What's new

Can a Nation of Islam member eat once a day, 2 days or 3 days and do the Scientology SRD?

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Can a Nation of Islam member one eat once a day, 2 days or 3 days and do the SRD or other Auditing?

This question arises from two posts (one and two) about members of the Nation of Islam facing the choice of maintaining the fast for the month of Ramadan (i.e., fasting every day from dawn to sunset), or being well-fed as required for doing the SRD (Survival Runddown), but presents a different, more general, issue.

James Muhmmammad says that, aside from the issue of fasting during Ramadan:

"Nayyirah Tivica Muhammad I believe I can support the assertion that well rested well fed is “slang” terminology. The correct language is PROPERLY FED, SUFFICIENTLY RESTED (not tired). I know several believers who eat 1 meal/ 3 days and are on SRD. I am returning to my discipline and also on SRD. My personal findings is that hydration and essential minerals (electrolytes) has been important for metering"​

https://www.facebook.com/groups/DianeticallySpeaking/permalink/2074704805961859/

6nUFoex.png

The advice from Jame Muhammad is consistent with the instruction given by The Honorable Elijah Muhammad in "How To Eat To Live, Book Two":

Code:
http://www.finalcall.com/columns/eat_to_live.html

"ALLAH TAUGHT ME that one meal a day would keep us here for a long time; we would live over 100 years. And eating one meal every two days would lengthen our lives just that much longer. He told me you would never be sick, eating one meal every three days. The fact that fasting is the cure to 90 percent of our ills is known by the medicine scientists. But, they do not teach you that."​

The advice from Jame Muhammad is generally consistent with the further instruction given by The Honorable Elijah Muhammad in "How To Eat To Live, Book Two":

Code:
http://www.finalcall.com/artman/publish/Health_amp_Fitness_11/article_101495.shtml

"Eat one meal a day or one meal every other day, and it will prolong your life. Do not think that you will starve. On the contrary, you will be treating yourself to life, and a life fi lled with sickless days. You can hardly get sick eating this way. I know because I have this experience. If you eat the proper food—which I have given to you from Allah (in the Person of Master Fard Muhammad to Whom be praise forever) in this book—you will hardly ever have a headache.​
In eating once a day or once every other day, you must not eat between meals. And, you should try to eat at the same hour tomorrow as you eat today. Do not change your meal hours if you can help it. That causes your stomach to react to various hours of the day for a meal, and will set up gas on the stomach. Do not even drink juices, milk, or soft drinks between meals."​

The question is whether the regimen prescribed by The Honorable Elijah Muhammad for members of the Nation of Islam -- whether one meal a day, one meal every other day, or even one meal every third day -- is consistent with the requirement of being well fed for auditing on the SRD and other processes.

Can a member of the Nation of Islam follow the regimen prescribed by The Honorable Elijah Muhammad for members of the Nation of Islam -- whether one meal a day, one meal every other day, or even one meal every third day -- and properly receive auditing on the SRD or other processes?

I certainly have an opinion on the issue, but wanted to post to ask people here.

Last edited:

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Also, I have wondered how they justify the unnecessary 'fifth dynamic' barbaric cruelty they inflict on terrified lambs when ramadan breaks ... and for the rest of the year (halal slaughter).

CommunicatorIC

Also, I have wondered how they justify the unnecessary 'fifth dynamic' barbaric cruelty they inflict on terrified lambs when ramadan breaks ... and for the rest of the year (halal slaughter).

FWIW, and to be fair, I don't think the Nation of Islam engages in that practice. I could be wrong, but I've never heard of them doing so. I'd be really surprised if they did.

It is important to note that mainstream Muslims (i.e., Sunnis, Shiites, and even Sufis) do not consider the Nation of Islam to be Islamic nor its members to be truly Muslim.

Heck, the mainstream Muslims (Sunnis and Shiites) I know in the U.S. don't engage in the practice.

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

I pity the NOI dupes who have duel citizenship in two compulsively lying cults and their contradictory implants.

Cognition Dissonance[sup]2[/sup]

[sup].[/sup]

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I dug this up. This is Hubbard's scripture that they should be following where it doesn't conflict with their own scripture -- isn't that how they work it?

From PAB 38, The Auditor's Code 1954 (my emphasis in red):

6. DO NOT PROCESS A PRECLEAR WHO IS IMPROPERLY FED.
It is an unhappy thing that occasional hidden factors such as lack of sleep, lack of food, or an urgent present time problem may defeat the efforts of an excellent auditor. The best process will not benefit a preclear who, still interiorized, is being drained down as a thetan by a body which is badly in need of food. Every bit of energy which the thetan puts out is being absorbed by the body, which is improperly fed. A body suffering from malnutrition, or even lack of a proper breakfast, will thus inhibit auditing.

This edict should be included in their discussion, more than definitions of "well" and "properly."

I don't know how true it is at all. I don't even know if the being generates energy (see http://www.forum.exscn.net/threads/thetan-as-an-energy-source-or-not.1129/, which I'll add to momentarily). Any long-term Scio will be familiar with hassles over getting a metab read, which tended to be very different to whether or not one felt hungry.

Paul

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
They can get auditing, if timed correctly (as noted in the article).

During Ramadan Muslims are allowed to eat before sunrise and after sunset. So eat an early breakfast before sunrise, have your session, then eat after sunset and have another session.

If doing the "one meal per day" routine, eating a good dinner in the evening should keep your blood sugar up adequately until the following late morning.

CommunicatorIC

They can get auditing, if timed correctly (as noted in the article).

During Ramadan Muslims are allowed to eat before sunrise and after sunset. So eat an early breakfast before sunrise, have your session, then eat after sunset and have another session.

If doing the "one meal per day" routine, eating a good dinner in the evening should keep your blood sugar up adequately until the following late morning.

Some thoughts.

Certainly, a NOI member couldn't receive auditing if they ate every other day, or every third day. Yet, James Muhammad says,"I know several believers who eat 1 meal/ 3 days and are on SRD." How is that being permitted?

As for eating once day, when I received auditing or sec checks (don't ask), the auditor and/or Ethics Officer and/or Exec insisted that I eat lunch, or at least *something* at lunch. Perhaps they were demanding too much. Perhaps they were out-tech. But that was my experience, and the experience of everyone I knew. Nobody I knew thought they could audit (or sec check) someone throughout the entire day when that person had, or receive auditing when they had, eaten only breakfast and nothing else the entire day.

And doing it day after day -- i.e., eating only breakfast, no lunch, no dinner -- day after day after day would be more problematic. I can't imagine that being acceptable, even if one could get away with it once. Maybe I'm wrong from a pure tech standpoint, which is why I asked the question, but I've never heard of such a thing.

As for NOI members who don't eat only once a day, but want to abide by the fast during Ramadan and eat twice a day before sunrise and after sunset, there is this consideration:

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

The length of the dawn to sunset time varies in different parts of the world according to summer or winter solstices of the Sun. Most Muslims fast for 11–16 hours during Ramadan. However, in polar regions, the period between dawn and sunset may exceed 22 hours in summers. For example, in 2014, Muslims in Reykjavik, Iceland, and Trondheim, Norway, fasted almost 22 hours, while Muslims in Sydney, Australia, fasted for only about 11 hours.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

Leaving out the extreme of polar regions, even 16 hours a day is a long time to go without food and receive auditing. More so, again, when this occurs day after day during the entire month of Ramadan.