What's new

The Phoenix Lectures

George Layton

Silver Meritorious Patron
I know many do not think it a good look here. Many
consider it is. This of course is up for debate. Play ground
humour is not worth debating or even considering.
Consider this, If your post were to cause just one person to fall into scientology. To spend all their time, all their effort, all their money on scientology. To fall into the belief that giving all of those things is worth that and more because they are helping to save mankind, (just the mindset that a person is, saving mankind, itself is beyond arrogant) and they spend decades of their life following that belief. Is there any way to justify that? I don't mean justify it to yourself, I mean justify it to that person. I mean justify to all the people in that person's life. Believing it yourself doesn't make it truly what you present it to be because it is filtered through a scientology lens.

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron

1969...."Summer of Love" (or was it '68?)

I was a teenie in high school, and at the same time I first heard of and got into Scientology.

"Winter of ARC" ensued.
jee-yay-ziss Hoaxy...

October fourth 1970, The Night Janis Died...

Bill Graham was reopening Winterland and the first bill was Hot Tuna, New Riders of the Purple Sage, Quicksilver, Jefferson Airplane and the dreadful grate of The Grateful Dead for a $3.50 ticket

The bands had the word backstage but the audience didn't know; classic show biz gimmick setup...

Gracie and Janis went way back before anyone was famous or rich. they'd have parties at Jerry's place at 710 Ashbury with wee hour Kansas City cut session catfights to see who could belt it out the hardest...

Gracie come out seven months pregnant with Kantner's daughter, China, miniskirt, kneehigh boots, macrame shawl around her shoulders and FIRE!!! flaming out her eyes, Cassidy laying in a bass line so solid you could walk on it and she did a rendition of "Somebody To Love"...

O my...

My, my, my...

I've never been to many concerts but I did catch one of the great ones.

Terril park

Sponsor
Consider this, If your post were to cause just one person to fall into scientology. To spend all their time, all their effort, all their money on scientology. To fall into the belief that giving all of those things is worth that and more because they are helping to save mankind, (just the mindset that a person is, saving mankind, itself is beyond arrogant) and they spend decades of their life following that belief. Is there any way to justify that? I don't mean justify it to yourself, I mean justify it to that person. I mean justify to all the people in that person's life. Believing it yourself doesn't make it truly what you present it to be because it is filtered through a scientology lens.
I spent 7+ years protesting at Orgs with Anons. I
abhor COS and especially its leader, and have been criticizing
them before this forum came into existence. I approve of the
psyvhotherapy available in the FZ /Independent arena.

A parallel might be adhering to Christian virtues
and deploring the inquisition.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
LOL :D

what about now ?????

Fall of LFBD ????

LOL

Interesting question, what the current Scientology era is properly called. . .

Let's see, thus far we have--

The:
SUMMER of LOVE
WINTER of ARC
FALL of LFBD
I Googled "Scientology Eras" and it took me to a link on Shakespearean Tragedy. Ergo. . .

WINTER OF OUR DISCONTENT DISCONNECT

HelluvaHoax!

Look even the cat can do it and he never did any Hubtard grade.

0gddq-static1.jpg

My knowingness tells me that you have not fully duplicated that photo, on this planet.

Under greater magnification I discovered that those are actually dimension points that the being operating the operating cat's body mocked up.

It's all in The Factors, you can read it for yourself.

In all fairness, this debate is over---Terril kicked everyone's MEST ass!!!

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
My knowingness tells me that you have not fully duplicated that photo, on this planet.
:roflmao:

Exactly!
as I am neither from or on this planet

Under greater magnification I discovered that those are actually dimension points that the being operating the operating cat's body mocked up.

:blink:
Can you repeat it please
:scratch:

HelluvaHoax!

as I am neither from or on this planet

From that, I have concluded that there are only two (2) other possible choices:

1) You're from another planet. This is not possible because Ron stated he is from another planet. He never mentioned you specifically (in writing, per standard policy).​

The only remaining possibility is that:

2) You are this planet.

So, yeah, cool! Awesome! I mean, did you like attest to this and get a jumbo sized MEST cert on this state of being?

As soon as you confirm this (by showing ESMB members something in writing) we'd all like to flow power to you!

Last edited:

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Actually, dear Hoaxy, I am very glad to read that you could fully duplicate my newly acquired state of beingness.
Although, I feel so lonely...

stock-vector-earth-day-robot-planet-to-be-or-not-to-be-a-scene-from-shakespeare-pop-art-retro-vector-630414272.jpg

George Layton

Silver Meritorious Patron
Suck it and see . To answer Strati's points I believe the
concept of the ser fac was first stated by Hubbard. Also
I don't see a problem with stealing ideas from others. To
then make such a fuss over being "source" was not so elegant.

This is how knowledge develops.

"A good composer does not imitate, he steals.” – Igor Stravinsky
You can find this quote attributed to him.

“Immature poets imitate; mature poets steal bad poets deface what they take, and good poets make it into something better, or at least something different”. T.S Eliot

I established this worked by recieving grade 4. I went up
the pole on this. I felt fantastic. A day or two later I found
I briefly I could control flows of static electicity around
my body.
Could you walk through the events that caused you to realize that you had the ability to control flows of static electricity around your body? How you controlled it. How you knew it was being controlled. What you actually saw as you were controlling it.

HelluvaHoax!

Here is a new Ask the Scientologist post inspired by Terril's wonderful stories about how workable Scientology is. First post in over 2 years.

Cool! Hey, I missed reading new posts on your blog the past couple years!

Hey, for anyone who knows where those "must read" lists are for Scientologists "on the fence" and other newly "blown", "disaffected" and/or those about to become full-fledged "SP", your ASK THE SCIENTOLOGIST is one of the greatest repositories of insight, wit and humor on the subject of Scientology anywhere on the internet.

If there ever was such a thing as "Black DIanetics", that blog is it---guaranteed to turn a grinning OT into an evil SP attacking "mankind's only hope". LOL.

Meaning, if you run across any of those lists of recommended reading, please add ASK THE SCIENTOLOGIST to it! Check out this LINK for several highly recommended blog essays for a blowy Scientologist to read.

Last edited:

Terril park

Sponsor
Could you walk through the events that caused you to realize that you had the ability to control flows of static electricity around your body? How you controlled it. How you knew it was being controlled. What you actually saw as you were controlling it.
After grade 4 I felt fantastic. More so than at any
time since. In Scn this was described as going up the pole,
and was a temporary state which lasted about 2 days. I found
by chance I could feel electric type sensations going up my
arms. I also found I could move these sensations around, by
intending them to. They seemed electrical in nature and I
thought I'd try to get them to attract small pieces of paper
in one hand by bringing It near the other as it seemed to me
to be caused by static electricity. I was able to do this.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
After grade 4 I felt fantastic. More so than at any
time since. In Scn this was described as going up the pole,
and was a temporary state which lasted about 2 days. I found
by chance I could feel electric type sensations going up my
arms. I also found I could move these sensations around, by
intending them to. They seemed electrical in nature and I
thought I'd try to get them to attract small pieces of paper
in one hand by bringing It near the other as it seemed to me
to be caused by static electricity. I was able to do this.

You're either completely deluded or just very easily pleased and complacent Terril ... neither are things that a sane person (who is apparently looking for spiritual enlightenment) would willingly pay money for.

I'd be getting someone else to do the PR and sales for the freezone if I were you.

Terril park

Sponsor
You're either completely deluded or just very easily pleased and complacent Terril ... neither are things that a sane person (who is apparently looking for spiritual enlightenment) would willingly pay money for.

I'd be getting someone else to do the PR and sales for the freezone if I were you.

Put a sock in it! Someone asked me a question and I
politely answered.

Note that I don't get involved with sales of anything.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
politely answered.

You can answer as politely as you like Terril, but your freezone "mission statement" is still placed strategically at the bottom of every post you make and it's your name and contact details that people are urged to use.

Emphasis mine ...

Mission Statement
Have you given up hope of making it this lifetime?
Were arbitraries put in your way, such as needless sec-checks?
Were you turned off by repeated demands for money that seemed inappropriate?
Have you been disappointed with your progress on the bridge?
Well, now there is hope. Practitioners in the Freezone do not have unwarranted illegal declares. We want to handle, not have disconnection.
We want to deliver standard LRH tech to all those who wish it. We are open to ALL, even the C of S’s failed cases.
Our goal is the creation of Free Beings.
There are several Class VIII’s among us, as well as Pat Krenik, OT 8, class 6. She has studied Scn since 1951, including under LRH, and grew up with the tech.
We have an internet management org and delivery orgs in several countries.
You may contact me, Terril Park, at:
[email protected] for further info.
We’re working hard to deliver standard Scn, the way LRH would have wanted us to.

“Service” (POLICY LETTER OF 29 OCTOBER 1959 II)
“We will win if we are [Scn] not a lot of isolated groups.
The watchword is SERVICE.”

Bill

Gold Meritorious Patron
politely answered.

Terril,

I respect you for continuing to show up here even though you regularly get challenged on your beliefs. Most Scientology-believers don't persist. That is actually admirable.

However, I'm not sure you understand why I, for one, will continue to jump on any statement you make about the "workability" of Hubbard's "tech".

It isn't just that I'm out and therefore just hate Scientology because of what I've been through.

I've been trained. I've been Sea Org. I understand the "tech". The "tech" isn't just useless, as I've stated. It is evil. I know you don't agree. You only see benefits.

I see a cleverly designed trap: Huge, amazing promises of higher states of being -- a temporary feeling of euphoria -- no actual, permanent, significant improvement -- but "the next step, or the one after that, will surely give me the promised 'higher state'."

Once on that treadmill, the believer is trapped. "I didn't get to homo novis yet, but I will, I will!" The believer is trapped and cannot step back and say "I haven't gotten what was promised -- it doesn't work". No, the believer thinks the "next step" will do it. Because he or she believes so strongly, they must blind themselves to reality. The longer it goes on, the farther from reality a person gets.

Sure, the prices might be much lower in the independent field, but the trap is the same. That's what's wrong. That is why I continue to challenge anyone who only talks about the alleged "benefits" of Hubbard's "tech".

Wilbur

Patron Meritorious
Terril,

I respect you for continuing to show up here even though you regularly get challenged on your beliefs. Most Scientology-believers don't persist. That is actually admirable.

However, I'm not sure you understand why I, for one, will continue to jump on any statement you make about the "workability" of Hubbard's "tech".

It isn't just that I'm out and therefore just hate Scientology because of what I've been through.

I've been trained. I've been Sea Org. I understand the "tech". The "tech" isn't just useless, as I've stated. It is evil. I know you don't agree. You only see benefits.

I see a cleverly designed trap: Huge, amazing promises of higher states of being -- a temporary feeling of euphoria -- no actual, permanent, significant improvement -- but "the next step, or the one after that, will surely give me the promised 'higher state'."

Once on that treadmill, the believer is trapped. "I didn't get to homo novis yet, but I will, I will!" The believer is trapped and cannot step back and say "I haven't gotten what was promised -- it doesn't work". No, the believer thinks the "next step" will do it. Because he or she believes so strongly, they must blind themselves to reality. The longer it goes on, the farther from reality a person gets.

Sure, the prices might be much lower in the independent field, but the trap is the same. That's what's wrong. That is why I continue to challenge anyone who only talks about the alleged "benefits" of Hubbard's "tech".
This is one of the best-written rationales for why techies are attacked here on ESMB that I have seen. This is far better than the rabid and visceral "because Hubbard was a fat con artist" type responses that are usually given. Of course, the implication of what you say is that Hubbard WAS a con artist, but that's besides the point.

W.

Terril park

Sponsor
Terril,

Mostly I'm here because I'm a Scientology watcher.
Pretty much everything gets reported here.

I don't see the tech as intrinsically evil. Its not perfect
and has gone off the rails in some places. As time has
progressed its been used with less than benign purposes,
mostly connected to being driven by monetary standards.
What I've written about in this post is something that happened more than 40 years ago when I did grade 4. This was
delivered as free student auditing as were all the grades.
Delivered with only the intention of enhancing me. This is
the intention common in the freezone and I know many who
have befitted. I pretty much reject the Admin, and I studied all of it, and consider command intention in Scn is evil.
I've spent 7 years regularly protesting with Anon and for
17 years or so written many posts castigating CO$. I am
unusual in that I didn't have bad experiences while associating with CO$. When I had one I left for good. Some years later
I found the internet and was shocked by the stories I read.