What's new

Early Mission Holder History~Peter Greene Transcript

What happens when doing a "promo run"? Is it like passing out flyers or postcards and other promotional material and talking with people, having the goal of getting them to come into the Org as new customers? :confused2:

Easter Bump for our Newbies and Lurkers! :happydance:

Odd_Vintage_Easter_Card_4.jpg

CHRISTOPHER FAIRNINGTON

Patron with Honors
hmm, I am a son of Peter Greene, born in 1951. You can read more about him and me in the thread 'Peter Greene's children'. I am confused about Lauri Wood. In his debriefing Peter says she was Doran's daughter, but was she his too, and therefore my sister? Also, did he and Doran have any other children?

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
hmm, I am a son of Peter Greene, born in 1951. You can read more about him and me in the thread 'Peter Greene's children'. I am confused about Lauri Wood. In his debriefing Peter says she was Doran's daughter, but was she his too, and therefore my sister? Also, did he and Doran have any other children?
If you hit the 'reply' button and then write your post beneath it ... the next time the person you are addressing logs in they will automatically be directed to your post via an alert (but they may not see it otherwise).

You can also do this .... @CHRISTOPHER FAIRNINGTON ... and the person will be altered.

Having said that, this is an old thread (see the date at the bottom of each post) and most of the posters may have moved on and will possibly never see the alert.

RogerB

Crusader
Peter and Doran Greene I knew in London in the mid-1960's till 1979 . . . I was not aware they had any children. Christopher, do we have the same Peter Greene?

CHRISTOPHER FAIRNINGTON

Patron with Honors
That is an amazing question Roger. Peter Greene is a common enough name, but I don't think Doran is. My father wrote to a mutual friend of his and my Mother's in 1960, seeking reconnection, which my Mother furiously refused, but I was told he was based in Durban, South Africa in those days. I read somewhere he was accused of a lot of sexual harassment, and that Ron Hubbard temporarily sacked him (he headed up the entire 'work' in South Africa then) and reinstated him, saying 'when I chop heads off, I sew them back on again'. After that the trail disappeared for me until his debriefing which is at the start of this thread, (around 1980),he was made to leave the 'church', but continued to believe until his and Doran's death in 1989. Someone named Martin McArthur, who said he was/is a grandson of both of them, put up a web page, long since disappeared, asking for any information around their deaths, which he held to have been most likely murder, by the 'church'. I e mailed him, just to introduce myself, as he either is/was my nephew or was claiming to be; no reply. I wonder, is my enquiry stirring any dangerous, er, he was pretty high up, he was ousted by power struggles, it was a long time ago; I would have thought my questions had no potential harm attached to them, but, knowing Scientology's reputation, maybe I have been a bit naive? I don't know. All I can do is state what little I have learned, whether from people who knew him, or web searches.

phenomanon

Canyon
Peter liked to flirt with the ladies, too. Stacy Young gave him a fat lip. :biggrin:

"There was rampant sexual harassment of the women by the mission holder, Peter Greene. He locked me in his office and grabbed me, and I punched him on the lip and got out of there, furious."

http://alley.ethercat.com/cgi-bin/door/door.cgi?11

Peter was later declared. Guess the cult missed this on their Narco page: http://www.narconon.org/history/1967/el-saguaro-newspaper-features-narconon.html
All the Mission Holders were womanizers. :)

RogerB

Crusader
That is an amazing question Roger. Peter Greene is a common enough name, but I don't think Doran is. My father wrote to a mutual friend of his and my Mother's in 1960, seeking reconnection, which my Mother furiously refused, but I was told he was based in Durban, South Africa in those days. I read somewhere he was accused of a lot of sexual harassment, and that Ron Hubbard temporarily sacked him (he headed up the entire 'work' in South Africa then) and reinstated him, saying 'when I chop heads off, I sew them back on again'. After that the trail disappeared for me until his debriefing which is at the start of this thread, (around 1980),he was made to leave the 'church', but continued to believe until his and Doran's death in 1989. Someone named Martin McArthur, who said he was/is a grandson of both of them, put up a web page, long since disappeared, asking for any information around their deaths, which he held to have been most likely murder, by the 'church'. I e mailed him, just to introduce myself, as he either is/was my nephew or was claiming to be; no reply. I wonder, is my enquiry stirring any dangerous, er, he was pretty high up, he was ousted by power struggles, it was a long time ago; I would have thought my questions had no potential harm attached to them, but, knowing Scientology's reputation, maybe I have been a bit naive? I don't know. All I can do is state what little I have learned, whether from people who knew him, or web searches.
Yes, good info Christopher . . .

Having wined and dined with Pete and Doran, I can say they were both great people and powers. They could get things done. But typically in the history of the cult, anyone who stood out as a power and who demonstrated integrity enough to "threaten" the shit coming down from the top, including from Hubbard himself, got axed . . . old-timers often would write to Hubbard "about things."

Last I saw of them was dinner in EG around 1977-8 or so.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
All the Mission Holders were womanizers. :)
As was Hubbard in his earlier days.

I would guess that somebody with the ego to think he could successfully run a mission, would have the ego to think that women would think him irresistible.

Or at least have internalized the salesman's viewpoint that you need to approach many prospects in order to be sure of getting some closes.

CHRISTOPHER FAIRNINGTON

Patron with Honors
Likely enough Enthetan; my mum acknowledged he had the looks, at least. Thetan was a title of high attainment in their programma wasn't it? Is your nic linked to that in any way?

CHRISTOPHER FAIRNINGTON

Patron with Honors
Yes of course I've heard of it, not the sort of place name you'd associate with anything interesting; but are Roger and Strad one and the same, or old friends, from the UK or what? Not that my nosiness is less culpable than anybody else's; but give me a mystery, i'll pursue it.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Likely enough Enthetan; my mum acknowledged he had the looks, at least. Thetan was a title of high attainment in their programma wasn't it? Is your nic linked to that in any way?
In Scientology, "entheta" (short for "enturbulated theta") is a term used to describe viewpoints hostile to Scientology, or data which negatively reflects on Scientology. When presented with an article having negative information about Scientology, the Scientologist will say "that's entheta", as a way to dismiss the information without having to consider whether or not it might be true. Something like how in current society labeling something "racist", "sexist", etc can be used to discount something without having to examine it.

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
Yes of course I've heard of it, not the sort of place name you'd associate with anything interesting; but are Roger and Strad one and the same, or old friends, from the UK or what? Not that my nosiness is less culpable than anybody else's; but give me a mystery, i'll pursue it.
Are RogerB and strativarius one and the same person? No, that wouldn't be allowed on this MB anyway. I replied to you on his behalf as he doesn't seem to be around at the moment.

Yes, we were around London Org at more or less the same time and have some mutual friends who were there too.

C'mon Christopher, you've still not got your replies together yet. Click the 'Reply' link above the pile of poo remember?

CHRISTOPHER FAIRNINGTON

Patron with Honors
Well Scientological technospeak may have its uses yet. From the beginning of 'pc' I saw, not the moral high ground, but a bunch of bullies. As a long time born again Christian (another long, strange and fascinating story) I have met loads of that mentality. In my context I learned very quickly how to outmanoeuvre and outclass them. 'Just had to be better at reciting the 'multiplication tables' (i.e. ticking all the required doctrinal boxes) first, then wreck them with a tiny bit of real thinking. Works every time. Thanks for the heads up Enthetan, still, what did thetan mean?

CHRISTOPHER FAIRNINGTON

Patron with Honors
I shouldn't be surprised at Descartian talk, but all I ever read about his ideas was he took a lot from Aleister Crowley. About whom maybe more anon; but we might get into a legal tangle, hmm ok, Kenneth Anger and I had an encounter in 69 just after my 18th birthday. It took me years to recover. Giant insects, lots of darkness, personality change, eventually my first nervous breakdown, finally began to get cured when I embraced Jesus.He regarded himself as a disciple of Crowley. I told you my tale is seriously weird.