What's new

not the first time...

Focusrite 2019

…nor the second. You would think I learned my lesson the first time back in 1978. I was introduced to cos via a lady at a park in Ft. Lauderdale where I was running one Sunday afternoon. I took the personality test. I thought this was the greatest thing on earth. At 20 years old I was a basket case anyways. I had left my home town in North Carolina to find something that was missing in my life. But, I was also an emotional tumbleweed. I would listen and agree with anyone I met. So it wasn't to difficult to find myself as a staff member at the mission there. I got routed off a year later. I later moved back to NC. About two years later, I still couldn't stand my life so I actually called FLAG and told whoever answered the phone that I wanted to quit my life and join the s.o. What a big mistake. I got pulled into the Estates Org which took care of the FT. Harrison building, including housekeeping. I was to share a single room with 6 or 8 other men. The rooms were dank and full of mold. I cleaned rooms for almost a year. Sometimes 39 hours straight. I went from 175 pounds to under 120. I was a walking skeleton. In short, I decided to walk out. Didn't talk to anyone in the org, just decided to go. Long story short. That was around 1980 or 81. I don't even remember.
So here it is 2019 and I am kicking myself for answering the phone last year when it happened to be someone at flag. We got to talking and I told them my experiences. Of course they put me on with a second person. Before I knew it I had paid for the basics. 25 some odd boxes of books. I was already badly in debt but they didn't care. And since then I have been paying dearly just to take these courses on line. Thousands of more dollars. So I have had enough. I am currently studying the ACCs.
My big question is, where are all these Scientologists over the last 40 years since I first got involved. If expansion is as they say, how come I haven't met one scientologists out and about.
Another thing I want to mention. A lady staff member from Saint Hill even called and tried to recruit me to take services over there. I actually took the bait and met her in DC at the "Ideal Org" there. Which raises the next question.
Where was everyone? It was a Sunday!!! The big 7 story building was all but empty. It felt more like a mausoleum. It actually creeped me out. Lies upon lies? Why wasn't this place booming if scientology has expanded over the decades.
This is a short version of my story. I just found this website a couple of days ago. I know now, at least for myself, that it's a scam. Scientology is a scam. Well, I am done. I'm just appalled at my self for three attempts to give them and it a chance. But, this has left me in a really dark place, emotionally. I am mad and angry. So I just wanted to put this out there without writing a book. Thank you. I am 62 years old and retired. I am not going to spend the rest of my life owing them. Which leads me to my final question...

Where are all these so called Clears and OT's in everyday life?

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Welcome Focusrite 2019!

:welcome2:

Scientologists can be very convincing and they're under extreme pressure to recruit new members, and say whatever they have to say to do so.

So don't keep beating yourself up over going back a second time though; you're not alone! Many have done the same. LRH was a master con artist.

Where are all these so called Clears and OT's in everyday life?

There ARE thousands who possess certs that certify they're Clear or OT. :cool:

But in actuality, there are ZERO Clears and OT's in everyday life, not a single one with the abilities promised by LRH. :no:

My big question is, where are all these Scientologists over the last 40 years since I first got involved. If expansion is as they say, how come I haven't met one scientologists out and about.

NOTHING is as they say.

Well, almost nothing.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day. :whistling:

But a number of former execs who were in a position to know have confirmed that the CoS numbers on expansion are delusional. They've only got 20 thousand or so active members on the planet, not the millions they claim.

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
When I was still in scienology, in the 1990s, I thought there were millions of scientologists. Then I was told by a senior IAS official who trusted me that the official membership figure was 68,000.

I clarified that this was the total number of public, staff and sea org on the whole planet and yes, it was.

The current estimate by scientology watchers averages at about 20,000.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Welcome. Feel free to search ESMB using the search box. Probably any question you can think of has been answered here many times, by many people each time. Information overload in a sense, but better than finding only a few morsels.

Good luck. There are lots of peeps here over 60. :)

Paul

Bobthelearneruk

Wow what a story. As for where's the OTS are as far as I can make out GPMS need to be addressed for that to happen and Hubbard stumbled on that and did the OT levels instead and it's only in the last few years that a few people have started to make that Technology workable

screamer2

Idiot Bastardson
Wow what a story. As for where's the OTS are as far as I can make out GPMS need to be addressed for that to happen and Hubbard stumbled on that and did the OT levels instead and it's only in the last few years that a few people have started to make that Technology workable

Whatever there is of what you call "that Technology" with reference to the scam of $cientology is not technology and is not "workable" There are no OTs, no clears, and no GPMs. Read more here on ESMB.

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
Thanks for your great post. I was feeling a bit under the weather and what I really needed was a good laugh and your post certainly provided that. Keep up the good work!

Bobthelearneruk

That's s very ignorant and uneducated remark sounds to me as your one of the individuals who were lied to by the COS you shouldn't let that affect your intellect

strativarius

That's s very ignorant and uneducated remark sounds to me as your one of the individuals who were lied to by the COS you shouldn't let that affect your intellect
Well, you are certainly right about one thing, I was lied to by the COS.

BTW, as acting grammar nazi I/C on this mb I'm duty bound to tell you that your grammar and spelling is atrocious - but perhaps scientology can help you with that ... or perhaps not.

ETA: Perhaps atrocious is a little severe. My grammar and spelling also leaves a lot to be desired, but personally I would have put a period after the word 'remark', written you're instead of your and put another period after 'COS'.

Last edited:

Bobthelearneruk

I welcome all help in my atrocious grammar thanks I'm hugely dyslexic and had to teach myself to read after leaving school with no exam results and thinking I was stupid. As for the COS I was blessed with an old guy who introduced me to the Kabbalah Buddhism NLP and Scientology so I'm not just an independent scientologist I'm an independent thinker on all knowledge

strativarius

I welcome all help in my atrocious grammar thanks I'm hugely dyslexic and had to teach myself to read after leaving school with no exam results and thinking I was stupid. As for the COS I was blessed with an old guy who introduced me to the Kabbalah Buddhism NLP and Scientology so I'm not just an independent scientologist I'm an independent thinker on all knowledge
Good luck with the grammar and spelling.

Knowing what I know now, if I were you I'd ditch the scientology and stick with the Buddhism. Scientology is a crock of shit whatever form it takes.

Veda

Sponsor
Thirty five years ago there were people, in the "Independent Field," auditing "actual GPMs." These included people who were present during Hubbard's (actual) GPM lectures and had audited (actual) GPMs under Hubbard. A lot of reactions occurred but no Operating Thetans.

Since then there have been periodic announcements, outside of organized Scientology, of breakthroughs in (actual) GPM running, which usually involve people handing over money to someone who will handle their (actual) GPM case.

Ultimately, they are disappointed, but the person who took their money keeps their money.

There's a dark aspect to Scientology that was placed there by Hubbard. It's not just a matter of it being incomplete.

The subject is complete enough for what it was intended to do by its founder, and that had nothing to do with making "Operating Thetans." (That was the "bait.")

I hope you're not giving your money to the latest GPM breakthrough peddler.

F.Bullbait

Oh, a wise guy,eh?
Good luck. There are lots of peeps here over 60. :)

Paul
06f2d0e04beb013796ca005056a9545d

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Agree!

Stratskyboy,

It seems to me you are bitter and "intellectually, disminished from your deceitful experience of no "wins" in $cientology.

No case gain happen here and there you know, even lies and falses promises had certainly occasionnaly occured! How about you ask for a refound? They certainly will consider your claim and none the less, you will be at cause instead of having resentments for you didn't gained intellectual betterment we mostly gained from Scientology technology.

Something can be done..be at cause.

ML
Lotus

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
That's because it's incomplete like Buddhism
Can you enlight me please on what Scientology has in common with buddhism?

As an independant thinker of all knowledge you seem to have acquired a great knowledge and, thus, can explain to me what I don't see :oops:

Thank you for your help!

ML
Lotus

Last edited:

strativarius

Agree!

Stratskyboy,

It seems to me you are bitter and "intellectually, disminished from your deceitful experience of no "wins" in $cientology.

No case gain happen here and there you know, even lies and falses promises had certainly occasionnaly occured! How about you ask for a refound? They certainly will consider your claim and none the less, you will be at cause instead of having resentments for you didn't gained intellectual betterment we mostly gained from Scientology technology.

Something can be done..be at cause.

ML
Lotus
Thank you for your advice Lotus. Yes, I am a bitter apostate (I never wore a frock). I won't ask for a refund since I never spent any of my own money on scientology thankfully.

Edit: Oh, by the way @lotus, I think you meant 'thus' not 'thud'. It was funny though.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Thank you for your advice Lotus. Yes, I am a bitter apostate (I never wore a frock). I won't ask for a refund since I never spent any of my own money on scientology thankfully.
Oh!
I must admit, despite your IQ, you have been quite clever...
:cool: