What's new

Boston - Part 2

Pooks

MERCHANT OF CHAOS
Anyone know the cause of death?

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/bostonglobe/obituary.aspx?pid=184781369

CUDDY, Jessie Jessie Cuddy was born and raised in Dorchester and operated a business in Lower Mills. After graduating from Boston Business School, where she studied business and contract law, Jessie learned the ropes as a young real estate agent working under her mentor, Jack Conway. Over the years, her sales expertise, marketing skills and professionalism earned her ReMax's prestigious Hall of Fame Award and placed her among the top 5% producers in her field. For Jessie, real estate wasn't just a job, it was an opportunity to help people find their perfect home. In 2009 Jessie established Boston Bayside Properties and with her business partner, James Harrison, continued to take an active role in the community, as members of the Lower Mills Merchants Association. For the past thirty years, Jessie was an active member of the Church of Scientology. She volunteered her time in several of the Church's social betterment activities including: The Association for Better Living and Education, The Way to Happiness Foundation and the Foundation for a Drug Free World. She participated annually in Boston's NATIONAL NIGHT OUT, working in conjunction with the Boston Police Department to educate children about the dangers of drugs and drug abuse. Among Jessie's favorite moments were those spent in Dorchester Park with her beloved Golden Retriever, Ben. Every day, whether sunny or snowing, Jessie and Ben would go to the park for a walk, to meet friends and to play ball. It was always a special time for them both. Jessie is survived by her brother, Paul Cuddy; her sister-in-law, Anne Cuddy; two nieces, Melissa Sweeney and Amanda Cuddy; her Goddaughter, Reese Adeline Harrison and many close friends. Jessie was a dear friend, funny and caring, who was always loyal and forgiving. A celebration of her life will be held at Ester Restaurant, 2261 Dorchester Ave, Dorchester Center, MA 02124 on Tuesday, April 11th from 12:00 to 4:00 PM. The memorial service will begin at noon followed by a reception. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to: The Dorchester Park Association P. O. Box #240081 Dorchester, MA 02124-0081

View the online memorial for Jessie CUDDY
Published in The Boston Globe on Apr. 2, 2017

NoIdea

Patron with Honors
Wow, Jessie, wtf? I liked her well enough. That sucks. She must have only been 60 or so at most.

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Wow, Jessie, wtf? I liked her well enough. That sucks. She must have only been 60 or so at most.

I think this is her.. Jessie Cuddy February 25, 1949 – March 27, 2017 That would of course make her 68 when she passed away. My condolences to all who knew her.

NoIdea

Patron with Honors
Today I was passing by the corner of Boylston Street and Gloucester Street. Right next to the Trader Joes. There is an empty storefront right on the corner. Today, the front doors were open, with signs inviting people in to see a free exhibit about the history of the brutality of psychiatry. They must have gotten a really short term rental on the place. The big "for lease" signs are still up on all the windows and the exhibit sign says this week only. I didn't venture in or hang around outside long. It's been a long time since I've been in touch with anyone at the org, but didn't feel like being recognized. I did peek in and saw Chris Garrison wandering around inside though. It was pretty empty otherwise. A few people were out front, amusedly taking photographs of the sign.

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Today I was passing by the corner of Boylston Street and Gloucester Street. Right next to the Trader Joes. There is an empty storefront right on the corner. Today, the front doors were open, with signs inviting people in to see a free exhibit about the history of the brutality of psychiatry. They must have gotten a really short term rental on the place. The big "for lease" signs are still up on all the windows and the exhibit sign says this week only. I didn't venture in or hang around outside long. It's been a long time since I've been in touch with anyone at the org, but didn't feel like being recognized. I did peek in and saw Chris Garrison wandering around inside though. It was pretty empty otherwise. A few people were out front, amusedly taking photographs of the sign.

CCHR's true intent is to remove any and all opposition to hubbard smashing his name into history through the malevolently designed tool of scientology. Just below that is their attempt at control of the money available for 'mental health'.

I am quite sure that the over riding goal of the industry psychiatry is freedom for the individual whereas scientology's goal is slavery to assist hubbard in his megalomania and sociopathic objectives. Sure there are criminals in any group in our society, of which many of those are sociopaths and malignant narcissists but even with those bad apples psychiatry itself is working to reduce such. While on the other hand scientology is working hard to produce and forward those negative syndromes. What better examples could we have other than LCON himself, DM the punitive oppressive slapper, and the many brainwashed OSA PR staff and of course their attack wing....all without remorse.

myrklix

Patron with Honors
Wow! Still nothing about the Quincy Boston org? I suppose no news is good news which makes it an Ideal Org in my book.
Whenever I pass that building in Allston along the Mass. Pike, it still looks the same. No change that I can tell.

NoIdea

Patron with Honors
Yeah, I went kind of near there recently and thought about it. So came over here and surprised to see how dead this thread is. I'm always curious about the state of the org and the people I knew there. But I try to avoid this forum as a whole, because honestly, this place is pretty much as crazy if not crazier than Scientology itself.

This is NOT OK !!!!

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yeah, I went kind of near there recently and thought about it. So came over here and surprised to see how dead this thread is. I'm always curious about the state of the org and the people I knew there. But I try to avoid this forum as a whole, because honestly, this place is pretty much as crazy if not crazier than Scientology itself.
Nonsense.

You've been a member here for a few months and have made 3 posts total.

What crazy are you talking about?

NoIdea

Patron with Honors
Actually I was here for many years and found myself occasionally getting too caught up in the crazy. Deleted my account and disappeared for a few months. It was a good call. Now I just stop in once a month or so under this new account and lay low.

Since you asked, crazy stuff here?

1. Still a bunch of people who believe in Scn and Hubbard and still practice it after seemingly having the good sense to get out. Or people chasing after other alternative practices which make no more sense.
2. More conspiracy theories than you can shake a stick at.
3. Insane infighting with different camps of ex-scios battling it out for who is taking the correct stance against Scientology. How does this even happen.

Anyway, I'm not at all saying that everyone here is crazy. Just that there is a whole heck of a lot of crazy that goes on here. I scan the new posts on the front page and usually nothing at all interests me. Celebrity gossip, chatter about the latest thing Marty said, some new practice someone is trying, some political rant. Not what I signed up for.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
It's not like we will send out "blow teams" to get you if you leave. If the forum is not to your liking, there are several other places that talk about Scientology, like Tony Ortega, WhyWeProtest, and others. You can even follow Leah Remini and others on Facebook and Twitter.

Or maybe this is a sign that you are over with Scientology, and it's time to fully move on with your non-Scientology life.

RandomCat

Patron with Honors

2. More conspiracy theories than you can shake a stick at. ...
Welcome to the internet! :)

There’s a lot of nutty conspiracy crap all over the web. e.g. Facebook, Twitter, etc. You just have to try to ignore it when possible.
For many of these people, their conspiracy theories are like a religion to them. You’re not likely to find any evidence that would dissuade them from their ‘beliefs’.
There were a few ex’s here that held such bizarre conspiracy theories, that I wonder why they had even bothered leaving the CoS in the first place. It seems like they had just given up one set of nutty beliefs for a new set. :/
If I remember correctly, a few of the worst culprits were kicked out of here about 3 years ago, e.g. Some of the global Jewish conspiracy crowd.

Pooks

MERCHANT OF CHAOS
Attention Mods: Please don't allow this wonderful Boston thread to turn into another conspiracy/infighting/clusterfuck of a thread.

myrklix

Patron with Honors
I totally agree with your request, @Pooks. There have been, and likely will be, more threads about conspiracy theorists on this board.
Can't help myself though, I happen to agree with @RandomCat and @Noldea.

Now, let's get back to what's (not) happening at the Boston Org. Can anyone step up on this?

bambino

Patron with Honors
Nothing new is happening particularly. Fundraising is continuing and the next target is $5 million to pay for all the construction plans. Then the rebuild will start. Hi Pooks, Hi myrklix!

freethinker

Sponsor
The other night I was parked on Newbury street. I parked after 8 PM. I finished what I was doing and went to leave and noticed something on my windshield. At first I thought it was a ticket. I grabbed it and it was a Way to Happiness flyer, black ink on white paper awkwardly cut on a paper shear.

What stuck out like a sore thumb was that it didn't have a physical address, only a web address waytohappiness.org.

It makes me wonder if they get much traffic at that website. It also made me wonder if the org in Boston even has a physical address right now.

Do they?

freethinker

Sponsor
Welcome to the internet! :)

There’s a lot of nutty conspiracy crap all over the web. e.g. Facebook, Twitter, etc. You just have to try to ignore it when possible.
For many of these people, their conspiracy theories are like a religion to them. You’re not likely to find any evidence that would dissuade them from their ‘beliefs’.
There were a few ex’s here that held such bizarre conspiracy theories, that I wonder why they had even bothered leaving the CoS in the first place. It seems like they had just given up one set of nutty beliefs for a new set. :/
If I remember correctly, a few of the worst culprits were kicked out of here about 3 years ago, e.g. Some of the global Jewish conspiracy crowd.
I just have to ask, and ask only once. Why are people that talk about things that don't add up and post it on some forum are called Conspiracy Theorist but the News media is accepted as total sooth? I have been hearing the Media talk about the Russian hacking for over a year and no proof has ever been produced other than Flynn wasn't totally straight with the FBI and probably won't get a fine or go to jail.

Hillary did far worse than Flynn and she's still allowed to walk around and annoy people.

sexton

The other night I was parked on Newbury street. I parked after 8 PM. I finished what I was doing and went to leave and noticed something on my windshield. At first I thought it was a ticket. I grabbed it and it was a Way to Happiness flyer, black ink on white paper awkwardly cut on a paper shear.

What stuck out like a sore thumb was that it didn't have a physical address, only a web address waytohappiness.org.

It makes me wonder if they get much traffic at that website. It also made me wonder if the org in Boston even has a physical address right now.

Do they?
They sold the old Beacon Street building a few years ago and bought a place on Mass. Ave. in the South End. Speculation in the local media was that they would soon begin to fix the place up and move in. But after a couple years that didn't happen. A further year or so with no public comment by anyone on the inside. A few months ago the local media seemed to be saying they now want to re-sell this building and had been negotiating with a definite potential buyer. I don't recall seeing any mention of a specific location for the Boston group to move in and resume operation. Maybe they want to get the money for the Mass. Ave. place first, then shop around for a permanent base. Could be very expensive...Boston is a red-hot real estate market.

bambino

Patron with Honors
They sold the old Beacon Street building a few years ago and bought a place on Mass. Ave. in the South End. Speculation in the local media was that they would soon begin to fix the place up and move in. But after a couple years that didn't happen. A further year or so with no public comment by anyone on the inside. A few months ago the local media seemed to be saying they now want to re-sell this building and had been negotiating with a definite potential buyer. I don't recall seeing any mention of a specific location for the Boston group to move in and resume operation. Maybe they want to get the money for the Mass. Ave. place first, then shop around for a permanent base. Could be very expensive...Boston is a red-hot real estate market.
You have this all about half right. The actual information is all in this thread.

This is NOT OK !!!!

Gold Meritorious Patron
Actually I was here for many years and found myself occasionally getting too caught up in the crazy. Deleted my account and disappeared for a few months. It was a good call. Now I just stop in once a month or so under this new account and lay low.

1. Still a bunch of people who believe in Scn and Hubbard and still practice it after seemingly having the good sense to get out. Or people chasing after other alternative practices which make no more sense.
2. More conspiracy theories than you can shake a stick at.
3. Insane infighting with different camps of ex-scios battling it out for who is taking the correct stance against Scientology. How does this even happen.

Anyway, I'm not at all saying that everyone here is crazy. Just that there is a whole heck of a lot of crazy that goes on here. I scan the new posts on the front page and usually nothing at all interests me. Celebrity gossip, chatter about the latest thing Marty said, some new practice someone is trying, some political rant. Not what I signed up for.
1. The indies don't get very far here. But when they try, the shit storm of truth that descends upon them is epic and performs as a catharsis for newbies.
2. Yeah, that one bugs me too. I use my inner clam to filter out the shit - imagine my jaw pain! LOL
3. I can't say I see camps here now. People just do what they do.

There are so many killer threads here, unlike anywhere else. If bumping some of the most interesting ones gets new arrivals to learn more about what happened to them and their friends, well that's a great service of this board too.