What's new

Witness to Dianetics: For the first time, the letters of key Hubbard ally Donald H. Rogers

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
Whoah, that is delusional. Sorry just calling it like I see it. Right, like Hubbard had ANYTHING to do with that.

Ahhhh...

Davey me boy...

'Twas but a light-hearted off the cuff comment.

But...

It is not inconceivable there might be some truth in it.

The Rooskies set off their first atomic bomb in late 1949

Dianetics is published in May of 1950 and in closing Hubbard sets it's sights on The Bomb. There is no doubt that the potential for a nuclear war pressed us all to reconsider all things among them religion. Not only had religion failed to bring peace to our world our worst wars were fueled by religious controversy. Without that threat of nuclear war it is likely dianetics would have quickly disappeared but instead it attracted many very bright people who made superb contributions to a movement which - yes, yes, yes, I know, those who read my comments and think well of them stay silent and those who post walk on them with golf shoes - has been greatly and widely influential and I myself had a role to play in the diplomacy which led to the dissolution of the USSR.

Of course we do not know what would have happened if dianetics had not come along because it did

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

saradivorce-jpg.14281

Originally Posted by FoTi
Imagine where we would all be today if Sarah did manage to have LRH committed. :scratch:

Originally Posted by Clay Pigeon

NATO and Warsaw Pact would have gone at it all out FoTi; all our magnificent cities would be glow in the dark craters.

I typically don't agree with Clay Pigeon, but in this instance he is 100% correct. If not for L. Ron Hubbard, this planet would be a deserted mud ball.

I know skeptics & cynics alike will demand DOCS OR STFU!!!!

Quite fortunately, I kept the original newspaper article since the early 50's, and as you can easily see, the squirreled version (above) is a badly hacked and amateurish shoop-job!

Here it is (below) proof-positive in black and white!

Game over! Die SPs Die!

7b38ce8e-73da-4d88-9655-430a326fb48c_zpsm6bdyoth.jpg

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Of course we do not know what would have happened if dianetics had not come along because it did

Of course we do know what would have happened if Dianetics hadn't worked, because it didn't.

DISCLAIMER: The above should not be interpreted as invalidation or evaluation vs. anyone who nonetheless feels the urge to stand and applaud the wall photo of a mentally ill man in a nautical costume.

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
Of course we do know what would have happened if Dianetics hadn't worked, because it didn't.

DISCLAIMER: The above should not be interpreted as invalidation or evaluation vs. anyone who nonetheless feels the urge to stand and applaud the wall photo of a mentally ill man in a nautical costume.

That's true Hoaxie...

Dianetics doesn't work

And a claw hammer doesn't work either

But a carpenter does

And so does an auditor.

I picked up a toolbox from my time as an honest student of Hubbard and his colleagues and I have often used those tools to produce good and sometimes extraordinary good results

HelluvaHoax!

That's true Hoaxie...

Dianetics doesn't work

And a claw hammer doesn't work either

But a carpenter does

And so does an auditor.

I picked up a toolbox from my time as an honest student of Hubbard and his colleagues and I have often used those tools to produce good and sometimes extraordinary good results

Yes, comrade, I too trained in these tools to a Samauri level of perfection.

I could slay reactive minds with a single swipe of my sharpened ScnScimitar[sup]tm[/sup].

Yet, none of it was real.

All the PCs and slain reactive minds heard the work bell ring, signaling the end of our shift in the cult. We all ceased battle, removed our makeup and costumes---and went out for dinner together afterwards, often commenting or laughing about the absurd roles and god-awful dialogue the scriptwriter foisted upon us.

It was all just play acting.

You're not still "in character" are you? LOL

Last edited:

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
One of the main things I took away from the brief encounters I had with the Fatman, I chatted with him for about ten minutes one time and the other times very much less, is that he will do a lot for you, if and ONLY if, you are playing HIS game.

He is so good at human manipulation you'll come away starry-eyed thinking what a great guy he is. I did. I realized he tried to do something for me each time. Man, what a great guy! He's a past-master manipulator.

But later I eventually realized he will only do something for you if you are playing his game. And only his game. If you are not, then he. does. not. care. You mean nothing or less than nothing to him.
I don't think that's perfectly true Dave...

I recall a tale MSH told of a time they camping in Spain and she'd cooked up dinner over a campfire and her man was late so she went out looking for him and found him on a park bench with a Civil war vet. He was auditing and the fellow got back a lot of life in his legs and they brought him back for dinner.

If a person was decidedly not playing his game, yeah he could give a fuck less. In fact apparently he often didn't care about people who were playing his game.

If you don't mind my asking, when and where did you get to speak with the randy old goat?

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yes, comrade, I too trained in these tools to a Samauri level of perfection.

I could slay reactive minds with a single swipe of my sharpened ScnScimitar[sup]tm[/sup].

Yet, none of it was real.

All the PCs and slain reactive minds heard buzzer ring, signaling the end of our shift in the cult. We all ceased battle, removed our makeup and costumes---and went out for dinner together afterwards, often commenting or laughing about the absurd roles and god-awful dialogue the scriptwriter foisted upon us.

It was all just play acting.

You're not still "in character" are you? LOL
I never really was in character Hoaxie and the fact that I was never sycophantic about Elron and always applied critical thinking to my studies is probably the key to my having taken much with me when I left. It seems to be designed so someone CAN'T take value outside it's own sphere but I did.

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
omg lol lol lol lol priceless lol lol lol omg lol lol lol

I was recently looking at a very cool-ass modern house to buy and the designer had some of his far out (but incredibly perfect) modern art (grouped, vividly colorful self-portraits) in there. I was telling the broker that if i ended up buying it, i wanted that art thrown in.

<snip>
My brief comment off-topic for this thread, do not buy a house where an HOA is involved.
You will probably eventually regret it.

HOAs are bureaucratic oligarchies (i.e. dictatorships) and NOT a democracy of the home-owners.

Please, beware.

Last edited:

Dave B.

Maximus Ultimus Mostimus
I don't think that's perfectly true Dave...

I recall a tale MSH told of a time they camping in Spain and she'd cooked up dinner over a campfire and her man was late so she went out looking for him and found him on a park bench with a Civil war vet. He was auditing and the fellow got back a lot of life in his legs and they brought him back for dinner.

If a person was decidedly not playing his game, yeah he could give a fuck less. In fact apparently he often didn't care about people who were playing his game.

If you don't mind my asking, when and where did you get to speak with the randy old goat?
I see your point. But I'd call that Hubbard playing his game. Making sure someone sees him being Mr. Wonderful.

He craved admiration, his ego was gravitic. Like a blackhole star diverting any admiration particles and potential admiration for several parsecs around into and over his event horizon. Slurp.

It's sort of funny, he loved syncophants sucking his bum (sorry to be crude), but he also liked to talk with people who could be normal and just talk to him.

Sept. 21st 1970, June 17th 1984 a very wide ranging conversation, lol. And a couple times (briefly) later that year Nov. or Dec.

I have a lot to say about Hubbard and his circus. I've been jotting down random thoughts for years, I might finally try to write an e-book. But in reality, I'm over it.

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
I see your point. But I'd call that Hubbard playing his game. Making sure someone sees him being Mr. Wonderful.

He craved admiration, his ego was gravitic. Like a blackhole star diverting any admiration particles and potential admiration for several parsecs around into and over his event horizon. Slurp.

It's sort of funny, he loved syncophants sucking his bum (sorry to be crude), but he also liked to talk with people who could be normal and just talk to him.

Sept. 21st 1970, June 17th 1984 a very wide ranging conversation, lol. And a couple times (briefly) later that year Nov. or Dec.

I have a lot to say about Hubbard and his circus. I've been jotting down random thoughts for years, I might finally try to write an e-book. But in reality, I'm over it.

==============
Since I accidently landed in the quoted material and can't get out of it I will say this here. I think that your random thoughts put into an e-book might help others still in, or on the fence or even out get out and also move further along getting 'over it'. Congrats by the way.

HelluvaHoax!

Interesting.... and what did he say then ? .... beside: "There are BT's everywhere...."
I think you may be referring to Hubbard's quote, during his dwindling spiral down into total madness, when he stated:

"There are far more BTs than I ever imagined. . ."

Translation:

"There are far more BTs than I ever imagined. . .
when I first imagined BTs."

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron

Yeah...

Right...

Admiration!

I remember reading The Factors when I first got in. The first one is "Life is basically a static" and I only remember one other and I recall that because at the time I felt there was something funky about it but I couldn't put my finger on it.

"...the most valuable particle is admiration"

Then a while after getting ...ahem... "The Admissions" (as we of The Church of American Science call them) into my think tank it came to me...

Lucifer!

That is a Luciferian concept. "All the empires of all time are mine and give them to whom I wilt. Worship me and they will all be yours" said The Dark One to The Annointed One in the desert.

But I don't know as your assessment is true or not. I know for my own part when I shift into auditor gear I very well transcend ego. It's ALL about the person I'm working with. In fact when I do my best work the person doesn't even notice that I've done it. More than once I've pulled someone out serious psychological pits and had them walk off in such good spirits the former condition now so thoroughly in the past they don't even realize something good just happened. That's just fine with me, I can give myself a cookie for a good deed and God adds in the sugar of reward.

So I don't know but what Elron might have had some capacity self transcendence himself.

In fact, Mission Earth is an intricate book. Many readers will think of Jettero as Ron's fictional alter ego, which he is, or perhaps, more properly his super ego. And Soltan Gris does double duty in satirizing the CIA and serving as the vehicle for the author's confession; Ron's alter id. And his true alter ego is Penwell.

Terril park

Sponsor
Yeah...

Right...

Admiration!

I remember reading The Factors when I first got in. The first one is "Life is basically a static" and I only remember one other and I recall that because at the time I felt there was something funky about it but I couldn't put my finger on it.

Then a while after getting ...ahem... "The Admissions" (as we of The Church of American Science call them) into my think tank it came to me...

Lucifer!

That is a Luciferian concept. "All the empires of all time are mine and give them to whom I wilt. Worship me and they will all be yours" said The Dark One to The Annointed One in the desert.

But I don't know as your assessment is true or not. I know for my own part when I shift into auditor gear I very well transcend ego. It's ALL about the person I'm working with. In fact when I do my best work the person doesn't even notice that I've done it. More than once I've pulled someone out serious psychological pits and had them walk off in such good spirits the former condition now so thoroughly in the past they don't even realize something good just happened. That's just fine with me, I can give myself a cookie for a good deed and God adds in the sugar of reward.

So I don't know but what Elron might have had some capacity self transcendence himself.

In fact, Mission Earth is an intricate book. Many readers will think of Jettero as Ron's fictional alter ego, which he is, or perhaps, more properly his super ego. And Soltan Gris does double duty in satirizing the CIA and serving as the vehicle for the author's confession; Ron's alter id. And his true alter ego is Penwell.
" Life is basicly a static is an axiom not a factor.
Just nitpicking.

HelluvaHoax!

Yeah...

Right...

Admiration!

Lucifer! That is a Luciferian concept. "All the empires of all time are mine and give them to whom I wilt. Worship me and they will all be yours" said The Dark One to The Annointed One in the desert.

---snipped---

Yes, admiration is a "particle".

Ergo, affinity and love are also "particles".

This scientifically explains why Scientology is quite mistakenly viewed by the public as heartless & viciously vindictive. . .

R-FACTOR: Because LRH's technology is far more miraculous and powerful than anyone had ever realized, it is understandable that with all the exponential erasure and as-ising being done, some MEST particles are inevitably and inadvertently swept away as well. Once OTs have mopped up Xenu's cataclysmic intergalactic holocaust and planetary clearing has been achieved, quite naturally love will be restored to the universe in unprecedented abundance! Ron has stated, based on his wholetrack research, that the sector-salvaging project will not take longer than 5-10 years at most; thus, the need for Scientologists to use the tech of hate and terrorism is only a short and temporary measure. Because hate and terrorism are also just "particles" and as a part of the MEST universe, it's nothing to be the least concerned with.

BONUS R-FACTOR: Scientology PCs, PRE-OTS, STUDENTS and other CUSTOMERS are also referred to by management as "particles". That's why the cult can do anything they want to them, particles are just DevT that has to be routed/handled in order to acquire their money "particles".

Dave B.

Maximus Ultimus Mostimus
In my opinion Hubbard failed miserably. If you go by the stated goals of $cientology.

If you go by the Affirmations and whatever else he blathered about in those "Advices" or the 'Jesus was a whatever' PL - he succeeded in grabbing a lot of loot and smashing his name into history as well developing a fanatical following of ronbots who think he's God.

Net result of that for the public at large? Just another parasitic/toxic fanatic/fundamentalist organization who thinks it has the answer for everybody whether they want it or not, and is going to save the world no matter how many "enemies" they have to destroy.

Fail.
Yawn.