What's new

Peter Frampton

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
Didn't Peter Frampton do some Scientology for awhile?

Not sure....if true or not. I had thought that he included a mention of LRH on the back of one of his early albums....

Anyway, he now has some sort of degenerative muscle decease.....

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/peter-...sis-in-cbs-this-morning-interview-2019-02-23/
I can remember Van Morrison saying something about scientology or Hubbard on the back of one of his albums (can't be arsed to look up which one) but not Frampton.

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron
I can remember Van Morrison saying something about scientology or Hubbard on the back of one of his albums (can't be arsed to look up which one) but not Frampton.
"Inarticulate Speech Of The Heart (I thought it was "No Guru, No Method, No Teacher," but I was mistaken).

Last edited:

Leland

Crusader
Maybe it was one of those Org Rumors.....can't remember. It did upset me....if it is true. Didn't like the thought.

Yes, I did read the mention of LRH on the back of a Van Morrison album....

If I've got the time, I'll go to the record store and look at some Peter Frampton albums...

Last edited:

Dotey OT

Cyclops Duck of the North - BEWARE
I was around an older timer than me, she said definitively Van the man was lightly involved. There is a song of his "If You Love Me" I remember there was wording like " affinity and communication, that makes reality".

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
I was around an older timer than me, she said definitively Van the man was lightly involved. There is a song of his "If You Love Me" I remember there was wording like " affinity and communication, that makes reality".
Affinity and communication
That makes reality
Understanding is the first thing
It means so much to me

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
That is very sad ... this is one on my fave songs.

and 'a few' years later ... he sounds even better.

I didn't know that!
This was my favorite song and performer when I was a teen and got my first love stories.. I still listen to his songs almost daily. It was just before I fall too deeply into Pink Floyd...A super nice a d talented being.

Anyway it's a sad news..
We all getting old...

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
"Inarticulate Speech Of The Heart (I thought it was "No Guru, No Method, No Teacher," but I was mistaken).
According to Skip Press...

[bcolor=#ffff99]. "Van Morrison did quite a bit of Scientology in San Francisco via my former roommate, rock pianist Nicky Hopkins, then after leaving he came out with the album No Guru, No Method, No Teacher. Apparently, it took Van a bit longer to realize, as Elvis Presley once stated, "that son-of-a-bitchin' group. All they want is my money." (And the celebrity bragging status he would give them.) [/bcolor]

The Massive List of Celebrities That Departed Scientology
http://www.themortonreport.com/cele...ist-of-celebrities-that-departed-scientology/

JackStraw

Silver Meritorious Patron
According to Skip Press...

[bcolor=#ffff99]. "Van Morrison did quite a bit of Scientology in San Francisco via my former roommate, rock pianist Nicky Hopkins, then after leaving he came out with the album No Guru, No Method, No Teacher. Apparently, it took Van a bit longer to realize, as Elvis Presley once stated, "that son-of-a-bitchin' group. All they want is my money." (And the celebrity bragging status he would give them.) [/bcolor]

The Massive List of Celebrities That Departed Scientology
http://www.themortonreport.com/cele...ist-of-celebrities-that-departed-scientology/
I worked for a while at Mtn Vw mission and later MV Org. Mark Silber (Monterey Mission, then Mtn Vw Msn, then Mtn Vw Org) used to audit Van. He even arranged a private concert, I think, for only snc-ists, at the New Varsity Theater on University Ave. in Palo Alto.

Jack