What's new

GPM

TomKat

Patron Meritorious
Hubbard had that same olfactory condition and the Sea Org had to ban perfumes and anything scented in order that he not fly off into rage over all the funny smells in the air.
But I've never heard anyone claim there are "non-physical fragrances" as I've come to think of my very physical nose as being the instrument that gives me the sense of odors and can't fathom how non physical odors occur?
My perception was not related to Hubbard's condition.

I heard there's a CIA poison that causes the hypersensitivity condition Hubbard had. You'll have fun with that, but that's just something I heard so you'll have to do your own research.

TomKat

Patron Meritorious
I must have missed the conversion over to these things from the things from Scio that don't exist. Maybe the line in the sand comes clear in time?
I had always thought of chakras as energy specific bridges between the spiritual and the physical as located in body areas, therefore they can't be thought of as not having their physical components. So if one chakra contains the sense of smell that would be due to its physical connectivity but it's just a bridge between spiritual and physical.
Each chakra being a modulator and converter of energies so that we may control and experience our bodies, so it would make perfect sense that smell would be one of the experiences it would connect us to.
Good ideas. I think it's a lot more complex than Hubbard's body, mind & spirit cosmology. There are different subtle bodies, but the only important one regarding clearing is the etheric, in my opinion.

phenomanon

Canyon
I remember Penny! :giggle: Yeh, I could smell the patchouli oil on her from 20 feet. Before the no-scent nonsense came down from the CMO.

Do you remember how after the no-scent rule, everyone was suddenly running SMELLS on their drug rundowns?

It's like seeing an aura. Every now and then you see one but you know enough not to mention it to anyone. When someone was actively on a level anywhere from Power to OT3 the fragrance would follow their attention. Once when I was studying the levels @ ASHO and Larry Wollersheim (who I think was on Power) walked in and when he looked across the room I was hit by it -- within a year he would be on the roof of 1551 N La Brea threatening to throw himself off. It was almost an everyday thing, and wasn't just from scientologists. I was selling pretzels in the Whittier mall, and a small number of people emitted that non-physical fragrance when talking to me. Started noticing things like that after doing a whole lot of CCHs.

JustSheila

Crusader
I'm sorry about any empty posts. i'm having trouble getting out of the quote box thing
Yeh, I know what you mean. I had the same problem,too. Then I found I have to hit RETURN after I insert the quote, type anything at all, and I am out of it and can even go back later and shorten the quote to the part I want. Try it. :heartflower:

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
Good ideas. I think it's a lot more complex than Hubbard's body, mind & spirit cosmology. There are different subtle bodies, but the only important one regarding clearing is the etheric, in my opinion.
Etheric would seem to be the one, but you go so far as to say clearing. I thought the lack of actual, rather than hypothetical, clears would pretty much put that off the table. Clearer maybe.

pineapple

Silver Meritorious Patron
I'm sorry about any empty posts. i'm having trouble getting out of the quote box thing
Yeh, I know what you mean. I had the same problem,too. Then I found I have to hit RETURN after I insert the quote, type anything at all, and I am out of it and can even go back later and shorten the quote to the part I want. Try it. :heartflower:
Here's a helpful post from ITYIWT about getting out of the quote box. I found this so useful I bookmarked it.

http://www.forum.exscn.net/threads/...scientology-part-4.43837/page-47#post-1169140

RogerB

Crusader
Actually, what I do that is very simple to avoid getting stuck in the "Quote Box" is to, before I insert the quote, I hit three or four "Enters" to give myself space above my cursor . . . then I have the option of either typing my reply right there where my cursor is and then, repositioning my Cursor to the top of the reply to insert the "quote" . . . or otherwise to reposition my cursor to the top before I do the insert of the quote such that I have clean space below to type my reply . . . the trick is to keep your cursor out of and away from your inserting the quote.

TomKat

Patron Meritorious
Etheric would seem to be the one, but you go so far as to say clearing. I thought the lack of actual, rather than hypothetical, clears would pretty much put that off the table. Clearer maybe.
Clearing is one of those terms that has made it into the mainstream. The only people who believe in Clear are the people who false attested to it :)

pineapple

Silver Meritorious Patron
Actually, what I do that is very simple to avoid getting stuck in the "Quote Box" is to, before I insert the quote, I hit three or four "Enters" to give myself space above my cursor . . . then I have the option of either typing my reply right there where my cursor is and then, repositioning my Cursor to the top of the reply to insert the "quote" . . . or otherwise to reposition my cursor to the top before I do the insert of the quote such that I have clean space below to type my reply . . . the trick is to keep your cursor out of and away from your inserting the quote.
I would guess that you're using the "Quote" option, not "Reply"? Reply is what I usually use, which automatically inserts the quote at the top. (I've only been using Quote when I want to quote more than one post.)

Strat told me the secret - on the top right of the screen where you are entering your post is a rounded corners box with a slash through it, to the left of the 4 arrows. If you click that, it takes you to the html script editor, and you can escape the quote box thing, or delete it, or edit it.

All Hail Stratti!!

Mimsey

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
I would guess that you're using the "Quote" option, not "Reply"? Reply is what I usually use, which automatically inserts the quote at the top. (I've only been using Quote when I want to quote more than one post.)
Yep. I've never had any problem because I only use "Reply".

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
Strat told me the secret - on the top right of the screen where you are entering your post is a rounded corners box with a slash through it, to the left of the 4 arrows. If you click that, it takes you to the html script editor, and you can escape the quote box thing, or delete it, or edit it.

All Hail Stratti!!

Mimsey

Keep it up Mims, soon I'll be the most hated poster on the board. :)

RogerB

Crusader
Well, Pineapple, being the researcher I am, I tried your "reply" trick and it works far better than my clumsy, multi-step "quote" trick . . . when I see what results of this, I'll know it it shows I am citing/quoting you . . .

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
You don't make enough woo woo or anti trump posts to achieve my notoriety. It takes true dedication and a thick skin. Mimsey
Well Mims, you're persistent and you stick to your guns I'll give you that, I don't think anyone here hates you though. My beef with Trump isn't about what he's doing, I agree with some of what he says and does, I just can't stand the man himself. Anyway, sayin' 'All hail Stratti' isn't doing me any favours (I know it's just a joke).

Well Mims, you're persistent and you stick to your guns I'll give you that, I don't think anyone here hates you though. My beef with Trump isn't about what he's doing, I agree with some of what he says and does, I just can't stand the man himself. Anyway, sayin' 'All hail Stratti' isn't doing me any favours (I know it's just a joke).
I was not using it in the sieg heil sense. Yes, it was an attempt at humor, and to validate your computer wizz-bangedness. Apologies if anybody takes it in the wrong way. Mimsey