What's new

Witness to Dianetics: For the first time, the letters of key Hubbard ally Donald H. Rogers

Koot

Patron with Honors
In my opinion Hubbard failed miserably. If you go by the stated goals of $cientology.

If you go by the Affirmations and whatever else he blathered about in those "Advices" or the 'Jesus was a whatever' PL - he succeeded in grabbing a lot of loot and smashing his name into history as well developing a fanatical following of ronbots who think he's God.

Net result of that for the public at large? Just another parasitic/toxic fanatic/fundamentalist organization who thinks it has the answer for everybody whether they want it or not, and is going to save the world no matter how many "enemies" they have to destroy.

Fail.
Yawn.
Before order comes in, confusion must blow off. You're just jealous Maxultmost.

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
In my opinion Hubbard failed miserably. If you go by the stated goals of $cientology.

If you go by the Affirmations and whatever else he blathered about in those "Advices" or the 'Jesus was a whatever' PL - he succeeded in grabbing a lot of loot and smashing his name into history as well developing a fanatical following of ronbots who think he's God.

Net result of that for the public at large? Just another parasitic/toxic fanatic/fundamentalist organization who thinks it has the answer for everybody whether they want it or not, and is going to save the world no matter how many "enemies" they have to destroy.

Fail.
Yawn.

There is all too much truth in your assessment of "net result"

I think it's being sabotaged from within and without Dave. I think there have always been vested interests that don't want it to have the strong good effects it potentially could have

Of course Hubbard did saddle bag it with several lousy policies and - dear god! - THE MOST BIZARRE!!!! Cosmology ever devised by man.

But...

For instance...

My father died young, just 53 when his heart gave out. ECT twice. Nasty nasty shit...

I was incarcerated w/o warrant at Bellevue psych ward. Drugged. beaten. sodomized. The usual.

Five years later when I was again subjected to a psychiatric lynching I managed to get out afterward and go to see Bobby Ford who ran a mission in Cambridge. Man, I was in BAD shape. He 2WC'd me over a few days and the psychological result was the equivalent of having five major dislocated joints snapped back into place

I know what the shrinks do.

I know what auditors can do...

But not in the miscavage CoS they can't

You spoke with LRH in '84???

PLEASE!!!

Details!

Dave B.

Maximus Ultimus Mostimus
More like 600 or maybe 6000, after all this planet is pretty twisted.

Ya know, I think that may be Hubbard propaganda, or exaggeration. I tend to think of it as more of a Dodge City 1878 open city situation.

But yeah, it's the Eastside, Holmes nomesayin?