What's new

...goes horribly wrong.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
That brings back nightmares, of when Captain Bill Robertson came to Flag Bureaux in the early 1980's to "fix" us.

As a "team building" exercise, he had us learn some Sea Org songs that either he or LRH had composed. We then sang as a group, and had the tapes sent to all the FOLOs.

Lines like "We get things DONE like no one did before us" and "... and we FLORISH and we PROOOSPERRR!".

Jeez..
I was there at that time..
How come I wasn't invited :(

Tell more please... How did he fix you guys ???
:D

Veda

Sponsor
That brings back nightmares, of when Captain Bill Robertson came to Flag Bureaux in the early 1980's to "fix" us.

As a "team building" exercise, he had us learn some Sea Org songs that either he or LRH had composed. We then sang as a group, and had the tapes sent to all the FOLOs.

Lines like "We get things DONE like no one did before us" and "... and we FLORISH and we PROOOSPERRR!".

Sort of a "sing your way to success" concept, reminiscent of the original (quickly abandoned) theme song for the American TV show, Bonanza:

Four men living alone on a remote ranch without women
while in town

loudly remind the townsfolks - and the TV viewing audience - that they are not gay.

This group sing along was ordered soon after Miscavige et al. discovered that Hubbard had lied,
and that there were no more OT levels,
thus no Bridge.
Instinctively, Miscavige knew to "fill the vacuum" with a gimmick,
in this case, a hokey song reminding his fellow cultists to feel proud
and to continue giving him their money.

uncover

Gold Meritorious Patron
..... Captain Bill Robertson ...... had us learn some Sea Org songs that either he or LRH had composed. We then sang as a group, ......

Very interesting.... Are you talking about songs like this:

Did you ever sing that song ? :cool:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

LOL!

One of the 2 most hideous songs ever written/performed by a cult leader.

"Galactic Patrol" & "Thank You For Listening".

There is no known scientific methodology capable of determining which is more hideous.

Other similar awards were given to:

Most hideous pseudo-scientific books ever written: "Dianetics"
Most hideous movies ever produced: "Battlefield Earth"
Most hideous hoax of the 20th century: "Clear, OT & the Road To Totaly Freedom"
Most hideous price list of any religion: "Scientology"
Most hideous penalty for Apostasy: "Radical Islam"[sup]1[/sup]
[sup]1[/sup] Radical Islam came in at #1 because the mandated penalty is death. Scientology came in at #2, because the penalty is Fair Game, which doesn't always necessarily require death--especially on those occasions where "spotting the source of a problem and making it vanish" might be frowned upon by low toned people, on this planet.

Last edited:

Enthetan

Master of Disaster

The tune is familiar, I don't think we sang those lyrics. I think he might have used that tune with other lyrics for us. It was a bunch of songs he had us record.

As I said, we practiced for weeks (part time), and then recorded the songs and sent them out to the FOLOs (that was what the continental offices were called those days).

I remember the mission reading us telexes from the various continental COs telling us how good and inspirational the singing was, and saying (to myself) "and how long would any Cont exec remain on post if he telexed that we were bad singers and listening to us was torture?"

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Jeez..
I was there at that time..
How come I wasn't invited :(

Tell more please... How did he fix you guys ???
:D
It was just for Flag Bureaux, the FSO was not involved.

At the time, Flag Bureaux was judged to "not be wearing our hat" because every telex and letter order coming out of Flag had to be sent "uplines" to be evaluated for being "in compliance" with proper admin. In other words, we weren't issuing orders in exact accordance with how LRH (or whoever had the hat in his inner circle) thought we should be managing things.

That's one thing about LRH (and Miscavige): they are micro-managers. They cannot bring themselves to hand the hat over, and let a subordinate manage an area the way HE thinks it should be done.

Gib

Crusader

At the time, Flag Bureaux was judged to "not be wearing our hat" because every telex and letter order coming out of Flag had to be sent "uplines" to be evaluated for being "in compliance" with proper admin. In other words, we weren't issuing orders in exact accordance with how LRH (or whoever had the hat in his inner circle) thought we should be managing things.

That's one thing about LRH (and Miscavige): they are micro-managers. They cannot bring themselves to hand the hat over, and let a subordinate manage an area the way HE thinks it should be done.
yep, no doubt about LRH and DM micromanaging.

"That's one thing about LRH (and Miscavige): they are micro-managers. They cannot bring themselves to hand the hat over, and let a subordinate manage an area the way HE thinks it should be done."

It's obvious, really, because all scientologists have to follow policy as in the OEC's, OOD's, HCOB's, books, etc.

Or Ronbots. LOL

Also funny is that LRH said we could be self determined and pan determined. LOL

Hubbard's Org Board is nothing more than a Ronbot Organization. LOL

Even the public are given a "hat" of what to do, that is recruit for signing people up but you have to pay money. LOL

Oh the false rhetoric of Hubbard of rhetoric promises of clear and OT. LOL

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron

"...uplines" to be evaluated for being "in compliance" with proper admin..."
Might it have been because DM was gathering information to work his Coup d'etat? I think he had access to those 'uplines' lines of communication.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
"...uplines" to be evaluated for being "in compliance" with proper admin..."
Might it have been because DM was gathering information to work his Coup d'etat? I think he had access to those 'uplines' lines of communication.
I forgot to clarify: Those Flag telexes and dispatches had to go uplines BEFORE going out. NO "management" communication went out before uplines approval. Who "uplines" ultimately was, or where located, I don't know.

Hatshepsut

Crusader
I forgot to clarify: Those Flag telexes and dispatches had to go uplines BEFORE going out. NO "management" communication went out before uplines approval. Who "uplines" ultimately was, or where located, I don't know.

giphy.gif
573791.483xp.jpg
400x260-ct.jpg
latest

Last edited:

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Well, the chaos of scientology management does remind me of the gremlin "civilization"... :cool:
At one point, while I was still "in", I was scratching my head at Scn management. Rather than being a typical pyramid, somebody decided to stick a TV tower on top.

Yes, I could see the logic of having orgs report to FOLOs, who then reported to Flag. But the whole "Flag is under Int Exec Strata, which is under WDC, etc" struck me as weirdly convoluted. Now I see it was mainly an attempt to camouflage and conceal who was really in charge.

And looking back at Flag, my observation was that most of us were not really qualified to be managing a supermarket, much less a global organization.

guanoloco

As-Wased
This reminds me of one of my awakening moments from the fog of Scientology.

Watching a show of barge pilots steering a mile long ship setup into a port. The speed and size and level of expertise was incredible as the massive ship barely fit.

Somebody mentioned how much better Scientology and Scientologists would perform this feat to a rounding chorus of assents. But my thoughts were just the opposite because everything I had observed "handled" by Scientologists was a complete disaster and Total Fail.

When I mean Total Fail I'm talking about the planning, the allocation of resources, the ability to foresee and predict outcomes...right down to the timing and execution. Total Fail...every time. Just think of anything Int Management does.

tesseract

Patron with Horrors
Of course. That's where I picked up the ones that are in my computer. ;) In scn the Gremlins are labeled BTs.

They come through data streams too??! So far I've had adware, Google redirect virus, a keylogger, various attempts of code injection (although due to the ancient dictionary program allegedly doing that, my money is on them being false alarms), a part of the audio system suddenly being marked as a threat (and I'll gladly take 5 false alarms over missing 1 real one...), plus some things long ago I won't mention due to the massive amount of stupidity involved (on my side, that is), but never gremlins! Phew! Looks like I dodged a bullet there... ;)
:trash:

(On a more serious note, do use AdblockPlus everywhere and use anti-malware with heuristic pattern recognition (looking for suspicious behavior, not just signatures) and regular automatic scans. Just searching for signatures once in a while, updated perhaps once a week, isn't sufficient for protection, particularly from ransomware. I know I'm annoying, lol, but having malware can be a horrible experience and I just don't want that to happen to anybody.)

Hatshepsut

Crusader
They come through data streams too??! So far I've had adware, Google redirect virus, a keylogger, various attempts of code injection (although due to the ancient dictionary program allegedly doing that, my money is on them being false alarms), a part of the audio system suddenly being marked as a threat (and I'll gladly take 5 false alarms over missing 1 real one...), plus some things long ago I won't mention due to the massive amount of stupidity involved (on my side, that is), but never gremlins! Phew! Looks like I dodged a bullet there... ;)
:trash:

(On a more serious note, do use AdblockPlus everywhere and use anti-malware with heuristic pattern recognition (looking for suspicious behavior, not just signatures) and regular automatic scans. Just searching for signatures once in a while, updated perhaps once a week, isn't sufficient for protection, particularly from ransomware. I know I'm annoying, lol, but having malware can be a horrible experience and I just don't want that to happen to anybody.)

I had bad malware/ adware for ONE week and I installed adblocker too. The week earlier I got redirects disguised as blue double underlined hyperlinks, within my own body of texts. Came from different sources attacking chrome browser. It took a while to go away but when google did it's update the browser was finally cleaned off.

I could not find the offending program in downloads folder to delete it. It would not show up there. It secretly installed an icon in my browser I didn't recognize. One was a timetable for transportation. In the same week, the google webstore was hacked, (not the playstore) and I thought I got the crap from looking at a Scn link as I got all junk ads in the first few search offerings. But it did this for any subject searched. You had to scroll to beneath the lineup of trashy redirects. Then it multiplied and I got 2 sets of junk offerings separated by a space. Tried to click out of an invasive video ad and heard five camera clicks...... of my page? IMO it was chromebook's PicMonkey from their webstore. Sad day when a chromebook using ONLY google sanctioned software gets flooded in adware. It used to only happen on phones using android. Chrome developers fixed it quick but the camera clicks were unnerving.

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Originally Posted by Guanoloco
This reminds me of one of my awakening moments from the fog of Scientology.
Watching a show of barge pilots steering a mile long ship setup into a port. The speed and size and level of expertise was incredible as the massive ship barely fit.
Somebody mentioned how much better Scientology and Scientologists would perform this feat to a rounding chorus of assents. But my thoughts were just the opposite because everything I had observed "handled" by Scientologists was a complete disaster and Total Fail.

LOL

FREE BONUS PRO-TIP FROM OT VIII BILLY BLOWDOWN

Hey Billy! How many Scientologists does it take to moor a barge?
BILLY: None. There is no need to moor barges on this planet. This stable datum is further confirmed by the self-evident axiomatic fact that LRH did not write any policy about it.

Last edited:

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
He is funny, he is accusing people of reporting negatively about the cult...And so, WTF ??????
How about people reporting negatively about the mafia, about the drugs dealers, about ponzi scheme frauds, about foolers who sells things that they can't deliver...????

Has he created a list of the good things an organization ($cientology) which sells (coerce yoy to by each week before 2pm)) you something that doesn't exist (celar and OT's) for the cheap price of 500,000$ to 2,000,000 $$$ bring into people's life ????