What's new

New Sea Org escapee says that Scientology still forcing abortions, decade after practice...

RSS Feed

RSS Feeder Bot
There is a new post up at the Underground Bunker

New Sea Org escapee says that Scientology still forcing abortions, decade after practice exposed

[Bree Mood]

Chris Shelton has a remarkable story about an escape from the Sea Org for us today, and disturbing new evidence that Scientology has not given up its policy of forcing women to have abortions, even nearly a decade after that policy was exposed by the Tampa Bay Times…

There I was, minding my own business [...]

Bree_Mood.jpg
[Bree Mood]

Chris[.......]

Continue reading...

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
I'm about 1:30 into it and they are talking about recruiting being the thing that they both started to have conflicts of conscience with. This was my breaking point also so I can totally relate. I got a lot of people into Scientology and on staff as long as I believed in what I was doing and that was one of the reasons they made me a recruiter but by that time I was totally conflicted over getting anyone into the Sea Org. I soldiered on for quite a bit but my heart was never in it again. To be a recruiter and to misrepresent what you are trying to get people to become a part of is soul crushing.

Sometimes I wonder if the things I post on the forum are still relevant but from this interview it is like a time loop. So much is exactly like it was decades ago. The attitudes and the culture. If anything it's more fanatical. I'm reassured that what I've been saying is completely relevant.

It makes my heart warm to see how Bree has brought herself up to speed on reflecting over her experience so quickly. Before the internet and all the networking and activism that's out there it could take years or decades to have such a comprehension of what happened.

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
I'm at about 2:00 now and they are heavy into the abortion issue. I'm not going to give any spoilers but the thing that becomes obvious here is how the culture has evolved around member's strategies to resist the brainwashing or trying to leave. One member comes up with a new strategy and it becomes part of the collective memory - "We will adapt".

Hubbard would say that the way to handle a shortage of anything is to increase your havingness. In other words a deficiency in anything derives from a state of mind. They should be increasing and retaining staff simply by increasing their postulates and willingness to have lots of staff. Well, in the Sea Org the attrition rate for crew is huge. Most leave within 3 years. The loss rate must be at least 20% per year. The longer you are in the more it can be assumed that you are so indoctrinated that you will tolerate more neglect and abuse. It's a "what's around comes around progression". To be promoted it must be proven that you can get a product which in the Sea Org means you are willing to do whatever it takes to make other people produce. When people don't have what they need to produce then by Sea Org standards you make up the difference with intimidation. To be a Sea Org exec you must be intimidating. It's a grim existence.

When staff leave all of their workload falls onto the remaining staff. Maybe losing one or two people isn't cause for distress but over time when you see this pattern of constant attrition throughout the Sea Org and the collective burden relentlessly falling on you and the other diehards then it gets to the point where that is all you see. You stop caring about individuals. Your prime motivation is to stop the hemorrhaging, to stop the relentless shift of burden onto you and the few other staff who have been there long enough to know how to actually do their jobs.

By the time you reach the point where you can't take it anymore you have probably participated in this dog-eat-dog attempt to keep people from leaving, and finally you are the one leaving and abandoning your comrades to tough it out amongst themselves. But back to my point, this video makes it clear how those who remain do observe the effective strategies for leaving and institutionally adopt mental gymnastics and behavior to prevent it. One of those most effective adaptations is to shut down communication so other members of the group don't learn about how others figured out how to leave to the point where husband and wife can't even say what they are thinking. That leaves their seniors free to divide and conquer, to fill in the gaps.

This interview makes it clear that over the decades this kind of adaptation has become increasingly refined to address the most subtle lines of thinking and behavior. LRH may not have put all of this in writing but his doctrine absolutely created the framework that made it a natural progression of Sea Org culture.

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
At one point she talks about when she was busted off post she went over and started helping in the events unit. This kind of thing should never ever happen in the Sea Org. Everyone is always directly under someone else. There is constant supervision and orders that consume every moment. To just take yourself over to another post or section is unthinkable under any circumstances.

I saw this happen before around the time the CMO was taking over the GO. I didn't understand how it was possible at the time but in retrospect I think it was indicative of a breakdown in authority throughout the organization because of the conflict and disarray at the highest levels of management. The reins had been let slack.

I might be wrong but I take this as an indicator that a similar breakdown is happening again.

Last edited:

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Oh, how interesting. At 2:22 she says the phones they are provided all run through a central server in Los Angeles so they can record and monitor everything, calls, texts, etc.

I had wondered about that. Apparently previously letting SO members having unmonitored phones triggered another adaptation.

Reactions: Gib

Gib

Crusader
Oh, how interesting. At 2:22 she says the phones they are provided all run through a central server in Los Angeles so they can record and monitor everything, calls, texts, etc.

I had wondered about that. Apparently previously letting SO members having unmonitored phones triggered another adaptation.
I wouldn't say it's an adaption but applying Hubbard policy of phone calls have no memory, hence record everything on phone calls. If you know what I mean. It's diabolical and hard to understand, as is everything Hubbard did.

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
I wouldn't say it's an adaption but applying Hubbard policy of phone calls have no memory, hence record everything on phone calls. If you know what I mean. It's diabolical and hard to understand, as is everything Hubbard did.
Yes, I'm familiar with the original LRH phone policies. But my take here is that they were compelled to adopt a centralized monitoring system because people were using the phones to implement their exit strategies. It was another hole in the fence that needed plugging.

BTW, anybody who was anybody had a phone in their office way before cell phones were a thing. Only lower level people didn't have phones but even they generally had internal intercom phones. Hubbard probably would like for there to be no phones, everything on paper and using his ideal HCO comm system from the same intergalactic society that never developed a Qualifications Division but that never quite jived with his "speed of particle flow alone determines power" principle.

This must have them so conflicted. They need to recruit young people who are accustomed to not just basic flip phones but sophisticated data phones and laptops and the internet and they are in a constant struggle to drag these people back into the stone ages while telling them they are the most advanced group on the planet.

Bree blew while on mission. Missions are another self defeating anomaly. Hubbard liked them because he could use them to implement his programs directly into any org bypassing all levels of management. But what missions really are are an admission that the org board doesn't work. The organization is constantly in such a state of disarray, confusion and being internally torn apart that the only way to get anything done is with missions. But the thing about missions is they also introduce staff to other possibilities. It gets them out of their rut, driving around, using phones, interacting with the outside world, granting higher levels of authority to people who are generally lower level. And then like Bree they take off. The missionaire turns their highly focused and dedicated missionaire training towards making it go right and getting the hell out of there. Blow target completion, send compliance report to Chris, get assigned Power Change and join the big SP party.

Tell the recovery team to go pound sand and call the police on them.

Start living!

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron
I thought it was a good interview. Crazy that they are forcing men to have vasectomies if they get their wives pregnant. So add forced sterilization to forced abortion.