What's new

Travolta / Gotti Film release cancelled!

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
. . .
Now that Hubbard is sorta old news on the message board

and Marty has crawled back under his rock, I just can't
let go of this supremely humorous event for some reason.

TimeTravolta.jpg . . . . JT-Time.jpg

:evillaugh:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Why not the Four Season's "Walk Like a Man"?

LOL

I am morbidly obsessed with the "unprecedented" stupidity of a feature film LITERALLY using a song because it has a word in it that acts like a clay demo label for the action in the scene (i.e. Gotti is walking, so they play "Walk Like An Egyptian"). Insane!

It is so amateurish that a 4th grader would easily understand why you never, ever, ever, ever, ever break that wall between the film and your audience, entirely RUINING the suspension of disbelief magic that makes movies lovable.

It's movie suicide by preposterously unqualified people who delusionally assume they know how to make a movie just because they have seen movies.

Let's find another analogous and abominably absurd analogy to illustrate just how bad the GOTTI filmmakers are. . .

Movie: THE GODFATHER (if it had been produced by Travolta, and the other 41 Gotti producers)

Scene: Luca Brasi tries to lure another murderous mafia family into believing he is not happy with the Corleone family and might switch allegiances---if the price is right. At 1:50 of the clip (below) the Gotti producers would have cued up the Beatles song: "I WANT TO HOLD YOUR HAND"

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

I am slightly confused. Looked at the ROTTEN TOMATOES score today for "Gotti" and it was still ZERO PERCENT for their pro-reviewers and down to 56% for the rest. Okay so far.

But, there are now only 36 total reviews. Weren't there appx 7000 reviews before when the producers were scamming and gaming the system with all those fake "glowing reviews" by people who just signed up and only reviewed the Gotti and one other film (produced by the same company, lol)

Did Rotten Tomatoes delete all those fake reviews now? Whoa, cool. Or am I not following this correctly.

Thirty six people "on this planet" reviewed it? That's all? What happened to Travolta's miraculous OT powers, he must have temporarily roller-coastered and gone PTS due to being connected to an SP (John Gotti).

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP

I am slightly confused. Looked at the ROTTEN TOMATOES score today for "Gotti" and it was still ZERO PERCENT for their pro-reviewers and down to 56% for the rest. Okay so far.

But, there are now only 36 total reviews. Weren't there appx 7000 reviews before when the producers were scamming and gaming the system with all those fake "glowing reviews" by people who just signed up and only reviewed the Gotti and one other film (produced by the same company, lol)

Did Rotten Tomatoes delete all those fake reviews now? Whoa, cool. Or am I not following this correctly.

Thirty six people "on this planet" reviewed it? That's all? What happened to Travolta's miraculous OT powers, he must have temporarily roller-coastered and gone PTS due to being connected to an SP (John Gotti).
The 36 reviews are just the critic reviews, but there are still over 7000 user ratings.

What I find fascinating is that since it was exposed that the audience score was being manipulated it's dropped from about 81% down to 56%.
I'm wondering how THAT happened. :hmm:

HelluvaHoax!

The 36 reviews are just the critic reviews, but there are still over 7000 user ratings.

What I find fascinating is that since it was exposed that the audience score was being manipulated it's dropped from about 81% down to 56%.
I'm wondering how THAT happened. :hmm:
Ohhhhhhhhh, now i get it.

That plummeting audience score must be due, I assume, to filtering out some of the more obvious fake newbies who just opened an account to rate GOTTI. Or, maybe the producers stopped paying whomever was orchestrating that scam when the movie bombed so badly (and quickly!).

Did Travolta and the other 41 amateur producers go down the tone scale and stop being "total cause"? LOL.

I spoke to Billy Blowdown earlier today and he told me:

"Gotti is my favorite movie of all time! JT is definitely going to win an Oscar, he is beyond brilliant. And, my knowingness also picked up that COB is going to send in a mission of fully uniformed Sea Org execs to do metered ethics interviews with all 41 producers to find the who and straighten that whole mess out so the movie's stat quickly reverse and it becomes the biggest blockbuster in movie history. I am feeling so good about all this now!"​

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Ohhhhhhhhh, now i get it.

That plummeting audience score must be due, I assume, to filtering out some of the more obvious fake newbies who just opened an account to rate GOTTI. Or, maybe the producers stopped paying whomever was orchestrating that scam when the movie bombed so badly (and quickly!).

Did Travolta and the other 41 amateur producers go down the tone scale and stop being "total cause"? LOL.

I spoke to Billy Blowdown earlier today and he told me:

"Gotti is my favorite movie of all time! JT is definitely going to win an Oscar, he is beyond brilliant. And, my knowingness also picked up that COB is going to send in a mission of fully uniformed Sea Org execs to do metered ethics interviews with all 41 producers to find the who and straighten that whole mess out so the movie's stat quickly reverse and it becomes the biggest blockbuster in movie history. I am feeling so good about all this now!"​
The SP critics are so nattery about the Gotti movie. Maybe Billy is right about this. Here's an example to which I refer, from newsday.com

These are the worst movies, TV, music of 2018 so far
https://www.newsday.com/entertainment/worst-of-2018-1.19472247

critics.PNG

By the way, the official total is actually 44 producers. :D
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1801552/

I would love to see a SNL skit where someone interviews the producers of the Gotti movie and they get a group of 44 people playing the producers, all arguing amongst each other in response to the questions asked of them.

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

The SP critics are so nattery about the Gotti movie. Maybe Billy is right about this. Here's an example to which I refer, from newsday.com

These are the worst movies, TV, music of 2018 so far
https://www.newsday.com/entertainment/worst-of-2018-1.19472247

View attachment 14388

By the way, the official total is actually 44 producers. :D
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1801552/

I would love to see a SNL skit where someone interviews the producers of the Gotti movie and they get a group of 44 people playing the producers, all arguing amongst each other in response to the questions asked of them.

Travolta should follow the axiom "WHAT TURNS IT ON TURNS IT OFF" and continue on. . .

He already has made two of the worst movies in cinematic history ("Battlefield Earth" and "Gotti").

He needs to go for the Trilogy! A 3rd movie celebrating a sociopathic cult leader's ideas:

1. HUBBARD, author of BattleField Earth and supreme rulah of the cult of Scn.​
2. GOTTI, author of the mafia's demise and supreme thugger of the cult of mafia.​
3. MISCAVIGE, author of Scientology's demise and supreme mugger of the cult of OT masochists.​

I'd like to see Travolta flex his creative muscles and star as COB in a biopic. He could switch out to a pompadour wig and use the same suits from Gotti. And, he could use all the mean faces from Gotti too, that really worked he'll tell you.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Travolta should follow the axiom "WHAT TURNS IT ON TURNS IT OFF" and continue on. . .

He already has made two of the worst movies in cinematic history ("Battlefield Earth" and "Gotti").

He needs to go for the Trilogy! A 3rd movie celebrating a sociopathic cult leader's ideas:

1. HUBBARD, author of BattleField Earth and supreme rulah of the cult of Scn.
2. GOTTI, author of the mafia's demise and supreme thugger of the cult of mafia.​
3. MISCAVIGE, author of Scientology's demise and supreme mugger of the cult of OT masochists.​

I'd like to see Travolta flex his creative muscles and star as COB in a biopic. He could switch out to a pompadour wig and use the same suits from Gotti. And, he could use all the mean faces from Gotti too, that really worked he'll tell you.
Travolta will have to beat out Andrew Perez for the role:

Also, JT already has is Trilogy! :D

He started it off back in 1993 with Look Who's Talking Now
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/look_whos_talking_now

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
MoviePass has launched an online store but there's no 'Gotti' gear yet.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/ne...theres-not-gotti-gear-e2-80-94-yet/ar-AAzknKr

The stats for overseas box office are straight up and vertical with 57K reported from Hungary. :D
http://www.showbiz411.com/2018/07/0...in-release-jurassic-roars-with-another-60-mil

In other news having nothing to do with Gotti but I didn't want to start a separate thread for it, there is a crowd-funding effort now to build a fan-owned entertainment company that looks interesting!
https://wefunder.com/legionm?wf_campaign=AL01Button&wf_source=FB

[bcolor=#ffff99]Key Facts:[/bcolor]

[bcolor=#ffff99]Founded by Emmy-winning digital media pioneers.[/bcolor]

[bcolor=#ffff99]One of the most successful companies in JOBS Act History, with over 7,000 investors and a worldwide community of over 30,000.[/bcolor]

[bcolor=#ffff99]Initial slate of projects includes feature films starring David Tennant, Anne Hathaway, Nicolas Cage, Jason Sudeikis, and a groundbreaking virtual reality series with Stan Lee and Kevin Smith.[/bcolor]

[bcolor=#ffff99]Advisory board full of Hollywood heavyweights, including executives from Sony, Legendary/Nerdist/Geek & Sundry, Neon, Alamo Drafthouse, Meltdown, 42 Entertainment, Starlog/Fangoria and more.[/bcolor]

[bcolor=#ffff99]Raised more than $4M since incorporating in 2016.[/bcolor]

[bcolor=#ffff99]Want to see first-hand what Legion M is all about? Join as a free member at: www.legionm.com.[/BCOLOR]

https://wefunder.com/legionm?wf_campaign=AL01Button&wf_source=FB

Last edited:

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
Another tough guy movie where JT didn't have the mustard to fill the bill for the lead was "Be Cool", the sequel to "Get Shorty" in '05. His role was Chilli Palmer and he played it with all the snap & sizzle of a dolled up marshmallow with a Koko the chimp hairpiece as he was bloated & dull as he lacked any fundamental street cred whatsoever and the movie was D.O.A. irregardless to how star studded the cast was.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Another tough guy movie where JT didn't have the mustard to fill the bill for the lead was "Be Cool", the sequel to "Get Shorty" in '05. His role was Chilli Palmer and he played it with all the snap & sizzle of a dolled up marshmallow with a Koko the chimp hairpiece as he was bloated & dull as he lacked any fundamental street cred whatsoever and the movie was D.O.A. irregardless to how star studded the cast was.

Just out of curiosity I looked to see how it scored on Rotten Tomatoes (32%) and looked at some of the reviews. Peter Travers (Rolling Stone) made me lol:

You know a sequel isn't working when, ten minutes into the movie, a voice inside your head starts screaming, 'Please make it stop!'

hummingbird

Patron with Honors
I subscribe to Entertainment Weekly magazine. Every issue, the last page is a big dartboard, with the hits of the week in the middle of the board, and the not-so-great stuff heading towards the outside rim, and the misses out on the edges. In this week's issue, this was waaayyyy in the top left corner. Made me chuckle.

Gotti.jpg

HelluvaHoax!

I subscribe to Entertainment Weekly magazine. Every issue, the last page is a big dartboard, with the hits of the week in the middle of the board, and the not-so-great stuff heading towards the outside rim, and the misses out on the edges. In this week's issue, this was waaayyyy in the top left corner. Made me chuckle.

View attachment 14400
LOL

One is prompted to wonder "WHAT'S NEXT?" for Travolta's career.

PREDICTION: TV. Goofy character in a goofy sit-com. Maybe even a sequel or reprise of his earlier "successful actions". Hmmm, what would the name of the updated, "woke" show be? Maybe, "VINNIE BARBARINO 2018 - OUT, TRANS & RESISTING TRUMP!"

LikeMeOrNot

Patron
LOL

One is prompted to wonder "WHAT'S NEXT?" for Travolta's career.

PREDICTION: TV. Goofy character in a goofy sit-com. Maybe even a sequel or reprise of his earlier "successful actions". Hmmm, what would the name of the updated, "woke" show be? Maybe, "VINNIE BARBARINO 2018 - OUT, TRANS & RESISTING TRUMP!"
Hi, Hoaxie!