What's new

GROSS! Off Policy

phenomanon

Canyon
So when's the cutoff, then? 1986? 1982? 1965? 1952? Earlier than 1952? Later than 1952? ...:waiting:
I don't recall when Issues were revised, reissued and re revised, but I do know that LRH had a "Black List" in 1953/54.
I know that because I have a copy of a letter in which he says that Remy Stone is not on his Blacklist. His "black list contained names of people who were not to be allowed on any scn premises, not to be communicated with, etc.
A "declare" by any other name still smells shitty

Koot

Patron with Honors
Personally I am very careful with everything after Feb 1980, when Hubbard went into permanent seclusion. No one really knows (except the author) if Hubbard has written or seen something or not.
Good point.

freethinker

Sponsor
coooooooool...

I didn't know that.

And it SUCKS!!!

Same policy for repayment sucks

Still it shouldn't result in Declare
Do you really care if a church which deals in human trafficking declares you suppressive?

For myself, I am absolutely suppressive of abortion, human trafficking, mind control, and a host of other human rights abuses committed by Scientology every hour. just because they call it a religion doesn't whitewash those practices into acceptable behavioral practices.

If you want Scientology to declare you a good guy or woman then you have to agree with EVERYTHING they do.

Do you?

Koot

Patron with Honors
So when's the cutoff, then? 1986? 1982? 1965? 1952? Earlier than 1952? Later than 1952? ...:waiting:
Good question. I tend to lean towards Uncover's thought on it with a dose of how much Mischief-o-bitch was in control. I have read and heard enough LRH early and later to get to know the gist of it and him. I do not think he was total PR and Con man. I think he made some bad moves and having that much altitude and control his overts made big effects. After his death the vultures moved in and now the organization is reverberating from the top down as is expected.

Koot

Patron with Honors
I don't recall when Issues were revised, reissued and re revised, but I do know that LRH had a "Black List" in 1953/54.
I know that because I have a copy of a letter in which he says that Remy Stone is not on his Blacklist. His "black list contained names of people who were not to be allowed on any scn premises, not to be communicated with, etc.
A "declare" by any other name still smells shitty
I see no problem with blocking those with ill intent. We know very little of the details. We do know LRH was under attack from government institutions. We know how degraded and destructive governments can be,that includes ancient governments like the Catholic church, the Pharisees and Sadduces, Churches that is. When an INDIVIDUAL operates to help a suppressive organization(suppressive to anything, not just SCN) they should be located and labelled to warn others.

Koot

Patron with Honors
" Declare" doesn't mean shit! If you are willing to grovel and beg and kiss some Lamer's ass, AND have several thousands of dollars, you can
renew your membership.
It is a control mechanism among the many untold others that cos has in their playbook.
It certainly could be used that way.

Bill

Gold Meritorious Patron
I see no problem with blocking those with ill intent. We know very little of the details. We do know LRH was under attack from government institutions. We know how degraded and destructive governments can be,that includes ancient governments like the Catholic church, the Pharisees and Sadduces, Churches that is. When an INDIVIDUAL operates to help a suppressive organization(suppressive to anything, not just SCN) they should be located and labelled to warn others.
All that sounds perfectly reasonable, until you realize that anyone can call a group/organization/person "suppressive" without, necessarily, any valid reason. Such labeling could (and would) be used to censor and suppress good people.

No, I'll stick with our current justice system.

Fred Basset

Patron
So, I may as well just share this:

Was randomly opening EOC vol 0 and saw one line that just described what seems to be occurring in Orgs and Flag etc these days.

"....No product. Meaningless, often frantic and useless DO."

I don't fully follow the whole HCOPL, but as usual at least something stands out and makes a bit of sense.
I just thought that that is exactly what seems to occur a lot these days, the frantic and useless DO.

As I understand the PL, it means that there isn't the proper purpose and product of the staff. They just are excited and run around trying to get others to join in with the hysteria of being excited about the latest push. No actual product, just more hype.

George Layton

Silver Meritorious Patron
hubbard could see that these people were trying warn others of an INDIVIDUAL that was operating a suppressive organization, HIS. Why do you think he didn't want them around?

Koot

Patron with Honors
All that sounds perfectly reasonable, until you realize that anyone can call a group/organization/person "suppressive" without, necessarily, any valid reason. Such labeling could (and would) be used to censor and suppress good people.

No, I'll stick with our current justice system.
I can respect your choice. I would point out that any system can be abused. Those individuals who would abuse should be located and restrained IMHO.

Bill

Gold Meritorious Patron
I can respect your choice. I would point out that any system can be abused. Those individuals who would abuse should be located and restrained IMHO.
Yes, but our current justice system is a lot better than Scientology's "locate and restrain" based on one "authority's" accusation.

freethinker

Sponsor
So, I may as well just share this:

Was randomly opening EOC vol 0 and saw one line that just described what seems to be occurring in Orgs and Flag etc these days.

"....No product. Meaningless, often frantic and useless DO."

I don't fully follow the whole HCOPL, but as usual at least something stands out and makes a bit of sense.
I just thought that that is exactly what seems to occur a lot these days, the frantic and useless DO.

As I understand the PL, it means that there isn't the proper purpose and product of the staff. They just are excited and run around trying to get others to join in with the hysteria of being excited about the latest push. No actual product, just more hype.
Exactly, there was always a frantic urgency to get things done which was coated with the purpose of clearing the planet when the truth was- they were filling their bank account as fast as they could. That was, and is, the only purpose. And those who sympathize with Ron should realize he wrote the directives to rip people off. Anything you got out of the tech, well, you were lucky.

i don't think I ever want to hear the mantra, "We're going St Hill size" ever again. I'm sure people are getting overrun on Ideal Orgs as well.

Koot

Patron with Honors
Yes, but our current justice system is a lot better than Scientology's "locate and restrain" based on one "authority's" accusation.
Don't put words in my mouth. "Scientologies" system is not Scientology. It is a group gone mad and run by madmen. Our current justice system is about the same only way bigger and much much more dangerous.

Bill

Gold Meritorious Patron
Don't put words in my mouth. "Scientologies" system is not Scientology. It is a group gone mad and run by madmen. Our current justice system is about the same only way bigger and much much more dangerous.
Yeah. Right. So your solution is that "someone" would just locate people that they determine are bad and "restrain" them? Wonderful. Totally workable... :duh:

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
You are mistaken. The "last straw" for me was when the AOLA MAA asked me to dose an OT3 PC with Thorazine.
" Not my monkeys, not my circus". I was outta there in a flash, and wrote up my Resignation letter the next day.
Talk about "off policy"!!! Doping PC s was not what I signed up for.
YEEEEEE-OWWW!!!

Yeah!

Talk about off policy!

You've probably posted this before but I haven't seen it.

If you could expand on the story Phenomama I'd love to read it

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
" Declare" doesn't mean shit! If you are willing to grovel and beg and kiss some Lamer's ass, AND have several thousands of dollars, you can
renew your membership.
It is a control mechanism among the many untold others that cos has in their playbook.
Yeah...

It is ironic and paradoxical that the ideal per the COHE and many other primary materials is liberation from both inner and outer limits on freedom, self control, higher awareness but policy makes good tools for control freaks

The BEST defense is to know both the technical and policy materials that do promote freedom awareness ability and an Ethos NOT based on CGI

Koot

Patron with Honors
Yeah. Right. So your solution is that "someone" would just locate people that they determine are bad and "restrain" them? Wonderful. Totally workable... :duh:
Bad????? Good bad, right wrong, survive succumb, dominate escape domination ????? Sounds familiar. Welcome to the planet!!

Last edited: