two let be,
Make even three,
And rich thou 'It be.
Cast o'er the four!
From five and six
(The witch's tricks)
Make seven and eight,
'Tis finished straight!
And nine is one,
And ten is none.
This is the witch's once-one's-one!

Last edited:

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
Well, for sure, every time the sun comes up there are less scientologists active in the cult than there were when the sun set the evening before.

Scientology is dying & there is nothing that can be done to save it - THANK GOD !

Bill

Gold Meritorious Patron
I will not tolerate such blasphemy of the Jedi religion! Jedi knights are fine people, never to be associated with Scientology!!!

Last edited:

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
Well, for sure, every time the sun comes up there are less scientologists active in the cult than there were when the sun set the evening before.

Scientology is dying & there is nothing that can be done to save it - THANK GOD !
God had nothing to do with it! Thank ESMB and the thousands of people who over the years have made the truth about scientology known to the outside world.

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
God had nothing to do with it! Thank ESMB and the thousands of people who over the years have made the truth about scientology known to the outside world.
LOL ! So true, there is a long line of brave people who have stepped up & spoken out against the cult - and my post means no disrespect to any of those fine people.

Sorry my use of an an age old common phrase of "Thank God " got your feathers all in a fluff.

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
I will not tolerate such blasphemy of the Jedi religion! Jedi knights are fine people, never to be associated with Scientology!!!
If your good I'll tell you of a light sabre duel between two Jedi that happened four years before the first Star Wars flick was released. Required reading for all who like to own their very own light sabre