What's new

Scarlet Johannson denies auditioning

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
There must have been a PR survey to name Celebrity Centre. I knew it as The Manor and always had a little resistance to use of "Celebrity". I couldn't define that to myself at the time but it probably had something to do with all the deprivations we endured as staff in the name of the cause but here we are glorifying status and elitism. Hey, wait, we are Sea Org, I thought we were the elite!

But whatever that survey was it seems to have been ahead of it's time because here they are now giving millions for TA DA! Cue drum roll.....STATUS!

It can't be said that Hubbard wasn't clued into some aspects of human nature. Just what are we saying here? It's "Celebrity Centre". OK, using the British spelling of centre does seem a bit pretentious but Yvonne was an Aussie and it was her baby so we can dismiss that as a tip of the hat to Yvonne but now it is a center for celebrities. Ergo, by virtue of being there...you are a celebrity. You don't have a gentleman's club and not be a gentleman or a tennis club and not play tennis. And so in people's minds by going to Celebrity Centre they are already celebrities.

It's a great mental shortcut for anyone wanting to join the religion of "Me".

Dave B.

Maximus Ultimus Mostimus
I have to reconsider my above statement about Lindsay Lohan being perfect for Tom. Tom is not man enough to ride that bronc! Can you imagine the mind-bending exasperating 24/7/366 job it would be to be Lindsay's significant other?

No way Tom Cruise could handle her. Tom has no skills. A guy would have to be a world class playa to keep Lindsay toeing the line and semi-rational. Whomever she's with now I got to tip my hat to him......... or her.

phenomanon

Canyon
As you have articulated, it's a fascinating concept why the word celebrity was chosen.

I guess this is time for my annual posting of a the definition of "celebrity" from the time I was actually a Scientologist and began to notice that things in that science (I mean, philosophy, i mean applied philosophy, i mean religion)---were not right at all. They should have handled me at that point on joking and degrading, but nobody wrote a KR on me, they only laughed.
from the get-go, as the very word " Celebrity" pulled in HWD types
My (then) definition of "CELEBRITY" was:

celebrity -noun: (Scn) Any person's whose bank account balance equals or exceeds their tech estimate.

Cynical? No. Just accurate.
CC would charge what they called "priority rates" for auditing in their HGC. CC was a money making asset for LRH
from the start.

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
I have to reconsider my above statement about Lindsay Lohan being perfect for Tom. Tom is not man enough to ride that bronc! Can you imagine the mind-bending exasperating 24/7/366 job it would be to be Lindsay's significant other?

No way Tom Cruise could handle her. Tom has no skills. A guy would have to be a world class playa to keep Lindsay toeing the line and semi-rational. Whomever she's with now I got to tip my hat to him......... or her.
I think the biggest clue is he would probably want someone who fit his closest buddy Miscavige's criteria. In other words, completely domitable.

This is the ongoing problem in the Scientology world. After all this super human talk they want Type A people...who are submissive.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
CC would charge what they called "priority rates" for auditing in their HGC. CC was a money making asset for LRH
from the start.
....but what about all that planetary clearing, averting nuclear war mission to save the world? Wasn't that Ron's true motivation and purpose and goal?

what about saving the children who are the future?

what about the dreams that artists dream and so forth?

Weren't these the sky-high goals that Ron was really working on?

What about- -a world without war?

what about- -a world without insanity?

what about- -a world without criminality?

Or was it really just all about---a world without Ron's insolvency? lol

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
....but what about all that planetary clearing, averting nuclear war mission to save the world? Wasn't that Ron's true motivation and purpose and goal?

Yeah..

but come on..there are bills to be paid even when one want to salvage the planet...
we live in a physical universe...

Don't you recall we were replying the same to people asking the same questions you did ask ???? ;)

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron

Explained here...

https://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Library/Shelf/lamont/game.htm

(snipped)
Hubbard's philosophy on money was defined by him in Policy Letters of 27 November and 3 December 1971. Exhorting his orgs to do better and make bigger profits, Hubbard wrote: 'Basically *money* is an idea backed by confidence...remember, *money* represents *things*. It is a substitute for goods and services. What governments, people and even our orgs can't get understood is that NO PRODUCTION = No Money...as it exists at this writing; the only real crime in the West is for a group to be without money. That finishes it. But with enough money it can defend itself and expand. Yet if you borrow money you become the property of bankers. If you make money you become the target of tax collectors.'
(snipped)

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
There must have been a PR survey to name Celebrity Centre. I knew it as The Manor and always had a little resistance to use of "Celebrity". I couldn't define that to myself at the time but it probably had something to do with all the deprivations we endured as staff in the name of the cause but here we are glorifying status and elitism. Hey, wait, we are Sea Org, I thought we were the elite!

But whatever that survey was it seems to have been ahead of it's time because here they are now giving millions for TA DA! Cue drum roll.....STATUS!

It can't be said that Hubbard wasn't clued into some aspects of human nature. Just what are we saying here? It's "Celebrity Centre". OK, using the British spelling of centre does seem a bit pretentious but Yvonne was an Aussie and it was her baby so we can dismiss that as a tip of the hat to Yvonne but now it is a center for celebrities. Ergo, by virtue of being there...you are a celebrity. You don't have a gentleman's club and not be a gentleman or a tennis club and not play tennis. And so in people's minds by going to Celebrity Centre they are already celebrities.

What if the survey had revealed the best name (based on the "buttons") to be:

SCIENTOLOGY FAME AND MONEY CENTRE

Those are the two hottest buttons for people there

They want to be famous and they want to be rich.

Scientologists kid themselves that they want to be those things to save the planet

They don't. They want those things to jam others and force admiration.

If Tom Cruise was who he pretends to be he would sell some mansions and jets and artwork and put the money into clearing the planet, living in a simple 5 million dollar mansion, instead of having hundreds and hundreds of millions tied up in jets, cars, houses and estates.

He spends lavishly to have new flowers through his mansions every week, while staff go without medical care. He could use his money to fund many things (if he believe that Scientology really worked).

It's all pretense, braggadocio and sanctimonious chest pounding virtue signaling.

These celebs don't believe in planetary clearing, they just want medals, awards and perks.

If Keeping Scientology Working was as vital as they pretend, they'd be sponsoring free auditing for the public and major applications of scientology tech to drugs and illiteracy and criminality.

THeir programs are scams.

Their boasts are empty.

Celebrity Center. Fame whore center for people who think they are way better than everyone else.

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron

Scientologists kid themselves that they want to be those things to save the planet

If Tom Cruise was who he pretends to be he would sell some mansions and jets and artwork and put the money into clearing the planet, living in a simple 5 million dollar mansion, instead of having hundreds and hundreds of millions tied up in jets, cars, houses and estates.

He spends lavishly to have new flowers through his mansions every week, while staff go without medical care. He could use his money to fund many things (if he believe that Scientology really worked).

It's all pretense, braggadocio and sanctimonious chest pounding virtue signaling.

These celebs don't believe in planetary clearing, they just want medals, awards and perks.

If Keeping Scientology Working was as vital as they pretend, they'd be sponsoring free auditing for the public and major applications of scientology tech to drugs and illiteracy and criminality.

Their boasts are empty.

Celebrity Center. Fame whore center for people who think they are way better than everyone else.
Celebrity Centre - Virtue signaling before virtue signaling was cool!

phenomanon

Canyon

Their boasts are empty.

Celebrity Center would not pay their Auditors.

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
Celebrity Center would not pay their Auditors.
Interesting. Auditors were payed based on "well done auditing hours" WDAH.
If there was a C/S correction (then auditor goes to cramming in Qual) then they were not payed for those particular hours.
But they were payed for WDAH.
Correct me if I am wrong about this (details).

Dave B.

Maximus Ultimus Mostimus
I'm sorry. This Lindsay/Tom match fascinates me.

Secret Transcript I received last night.

DM: "Tom, we've done a survey of the public which by the way, I'm going to ignore. They would like to see you marry Katie Holmes but I've decided you need to marry Lindsay Lohan."

Tom: "Noooooooooooo!!!" "That crazy......" (unintelligible screaming) "No!!!!" (more unintelligible screaming).... (sobbing) "Dave, I though you were my BFF, you bastard!" (throws a whiskey glass at the wall)

DM: "Look, Tom no HE&R OK? We've determined that it's a much better PR victory for $cientology if you marry Lindsay. Take one for the team, buddy."

Tom: "We? It's you, you traitor, it's your idea, quit BS-ing me COB." "You're not my BFF anymore!" "How could you do this to me?"

DM: "(talking to no one in particular).... we get her on the Purif say she's off of drugs, maybe get her some auditing, I'll personally CS her case.
(turns to Tom) You guys just go to premieres and stuff, tell everyone that $cientology turned her life around blah, blah, blah and happily ever after.....Hollywood, baby! Don't worry, you don't have to actually have sex with her anything icky like that. We'll get her a handler."

Tom: (forcefully) "There is no way..."

DM: "Way! buddy. I'm in charge here. Do I need to convince you? (slams whiskey glass down on table) We can always leak to the press your fascination with wrestling redheaded guys in tighty-whities. Everybody knows you're a little light in the loafers. What do ya think of that?" (DM hugs Tom) (tenderly) I love you BFF but there's a bigger picture here. (pats him on the back)

Tom: (sobbing, choking sounds)

Tom: (pushes DM away) "No. Just no. (stands at attention) "Sir, I respectfully refuse to marry (spits out the words) Lindsay Lohan!!" (Salutes and leaves the room) Outside the sound of a motorcycle revving up and roaring off into the distance.

DM: (sits down, pours himself a fresh drink picks up the phone and dials a number) "Yeah, it's all set," "He didn't want to marry any of them, the little panty-waist, but I convinced him to go with Katie Holmes." (Hangs up, sips his drink and smiles to himself)

Last edited:

phenomanon

Canyon
If there was a C/S correction (then auditor goes to cramming in Qual) then they were not payed for those particular hours.
CCLA did not pay me, their Cl8 Public HGC auditor for several weeks. I was not Staff. I was not a student. I was a Mercenary, if you will. An Independent Contractor. A Non-SO Professional auditor. I quit auditing for them after I couldn't afford to work there anymore. They actually broke a written contract with me. My C/S, sued them for back pay.

phenomanon

Canyon
I answered this for you yesterday, and you ack'd my answer. But I am hung up on wtf you posted these "details". You well know that those are the promises made to Auditors, but Policy and the reality of the fooking EXCHANGE that actually exist are two different things.
I know that you know that, so I don't understand your posting this "ideal pay exchange"

phenomanon

Canyon
Explained here...

(snipped)
Hubbard's philosophy on money was defined by him in Policy Letters of 27 November and 3 December 1971. Exhorting his orgs to do better and make bigger profits, Hubbard wrote: 'Basically *money* is an idea backed by confidence...remember, *money* represents *things*. It is a substitute for goods and services. What governments, people and even our orgs can't get understood is that NO PRODUCTION = No Money...as it exists at this writing; the only real crime in the West is for a group to be without money. That finishes it. But with enough money it can defend itself and expand. Yet if you borrow money you become the property of bankers. If you make money you become the target of tax collectors.'
(snipped)
I just scanned that Stewart Lamont link . Fascinating.

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
I just scanned that Stewart Lamont link . Fascinating.
I thought it was a fascinating read also. I had heard that money quote used by an FSM who gave presentations at orgs and missions in the 70s. It was used to diminish the value of money in the mind of the reg target - the reg and Hubbard, the likes for whom the acquisition of other people’s money was everything. I’ve read numerous timelines about this period circa 82 and I think this is a pretty good summation. It makes me wonder if they would have done anything differently if they knew how so much detailed information about all of this would become so ubiquitous and archived for eternity on something called the internet. Probably not much, since even now they behave like everything they do will never come out. I was in the Sea Org during this time, I worked with or had known of many of these people, and there were a lot of things going on that effected me directly which I always had a difficult time understanding - not just because it was the Sea Org but because there were things going on in the background that were unusual even for the Sea Org. It all makes perfect sense to me now. I'm sure a lot of us feel the same way.

I thought the conversation that he had with Heber in the car was unsettling because it reminded me of myself, how I could prevaricate like this as a true believer in defense of Hubbard and Scientology. This bit about the RPF I found to be especially disturbing but an accurate representation of the mindset.

He mentions having dinner with Heber and Karen in LA and finally getting interrogated at Big Blue.

(snipped)
SL: ...also there were people who were doing...shall we say, almost deprogramming type things to people who were stepping out of line within Scientology.
HJ: In what sense?
SL: Well, allegations about people who were sent...washing floors and eh...penances in the Catholic sense.
HI: Well, I didn't find it terribly humiliating. In fact, it was kind of therapeutic. I happen to love working with wood, sanding doors...
SL: But it's difficult for outsiders to understand that. Isn't it like disciplining naughty schoolboys?
HJ: No, not at all. No, I think it goes back to the Buddhist concept...where a person contributes...to the group that he has in some way dishonoured or marked. You see what I mean?
SL: Yes.
HJ: But not in a...how shall I say it?...not in a sense of eternal obsequiousness...or any of those things. It was a restorative step of capabilities; it's like one sorts out in a very sequential kind of way...understanding his own personal self, his involvement if you will....To sin originally in its concept meant 'to miss the mark'. Well, when you're going towards the wrong mark it's a corrective kind of thing...I think the first time I did it I was terrified to have to go...first of all that I had been...I felt that I had fallen that far down as me. But then I saw the sense of it, then I saw that it was not abusive at all; it was not abusive and there is something to be said about good old physical labour. Washing the walls or mopping a floor or working with woodwork or laying bricks or...you know, these are the things that I remember as a kid, I absolutely enjoyed tremendously.
SL: But from the point of view of someone who has, if you like, left the organization; they look back and they see it as a kind of tyranny, don't they?
HJ: Some do....

And so the conversation went on. Heber Jentzsch loved talking - and he talked well.
(snipped)

renegade

Silver Meritorious Patron

In the org, it made some feel that the celebs validated their choice of religion as the superior one. Like "Oh yeah, he's one of us."
That and the lrh quote being an artist as a cut above man also fed the ego.

P.S. Scarlett and Lindsey are way too young for Tom. He could be their father. What was he thinking?