What's new

The Aberree - The Non-Serious Voice of Scientology

AnonKat

Crusader
http://www.aberree.com/

The Aberree - The Non-Serious Voice of Scientology
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Aberree was a 'zine, or newletter, published from 1954 through 1965. The editor, Alphia Hart, and the publisher, Agnes Hart, put out ten issues a year.
The Aberree started out as "the non-serious voice of Scientology" and ultimately encompassed all kinds of spiritual and self-help interests, from psychic phenomena and UFOs to improving eyesight.

The Aberree shows that convention and uniformity weren't the whole story of the 50s, by a long shot. It also shows that Scientology, which has grown famous for its attempts to silence dissent and criticism, was trying to squelch debate 50 years ago ... with similarly ineffective tactics.

Since the Harts chose not to copyright their work, aberree.com is able to bring you all 11 years. Currently, only Volume 1 (issues 1-10) has been formatted and proofread. However, you can still read the later issues, if you don't mind the errors and lack of formatting.

Enjoy your visit back to the Aberree's 50-year-old time warp ... and remember - don't take it all so damn' seriously!

page0001.png

MostlyLurker

Patron Meritorious
I love that site!
It is also very true that Hubbard was using the same dirty tricks used in the 70's and 80's also in the 50's.

F.Bullbait

Oh, a wise guy,eh?
Volume 6, Issue 2, page 8 Squirrels, Hubbard the God, Unhappy ACC Student.
"Hubbard once said, in one of his lectures: "Some day, you'll have to run Hubbard out of your bank" -- and this is probably as true a statement as he ever made."

Heh, heh, I love it. :p

Hatshepsut

Crusader
I really appreciate those of you who can reach back and bring forth these old links. How are we to access these links in our older threads? It's obviously being done easily enough by several members.

I sent out a few PMs asking 'how' to get to the older posts. So far, nobody has replied to me. I can tell by the earlier referenced conversations that they're still available. Anybody tell me 'how' to still get to them? Please.

Hats

Last edited:

F.Bullbait

Oh, a wise guy,eh?
If you can't access the Aberree website with this link http://www.aberree.com/, I would suggest that your browser security is set too high. It should complain in some fashion when you click on the link. If so, setting the security function in the browser or in your anti-virus software to a less demanding level should handle the problem. Hope this helps. ;)

cakemaker

Patron Meritorious
I really appreciate those of you who can reach back and bring forth these old links. How are we to access these links in our older threads? It's obviously being done easily enough by several members.

I sent out a few PMs asking 'how' to get to the older posts. So far, nobody has replied to me. I can tell by the earlier referenced conversations that they're still available. Anybody tell me 'how' to still get to them? Please.

Hats
the links or the images?
many threads have lost their images and it would be good to find a way to restore them.

Hatshepsut

Crusader
If you can't access the Aberree website with this link http://www.aberree.com/, I would suggest that your browser security is set too high. It should complain in some fashion when you click on the link. If so, setting the security function in the browser or in your anti-virus software to a less demanding level should handle the problem. Hope this helps. ;)

:oops: I want to be able to read some older posts maybe also mentioning the Aberree. Also, those of Alan Walter and Feral and Face. WHERE are these?

Last edited:

Hatshepsut

Crusader
I found the your site just fine. I have been looking at all the issues. Thankyou. It's hard for me sometimes to detect the tongue in cheek of the editors. I remember having copies of the Aberree lying around in 1976, but they were from a loyal staffer. Got confused as to what was loyal and what wasn't for them to have in their possession. I can see where the earliest contributors to Dianetics and Scn might feel someone had run off with their group research project to cash in. A few came back to the pack and decided to stay with the more successful core even though they didn't appreciate the perspective of one totalitarian Source.

F.Bullbait

Oh, a wise guy,eh?
:oops: I want to be able to read some older posts maybe also mentioning the Aberree. Also, those of Alan Walter and Feral and Face. WHERE are these?
I just used this website's built-in search function to find this particular thread. The search had not been working but appears to work now.:D

Hatshepsut

Crusader
I just used this website's built-in search function to find this particular thread. The search had not been working but appears to work now.:D
You are RIGHT! I just tried it! This was the first time it had ever located anything for me in my searches. I'll be damned. There's a ghost in the machine.....and it's alive. :p