What's new

Where Are All My Friends?

Cherub

Back from the Dead
Thanks.It really is a disappointment not to see more of the people I knew out here.

I'm leaking out bits and pieces of my forty years with the cult, here and there. Although I publicly resigned in 2012, I've maintained a fairly low profile online, and have no interest in being on the cult's radar at this time - thus my pseudonym.

As time goes on I'll probably feel more and more comfortable about linking my true identity to this account.
I don't think you have to "Leak" anything. Evil exists still. Better to have face to face comm, at least from SSL secure message servers. Try www.hushmail.com. Also get a IP address hider. I am looking for old New Yorkers and early AOLA mutants from late 60s and 70s. PM me. F%ck! I'm 75 years old. LOL!

The Cherub

Karakorum

supressively reasonable
Probably the same thing which triggered me, to post something, after not doing so for 12 years. I have not found any either, btw. Three of my old buds are dead, though. I think I could have saved one of them's life at the time, but I was too chickenshit, worrying if the guy was a plant or something. So now there is no record of my past in COS, but ya never know :) I do feel the urge to reconnect though. I think it will be a good thing.

The Cherub
Glad to meet you. I'm relatively new on the forums, joined mid May. It has been... interesting to join the forum.

On one hand, it is fun being able to crack jokes at scientology without either getting in trouble nor people not having the first idea what the joke is. Seeing how different some of the other people's experiences were (especially those from a different era or division) is enlightening. :thumbsup:

On the other hand, I also found myself having to look up LRH quotes or going though something like a MU routine to even be able to keep the debate going. :whoop:

Last point: While nobody has bothered me in real life since I joined the forums, I did suddenly see active scientology members visit my social media profiles. So when posting personal memories, be mindful that big brotehr might be reading.

Cherub

Back from the Dead
That's both hilarious and scary.
IT'S NOT SCARY that you have determined your social media is being reviewed. That's called Caution and the understanding shit is real. That's because you were careless in some form or other. Not to Worry! The past is past. Your digital names are on a "probability list." If they knew for sure, it could be a lot worse. Again, I recommend to everyone to get a VPN (Virtual Private Network) which without losing speed or bandwidth, replaces your IP address with a difererent one; then no one can tell if its "your" IP. Also important is having a non-traceable email address like from www.hushmail.com or the like.

Truth is, I do not know if the COS today really has their old Big Brother analysis of the 90s anymore. But it never hurts to get out of the way of an on-coming car :) Practice safety. And try to "muzzle" the normal human tendency to reveal who you were, lol.

The Cherub

screamer2

Idiot Bastardson
IT'S NOT SCARY that you have determined your social media is being reviewed. That's called Caution and the understanding shit is real. That's because you were careless in some form or other. Not to Worry! The past is past. Your digital names are on a "probability list." If they knew for sure, it could be a lot worse. Again, I recommend to everyone to get a VPN (Virtual Private Network) which without losing speed or bandwidth, replaces your IP address with a difererent one; then no one can tell if its "your" IP. Also important is having a non-traceable email address like from www.hushmail.com or the like.

Truth is, I do not know if the COS today really has their old Big Brother analysis of the 90s anymore. But it never hurts to get out of the way of an on-coming car :) Practice safety. And try to "muzzle" the normal human tendency to reveal who you were, lol.

The Cherub

Hmm...

:unsure:

Tell me more about this, "probability list"​

Cherub

Back from the Dead

Hmm...

:unsure:

Tell me more about this, "probability list"​
HAHAHAHAHA! There have existed for quite some time programs which can tell where an email or IP Address is geographically posted from, right down to very close based upon the location designated by different parts of your IP (Internet Protocol) address. That's how someone can tell a % of Hits come from a specific area or country. When one has their own Server online, or if one's domain comes with some tools called Hosting Management, which is like the cockpit of an Jet Plane -- the most popular and extensive is called cPanel. with an comparative analysis of other important factors, like Internet linked routers, one can find where something originated anywhere in the entire world. Then local analysis takes over. Based upon the intensity of your equipment, government clearances, etc. Bingo, some big Cracker gets arrested. How do ya think?

Safety is best practiced by the simple realization that there is an on-coming truck and just get the Fook out of the way. lol

In fact, at the top of this forum, the Admins state that OSA is waching. Watching hwho? watching How? By your IP address to start. Without that, most of the war is won by us. But there are still ways, like saying who the F--k you worked for when etc. etc. There are of course exceptions -- for those whom it is important to say to the COS, "F--k You! I am still alive, despite your attempts to shut me down." To those couragious few -- more coragious than myself, I spend time here again, in a forum of my literal past life, remembering barely of who I was and why.

IT IS BEING HERE NOW THAT IS MOST IMPORTANT. I have long since gone away from that person I used to be. And most of my old SCN friends are dead, anyway. That is really the true COS/Hubbard legacy -- work for me until you die, you F--ked up flunky! How many countless and countless times have I read a post saying, "They fucked me, but it wasn't enough so I wanted to come back and get some more, because Ron was "Good" and the Tech was "Good" -- keep on saying this , coming back, getting hacked up again, getting out again -- WTF!!! And now they are dead. Your point? You spent arduous hundreds of hours doing the A-E. Then you were ignored? Do you not think it was rigged to force you to confess? That shit is so old & was praqcticed by Hubbard in the 50s and into the early GO, SO and right into OSA and there it is today. HUBBARD IS THE f--KING SOURCE, but because so many of us lost the ability to do simple arithmetic, it is such a shock when Truth is Revealed. LOL!

That's the only significant message I can bring to everyone. Get the f--k out of the Past.

I only value being here and almost wasting my time listening to old SO member's disdain from their fellow staff member humans, because perhaps some current disdainful member of the SO or the COS will suddenly hear a tiny voice but not know from where, and go -- Hmmmmm?

The Cherub

Last edited:

Voodoo

Free Your Mind And Your Ass Will Follow
30+ years IN; 22 years OUT!
I was in for 40 years, and have only been out for six, but I can already tell that my interest in Scientology will be approximately zero in another sixteen years.

How do you stay interested?

Karakorum

supressively reasonable
IT'S NOT SCARY that you have determined your social media is being reviewed.
I think Paul's "cramming" comment was about some people's behavor on the forum, not about current SCN members. So my reply was that its hilarious&scary that some of that SCN mindset is still active amongst the ex-scn crowd. I was mostly being humorous here, I think Paul as well.

But it never hurts to get out of the way of an on-coming car :) Practice safety. And try to "muzzle" the normal human tendency to reveal who you were, lol.
As for actual scientologists, well I'm sure they have some poor soul being forced to read all that goes on in this forum and make a report. (Fun notion: Imagine a post whose stat is: "SP posts read").

I have decided that to make meaningful posts, I need to reveal some info about myself, but not enough to make it obvious who I am.
Still, I think SCN read some of my posts where I wrote about weird stuff that happened when I was inside, then started an inv to establish who could have witnessed that. I assume they reached my close ex-colleagues and were able to then find my linkedin.

Then again: "So what?". The "end phenomenon" of that inv would be that someone opened the database and change my personal file status from "passive" to "active".

I'm too far away for them to bother with trying to do something spectacular to me. Worst case scenario they will try to spam some of the people in my circle with fake info or something to that extent. Big deal.

Cherub

Back from the Dead
Hi Voodoo
Truth is, I am totally NOT :) I haven't thought of my extensive past in it for over ten years, However, recently due my age and still my profession of helping people spiritually and psychologically -- I began to wonder how some of my old friends were. As I previously said, several I knew are dead. One of them I got back in touch with -- still IN. but we transcended our differences by just allowing each other to be. We were both amazed. Now we are friends again. Could there be a few others like that? I tried to communicate with a few on FB and got the Hate Canon -- OMG these people still live by Hubbrd's 1950-ish plans to attack Psychiatry and cannot tell the difference between Freud and Jung. I forgive most of them, because they will have to spend the next half dozen lifetimes figuring the same shit out they are stuck in now. And never knowing that Hubbard's biggerst beef with the APA was they turned down his Excaliber book in the early 50s! LOL! The whole deal against 6h4 Psychs are just that. Past life whole track BS!

So I think your answer is that the Interest factor is relative as Time by itself is to Spacetime; sometimes there sometimes not. lol.

Perhaps in the end it is just me, as I cannot dismiss my 32 years without occasionally thinking about it. However, I am secure in the I AM who I am now :)
I spent hours last night reviewing most posts on this board, including my own from 11 years ago. Not a waste of time. Being able to effect even a single person's life is the reward for the many to come.

Thanks for asking!

The Cherub

Voodoo

I don't think you have to "Leak" anything. Evil exists still. Better to have face to face comm, at least from SSL secure message servers. Try www.hushmail.com. Also get a IP address hider. I am looking for old New Yorkers and early AOLA mutants from late 60s and 70s. PM me. F%ck! I'm 75 years old. LOL!

The Cherub
I'm not such a high profile critic that I need to have a secure hushmail account. I don't need to use a VPN for the same reason.

When I talk about "leaking" tidbits of my personal story, I mean here in public. In time, I will probably drop the anonymity and reveal my true identity. I say this because OSA and CofS Inc. are shrinking in size and power every day. Soon enough, they'll be toothless old dogs.

Cherub

Back from the Dead
I'm not such a high profile critic that I need to have a secure hushmail account. I don't need to use a VPN for the same reason.

When I talk about "leaking" tidbits of my personal story, I mean here in public. In time, I will probably drop the anonymity and reveal my true identity. I say this because OSA and CofS Inc. are shrinking in size and power every day. Soon enough, they'll be toothless old dogs.
That would be wonderful..... but $$$ still buys a lot of attorneys and police when I last checked. In fact it is hard for me to believe all the same shit is still going on, all these years later! But it is. Amazing! It's like Homeless statistics which do not seem to change or get worse -- because the ones saved are never equal the the new ones going down the chute.

The Cherub

Voodoo

That would be wonderful..... but $$$ still buys a lot of attorneys and police when I last checked. In fact it is hard for me to believe all the same shit is still going on, all these years later! But it is. Amazing! It's like Homeless statistics which do not seem to change or get worse -- because the ones saved are never equal the the new ones going down the chute.

The Cherub
You've gotta be a fairly high visibility critic for the cult to even take an interest in you. Even guys like Aaron Smith-Levin are rarely hassled by OSA goons or private investigators. Mostly, the organization specializes in hate websites and strongly worded letters, now. There's just been too much in the press about Scientology's harassment techniques, so they've had to cool it.

That said, let's not kid ourselves about the church's intelligence activities. They're no doubt continuing as usual, just more covertly.

Karakorum

supressively reasonable
You've gotta be a fairly high visibility critic for the cult to even take an interest in you.
Yep, the first real thing to do is launch a hate website. I don't have one yet, so I feel I'm gold ;)
That said, let's not kid ourselves about the church's intelligence activities. They're no doubt continuing as usual, just more covertly.
Rather more sloppy and dumb, if the quality of the websites is to be taken as an indicator. The first thing I found on the Aaron Smith-Levin attack website, is a link to error 404. :hysterical:

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
You've gotta be a fairly high visibility critic for the cult to even take an interest in you. Even guys like Aaron Smith-Levin are rarely hassled by OSA goons or private investigators. Mostly, the organization specializes in hate websites and strongly worded letters, now. There's just been too much in the press about Scientology's harassment techniques, so they've had to cool it.

I agree ... there's no way OSA goons could keep up with the volume of ex-scientologists nowadays even if they wanted to and due to boards like this one and shows like Leah and Mike's they must also have realised that they are now known around the world as a complete joke and are being extra careful.

Most of us would simply call the Police if they dared to try and mess with us because the spell is well and truly broken. Many of us choose to remain anon for our own reasons, it's a personal choice and it works for me.

Voodoo

Yep, the first real thing to do is launch a hate website. I don't have one yet, so I feel I'm gold ;)

Rather more sloppy and dumb, if the quality of the websites is to be taken as an indicator. The first thing I found on the Aaron Smith-Levin attack website, is a link to error 404. :hysterical:
I'd completely forgotten that I never got a hate website put up on me. And I came out with a public resignation posted on two of the most prominent critic sites. And that was six years ago.

Now, if I'd started an anti-CofS blog, or gone to the media, I'd have expected more attention.

Cherub

Back from the Dead
I completely vanished 22 years ago. Especially since at the time, I had a lot of family still IN. And my past COS involvements were.....delicate. If there was one thing I'd learned from Mike, who in those days was the Hunter of Death: "Ya can't be shot if someone can't find ya." It's nice he's so lovey-dovey these days & he and Marty have become the Saints of Softies. Fuck you both, you whom were responsible for destroying the lives of thousands of innocent people, and a number of my old friends.

I'd decided I would rather NOT see the tiger in the room wake up, so I simply left years before anyone actually knew I was gone. Then kept my stupid-arsed mouth from talking (unlike now, lol). Worked for me then. So you will probably not hear much from me again.

The Cherub

Last edited:

Karakorum

supressively reasonable
I completely vanished 22 years ago. Especially since at the time, I had a lot of family still IN. And my past COS involvements were.....delicate.
Well, I know how it is. For the past 10 years I not only did not search anything on scientology, I actively tried to avoid any information about it - newspapers, net whatnot. Still not sure what made me look back, other than maybe look for some friends and see if they got out or not.
If there was one thing I'd learned from Mike, who in those days was the Hunter of Death: "Ya can't be shot if someone can't find ya." It's nice he's so lovey-dovey these days & he and Marty have become the Saints of Softies. Fuck you both, you whom were responsible for destroying the lives of thousands of innocent people, and a number of my old friends.
Marty is being... weird. When I looked at his blog and saw that it abruptly cuts, I was thinking he might have died. From what I since learned, he had some change of heart (some even say the Church bought him). He started speaking aaginst well know ex-scn dissenters, Leah and Mike in particular. But the SCN hate website on Marty is still online, so he can't be a full member of CoS. Its weird.

Now Rinder, yeah I hadmuch of the same impulse as you once I saw he's leading the aftermath show. I was all :"Hell, we do not need THAT guy out in the spotlight being one of the poster boys for scn dissenters".
My opinion about him improved somewhat, once I saw Aaron openly saying taht Rinder left a better paying job to be on Leah's show. So at least he ain't in it for the money.

Still, I am not comfortable with him. And it ain't just the history of conflict between our respective branches. I would be uncomfortable with him even if I had been division 2 or something.

I'd decided I would rather NOT see the tiger in the room wake up, so I simply left years before anyone actually knew I was gone.
Lucky you. CoS already knew the same day I left - there was no way for people not to notice that I'm not at my desk.

Cherub

Back from the Dead
The only Being Mike and Marty can trust is God; everyone else pays at the door. Be careful, Karakorum :) You call getting a "lessor paying job" but instead international attention for now being a good guy an improvement? lol. He did it to hide in plain sight, is all. Smart.

Yes, I understand your lack of desk-presence was kind of waving a flag. I had the few good brain cells left that told me had I witnessed to others what I'd seen, despite all the good things I'd done for the COS over the years, the axe would soon fall. And I may not survive, like a programmer I knew who was found floating in his pool. So I replaced my Exec position with another poor schmuck who wanted the promotion, lol. And then I just faded away.

I say all this shit now because I am hoping some very few, who are still alive, who walked the streets with me, will read what I say. I never give up hope.

The Cherub

Karakorum

supressively reasonable
The only Being Mike and Marty can trust is God; everyone else pays at the door. Be careful, Karakorum :) You call getting a "lessor paying job" but instead international attention for now being a good guy an improvement? lol. He did it to hide in plain sight, is all. Smart.
Well, the first time I read about what Rinder is doing outside, I was absolutely certain that he is just trying to get into a position of authority and also trying to monetize his previous scientology experience.

But once I saw Aaron claim that Rinder is making less money on the show than he was doing previously, I had to at least scratch the "monetize scientology" charge. I still don't trust him. For all the mud-raking he is doing about abuses in scientology and child sexual abuse and stuff... he's being very quiet about his own role. Did he knew about child abuse and helped to cover it up? If so, then could he please share all the details with the FBI?
He's been in OSA so long and so high that I just can't imagine how could he have not know.

I understand: people have the right to remain silent and not incriminate themselves with their testimony. But if that is the case, he shouldn't be this spotlight guy speaking on behalf of the ex scn community.

The only thing going for him in my book is that Aaron seems to trust him and I consider Aaron an honest and upfront guy (at least as much as you can be inside Cos).

Yes, I understand your lack of desk-presence was kind of waving a flag. I had the few good brain cells left that told me had I witnessed to others what I'd seen, despite all the good things I'd done for the COS over the years, the axe would soon fall. And I may not survive, like a programmer I knew who was found floating in his pool. So I replaced my Exec position with another poor schmuck who wanted the promotion, lol. And then I just faded away.

I'm pretty sure I could have dodged the axe If I wanted, my "cult career" was really going good. I had good stats, superiors trusted me. There's a fair chance I could even be General Inspector for Ethics by now, had I not defected.

But to do so, I'd have to keep my mouth shut, fall in line going against my own beliefs. I seriously had enough of all the anti-life bullshit and sure as hell I was not going to be the guy who polices and enforces that madness.

More than that, I would have to put up with all that redundant, bloaded, absurd self-defeating admin tech and I simply had enough of that shitshow.

That's the proper name for the movement: "Shitshowology"