What's new

New:Scientology and David Miscavige sued for abuse

JackStraw

Silver Meritorious Patron
So how much (legitimate) dirt can be aired by the media while this is ongoing without infringing on legal procedures / prejudicing the plaintiff's case?

Paul
Fortunately, this wasn't filed in England, with its somewhat draconian limits on reportage...

Jack

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
5 million to settle ?

NO NO NO.

$300 million is more like it for this first law suit.
That would be cool!

If that happened there would be "CRUSADES" to build a $500 million war chest.

To pay for the "criminal" $300M judgment.

To set aside $200M to build an Ideal IAS War Chest.

Naturally $200M would go for the Ideal IAS Building and later emergency fundraisers would have to be held to buy Ideal furniture.

PUNCHLINE TO THE JOKE: Scientologists would have huge wins by donating money whose only product was bankrupting themselves.

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
I wouldn't recommend anyone get their hopes up too high on this. A great amount of autonomy is extended to religious groups. A Jew isn't going to get very far by suing his rabbi for tossing his BLT out the window...

Voodoo

Free Your Mind And Your Ass Will Follow
Some of Tony's comments / teasers from today:

That last comment is intriguing. Any guesses anyone?

My guesses / wish list
  • Arthur Hubbard -- last of the potential Hubbard family "resistance" possibilities on the outside
  • Pat Broeker -- maybe he's experienced some late-life pangs of repentance and a willingness to finally speak
Here's another great comment from Tony's blog post:

Once_Born Mark Parry-Maddocks • a day ago

Yes.

The lawyers are attacking the criminal acts - but also seem determined to establish that those criminal acts are required by Hubbard and consequently by Scientology doctrine. Scientologist have no choice but to break the law whenever their aims are frustrated.

If they are convicted of an criminal offence they must lose non-profit status - but they can't use the 'bad apple' defence because the case also establishes that offence is required by the doctrine.

It's easy to overlook, when celebrating the prospect of redress for offences against a person - but this goes for Scientology's throat - their tax exemption.

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
I just hope they won't run the same magic on her that they ran on Marty. I have no idea what they did that time, but it sure worked.
True, but. . .

Rathbun, despite all his ostensibly well-intentioned whistleblowing vs. Miscavige, Hubbard and the cult---RATHBUN ALWAYS CONTINUED TO ATTACK & DEGRADE ANYONE WHO DARED DISAGREED WITH HIM---even his dumb-ass "Indie" cult stragglers who worshipped him.

To wit, he never ceased being a cult abuser.

CONCLUSION: Wannabe cult leaders don't believe nor mean a thing they write/say. Ignore those, just turn the sound off and watch their actions. All they want is personal power, glory and money.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
It's the top story in todays print edition of the SP Times (AKA Tampa Bay Times). I'll get a copy later and paste a photo of it here in this thread. But here's a link to the story on their website:

Lawsuit accuses Scientology, David Miscavige of child abuse, human trafficking, libel.

Lawyers say more lawsuits will follow.The first, filed in Los Angeles for an unnamed Jane Doe, outlines her life of alleged abuse in the church, including at the international spiritual headquarters in Clearwater

http://www.tampabay.com/scientology...child-abuse-human-trafficking-libel-20190619/

Excerpt:

A team of eight victims' rights attorneys on Tuesday filed the first of what they promise will be a series of lawsuits against the Church of Scientology and its leader, David Miscavige, on behalf of defectors who say they suffered a range of exploitation from child abuse, human trafficking and forced labor to revenge tactics related to the church's Fair Game policy.

The lawsuit, filed in Los Angeles Superior Court on behalf of an unnamed Jane Doe born in 1979, outlines her lifetime of alleged suffering in Scientology where she was subjected as a child at the Clearwater headquarters to abuse inherent to auditing, Scientology's spiritual counseling that can more resemble interrogation. It states she joined the church's clergy-like Sea Org in California at 15, where people worked 100 hours a week for $46. She was at times held against her will. When she officially left Scientology in 2017, Doe was followed by private investigators and terrorized by the church as it published “a hate website” falsely stating she was an alcoholic dismissed from the sect for promiscuity, according to the complaint.

<snip> (read entire story at link above)

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Other media around the country are beginning to pick up the story. :)

Woman Alleges Harassment by Church of Scientology Over Remini Series (video embedded)
https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/...h-of-Scientology-Remini-Series-511494832.html

Church of Scientology Sued by Former Member, Who Appeared on Leah Remini's Show, for False Imprisonment and Kidnapping
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/church-scientology-sued-former-member-200820196.html

Phila. Lawyers File Suit Against Church of Scientology Alleging Human Trafficking, Intimidation
https://www.law.com/thelegalintelli...ficking-intimidation/?slreturn=20190520131627

Scientology accused of child abuse and human trafficking in new lawsuit (this is the story in Tampa Bay Times, picked up by Miami Herald)
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/state/florida/article231725253.html

Former Scientology member sues church, leader David Miscavige for child abuse, human trafficking
https://www.nydailynews.com/news/na...0190620-2vkzdxylcjap3me3chc75lbdsa-story.html

And also the Daily Mail in the UK picked up the story:

daily mail.PNG
SEE FULL STORY: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...agged-men-abusive-husband-removed-office.html

And here's the scene at COB's office at present:

:swear::violent::angry::argue::gaah::furious::hissyfit::grouch::violent::violent:

Exesso

Bitter Apostate
Thursday at 2:00 just got here for me.

My stats are straight up and vertical. Gonna celebrate all weekend. :happydance:
WOW! I haven't thought about Thursday at 2:00 for years! It was such a daunting/exhausting/horrible part of my life for so long, you'd think I would never forget--must be a deep psychological reason it's been blocked out. :laugh:
Now I work 4 days a week so Thursday has become the most relaxing work day right before I head into my 3 day weekend...:cool:

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Jesus Christ my Good Lord..

This is the reason why I remain connected to $cientology news...to see the day comes when justice will rule over all the abuses of this cult and it's founder and perpetrators, especially those in total power. I was looking the children abuse, human trafficking and slave work would be the first case brought to the court.

I am so glad the some people decided HE is not over the law and have the courage to go further and exposed themselve to the mafia vicious attacks.

My thought is that it will be long but there will be concrete proofs and a ton of witnesses already prepared. This will be a group offensive that Ron Hubbard SP declared and OSA attack policies won't succeed anymore in 2020...because those policies were intented to isolate people; Those people now group together in a very powerful movement..it's main force: Truth...and soon or later, truth will prevail and human rights abusers in COS will be prosecuted....and powerful leader will be accountable.

Justice obstruction with hundreds of motions will too find an end..they are known to use those strategies to avoid being prosecuted.

Good luck Mr Miscavige, in order to help you to get prepared here are one of the question you will be asked:

- your credentials
- education level
:oops:

Asthma inhalator
are allowed in court , especially for those under extreme severe stress; so no worries!
A good advice is to tell truth, not lies, because judges and attorneys smells lies very easily and they dig deeper to find the bigger lies...

Have a good week-end!

This is true

[format=h1]Much respect and all the best to Valerie[/format][format=h1] and Valerie Team[/format]

:cheerleader::cheerleader::party::thewave:
  • :woohoo:
:cake2::clap::clap2::woohoo::woohoo:

Last edited: