What's new

What is expected from you as a Life Long Scientologist pt 1

Irayam

Patron with Honors
"It reminded me of a reaction from Nazi Germany or the old Soviet Union."

There is quite a lot of similarities between scientology and the Nazi.
It reminds me a story about Nazi Germany that I saw on French TV some years ago. The Nazi party had a luxury ship where the meritorious Nazi party members were invited... No, the name of the ship was not Freiewind!!:coolwink:

By the way, thank you Emma, for this very interesting and very true account of what is scientology.

Have a nice day,
Irayam

tiptoethrutheminefield

Patron with Honors
Emma, you are a genius :bowdown: to be able to lay it all out so clearly and actually briefly, considering how freaking complex it can all seem when a person looks back on what they felt, etc.

Thank you for being a healing presence! :flowers:

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
(Spam post above removed by Mod)

^^^Right.. I'm going to be polite to this newbie and report his first post as spam: Get the fuck out will you!

Last edited by a moderator:

tina1000

Patron
What a great story. Thank you for posting it. It's sometimes a long
Journey to recognize the truth. It's refreshing to hear someone give
Such an honest account of what happens over there. Thank you again.

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
Another jewel from the gemfield that is the ESMB archives.
Quoting from the essay: So here I stand committing the unspeakable sin for a Scientologist, dissent.

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thank you Emma and I hope the author soon feels confidence to affix his or her name.

Again...

As so many others, this writer has lavish praise for auditing, training and the people who take an honest interest in them

This is quite well written and should not have gone so long unbumped

Last edited:

Terril park

Sponsor
enjoyed that, thanks, you hit the nail on the head, LRH wasn't very educated and knew nothing about the real world really, only money talked with this evil man.
According to reports he was extremely well educated
in the area he worked in.Try reading reports about his personal library.

RogerB

Crusader
According to reports he was extremely well educated
in the area he worked in.Try reading reports about his personal library.
Errr . . . . Terril, there is a BIG difference between being "well read" and "well educated" . . .

And, also there is a BIG difference in the outcomes each produce in life.

Also there is the factor of the predispositions and prejudices with which one approaches (to "learn") what one reads and also what one "gets" from what one reads.

Hubbard was negative on all scores on these points . . . if you doubt that, look at his life and his outcomes and life stats. Honest observation shows that he effectively destroyed everything and everyone he touched.

That is not the product of a "well educated" man.

It is the product of a well read but evil man who misused or evilly used whatever he learned or obtained from his reading.

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
I remain unwilling to condemn Hubbard as evil. I gave careful consideration to his last statement, that ponderous decology. Jetero is surely Ron's alter ego of his ideal of himself but so too is the narrator who serves double duty as satire of the CIA et al but also as a vehicle for his personal confession. Right at the beginning Gris claims to be giving confession in a home gratefully provided by Lord Voltar, a name composed from the same letters found in Travolta.

And most particularly Hubbard certainly did produce techniques of great practical value if one can separate the koolaid from the wine. Please note the anonymous author of the opening essay like myself and so any others in similar circumstance gives serious and unsycophantic praise to the techniques.

A wizard friend of mine marks Hubbard as one those mages who repeatedly shifts between the righthand and lefthand paths and I think this the best shorthand assessment of one of history's most enigmatic figures.

And I remain convinced, particularly as someone whose father's life was shortened by two episodes ECT and was myself drugged beaten and sodomized at Bellevue (and things got WORSE after that) that it is imperative that the best of Hubbard's work be saved and refined

RogerB

Crusader
And I remain convinced, particularly as someone whose father's life was shortened by two episodes ECT and was myself drugged beaten and sodomized at Bellevue (and things got WORSE after that) that it is imperative that the best of Hubbard's work be saved and refined
Well Clay, that consideration has some validity . . . though it might better be put in the terms that "after careful inspection, testing and validation of any of Hubbard's writings and asserted principles that they be saved."

But what a job that would be!! And, a) who is truly qualified and able to take on the task and, b) by what parameters and criteria should Hubbard's writings and works be analyzed and evaluated . . .

The tragedy of the man is that he, in retrospective analysis, can be seen as such a nutter as that his entire oeuvre can be seen as invalidated.

Terril park

Sponsor
Roger wrote:-
"Well Clay, that consideration has some validity . . . though it might better be put in the terms that "after careful inspection, testing and validation of any of Hubbard's writings and asserted principles that they be saved."

But what a job that would be!! And, a) who is truly qualified and able to take on the task and, b) by what parameters and criteria should Hubbard's writings and works be analyzed and evaluated . . .

The tragedy of the man is that he, in retrospective analysis, can be seen as such a nutter as that his entire oeuvre can be seen as invalidated.

Well Clay, that consideration has some validity . . . though it might better be put in the terms that "after careful inspection, testing and validation of any of Hubbard's writings and asserted principles that they be saved."

The tragedy of the man is that he, in retrospective analysis, can be seen as such a nutter as that his entire oeuvre can be seen as invalidated."

Well we have the great thinkers of the ages who
we may consult. They are there to teach us and we have to do the best we can to comprehend things.

For example:-
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Socratic_questioning

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron

I'll bet you had a fine career as a curmudgeon before you turned into an old coot Roger.

Well yes, he can be seen as several french fries short of a happy meal and thus completely invalidated and obviously from the writings on this board many do.

But at least 90% of the CLIV academy material is pretty good. And then many people who care little for the xenu story still report the OTIII drills as spiritually invigorating.

Two things I would say to those who would preserve and maintain the best of Ron:

I believe I did very well to maintain the integrity of my Judeochristian sensibilities and loyalty to The Bill of Rights.

And...

Always remember The First Law of Tinkering: Save all the pieces

Last edited:

RogerB

Crusader
That's pretty good, Clay . . . and I certainly like this piece:

Always remember The First Law of Tinkering: Save all the pieces
But I would add: label what's broken and what's not!
/