What's new

Psychic attacks, unknown causes of pain, anyone got any handles.

pineapple

Silver Meritorious Patron
Someone at a Michael Harner workshop in the 80s said that if you look behind the official Ron photo hanging on every wall, you can see the monster (psychically). I never saw it.

Anybody can do black magic. And, a lot of people got into Scn after having practiced other things, such as witchcraft.
You're mocking it up.

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
When I had the above described incident after the movie, even though it was shared by both of us experiencing the exact unmistakable same thing, I still attributed the overall experience to my becoming too involved in psychic phenomenon studies that I was unprepared to deal with.
So I ceased all Rosicrucian studies and quit even thinking about Scientology' OT3 crap as it seemed like I'd disturbed the lid on some portal that was better left alone.
I needed to reground myself in what the agreed upon here and now is and leave the psychic mumbo jumbo alone or I was concerned I'd just keep pulling in more of the same or similar phenomenon.
It worked as I've never had shit like that happen again, and it has been 4 decades w/o any of the weird psychic shit I was finding back then.
I haven't mentioned all of it, just the main events.
No sense in describing the other events when I've covered the essence of it all.
And it all went away and gratefully so!:D

Last edited:

pineapple

Silver Meritorious Patron
Obvious you were never an auditor. But what am I mocking up?
Wrong.

What you are mocking up is this nonsense about CoS using black magic to persecute people who leave. This sort of shit only affects you if you believe in it. What causes the effect isn't the black magic -- if that even exists -- it's your agreement that it exists. You put yourself at effect by going into agreement with it. If you stop believing in this shit it can't affect you. Stop mocking it up and you'll be fine.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Egregore:
http://religion.wikia.com/wiki/Egregore

I heard there's a Scientology egregore that attacks everyone who leaves the CofS. Can create symptoms of deep depression. That's why so many people go back. I also heard that the CofS has experimented with black magic against its enemies. Like most black magic, it's about sending evil entities to torment people. I experienced some of that myself due to a connection to a big name squirrel. I had amazing nightmares every night, but it kind of backfired since I easily become lucid in my dreams and got to enjoying them, like a horror movie. That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
One of the main reasons people join cults is due to the encouragement/agreement and validation used on potential victims from people they (once) trusted ... people they perhaps looked up to and believed were sane and well balanced. I know that's why I ended up in the cofs but I'm also aware of my own responsibility in it.

In the end most of us realised that the constant 'encouragement and agreement' had been a planned and hubbard designed sales tactic thrown together to suck us down the rabbit hole of madness and keep us there ... it caused a lot of harm to a lot of people and it has no place on ESMB, it doesn't help anyone to confirm that things like this are possibly real.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Egregore:
http://religion.wikia.com/wiki/Egregore

I heard there's a Scientology egregore that attacks everyone who leaves the CofS. Can create symptoms of deep depression. That's why so many people go back.
Egregore is a provocative theory in the sense that there are INFLUENCES on the thoughts/behavior of humans that are not yet understood. For example, certain shared impulses (mob behavior) or inhibitions, making persons within groups docile and reluctant to make waves (by disagreeing) or installing guilt into a person's thinking to control their actions. One could attribute such behavior patterns to a "egregore" or many other things (demons, the devil, the forest God, the souls of our ancestors guiding us from above, aliens controlling us from afar and/or other being the undue effect of other dimensions--or even other times (the past or the future). Or the engram--the 4th dynamic engram, for example, that happened 75 million years ago.

All those theories are an explanation as to why people do or don't do things or do or don't think a certain way.

Eregore is, in that sense, no more or less compelling than the others. But it is true in the generic sense that SOMETHING is causing people to behave a certain way, and ANY explanation of the triggering source of such behavior is a "SOMETHING", so it suffices to satisfy an answer hunger in preference to having no answer.

I have no idea what of the egregore concept might be true or is fully unhinged. Some part of it could be true, or lead to more truth--even if the other 99% turns out to be mythology or superstition.

But, I find ANY theories for "group mind" to be interesting to explore with the ambition to learn more about human behavior. But that doesn't make it science or true.

Something in your post, however, I would have to say is not consistent with my own rather extensive and knowledgeable experience regarding Scientology. Your contention that "...that's why so many people go back." The truth is the opposite, because the vast majority of Scientologists NEVER go back. My own guesstimate is the upwards of 98% of the people who leave Scientology never "come back" like the Sea Org's motto.

Making your theory worse is that appx. 98% of the people who try Scientology leave.

If those metrics are viewed, then out of every 5,000 people that tried Scientology, 4,900 leave. Of the 4,900 escapees, only 0.98 return. Rounded off, it means only 1 out of 5000 go back into Scientology.

1 out of 5000 is rather compelling proof that the egregore theory, if anything, is compelling people to LEAVE the cult, not return to it.

However, if I was seeking an explanation for why people LEAVE Scientology in such overwhelming and alarming numbers, I can come up with a theory that is far simpler. That Scientology is a time-wasting, money-burning fraud that ruins people's lives. Ergo, they DON'T GO BACK----same reason people don't put their hand back in a fire after being badly burned.

Scientology is not hard to understand. It's simple, it's not rocket sci-fi science. LOL

Last edited:

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout
Egregore is a provocative theory in the sense that there are INFLUENCES on the thoughts/behavior of humans that are not yet understood. For example, certain shared impulses (mob behavior) or inhibitions, making persons within groups docile and reluctant to make waves (by disagreeing) or installing guilt into a person's thinking to control their actions. One could attribute such behavior patterns to a "egregore" or many other things (demons, the devil, the forest God, the souls of our ancestors guiding us from above, aliens controlling us from afar and/or other being the undue effect of other dimensions--or even other times (the past or the future). Or the engram--the 4th dynamic engram, for example, that happened 75 million years ago.

All those theories are an explanation as to why people do or don't do things or do or don't think a certain way.

Eregore is, in that sense, no more or less compelling than the others. But it is true in the generic sense that SOMETHING is causing people to behave a certain way, and ANY explanation of the triggering source of such behavior is a "SOMETHING", so it suffices to satisfy an answer hunger in preference to having no answer.

I have no idea what of the egregore concept might be true or is fully unhinged. Some part of it could be true, or lead to more truth--even if the other 99% turns out to be mythology or superstition.

But, I find ANY theories for "group mind" to be interesting to explore with the ambition to learn more about human behavior. But that doesn't make it science or true.

Something in your post, however, I would have to say is not consistent with my own rather extensive and knowledgeable experience regarding Scientology. Your contention that "...that's why so many people go back." The truth is the opposite, because the vast majority of Scientologists NEVER go back. My own guesstimate is the upwards of 98% of the people who leave Scientology never "come back" like the Sea Org's motto.

Making your theory worse is that appx. 98% of the people who try Scientology leave.

If those metrics are viewed, then out of every 5,000 people that tried Scientology, 4,900 leave. Of the 4,900 escapees, only 0.98 return. Rounded off, it means only 1 out of 5000 go back into Scientology.

1 out of 5000 is rather compelling proof that the egregore theory, if anything, is compelling people to LEAVE the cult, not return to it.

However, if I was seeking an explanation for why people LEAVE Scientology in such overwhelming and alarming numbers, I can come up with a theory that is far simpler. That Scientology is a time-wasting, money-burning fraud that ruins people's lives. Ergo, they DON'T GO BACK----same reason people don't put their hand back in a fire after being badly burned.

Scientology is not hard to understand. It's simple, it's not rocket sci-fi science. LOL

"they DON'T GO BACK----same reason people don't put their hand back in a fire after being badly burned."

That's what engrams are for. So that you avoid danger in the future. And scientology was one big ass engram!

phenomanon

Canyon
I don't believe in that..neither that anybody has psychic power to attack another being...it only does exist in one's mind as a belief that the other person is powerful and can harm you...
That's a true fact. Were it not true, I'd be laying on the floor.

HelluvaHoax!

"they DON'T GO BACK----same reason people don't put their hand back in a fire after being badly burned."

That's what engrams are for. So that you avoid danger in the future.

And scientology was one big ass engram!
LOL

One is not supposed to speak aloud around when someone who is experiencing an engram. Because it creates "engramic content".

Hubbard consistently and flagrantly violated the rule about speaking around unconscious people every single time he delivered one of those many hundreds of audiotaped lectures to Scientologists.

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
. . .
I was suffering from "electronic attacks" and determined they were coming
from reading the "President Trump (Part 2)" thread. I blocked a couple
members posting, stopped reading the thread, and the "electronic attacks"
stopped altogether.

It was just digital pixels after all, nothing more.

[pixels - millions of minute dots of illumination on my computer monitor​
that form images and text]
I wonder if my TV is doing the same? You know, Anderson Cooper, Don Lemon,
Rachel Maddow, et al.
:hmm:

HelluvaHoax!

I don't believe in that..neither that anybody has psychic power to attack another being(s).....
However, somebody does have the psychic power to make you believe you are being attacked by other beings----and convince you pay $500,000 to audit those beings out on OT levels. lol

HelluvaHoax!

. . .
I was suffering from "electronic attacks" and determined they were coming
from reading the "President Trump (Part 2)" thread. I blocked a couple
members posting, stopped reading the thread, and the "electronic attacks"
stopped altogether.

It was just digital pixels after all, nothing more.

[pixels - millions of minute dots of illumination on my computer monitor​
that form images and text]​
I wonder if my TV is doing the same? You know, Anderson Cooper, Don Lemon,
Rachel Maddow, et al.
:hmm:
LOL LOL

I am similarly under attack.

It's Trump.

Everything he says/does is an attack...against me and mankind, on this planet.

We are all but doomed denizens in his Nazi concentration camp.

Helena Handbasket

Gold Meritorious Patron
Psychic attacks are real.

While the C of S doesn't have the technology to stop a psychic attack, they do have the technology to start one. Ken Ogger, the Pilot, may he rest in peace, was psychically attacked for pushing his own flavor of scientology contrary to what the C of S offered. Some say he was specifically and deliberately driven to suicide as a way of getting rid of him. (Suicide by engram? No wonder the police wouldn't accept the idea that his death was caused.)

While the C of S can't repel a psychic attack, RONS Orgs does have a level, Excalibur, that can. There are specific instructions on what to do if one occurs.

And just what is a psychic attack anyway? It is a "casting in" of manipulative beings just like "casting out" is a way of removing them. It's not random annoyances like OT 3 is. It is an organized network for emotional tampering that has made this world a crazy and dangerous place. However, the Excalibur case is a "common case" around the world so that when someone audits Excalibur, they reduce charge not just for themselves but for everyone.

This is speculation that a devastating nuclear war would have taken place already if it were not for Excalibur.

Helena

phenomanon

Canyon
LOL

One is not supposed to speak aloud around when someone who is experiencing an engram. Because it creates "engramic content".

Hubbard consistently and flagrantly violated the rule about speaking around unconscious people every single time he delivered one of those many hundreds of audiotaped lectures to Scientologists.

The " Congresses" that were held during the mid-50s in Wa.D.C. were a good example of his audience going unconscious.

Helena Handbasket

Gold Meritorious Patron
LOL LOL

I am similarly under attack.

It's Trump.

Everything he says/does is an attack...against me and mankind, on this planet.

We are all but doomed denizens in his Nazi concentration camp.
When President Trump took office, I decided that he deserves the same benefit of the doubt that every other modern President has been given -- wait 100 days before saying if he's doing a good job or not.

I've since decided he's terrible. In fact, I'm still waiting for him to say just one thing that makes sense.

Perhaps we should have a cofefe to discuss this. :p

Helena

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
Egregore is a provocative theory in the sense that there are INFLUENCES on the thoughts/behavior of humans that are not yet understood.
Not to get really off in the weeds about this, but I think there's something to this
theory. I'll explain.

I live in a somewhat remote and not very populated area, so it's pretty quiet around here.

When I've visited Los Angeles, as I'm driving into the metropolitan area, I definitely
sense a certain "mental transmission" or contamination of sorts. A different "vibe"
or feeling in the air, a cloud, which I attribute to the collective thoughts of everybody
living there. It's just definitely different mental feel than where I live.

I could call it a "mental miasma," but I won't since some might be insulted by that. :coolwink:

This feeling is in the air during my entire visit. Doesn't go away.

(Give the devil his due, San Fran and Silicon Valley have their own unique mental vibes,
not just LA, so don't be offended LA denizens.) :whistling:

In contrast, the most vivid example I can think of that's the opposite is when I'm
lucky enough to visit the Big Sur region of America. The mental quiet and "spiritual
silence" is rather noticeable and amazing. You feel like you're in heaven for your time
there. Close to god, LOL. I don't know how else to explain it.

I can only attribute this to the lack of collective thoughts of the so few people around.
Just Mother Nature at her best. No "mental transmissions" or mental cloud of any sort.

Something to the theory. Can't explain it but definitely can sense it now and then.
Won't say it affects my behavior one way or another (other than I refuse to visit San
Francisco again . . . too many insane people on the streets), but there might be
something to Egregore.
:hmm: :coolwink:

Last edited:

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
However, somebody does have the psychic power to make you believe you are being attacked by other beings----and convince you pay $500,000 to audit those beings out on OT levels. lol
There may actually be demons, just dis-incarnate souls or ghouls even, but it would seem that you have to meet them half way and actually assign them power over you for them to have any.
Such as running them repetitively on bogus incidents of volcanoes from a time when they didn't even exist with overly complex theories of clusters, tax collectors giving them shots in the lungs etc.
Hubbs tricked us into empowering a dark underworld of demons that he not only believed in but went so far as participating in elaborate ceremonies to create a demon child and it all drove him mad.
Without giving credence to any of that, it doesn't exist nor has any power over you.