What's new

Scarlet Johannson denies auditioning

Leland

Crusader
Perhaps one thing a Celeb like this wouldn't understand or know about the Cult.....

She could very well be ( and most likely was ) on some sort of Cult "hit list" of hot Hollywood women to get into the Cult...at any cost....

The Cult just does stuff like that...

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
This looks like both the CULT and the SCARLETT are doing spin-laden damage control

Both have a reason to distance themselves from what really happened.

INFO: I know someone personally who unwittingly "auditioned for a Tom Cruise project" that was on the list of hot chicks, lol. Clearly others gave identical testimonials (ref: story of NAZININ BONIADI) They did not willingly "audition". It's embarrassing or even humiliating if anyone thinks they tried to "audition" to be some cult fanatics gf.

Thus, I would venture a guess that:

SCARLET JOHANNSON is spinning it so that she is not connected to the cult or the perception that she is desperate/stupid enough to "audition" to be Cruises gf. That doesn't mean she didn't get "auditioned" by the cult. She did. She wasn't picked as the winner because she rejected Scientology.​
THE CULT is spinning it (as always) by deny, deny, deny, lie, lie, lie. It's just another crazy thing they did that backfired and make them look like treacherous freaks, which is exactly what they are.​

The parsing of words and rhetorically framed statements reek (to me at least) of crafted responses that send the story away by making people confused. After all, a tone 40 denial is, in itself, a Big Lie that makes people doubt their own eyes, ears and common sense.

Leland

Crusader
Thinking back about the stories at that time....

I now recall reading that the Cult initially lied and said they were some sort of Movie Part video “interviews.”

As that was the case, Scarlett, ( if interviewed at all by the Cult $) might not have know what the true deal was....

Certainly the Cult wouldn’t put out a “Casting Call” for any woman interested in being Tom Cruise’s girlfriend or next wife....that would have made laughing stocks of all the Execs at Scientology Cult!!!

Oh, wait. That is what happened..,

HelluvaHoax!

Thinking back about the stories at that time....

I now recall reading that the Cult initially lied and said they were some sort of Movie Part video “interviews.”

As that was the case, Scarlett, ( if interviewed at all by the Cult $) might not have know what the true deal was....

Certainly the Cult wouldn’t put out a “Casting Call” for any woman interested in being Tom Cruise’s girlfriend or next wife....that would have made laughing stocks of all the Execs at Scientology Cult!!!

Oh, wait. That is what happened..,

LOL

. . . and I happen to personally know how they did it. The cult promoted to hot models/actresses (that were active Scientologists in good standing) that they were selected to interview for a Tom Cruise project. The cult did not say it was a movie, and it was all very mysterious. My friend was selected to "interview" and went there. She (being an actress) was excited and hoped that she got "the part" but didn't know what movie or what the "project" was.

She never heard anything back. At one point I told her if it was a movie audition what film he was doing next and that she should try to get back in there somehow to sell herself, lol. She said that wasn't possible.

I was already long-gone and off lines by that point, but not declared so I didn't hear anything about it until i read the stories online many years later. Then I suddenly realized: "OH SHIT! That was the mysterious "interview" and super-secret "Tom Cruise project" that my friend was interviewed (in actress terms "auditioned") for.

So, the cult never said it was a movie. That was just an inference and shore story to get the hot "terminals" in for the "interview". The actresses and models just assumed (as they were supposed to) that it was an "audition" for a movie.

CONCLUSION: Evil cults trick, lie, fuck people over and then maniacally laugh (like Tom Cruise), after which they write OT Success Stories about their courageous humanitarian acts to save mankind, on this planet. The biggest and most convincing liars get jumbo gold medallions---because severe mental illness and sociopathic abuse of others are considered "abilities gained" in a criminally insane cult.

Aerial

Patron with Honors
I vaguely recall that she had met with Cruise but discovered it was under false pretences. The setting was really creepy and she quickly excused herself and left. Soon after, she withdrew from Mission Impossible 3.

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
I think we all know that coming at something like this 2D caper directly just isn't the Scientology way. There has to be a thorough data analysis and resulting program with detailed targets, an elaborate shore story (read: plausible deniability) and CYA provisions. We just know nothing like this could be possible without Miscavige either hatching the plan or personally approving it. Then there would be the brain storming sessions with a chosen few trusted lieutenants.

Did anyone raise their hand and say, "Hey boss, so wadda we doo when da truth bout all dis is on da intern net fur da hole wurld tuh see?"

"Fuggetuboutit! Jus make er go right!"

What do we call it when both parties want to cover up what really happened because they are too embarrassed to be associated with Scientology?

Aerial

Patron with Honors
http://www.showbiz411.com/2018/06/2...ises-girlfriend-at-scientology-center-in-2005

Some cockamamie story emanated from Megyn Kelly’s awful TV show yesterday that came out all botched like a whispered part of a “telephone” game.

I can tell you what really happened: Johansson, like a lot of actresses, were brought to the Scientology Celebrity Centre in the spring of 2005 to audition for “Mission Impossible 3.” Many of them realized later that they’d also been brought there as potential girlfriends for Tom Cruise. Katie Holmes was one of those actresses. She got the girlfriend job. Michelle Monaghan got the part.

Other actresses who told stories later like this included Jennifer Garner. If you recall, later, it was reported that Cruise started calling Garner with an idea of dating her. Ben Affleck told Cruise to buzz off, or else. (This was back before Affleck and Garner’s marriage and divorce.)

All these stories turned up years later in Lawrence Wright’s award winning book, “Going Clear.” Cruise also had a Scientology fix up with actress Nazanin Boniadi.

Johansson herself told me that she’d been brought to the Celebrity Center to meet Cruise for “Mission Impossible 3” and and kept there for around eight hours. There was a lavish meal set with her and Cruise. They showed her around the facility and offered to give her an e-meter test. (I can’t remember if she took it.) Johansson was horrified. She sensed something else was going on, had no intention of becoming a Scientologist or Cruise’s girlfriend. She’s a New York girl. She bolted. End of story.

Scarlett certainly didn’t “go on an audition to become Tom Cruise’s girlfriend.” No one did. No one new that’s what Cruise or Scientology had in mind. The Cruise marriage to Nicole Kidman had ended five years before. In that time, there had been public “fix ups” with Penelope Cruz, and with Sofia Vergara. Cruise was about to embark on publicity for “War of the Worlds.” He needed arm candy. After he “obtained” Katie Holmes, of course, there was a ton of publicity. Eventually Cruise went couch jumping on “Oprah” and fought with Matt Lauer on “Today.”

The rest, as they say, is misery.

Here is what I wrote on June 21, 2oo5:

The newly engaged Katie Holmes still has some explaining to do to her friends and family.

There were 16 days in April during which no one seems to know where she was.

Holmes made a public appearance on April 4 at the premiere of “Steel Magnolias” on Broadway.

She came with her publicist, Leslie Sloane Zelnick, and a couple of other friends. They were there to support Rebecca Gayheart, who was making her Broadway debut.

I know this because I spoke to Holmes at length during the play’s intermission. She said she had just moved into her New York apartment and was looking forward to seeing the city.

I also know that on April 4, she had not yet made the acquaintance of Tom Cruise. She briefly dated Josh Hartnett after breaking up with actor Chris Klein.

Hartnett, Klein, Cruise: Which of these three is not like the others?

Klein and Hartnett are young and tall. Cruise is middle-aged and height-challenged.

On the other hand, he’s the biggest movie star in the world. They are not.

Holmes was busy during that first week in April. On April 7, she was photographed at the Fragrance Foundation’s FiFi event.

Four days later, Holmes was still in New York and was photographed at VH1’s “Save the Music” concert. She still had not met Cruise.

Sometime that week, her friends say, she flew to Los Angeles for a meeting with Cruise about a role in “Mission: Impossible 3.” The meeting took place after April 11.

The next time anyone heard from Holmes was on April 27, when she appeared in public as Cruise’s girlfriend and love of his life.

Where was she during those 16 days?

Somewhere during that time, she decided to fire both her manager and agent, each of whom she had been with for years and who were devoted to her.

The manager, John Carrabino, also handles Renée Zellweger and is beloved by his clients.

Holmes also acquired a new best friend, Jessica Feshbach, the daughter of Joe Feshbach, a controversial Palo Alto, Calif., bond trader.

The Feshbach family, according to published documents, has donated millions to the Church of Scientology. Jessica’s aunt even runs a Scientology center in Florida.

According to Richard Behar‘s now famous 1991 story in Time magazine about Scientology, the Feshbachs were the subject of congressional hearings in 1989.

Behar wrote: “The heads of several companies claimed that Feshbach operatives have spread false information to government agencies and posed in various guises — such as a Securities and Exchange Commission official — in an effort to discredit the companies and drive the stocks down.

Michael Russell, who ran a chain of business journals, testified that a Feshbach employee called his bankers and interfered with his loans. Sometimes the Feshbachs send private detectives to dig up dirt on firms, which is then shared with business reporters, brokers and fund managers.”

The risk-taking Feshbachs, known the world over for making their fortune “shorting” stocks, and the level-headed, conservative Holmeses would be a difficult mix at a dinner table.

Katie’s father, Martin Holmes, is the senior partner in a large and respected Toledo, Ohio, law firm. His son, Martin Jr., has recently joined the firm. He’s a Harvard graduate. Katie’s mom, Kathy, is frequently cited in Toledo for her charity work.

There is some fear among Holmes’ close circle that her instant romance with Cruise is not as organic as portrayed.

For one thing, Holmes was raised a strict Catholic. Also, gone from the picture are two close Holmes friends who used to be with her when she did publicity for a film.

One of these is Meghann Birie, a childhood friend who has suddenly disappeared from Holmes’ world. Another, a local TV producer here in New York, was too afraid to discuss the situation with me.

We know that Cruise auditioned several actresses for this role before settling on Holmes. This column reported a story about Jennifer Garner. There have been published stories about Kate Bosworth, Lindsay Lohan and Jessica Alba being approached.

A newer one involves Scarlett Johansson, who ran for her life when presented with a fait accompli dinner at the Scientology Celebrity Centre in Hollywood.

And history has been rewritten since the April 27 unveiling.

Curiously, since the Cruise-Holmes situation popped up, we have heard over and over again that Cruise was the young actress’ idol when she was growing up.

That’s certainly interesting because all of the publicity that used to run on Holmes — still found all over the Internet — lists another Tom as her favorite actor.

That would be Tom Hanks.

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
Thanks for the info.

1. I didn't know that the Scientology Celebrity Center had also become an acting agency.
2. With all the negative internet info about Scientology I would think they would be smarter than that.
3. Really? They are actually doing acting interviews in that building?

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thanks for the info.

1. I didn't know that the Scientology Celebrity Center had also become an acting agency.
2. With all the negative internet info about Scientology I would think they would be smarter than that.
3. Really? They are actually doing acting interviews in that building?
It's not a very nice area really, certainly no Beverly Hills. I think it was probably a very nice neighborhood when it was first built because the surrounding area wasn't all filled in. But just do a google street view tour. The only thing separating CC from the noisy smelly freeway is the frontage road and a sound wall. Decades ago I associated that area with hookers, bums and auto burglaries and I can't imagine it's gotten any better.

If I were DM and I wanted to vet potential 2Ds for Tom I might bring them there because if they tolerated that much weirdness right out of the gate then I could interpret that as a willingness to be controlled.

They probably figured whoever the lucky contestant was she would discover it was a Scientology op eventually so what did they have to lose?

I think DM was going for a twofer. He had Tom as a Scientologist already and he needed someone who would not just tolerate his loyalty but reinforce it. And Tom was bait to land another A Lister. How the machinations must have been machinating. But it didn't go well did it DM? Instead of a steady stream of good press fawning over your successful match making it has been an unending tabloid nightmare.

That is the Scientology I know.

HelluvaHoax!

It's not a very nice area really, certainly no Beverly Hills. I think it was probably a very nice neighborhood when it was first built because the surrounding area wasn't all filled in. But just do a google street view tour. The only thing separating CC from the noisy smelly freeway is the frontage road and a sound wall. Decades ago I associated that area with hookers, bums and auto burglaries and I can't imagine it's gotten any better.

If I were DM and I wanted to vet potential 2Ds for Tom I might bring them there because if they tolerated that much weirdness right out of the gate then I could interpret that as a willingness to be controlled.

They probably figured whoever the lucky contestant was she would discover it was a Scientology op eventually so what did they have to lose?

I think DM was going for a twofer. He had Tom as a Scientologist already and he needed someone who would not just tolerate his loyalty but reinforce it. And Tom was bait to land another A Lister. How the machinations must have been machinating. But it didn't go well did it DM? Instead of a steady stream of good press fawning over your successful match making it has been an unending tabloid nightmare.

Yeah, when COB is C/Sing and "handling" your case/life, you either die, get divorced or your suffer unspeakably humiliating public disgrace.

The cure for all that is Scientology.

Because Scientologists don't experience any of those things as "losses". They are just "departures from the ideal scene that they are handling".

Maybe it is perfect Karma that Tom Cruise and John Travolta and Kirstie Alley are all (ultimately) being handled by a sociopathic thug.

Travolta's career is bombing badly.
Cruise's 2D is failing madly.
Kirstie's 2D and acting career are spiraling down sadly.

They are each receiving the results of Scientology.

They can't see it. They can't admit it.

WHAT TO DO? Medals. More medals. That should fix it!

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
http://blindgossip.com/?p=92441#more-92441

Blonde Brunette And Redhead

JUNE 28, 2018 BLIND GOSSIP 128 COMMENTS

[Blind Gossip] This blonde movie actress denies that she auditioned for a very specific role for a male movie star.

Oh, yes she did! She just doesn’t realize that she did!

Allow us to tell you about the audition.

She was one of several women who went through this about ten years ago. It starts out with a business meeting in his office under the guise of talking about possibly offering her a lead in a movie he’s thinking of doing. He doesn’t make any commitment to hire her, but if they get along, they proceed to a dinner meeting. Then comes a series of Bachelor-like dream dates. He doesn’t try to get physical. These are just fun adventures that are very high-end and custom (and always include private jet and private chefs). He wants them to be really impressed with him. Then, if it goes well, they have to sign a confidentiality agreement. Then they are presented with the offer.

The role for which they were actually auditioning? His wife.

Blondie only made it to the second meeting. That’s why she may not have realized what was going on. That’s also why she can vehemently deny that this ever happened.

You know who also “auditioned” for this role? A certain flame-haired actress whose career has taken a nosedive in the past decade. We don’t know how far she got in the audition process, but it certainly would have been a jaw-dropping match if she had landed the role!

You might find this whole process creepy and manipulative, but it works. In fact, just a few months after Blondie balked and Redhead flamed out, our male movie star succeeded in his quest. He “auditioned” and married a young, dark-haired actress!

Male Movie Star: Tom Cruise
Blonde: Scarlett Johansson
Redhead: Lindsay Lohan
Brunette: Katie Holmes

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yeah, when COB is C/Sing and "handling" your case/life, you either die, get divorced or your suffer unspeakably humiliating public disgrace.

The cure for all that is Scientology.

Because Scientologists don't experience any of those things as "losses". They are just "departures from the ideal scene that they are handling".

Maybe it is perfect Karma that Tom Cruise and John Travolta and Kirstie Alley are all (ultimately) being handled by a sociopathic thug.

Travolta's career is bombing badly.
Cruise's 2D is failing madly.
Kirstie's 2D and acting career are spiraling down sadly.

They are each receiving the results of Scientology.

They can't see it. They can't admit it.

WHAT TO DO? Medals. More medals. That should fix it!
It is fascinating to watch Hubbard's celeb strategy play out like a karmic train wreck in slow motion.

I find something disturbing about the use of the word "Celebrity" for the Celebrity Centre. It's awfully pretentious isn't it? We aren't calling it an "Artist" or "Actor" center. No, it denotes being famous. Here you are studying an applied philosophy that promotes itself as being the newest incarnation of Buddhism and we are supposed to be all about self aggrandizement?

What's really sad is the Chateau Elysee already had it's glory days. There must have been good reason the beautiful people long ago faded away. But in Hubbard's mind, he could bring them back and somehow vampirically transfer their power to himself. Maybe he was nostalgic for the idea of parlor rooms filled with the likes of Errol Flynn or Bette Davis but even in his time it should have been obvious to Hubbard that many of these people were seriously dysfunctional. If you want to take credit for their success then you must take credit for their failure.

"No object is so beautiful that, under certain conditions, it will not look ugly." - Oscar Wilde

kirstie-alley-and-giving-the-finger-gallery.jpg

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

It is fascinating to watch Hubbard's celeb strategy play out like a karmic train wreck in slow motion.

I find something disturbing about the use of the word "Celebrity" for the Celebrity Centre. It's awfully pretentious isn't it? We aren't calling it an "Artist" or "Actor" center. No, it denotes being famous. Here you are studying an applied philosophy that promotes itself as being the newest incarnation of Buddhism and we are supposed to be all about self aggrandizement?

What's really sad is the Chateau Elysee already had it's glory days. There must have been good reason the beautiful people long ago faded away. But in Hubbard's mind, he could bring them back and somehow vampirically transfer their power to himself. Maybe he was nostalgic for the idea of parlor rooms filled with the likes of Errol Flynn or Bette Davis but even in his time it should have been obvious to Hubbard that many of these people were seriously dysfunctional. If you want to take credit for their success then you must take credit for their failure.

No object is so beautiful that, under certain conditions, it will not look ugly. - Oscar Wilde

View attachment 14387

Terrific post!

And a brilliant catch that never occurred to me on naming it CELEBRITY center. That is such a huge "tell" in the cult's 68 year history that everyone seemed to completely miss.

One of my favorite observations of all time, great work!

HelluvaHoax!

kirstie-alley-and-giving-the-finger-gallery-jpg.14387

Ideal (Ob)Scene.

Dave B.

Maximus Ultimus Mostimus

Great point. That in itself is a major factor for anyone in $cientology. We all had alarm bells and huge red flags waving in our faces but rationalized it away. At least until we couldn't anymore.

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
naming it CELEBRITY center
Just goes to show that the COS was cognizant of the fact that this particular trap they were building was DESIGNED TO SNAG upper crust types and the wanna be upper cruster's BY THEIR EGO'S.
They knew that many of the whales they were fishing for will bite on these overtures as they're the type that has a deep seated need to be superior and at least a cut or two above their fellow man.
It's probably what drew them to Tinseltown in the first place.
In other words people with deep seated problems that they feel the need to offset with bogus superiority based on illusory elevated status, slight of hand and downright lies.
Whatever it took to entrap them was built into the trap that was primarily about appealing to their egotistical need to be a CELEBRITY, at least in their own minds.
I mean you could just hear how boastfully dripping with pride many were to announce they were on lines at "CELEBRITY" CENTER versus some ordinary low level class IV org or mission because of what "celebrity" implies.

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Just goes to show that the COS was cognizant of the fact that this particular trap they were building was DESIGNED TO SNAG upper crust types and the wanna be upper cruster's BY THEIR EGO'S.
They knew that many of the whales they were fishing for will bite on these overtures as they're the type that has a deep seated need to be superior and at least a cut or two above their fellow man.
It's probably what drew them to Tinseltown in the first place.
In other words people with deep seated problems that they feel the need to offset with bogus superiority based on illusory elevated status, slight of hand and downright lies.
Whatever it took to entrap them was built into the trap that was primarily about appealing to their egotistical need to be a CELEBRITY, at least in their own minds.
I mean you could just hear how boastfully dripping with pride many were to announce they were on lines at "CELEBRITY" CENTER versus some ordinary low level class IV org or mission because of what "celebrity" implies.

As you have articulated, it's a fascinating concept why the word celebrity was chosen.

I guess this is time for my annual posting of a the definition of "celebrity" from the time I was actually a Scientologist and began to notice that things in that science (I mean, philosophy, i mean applied philosophy, i mean religion)---were not right at all. They should have handled me at that point on joking and degrading, but nobody wrote a KR on me, they only laughed.

My (then) definition of "CELEBRITY" was:

celebrity -noun: (Scn) Any person's whose bank account balance equals or exceeds their tech estimate.

Cynical? No. Just accurate.