What's new

No Politics! ESMB is about Scientology!

Veda

Sponsor
Rule number 2 from Leah Remini's Facebook group:
"No politics. This is not a forum to debate Trump, Hillary, Politics. This only leads to heated arguments and warfare.
There are numerous other groups to go to for political dabate."

Last edited:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Rule number 2 from Leah Remini's Facebook group:
"No politics. This is not a forum to debate Trump, Hillary, Politics. This only leads to heated arguments and warfare.
There are numerous other groups to go to for politcal dabate."
I get tired of talking about Scientology and enjoy discussing other subjects (including politics) with others on here. But the political discussions seem just too divisive.

If political discussions do continue I'd recommend that Emma choose someone to specifically moderate the threads which include politics, to more closely enforce the forum rules, as those threads seem to be more in need of moderation.

IF we do lose the political discussions perhaps we can pick some other place on the net for those of us who wish to continue discussing politics.

Veda

Sponsor
My position, I don't mind it as long as the political threads are in the off-topic section of this MB.
(The same goes for music, computer stuff, and economics.)
Music, computer stuff, and economics don't generate nearly the intensity of emotion and ill will between people who, otherwise, would be friends.

Also it seems to be making Emma unhappy.

People join and then they can see the members only section. How many take a look at the never ending political arguments and choose never to return?

pineapple

Silver Meritorious Patron
If Emma wants to forbid it, I wouldn't object. She is running the board, after all. I rarely take part in political discussions, as it does get into what we used to call HE&R (human emotion and reaction) very easily.

On the other hand I don't object to it continuing as long as it's kept out of the public area.

And there are cases where scn and politics intermingle, like scngsts running for political office, or politicians (maybe unknowingly) supporting scn front groups. What about those?

And really, the aims of scn are ultimately political. They do want to take over the world, quite literally. I don't think they have much chance of doing that in the foreseeable future, but it is what they eventually want to achieve. Everything else, really, all the talk of "spiritual freedom," is just a cover story. What they really want is POWER.

"Somebody some day will say ‘this is illegal.’ By then be sure the orgs say what is legal or not."
- L. Ron Hubbard, HCOPL 4 January 1966, "LRH Relationship to Orgs"

Hubbard1958.jpg

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
I'd like to see more people contributing their views to the political threads ... people who lean firmly towards the left don't seem to hang around for long though and I have wondered if that's due to the shock of having to experience differing viewpoints after so many years of political correctness.

Open opposition to some subjects (mainly minority groups, certain religions, immigration etc) seems to freak them out but if they posted thoughtful and respectful comments I'm sure they would be listened to and responded to in the same vein.

The world has really changed since ESMB started ... and I suppose we are just trying to make sense of it as many of us tried to make sense of the cult and as long as it's kept to a few threads I don't think it's a problem ... I really don't like seeing vicious attacks on people with opposing views (left or right leaning) but that's a maturity issue (or lack of) and we tend to sort it out pretty fast between us.

When things are happening (regarding the cult) we all seem to gravitate towards those threads pretty fast but when it's quiet other things get discussed and I really like it that way.

:)

Veda

Sponsor
If Emma wants to forbid it, I wouldn't object. She is running the board, after all. I rarely take part in political discussions, as it does get into what we used to call HE&R (human emotion and reaction) very easily.

On the other hand I don't object to it continuing as long as it's kept out of the public area.

And there are cases where scn and politics intermingle, like scngsts running for political office, or politicians (maybe unknowingly) supporting scn front groups. What about those?

And really, the aims of scn are ultimately political. They do want to take over the world, quite literally. I don't think they have much chance of doing that in the foreseeable future, but it is what they eventually want to achieve. Everything else, really, all the talk of "spiritual freedom," is just a cover story. What they really want is POWER.

"Somebody some day will say ‘this is illegal.’ By then be sure the orgs say what is legal or not."
- L. Ron Hubbard, HCOPL 4 January 1966, "LRH Relationship to Orgs"

Hubbard1958.jpg
The idea is to Keep the pro-Trump and anti-Trump war out of ESMB as much as possible.

Last edited:

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
I'd like to see more people contributing their views to the political threads ... people who lean firmly towards the left don't seem to hang around for long though and I have wondered if that's due to the shock of having to experience differing viewpoints after so many years of political correctness.

Open opposition to some subjects (mainly minority groups, certain religions, immigration etc) seems to freak them out but if they posted thoughtful and respectful comments I'm sure they would be listened to and responded to in the same vein.

The world has really changed since ESMB started ... and I suppose we are just trying to make sense of it as many of us tried to make sense of the cult and as long as it's kept to a few threads I don't think it's a problem ... I really don't like seeing vicious attacks on people with opposing views (left or right leaning) but that's a maturity issue (or lack of) and we tend to sort it out pretty fast between us.

When things are happening (regarding the cult) we all seem to gravitate towards those threads pretty fast but when it's quiet other things get discussed and I really like it that way.

:)

This is an opportunity I take, since you raise the question sis.
It is a fact we are both respectful to our different vewpoints about politics.

I was raised in a social democrat country. Like Emma well said it, in another thread, I too like the fact taht all kids are entitled education, wether they are poor or rich, that all people are entitled medical care, wether they are rich or poor and women and men, gay or heterosexual have equal rights and that women can have control over procreation. But on another side, I don't want people who can hold a job to become social benefit suckers, neither hard workers to be drained of the majority of their earnings to feed those people. I don't want to live in a country hijacked by illegal migrants who we don't have a clue who they are neither to support them while many women who raised a family are already in need of help since they have a very low income...

So that makes me in the center...I think both sides has good and less good..
But..
When I even tried to discuss and bring some other moderated viewpoint in ESMB politic thread, I was immediately called a islamist, feminist, lefty and bla bla bla...(none of this I am) wich was obviously to insult me, like anyone who is not right wing and thus who haven't seen the light or the genious of Trump yet.... It seems that being center and moderate is almost impossible on ESMB..you either have to be a pissed off righty or a freak lefty...a pro\agaisnt Trump..that's mainly is what it is about...

So..since I became angry a few times....I decided to leave for good..I blew...LOL
obviously there was ZERO possibility to have such a real constructive discussion on ESMB without being insulted, or being caught in a middle of a quarrel...or being subjected to intense youtube freak videos posting...I am done with cults...and extremist.
I must validate a few people who remained always decent and were really interested in discussing with an open mind to other viewpoints..like Enthetan and you.

Thus, this forum is on ignore for me..So, whatever people and\or Emma decide is fine with me, since I already made it disappear from my thoughts and consideration ( and It makes me live better..lol..away of madness) . What wil be the best for ESMB to remain open, available for it's precious content, and a nice place to enjoy for people in need is fine with me. I have a special consideration though for Emma who is the one who must host and moderate those forums..I pray for her soul though :D

p.s. I am alone, but I can't figure out who those lefties are..apart from 2-3 and they are entitle to their opinion withouth to be made wrong because they carry an opposite viewpoint or decide to leave the building ????

Last edited:

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
This is an opportunity since you raise the question sis.
You knos we are both respectfull to our different vewpoints about politics.

I was raised in a social democrat country. and like Emma well said in in another thread I like the fact taht all kids are entitles education, wether they are poor or rich, that all people are entitle medical care, wether they are rich or poor and women and men, gay or heterosexual have equal rights and that women can have control over procreation. But on another side, I don't want people whi can hold a job to become social benefit suckers, neither people to be drained of the majority of their earnings to feed those people. I don,t want to live in a coutry hijacked by illegal migrants who we don't have a clue who they are neither to support them while many women who raised a family are already in need of help since they have a very low income...

So that makes me in the center...I think both sides has good and less good..
But..
When I even tried to discuss and bring some other point of view in ESMB politic threads..I was immediately called a islamist, feminist, lefty and bla bla bla...(none of this I am) wich was obviously to insult me, like anyone who is not right wing and thus who hasn,t see the light.. It seems that being center and moderate is almost impossible on ESMB..you either have to be a pissed off righty or a freak lefty...

So..since I became angry a few times....I decided to leave for good..I blew... obviously there was ZERO possibility to have such a real constructive discussion on ESMB without being insulted, or being caught in a middle of a quarrel...or being subjected to intense youtube freak videos...I am done with cults...and extremists.
I must validate a few people who remained always decent and were really interested in discussing with an open mind to other viewpoints..like Enthetan and you.

Thus, this forum is on ignore for me ..and whatever people and\or Emma decide is fine with me, since I already made it disappear from my thoughts and consideration. What wil be the best for ESMB to remain open and a nice place is fine with me. I have a special consideration though for Emma who is the one who must host and moderate those forums..I pray for her soul though :D

p.s. I am alone, but I can't figure out who those lefties are..apart from 2-3 and they are entitle to their opinion withouth to be made wrong because they carry an opposite viewpoint or decide to leave the building ????

From memory, an especially nasty incident occurred (of terrorism) on top of many other vicious incidents done 'in the name of Islam' and you were caught in the emotional and angry backlash perhaps due to a few slightly ranty posts that you made telling us all to get a grip and learn to share!

:blink:

I know you well and love you but even I took offence for a few days (lol) ... in the end though you and I seem to sit in a similar place where much of this is concerned ... somewhere in the middle.

:heartflower:

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
See..you were not at all involved in my rant...and neither all of you..but just few and I was clear about it.
but again here...at that time I was trying to make a difference between muslims, radical islamists end terrorists...however it became obvious that shades of grey were not welcome. And I would tell the same to the same people..Get a grip and learn to share. (sorry :oops:)

Another topic you must either be against all muslims who are all potential terrorists.....or you are soon or later named called an islamist..and then as you rant (pearl clutch and whine..or anything decent)..you then become the something similar tot the ''ennemy'' :eek: ( I am a latin..it's cultural to rant and to whine ):D

I must admit though I don't read anymore (for a long time) so I have no clue if the discussion are the same than at that time or better in sharing viewpoints!

Anyway..you know no matter this I love you and forgive you till you come back to your good sens
(I am kidding ...you know me...) :D

End of my comment on the subject ;)

Last edited:

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
The idea is to Keep the pro-Trump and anti-Trump war out of ESMB as much as posible.
I get it. I'm so sick of it I've abandoned much of cable television by blocking a bunch
of networks on my system. I'm in the process of dropping many websites too and just
visiting those related to my hobbies and current interests.

Here's the real problem, IMO.

When people get to the last chapter of a book they're reading, especially a mystery or thriller
with some unknowns, they usually put it aside for good. They get to the last chapter and the
story is essentially over.

I think this is what happened to the Hubbard saga. It's been dissected in so many ways and
for so long that there's really nothing else to say or wonder about. We pretty much know the
whole story and how it ended. Same with the Marty saga for the most part.

I had some back channel chat with one of the elder statesmen on this message board and he
told me he had said all he had to say and didn't know what else to post about. I told him, well,
you wrote your entire book, including the last chapter, and the book for the most part has been
written.

So people move on. It's nothing personal, they just do.

For many, the latest fascination is the pro-Trump and anti-Trump war and nothing will change it
for them for the next 6 1/2 years. I have friends in life that I've dropped because I saw
they were going to wage this war for the full eight years and nothing I could say or do would
stop them. They will suffer and go nuts. I didn't want to have that in my life as I totally enjoy
my life. So sorry, but "sayonara." (I'm a closet asshole, LOL.)

I think the Hubbard saga is over for most all of us.

The entire intellectual property known as Scientology may last for decades more or even hundreds
of years and outlive us all. Rosicrucianism and its codified texts are still kicking around after over
400 years. Here's my 2017 post on the topic.
That's all, I guess. Last chapter. :shrug:

###

Veda

Sponsor
I get it. I'm so sick of it I've abandoned much of cable television by blocking a bunch
of networks on my system. I'm in the process of dropping many websites too and just

When people get to the last chapter of a book they're reading, especially a mystery or thriller
with some unknowns, they usually put it aside for good. They get to the last chapter and the

I think this is what happened to the Hubbard saga. It's been dissected in so many ways and
for so long that there's really nothing else to say or wonder about. We pretty much know the

I had some back channel chat with one of the elder statesmen on this message board and he
told me he had said all he had to say and didn't know what else to post about. I told him, well,
you wrote your entire book, including the last chapter, and the book for the most part has been
written.

-snip-

The entire intellectual property known as Scientology may last for decades more or even hundreds
of years and outlive us all.

-snip-

###
The question then is, why does ESMB exist? Does it exist primarily for its current older and wiser veteran participants or for the thousands who have been affected - or will, in the future, be affected - by Scientology, who are still thoroughly confused and possibly suffering?

There is a lot of useful information on ESMB not available anywhere else. There is no other site quite like it.

It helps people.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
The question then is, why does ESMB exist? Does it exist primarily for its current older and wiser veteran participants or for the thousands who have been affected - or will, in the future, be affected - by Scientology, who are still thoroughly confused and possibly suffering?

There is a lot of useful information on ESMB not available anywhere else. There is no other site quite like it.

It helps people.
And for it to continue to be useful, there will need to be active "old-timer" members responding to the "newly out" threads, giving advice and pointing people to data.

JackStraw

Silver Meritorious Patron
And for it to continue to be useful, there will need to be active "old-timer" members responding to the "newly out" threads, giving advice and pointing people to data.
And we old timers need a drawing room to retire to to talk among ourselves, from time to time.
Not advocating exclusion, but maybe a couple more cautionary gates to pass through, so the newbies have a more complete idea just what to expect when they enter...

Personally, I like new voices in the Members Only section and I don't want them scared away, but they should be advised to have their "big boy/girl" pants on. :welcome::boxing:

Jack

tr8theta

I Love Kitties
I get tired of talking about Scientology and enjoy discussing other subjects
You might like my new thread "Just whatever you wanna" where you CAN freely talk about anything other than SCN...but (sorry) I did ask that there be no discussion about politics or religion only because the purpose of my creating this thread was for folks to have a place to have fun, be at ease, unwind - no heavy crap - no doom and gloom. Hope to see your posts there. TR

tr8theta

I Love Kitties

written.

For many, the latest fascination is the pro-Trump and anti-Trump war and nothing will change it
for them for the next 6 1/2 years. I have friends in life that I've dropped because I saw
they were going to wage this war for the full eight years and nothing I could say or do would
stop them. They will suffer and go nuts. I didn't want to have that in my life as I totally enjoy
my life. So sorry, but "sayonara." (I'm a closet asshole, LOL.)

of years and outlive us all. Rosicrucianism and its codified texts are still kicking around after over

###
Hi...my name is Tom, ex-scn and SO. I'd like to invite you to participate in my rather new thread "Just whatever you wanna" where you can pretty much talk about anything you want but absolutely NO: LRH, SCN, Sea Org, Politics, Religion and definitely no doom and gloom! Check it out and you'll see what I mean. It's like 'enough already of the same old stuff.
There are so many other things to share with one another as we continue our lifes after (the reason we're here) and have some fun together. Hope to see you there!