What's new

Scientology is looking for recruits in the Ukraine

Karakorum

supressively reasonable

Ah, teaching English. "Study in Ukraine, Learn English Fast". Gee, I wonder why english?

Could it be that they need foreign recruits to scrub floors at flag and AOLA?
Nah... they wouldn't do that to a country struggling with separatism and war, would they? :nooo:

svonhatten

Patron with Honors

Ah, teaching English. "Study in Ukraine, Learn English Fast". Gee, I wonder why english?

Could it be that they need foreign recruits to scrub floors at flag and AOLA?
Nah... they wouldn't do that to a country struggling with separatism and war, would they? :nooo:
This is the biggest one. Both owners (husband and wife) are OT. I have a friend that went to work for them and lasted only 3 days. They made her do some TRs (because apparently that’s what helps one teach English) and she “blew” and went to work for another school instead that I used to work for.

There is also a rival school that is also owned by a Scientologist, although I’m not sure how Scientologist the curriculum is there.
http://flashstudies.net/ua/

Karakorum

supressively reasonable
This is the biggest one. Both owners (husband and wife) are OT. I have a friend that went to work for them and lasted only 3 days. They made her do some TRs (because apparently that’s what helps one teach English) and she “blew” and went to work for another school instead that I used to work for.
Out of sheer curiosity - which trs were that? I could see how TR1 might be of some use, but not much else. Don't tell me they had her done tr0, that'd be hilarious.

Why did she flee? Was it the TRs or something more?
There is also a rival school that is also owned by a Scientologist, although I’m not sure how Scientologist the curriculum is there.
http://flashstudies.net/ua/
The site looks unprofessional, but I do note that they are not only in Kiev, but also Odessa, Dnipro, Vinnitsa and Ploskirov. That is kinda imp[ressive for a cult school in East Euro. Also interesting to see taht despite their facilities, they have nmothing east of the ceasfire line. Nor in Kharkiv for that matter.

I have no idea about the cirriculum, ut the fac that the first thing you see on the site is a statement of: "our teaching methods differ from those you see elsewhere", makes me thing it is probably SCN in nature.

svonhatten

Patron with Honors
Out of sheer curiosity - which trs were that? I could see how TR1 might be of some use, but not much else. Don't tell me they had her done tr0, that'd be hilarious.

Why did she flee? Was it the TRs or something more?

The site looks unprofessional, but I do note that they are not only in Kiev, but also Odessa, Dnipro, Vinnitsa and Ploskirov. That is kinda imp[ressive for a cult school in East Euro. Also interesting to see taht despite their facilities, they have nmothing east of the ceasfire line. Nor in Kharkiv for that matter.

I have no idea about the cirriculum, ut the fac that the first thing you see on the site is a statement of: "our teaching methods differ from those you see elsewhere", makes me thing it is probably SCN in nature.
As far as I know, they did do TR-0. She told me that she was seated across from another person and had to close her eyes. This was on the first day of a 3-day training. When she made her apologies and said she had to go somewhere, she never returned for the rest of the trainings.

I think what really made her flee, though, was when the director of the school was trying to convince her that Scientology was the best religion and that LRH was a true guru on all subjects. She is an atheist, so she understandably has some strong opinions against religion. My guess is, is that she wasn't getting many "wins" with the TRs because she kept calling them weird or strange, told some people about it, was "handled" by the director but "blew" instead by leaving.

Karakorum

supressively reasonable
As far as I know, they did do TR-0. She told me that she was seated across from another person and had to close her eyes. This was on the first day of a 3-day training. When she made her apologies and said she had to go somewhere, she never returned for the rest of the trainings.

I think what really made her flee, though, was when the director of the school was trying to convince her that Scientology was the best religion and that LRH was a true guru on all subjects. She is an atheist, so she understandably has some strong opinions against religion. My guess is, is that she wasn't getting many "wins" with the TRs because she kept calling them weird or strange, told some people about it, was "handled" by the director but "blew" instead by leaving.
Thanks for letting me know. Her reaction makes total sense.

The owner must then be a Hubbard loon of the kind: "If Hubbard said to start with TR0, then I'm gonna start putting people through TR0 no matter if it makes sense".

I mean TR0 could be seen as a sort of "beginner's introduction to meditation basics", but meditation is hardly what you should start in an english school. Way to go at alienating your workforce on day 1. Its the same dogmatic, self-defeating stupidity that made me leave :screwy:

Karakorum

supressively reasonable
Not much else found in the fll video, except a few things:

1. Woman running this is not a Ukrainian, she's an ethnic Russian from Kaluga.
2. She came to Kiev before the revolution.
3. Her parents were an "engineer and an english teacher". Now that is super interesting, since given her age her mom must have been an english teacher in the soviet union in the 1970s. This is highly unusual (or just made up bs). If it is true, then her parents must have been well connected. English teaching wasn't widely available at all, most who got to learn it were state employees (such as engineers that went to work in say Iraq) or army and intelligence people.

So if her mom was really teaching english in the 70s, she must have been a state employee in a very sensitive and important area.