What's new

People of Colour ...

guanoloco

As-Wased
I'm the one without the spoons (energy level is low due to illness) and am asking for others experiences NOT for others to ask me about mine! WHY are people who didn't have similar experiences even commenting on this thread? Ya'all are making ZERO sense ... If your experiences runs counter then idk find another thread about your experiences or about something in scn you know about.

Here's the least painful one, I suppose I have one spoon I can give for that - picking on ethnic food related to my ethnic parents culture, multiple instances of. Sure it's a microaggression, but it's still hella racist, and an unexamined bias. More painful ones I refuse to write at this time as they would cause me more literal pain given my current health circumstances. Maybe once I'm feeling better I'll be willing to share, if people are willing to share their's first or at least not be an ass towards me just because my experience was different - which in itself is also a microaggression.
Sounds like bullbaiting to me.

Apparently your button isn't flat.

screamer2

Idiot Bastardson
I had a nice dog once, too. Dang little bitch got herself shot up by a neighbor. That was a hell of a thing. Didn't like spoons, either. Always had to feed her with a fork. She was half white, half black. That's what confused me at first. I tried talking to her in Spanish for a year or so but it didn't seem to work. If she was hispanic, she was doing a fairly convincing job of hiding or denying it.

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
That it is likely that there would be more U.S.blacks of certain descent from tall African tribes that would more likely be better than most whites for professional U.S. basketball.

When I was young I noticed the difference. When I got older and examined this on internet I now am convinced that this is true.

Why is it considered to be evil to notice differences between humans of different genetic background?

(e.g. There are some types of dogs that are better at learning sheep/cow herding and some types are just too small to do it.)
Most American blacks are black/white hybrids. Hybrids have the possibility of inheriting all the best traits of both parents which is what breeders seek to attain in a cross but they can inherit the worst of both inputs but most commonly a mix of the good and the bad. Often they have increased vigor but it's a highly complex science. My best dogs have been crosses. If you go to the Caribbean and other places where blacks rarely had other genetic input other than black they tend to be smallish and would not make great basketball players. In the deep south, slave owners would cross up the female slaves with the biggest dimwitted white guys to breed greater size into the population without making them too smart which might have caused them to learn to read and lead a revolt. This is what spawned the large black athletes you see on TV. Muhammad Ali was 1/4 Irish. Often you cannot see any trace of their white lineage but it's there nevertheless. On the other hand a lot of white people have black genes which surprises many when they have their DNA tested. It certainly surprised me to find I had about 3% Sub Saharan South African but not nearly as surprising as finding out that I also had a smidgen of Australian Aboriginal blood. I surmise my distant ancestors on that side were sailors for the British crown as I have similar traces of Scottish blood.

screamer2

Idiot Bastardson
Elvis may have left the bulding.

Last Activity:
Jul 12, 2018

ScienceNotScientology was last seen:
Jul 12, 2018

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
I had a nice dog once, too. Dang little bitch got herself shot up by a neighbor. That was a hell of a thing. Didn't like spoons, either. Always had to feed her with a fork. She was half white, half black. That's what confused me at first. I tried talking to her in Spanish for a year or so but it didn't seem to work. If she was hispanic, she was doing a fairly convincing job of hiding or denying it.
Have you unintentionally substituted the word 'dog' for 'girlfriend' in your post screamer? :biggrin:

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron
I see no spoonerism there. Context tels me thre is a different meaning.

I suppose I have one spoon I can give for that - picking on ethnic food related to my ethnic parents culture, multiple instances of. Sure it's a microaggression, but it's still hella racist, and an unexamined bias

Leland

Crusader
Actually, I liked the Spoon Story....and it's analogy.

This is what has happened to me also....so to speak.

A continual loss over and over again of what I would think of as mine...mentally and spiritually.

It is really fucked up and no joking mater.

Last edited:

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Here's an infographic that shows a sliding scale of white supremacy. The bottom levels are so subtle that you wouldn't even recognize (or you might even deny) the racism. But people of color notice.

pyramid of white supremacy
We're all of one color or another whether others notice it or not. And each color is tribal in nature and plays it's own game for supremacy, whether effectively or not.
Tribalism (favoring association with people with whom we have some degree of genetic similarity) seems to be part of how humans are wired. It is not unique to white people. Nor is slave-holding unique to Europeans, having been recorded as far back as the Pharaohs, and in Native American cultures.

What apparently IS unique to European Christian culture is the idea that we should rise above it. This idea did not come from Asian cultures or African cultures, it came from European Christianity.

And it was European Christian cultures who worked to finally eradicate the institution of slavery worldwide.

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
Tribalism (favoring association with people with whom we have some degree of genetic similarity) seems to be part of how humans are wired. It is not unique to white people. Nor is slave-holding unique to Europeans, having been recorded as far back as the Pharaohs, and in Native American cultures.

What apparently IS unique to European Christian culture is the idea that we should rise above it. This idea did not come from Asian cultures or African cultures, it came from European Christianity.

And it was European Christian cultures who worked to finally eradicate the institution of slavery worldwide.
As I have a propensity for reading non fiction over fiction, which is what I erroneously thought Scientology was at first, a book I loved reading was "Old Rail Fence Corners" which was compiled from 1st hand accounts from the remaining pioneers as collected from what was the Minnesota frontier in 1915 by the Minnesota Women's Historical Society. All the first hand, old timey accounts of life on the frontier were fascinating especially those that retold what it was like for the wives and mothers who had to hold down the farms when their husbands went off to fight in the Civil War, many of which would never return. The Sioux Indians saw the absence of men as their best opportunity to slaughter and run off the remaining families of the settlements knowing that the Cavalry already had it's hands full with the war and wouldn't be available to protect the families. It details the sacrifices met by the men who fought and died and the women who tried bravely to survive on the harsh frontier while their husbands fought to end slavery so that it would not be interwoven into the fabric of their fledgling country.
https://www.amazon.com/Old-Rail-Fence-Corners-Minnesota/dp/0873511093

Last edited: